Trending Topics

Next match: LFC v Brighton [Premier League] Sun 31st Mar @ 2:00 pm
      Anfield

Today is the 29th of March and on this date LFC's match record is P24 W11 D6 L7

Next season and beyond

Read 3525 times
      andylfcynwa
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 9,318 posts | 1611 
      Re: Next season and beyond
      Reply #23: Jan 20, 2020 04:46:50 pm
      Benladdie3000
      • Forum Gary McAllister
      • Started Topic

• 92 posts | 19 
      Reply #24: Jan 21, 2020 12:56:26 pm
      Next season and beyond...who do we look at. I would look at Jack Grealish..strong attacking player, still young. £55-£60m..

Maybe another striker..

Grealish??  Man's a n*b. Doesn't strike me as aa klopp player. Although I respect your opinion mate.
      racerx34
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 33,581 posts | 3826 
      • THE SALT IN THE SOUP
      Reply #25: Jan 21, 2020 01:00:53 pm
      We are on an absolute roll right now but inevitably this team will cycle to an end and new players brought in.....
      As soon as we win the league I think we need to plan for next season and defending it. City are vulnerable right now and there's no guarantee that a new season means they reset and go on another crazy run. And don't even get me started on the rest. If the he club is clever here, we could dominate for five years. Jürgen hasn't spent much money for a while but that's becuase he recruited so well before. However this summer we for sure need to recruit. It's easier to recruit in our position now than it was 5years ago when we were desperate.  I'm saying I (and I think everyone else who loves our club) doesn't want this just to be a moment in time when there's potential for the he club to really kick on and eclipse united and keep city under our thumb. Klopp and his team defo have number 20 and 7 in they're locker but need our owners to continue backing them.

Next season the team/management will have to plan around AFCON and the loss of Salah, Mane, Keita.
      Until then. Enjoy the moment. Enjoy this season. Enjoy the greatest team in the world.
      skamp
      • Forum Emlyn Hughes

• 834 posts | 306 
      Reply #26: Jan 21, 2020 01:36:19 pm
      People getting ahead of themselves here; let's walk before we start trying to be Usain Bolt.

Assuming we win the league, it'll obviously be the first time since 1990, but it'll also be the first time we've won a "Big One" in successive seasons since 1984.

I'm 50, my son is 25; we'll both die happy if we wrap up the league this year.  Anything else is a bonus for Liverpool fans of my era.

Short-termism, maybe, but that's how I feel personally.

How I'll feel next season remains to be seen, but that will wait until then as there's still 5 months left of this season FFS!!

COYR!!!
      Robby The Z
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 9,034 posts | 2690 
      Reply #27: Jan 21, 2020 03:08:47 pm
      People getting ahead of themselves here; let's walk before we start trying to be Usain Bolt.

Assuming we win the league, it'll obviously be the first time since 1990, but it'll also be the first time we've won a "Big One" in successive seasons since 1984.

I'm 50, my son is 25; we'll both die happy if we wrap up the league this year.  Anything else is a bonus for Liverpool fans of my era.

Short-termism, maybe, but that's how I feel personally.

How I'll feel next season remains to be seen, but that will wait until then as there's still 5 months left of this season FFS!!

COYR!!!

Yes. Enjoy it one step at a time.

One other thing about the original post. There is something about "as soon as we win the league we need to plan for next season..."

Guaranteed - Klopp and team are way, WAY ahead of that when it comes to planning. He doesn't leave things to chance. Those plans have been in place for a long time.
      AussieRed
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 20,583 posts | 6643 
      • You'll Never Walk Alone
      Reply #28: Jan 21, 2020 10:46:17 pm
      Like Trent said in his post match comments, it's one game at a time that they focus on and they want to do that for the whole remainder of the Season and see where that takes us.

I'm pretty sure he means win every game possible and go down as the Best Team in the History of English Football!
      Jimsouse67
      • Forum Legend - Dalglish

• 9,275 posts | 1436 
      Reply #29: Jan 22, 2020 11:02:05 am
      not even thinking about what I’m having for my bloody tea tonight never mind next season  as I’m enjoying this one far to much to even give either a moments thought.

Quick Reply