Trending Topics

Next match: Fulham v LFC [Premier League] Sun 21st Apr @ 4:30 pm
      Craven Cottage

Today is the 19th of April and on this date LFC's match record is P32 W19 D8 L5

LFC Reds Poll

Q. LFC Man of the Match v Spurs?

Alisson
      12 (11.7%)
      Trent Alexander-Arnold
      1 (1%)
      Joe Gomez
      2 (1.9%)
      Virgil van Dijk
      5 (4.9%)
      Andy Robertson
      3 (2.9%)
      Jordan Henderson
      3 (2.9%)
      Georginio Wijnaldum
      26 (25.2%)
      Alex Oxlade-Chamberlain
      1 (1%)
      Sadio Mane
      8 (7.8%)
      Mohammed Salah
      0 (0%)
      Roberto Firmino
      41 (39.8%)
      Adam Lallana
      0 (0%)
      Divock Origi
      0 (0%)
      Xherdan Shaqiri
      1 (1%)

Total Members Voted: 101

Voting closed: Jan 15, 2020 07:22:46 pm

Tottenham Hotspur 0-1 Liverpool: In game and Post Match discussion

Read 20973 times
      what-a-hit-son
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 16,475 posts | 4821 
      • t: @MrPrice1979 i: @klmprice101518
      Re: Tottenham Hotspur 0-1 Liverpool: In game and Post Match discussion
      Reply #322: Jan 11, 2020 08:04:22 pm
      Great quote by Carra:

"Liverpool don't buy superstars, they make superstars".

Klopp is something that the likes of Pep, Mourinho, etc could never be.
      DanMann
      • Forum Legend - Dalglish

• 5,705 posts | 880 
      Reply #323: Jan 11, 2020 08:09:25 pm
      Kinnell, Walt. You could start an argument in an empty forum, you.

:lmao: :lmao:

We just broke new records. Never had it better.

Meanwhile at LFCreds:  :boxing: :action-smiley-060: :smack:
      sms1986
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 1,182 posts | 453 
      Reply #324: Jan 11, 2020 08:10:31 pm
      https://old.reddit.com/r/LiverpoolFC/comments/encen3/klopp_postmatch_quotes/

Klopp: We had to play for it, we had to fight for it. We could have closed this game earlier and should have. The chances were clear. We played some exceptional football to bring Robbo on the touchline but didn't find the player in the box.

Klopp: “Until 72, 73 minutes, we had 70, 80% possession. It's a big challenge to have that while knowing their threat on the counter. We deserved the three points, it wasn't the best game we have played. It was a proper fight.”

Klopp on Firmino: “Super player, really impressive.”

Klopp asked if his LFC side can make bigger story than Istanbul: “I don't know. I'm not interested in stories. It's not my first concern at the moment”

Klopp is asked about Tanganga. Says he was impressive.

Klopp on record of best ever start in Europe: “We try to respond in a focused way. When somebody told me, I didn't feel anything. I don't know exactly what's wrong with me. It's really cool, exceptional.”

Klopp: “What we are trying to do is create the basis for the rest of the season. Today we made it a bit too difficult for ourselves by not finishing it off. This stadium is something else I have to say. Thanks the away dressing room is best in the league probably!”

LFC007
      • Forum Ronny Rosenthal

• 102 posts | 17 
      Reply #325: Jan 11, 2020 08:13:04 pm
      Good 1st half, average 2nd half, sloppy last 10 minutes. I take the win. Hopefully Matip, Lovren, Fab and Keita are not far away to jump onto the pitch again (and we might even have Minamino in our backhand in a couple of weeks after he learns the system).
      johnlfcreds2010
      • Forum Ian Callaghan

• 984 posts | 65 
      Reply #326: Jan 11, 2020 08:13:18 pm
      Great to take 3 points again . I think their tactic was to bore us to sleep and make mistakes which nearly worked .
      Gini MOM for me I thought he was outstanding today along with bobby .
      what-a-hit-son
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 16,475 posts | 4821 
      Reply #327: Jan 11, 2020 08:15:29 pm
      It's an unreal record. Savour this.

Regarding today, though, we were sloppy at times and made daft mistakes so, for me, it's refreshing to hear VVD and JĂźrgen talking about that and how we need to improve. Talk about f**king perfection.

Love it.

Luck was with us today at times, though. That throw in we scored from should have gone the other way, Robbo is very lucky to be on the pitch and how hasn't Lo Celso scored?

Not that I give a f**k. Drink it all, Jose.

WeAreMenOfShanklysBest
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 396 posts | 114 
      • up the reds
      Reply #328: Jan 11, 2020 08:21:13 pm
      One step closer to what we all have been waiting for 🤯
      billythered
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 10,910 posts | 4976 
      • From Doubters to Champions of the World
      Reply #329: Jan 11, 2020 08:22:24 pm
      Wasn’t having a pop you senile pr**k f**king  super fan trying to tell people what they can and can’t say on a forum f**k off

Nothing like stoking the fire tho is there pal, in hindsight perhaps ‘poor’ was the wrong choice of words, it probably was, however no need to jump down the fella’s throat, but then you compound it saying senile pr**k & f***in Superfan, doesn’t really give your argument sustenance does it ?

Wobble head & give might be a good idea here, don’t you think ?

YNWA
      7-King Kenny-7
      • Lives on Sesame Street
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 44,014 posts | 5760 
      • You'll Never Walk Alone!
      Reply #330: Jan 11, 2020 08:25:29 pm
      Very lacklustre and a lack of concentration for large parts of the game and we almost came unstuck as a result of that a few times. Klopp went mental when Lo Celso missed that glorious chance and rightly so because it wasn’t good enough. We had players going for same ball and a lack of organisation at times. But then there were other moments when we were slick and in complete control. But on the whole, it’s easy to see why Klopp will likely be unhappy with that performance.

I think Klopp wasn’t perfect himself though, he made the wrong sub when he put Origi on, it should have been Bobby that went off IMO because we lost so much defensively when Mane went off. Thought Mane was instrumental in this win, as he is most weeks to be honest but defensively today he was boss, constantly running back and winning us the ball back. It was noticeable we lost that when he went off and that’s the only time really that Spurs grew into the game.

You can’t win every game playing brilliant and the most important thing is the 3 points as we continue this magnificent season. But that said, we still had enough chances to have run out with a 3 or 4-0 win.

Playing a Jose team is never great because of how he sets up, so it makes the win that bit sweeter. Leicester dropped points yet again and hopefully City will too.

Well in Reds!
      Dadorious
      • Forum Legend - Dalglish

• 9,882 posts | 1545 
      Reply #331: Jan 11, 2020 08:26:48 pm

Nothing like stoking the fire tho is there pal, in hindsight perhaps ‘poor’ was the wrong choice of words, it probably was, however no need to jump down the fella’s throat, but then you compound it saying senile P**ck & f***in Superfan, doesn’t really give your argument sustenance does it ?

YNWA

Have a look at his response where he told me to F**k of multiple times for no F***ing reason. Poor is still my absolute choice of word for the second half now you can flip the argument like your mate and misrepresent that all you want when I was specifically referring to the second half only not the context of the season or any records.
      what-a-hit-son
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 16,475 posts | 4821 
      Reply #332: Jan 11, 2020 08:26:56 pm

Nothing like stoking the fire tho is there pal, in hindsight perhaps ‘poor’ was the wrong choice of words, it probably was, however no need to jump down the fella’s throat, but then you compound it saying senile P**ck & f***in Superfan, doesn’t really give your argument sustenance does it ?

YNWA

To be fair, it was in retaliation.
      what-a-hit-son
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 16,475 posts | 4821 
      Reply #333: Jan 11, 2020 08:28:11 pm

You're in trouble now 😊
      7-King Kenny-7
      • Lives on Sesame Street
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 44,014 posts | 5760 
      Reply #334: Jan 11, 2020 08:33:27 pm
      sick and tired of nomark f***in posters thinking their opinion is worth more than Jurgens in team selection or performance its a f**king joke this is history being made but some feel they have a right to pull the lads performance apart f**k off

Settle down, it’s called an opinion, we are all entitled and nobody is saying they know better than Klopp. We all love the club, doesn’t mean we are perfect every game though, as Klopp I’m sure would agree.
      If you don’t like it then throw your toys out the pram and be “done” with here like you’ve done so many times before because nobody is forcing you to keep logging in to read people’s opinions.
      « Last Edit: Jan 11, 2020 08:37:42 pm by 7-King Kenny-7 »
      GERNS
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 12,290 posts | 1514 
      Reply #335: Jan 11, 2020 08:34:07 pm
      Saw bits of the game. Looked like s good game for the neutrals. Saw they had s couple of half chances, but bobby does what bobby does. Class take, sold the defender, and class finish. New record, but more important, 3 points. And on we go.
      GERNS
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 12,290 posts | 1514 
      Reply #336: Jan 11, 2020 08:35:49 pm
      Meant to say, fair play to moureen for having a go, but you are now 10 years behind the times Jose, it just doesn’t cut the mustard snymore 🤷‍♂️
      molbys belly
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 1,537 posts | 123 
      Reply #337: Jan 11, 2020 08:40:29 pm
      How many points clear ;D magical times fellow reds
      7-King Kenny-7
      • Lives on Sesame Street
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 44,014 posts | 5760 
      Reply #338: Jan 11, 2020 08:42:41 pm
      How many points clear ;D magical times fellow reds

16 with a game in hand. Incredible.
      bmck
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 9,503 posts | 1647 
      • YNWA
      Reply #339: Jan 11, 2020 08:44:21 pm
      JĂźrgen mightn't be dwelling on records, and won't let the team either, but think we can enjoy an incredible run:

- 61 points in the Premier League in 2019-20 - the most any side has ever registered after 21 games in a single season across Europe's big five leagues (assuming three points for a win).
      - 104 points across the last 38 Premier League matches (W33 D5 L0) - a record total by any team across a 38-match spell in the competition's history, overtaking 102-point stretches by Man City (ending in 2018) and Chelsea (2005).
      - Liverpool's joint-best scoring run from the start of a season in English top-flight history, with the Reds also scoring in their opening 21 games in 1933-34.
      - 38 Premier League games without defeat; last league loss at Man City was in January 2019
      - six consecutive clean sheets in the Premier League for the first time since December 2006 (seven).
      - Roberto Firmino has scored five goals in his last six games for Liverpool in all competitions, as many as he had in his previous 30 appearances for the Reds before this run

Good times :)
      Robby The Z
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 9,034 posts | 2690 
      Reply #340: Jan 11, 2020 09:02:54 pm
      Loved the way we played for 70 minutes or so, controlling possession and creating a number of quality chances. I went with Gini for MOTM but could certainly have said Bobby.

No shame that Spurs had a go in the last 15-20 minutes, or that they created some chances at home - and yes we caught a break on that miss -  but we also had good chances missed, by Bobby, Ox, Mo, Sadio, Gini, Origi. That would be my main criticism of our performance today, not killing the match off when we were dominant, but not every chance is taken in football, not even at the highest level.

Bottom line is we did enough to earn this victory, beat a hated rival (the manager more than the team) and have stretched our league lead by at least a point. Nothing to be unhappy about at all tonight.
      Robby The Z
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 9,034 posts | 2690 
      Reply #341: Jan 11, 2020 09:06:28 pm
      JĂźrgen mightn't be dwelling on records, and won't let the team either, but think we can enjoy an incredible run:

- 61 points in the Premier League in 2019-20 - the most any side has ever registered after 21 games in a single season across Europe's big five leagues (assuming three points for a win).
      - 104 points across the last 38 Premier League matches (W33 D5 L0) - a record total by any team across a 38-match spell in the competition's history, overtaking 102-point stretches by Man City (ending in 2018) and Chelsea (2005).
      - Liverpool's joint-best scoring run from the start of a season in English top-flight history, with the Reds also scoring in their opening 21 games in 1933-34.
      - 38 Premier League games without defeat; last league loss at Man City was in January 2019
      - six consecutive clean sheets in the Premier League for the first time since December 2006 (seven).
      - Roberto Firmino has scored five goals in his last six games for Liverpool in all competitions, as many as he had in his previous 30 appearances for the Reds before this run

Good times :)

Good stuff. I see we have kept our opponents from scoring in all competitions for 616 minutes now. Do you or does anyone know the club record for that particular stat?
      FL Red
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 31,231 posts | 6359 
      Reply #342: Jan 11, 2020 09:13:30 pm
      Atkinson should never be allowed to referee a top flight game ever again. He is literally atrocious.

Horrible officiating aside, we really should have blown them away, we messed up way too many chances. But saying all that, 3 points baby!!!!!!

One step closer.
      bmck
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 9,503 posts | 1647 
      • YNWA
      Reply #343: Jan 11, 2020 09:20:03 pm
      Good stuff. I see we have kept our opponents from scoring in all competitions for 616 minutes now. Do you or does anyone know the club record for that particular stat?

Saw this:
      Longest consecutive run without conceding a goal: 14 games (1,311 minutes), Edwin van der Sar (for Manchester United, 2008–09)[108]
      https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Premier_League_records_and_statistics

Though think that's just in the Premier League, not all games.

We've some really low figure for away goals conceded too, can't recall it though.

Brilliant to see, but also good to hear JĂźrgen say records are nice, but until you get the trophy, it's not done [or something like that] :)
      heimdall
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 13,818 posts | 2724 
      Reply #344: Jan 11, 2020 09:23:59 pm
      Very important and good 3 points but a disappointing second half.

Quick Reply