Trending Topics

Next match: West Ham v LFC [Premier League] Sat 27th Apr @ 12:30 pm
      London Stadium

Today is the 26th of April and on this date LFC's match record is P24 W15 D7 L2

LFC Reds Poll

Q. LFC Man of the Match v Spurs?

Alisson
      12 (11.7%)
      Trent Alexander-Arnold
      1 (1%)
      Joe Gomez
      2 (1.9%)
      Virgil van Dijk
      5 (4.9%)
      Andy Robertson
      3 (2.9%)
      Jordan Henderson
      3 (2.9%)
      Georginio Wijnaldum
      26 (25.2%)
      Alex Oxlade-Chamberlain
      1 (1%)
      Sadio Mane
      8 (7.8%)
      Mohammed Salah
      0 (0%)
      Roberto Firmino
      41 (39.8%)
      Adam Lallana
      0 (0%)
      Divock Origi
      0 (0%)
      Xherdan Shaqiri
      1 (1%)

Total Members Voted: 101

Voting closed: Jan 15, 2020 07:22:46 pm

Tottenham Hotspur 0-1 Liverpool: In game and Post Match discussion

Read 21070 times
      sms1986
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 1,182 posts | 453 
      Re: Tottenham Hotspur 0-1 Liverpool: In game and Post Match discussion
      Reply #345: Jan 11, 2020 09:24:05 pm
      Robby The Z
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 9,034 posts | 2690 
      Reply #346: Jan 11, 2020 09:24:23 pm
      Saw this:
      Longest consecutive run without conceding a goal: 14 games (1,311 minutes), Edwin van der Sar (for Manchester United, 2008–09)[108]
      https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Premier_League_records_and_statistics

Though think that's just in the Premier League, not all games.

We've some really low figure for away goals conceded too, can't recall it though.

Brilliant to see, but also good to hear JĂźrgen say records are nice, but until you get the trophy, it's not done [or something like that] :)

Cheers on the clean sheet info.

JĂźrgen is doing a great job of deflecting the distractions and keeping the team focused like no other - but we can still be amused and entertained by some of the great performances and  the way the stats reflect them.

It's all secondary to lifting trophies in the end though, we know.
      fields of anny rd
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 17,663 posts | 1961 
      Reply #347: Jan 11, 2020 09:26:35 pm
      Pleased that Klopp seemed to be giving the players a bit of tough love at FT. Not sure we played that second half very well at all and it's no harm done that we take the 3 points as well as getting a bit of a wake up call from the boss.

United next and I want to see us a lot more ruthless at weekend. Those lot deserve a real smashing next weekend.
      Klopps Snood
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 1,653 posts | 1586 
      • CHAMPI9NS
      Reply #348: Jan 11, 2020 09:28:20 pm
      Another great result today, looked a bit shaky at times but we were by far the better team overall.
      Love the spirit of the team, always working hard for each other on and off the ball.
      An amazing 16 points clear and the best start ever by any team in the top flight.
      What a pleasure it is to be involved with this tremendous football club.
      You'll Never Walk Alone.
      bmck
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 9,544 posts | 1667 
      • YNWA
      Reply #349: Jan 11, 2020 09:32:26 pm
      JĂźrgen is doing a great job of deflecting the distractions and keeping the team focused like no other

Deffo great at doing that.
      Sometimes managers come out with nonsense, but he generally says all the right things, makes incisive points on the game, but doesn't dwell on them, keeps expectations in check and minds focused, all in a relaxed way with a few toothy grins thrown in :)
      billythered
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 10,934 posts | 4992 
      • From Doubters to Champions of the World
      Reply #350: Jan 11, 2020 10:26:52 pm
      Have a look at his response where he told me to f**k of multiple times for no f**king reason. Poor is still my absolute choice of word for the second half now you can flip the argument like your mate and misrepresent that all you want when I was specifically referring to the second half only not the context of the season or any records.

Two wrongs don’t make a right, telling ppl to F**k off ain’t all that , reason or not , I’m guessing tho that you have thicker skin than most, if you allow me to say the word ‘poor’ as not the best of descriptions, at the end of the day whether or not your mates are involved or not it comes down to what your opinion is , mountains and mole hills and all that, you/ he don’t agree,so f***in what, we’re all in the same f***in boat here, I’m wrong your f***in wrong who gives a sh*t, reverting to personal insults takes it to another level,

Your a smart guy, you’ve been around the block once or twice, your sh*t smells the same as most , so no need for the high horse bullshit,

We should all take stock of our mangers philosophy, you know, the guy who has given us the time of our lives, how he has brought together a club in mediocrity to the brink of invincibility, everyone together as one, isn’t that what we are all here for, to give our all, for the ultimate goal, are we not as fans part of the same philosophy, ?

We all have opinions mate, some we agree with some we won’t, we weren’t at our best tonight that, we can all agree, second half in particular.

But at 0-1 playing decidedly average away , is pretty f***in decent in my most humbling opinions, no ?

YNWA

LondonRed83
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 21,621 posts | 3917 
      Reply #351: Jan 11, 2020 10:29:22 pm
      Poor is a word that should never ever be used with this team. Mature, winners, gritty, solid anything but f***in poor

F***ing bang on, how is it poor seeing out a game away to spurs?! No chance
      chats
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 31,352 posts | 2819 
      Reply #352: Jan 11, 2020 11:09:33 pm
      Poor is an overstatement but there's no doubt we weren't at our best. Doesn't really matter though.

The sheer will to win in this squad is amazing even if the performances aren't always there. Today was crazy - I would say Gomez was a bit shaky, Hendo had his worst game in months and Robbo was off key going forward and yet we still completely ran the game. The only way Spurs were going to score was if we handed it them on a plate (and we almost did in fairness!).

This side is a pure winning machine. Sometimes we'll tear teams apart, other times we'll grind it out. End result is the same though.

Nice little week off now whilst United have to play Wolves in the Cup.
      frizzby5
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 18,362 posts | 627 
      Reply #353: Jan 11, 2020 11:10:04 pm
      Gini Motm for me, by the way does anyone know how we fared the last time we beat Spurs 1-0 away and Citeh 3-1 at home?
      Ryreb
      • Forum Igor Biscan

• 119 posts | 24 
      Reply #354: Jan 11, 2020 11:36:27 pm
      I had come to realize something recently that I believe many others are suffering from.  I found myself getting so frustrated during matches that I wasn’t enjoying them as I should.

We have been in such good form for so long that expectations are at an all time high.  When the bar is set at such a standard anything other than perfection gets over analyzed.  So much so that a performance such as today will be seen as subpar  when in fact it was rather good.  Playing like we did  today may not win every match but would win the league most years.

JD
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • Started Topic
      • 39,631 posts | 6940 
      Reply #355: Jan 12, 2020 12:35:36 am
      Poor is still my absolute choice of word for the second half

Thought we were very good actually for the opening 20 or so minutes of the second half - dominance during that period reminded me of the game v Leicester. 

Mourinho seemed to flip the switch at around the 70th minute when they brought Lo Celso and Lamela on for Eriksen and Rose - that was the point they had to go gung-ho for it and they do still have some very good attacking talent and were at home.  I would have been shocked if they didn't have some period of placing us under pressure - these are a team who half a year ago reached a European Cup final.

We weren't at our usual best for the final 20 minutes of the game agreed but to be fair we still had chances ourselves to add to our tally IMO.
      Robby The Z
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 9,034 posts | 2690 
      Reply #356: Jan 12, 2020 01:11:22 am
      Liverpool manager JĂźrgen Klopp, speaking to Sky Sports: "We played super football in their box, but for 90-95 minutes you have to be ready. We were, but we still have to do better."

On Liverpool's record:
      "It’s special. To win the number of games, to always be ready to fight, that’s what the boys to. The only thing is that you don’t get anything for best starts. The only thing we’re interested in is what we can get in the summer. This league is so strong. We have to be ready.

"Our lead is really not interesting. The moment we have so many points that nobody can catch us anymore, that’s when I’ll be interested."

Forgot to say thanks for giving me a new sig!
      Gill95
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 1,654 posts | 482 
      Reply #357: Jan 12, 2020 04:11:06 am
      Saw this:
      Longest consecutive run without conceding a goal: 14 games (1,311 minutes), Edwin van der Sar (for Manchester United, 2008–09)[108]
      https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Premier_League_records_and_statistics

Though think that's just in the Premier League, not all games.

We've some really low figure for away goals conceded too, can't recall it though.

Brilliant to see, but also good to hear JĂźrgen say records are nice, but until you get the trophy, it's not done [or something like that] :)
      5 away goals conceded this season.
      clint_call01
      • King Live Match Starter
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 11,690 posts | 3711 
      • Ynwa... lfc till I die !
      Reply #358: Jan 12, 2020 06:39:36 am
      MOTM were the Brazilians together and VVD/Gomez behind them.

I was exactly home with for kick-off. My girlfriend (she knows nothing about football) said that we were searching for each other. She observed that we link up brilliantly.

Come on Reds.
      Billy1
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 10,638 posts | 1966 
      Reply #359: Jan 12, 2020 06:57:48 am
      Just keep those 3 pointers coming REDS it does not matter how you do  it as long as Number 19 comes home to Anfield.In all fairness Spurs could of scored 3 goals but with a bit of luck we could of had six or seven.
      clint_call01
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 11,690 posts | 3711 
      Reply #360: Jan 12, 2020 09:00:50 am
      gareth g
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 15,469 posts | 366 
      Reply #361: Jan 12, 2020 09:43:58 am
      MOTM were the Brazilians together and VVD/Gomez behind them.

I was exactly home with for kick-off. My girlfriend (she knows nothing about football) said that we were searching for each other. She observed that we link up brilliantly.

Come on Reds.

Bloody hell Clint, if my wife said that to me I would have fallen of my chair!
      clint_call01
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 11,690 posts | 3711 
      Reply #362: Jan 12, 2020 10:18:51 am
      Bloody hell Clint, if my wife said that to me I would have fallen of my chair!

In a good way?
      Dadorious
      • Forum Legend - Dalglish

• 9,882 posts | 1545 
      Reply #363: Jan 12, 2020 10:40:40 am
      Thought we were very good actually for the opening 20 or so minutes of the second half - dominance during that period reminded me of the game v Leicester. 

Mourinho seemed to flip the switch at around the 70th minute when they brought Lo Celso and Lamela on for Eriksen and Rose - that was the point they had to go gung-ho for it and they do still have some very good attacking talent and were at home.  I would have been shocked if they didn't have some period of placing us under pressure - these are a team who half a year ago reached a European Cup final.

We weren't at our usual best for the final 20 minutes of the game agreed but to be fair we still had chances ourselves to add to our tally IMO.
      Clip knocking around where Hendo tells Jürgen straight after the game “it wasn’t good enough it was sh*t” a much stronger word and assessment than poor. Maybe I should have elaborated that poor also implied the lack of cutting edge in front of goal and we could have been up by a decent margin.
      brezipool
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 9,531 posts | 1772 
      • Mon the Red Machine !
      Reply #364: Jan 12, 2020 11:29:42 am
      LondonRed83
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 21,621 posts | 3917 
      Reply #365: Jan 12, 2020 12:08:34 pm
      I have no words left to describe this team
      LondonRed83
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 21,621 posts | 3917 
      Reply #366: Jan 12, 2020 12:11:39 pm
      Bluemoon has gone into meltdown with all the usual conspiracy, luck and LiVARpool sh*t - I love it.

Boston not la
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 3,564 posts | 766 
      Reply #367: Jan 12, 2020 04:39:27 pm
      I had come to realize something recently that I believe many others are suffering from.  I found myself getting so frustrated during matches that I wasn’t enjoying them as I should.

We have been in such good form for so long that expectations are at an all time high.  When the bar is set at such a standard anything other than perfection gets over analyzed.  So much so that a performance such as today will be seen as subpar  when in fact it was rather good.  Playing like we did  today may not win every match but would win the league most years.

Other way round for me,way more calm and relaxed,just waiting for the bit of magic that gets us the lead.Did get bullshit and shouty for that 10 minutes when spurs decided to play.

Quick Reply