Trending Topics

Next match: LFC v Brighton [Premier League] Sun 31st Mar @ 2:00 pm
      Anfield

Today is the 28th of March and on this date LFC's match record is P26 W11 D3 L12

Pre-Match: Liverpool V Manchester United (19/01/20 - 16:30)

Read 18225 times
      waltonl4
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 37,585 posts | 7139 
      Re: Pre-Match: Liverpool V Manchester United (19/01/20 - 16:30)
      Reply #23: Jan 13, 2020 07:19:22 pm
      Forget the blood tests, the sports science guys, the computer modelling, what Klopp needs is to get on the internet and get some good old fashioned internet wisdom.
      It'll change him for the better, then he'll know who to play, when to bring subs on, how fit the players are, and what their body language is saying.

It's the future I tells ya.

I think this Jürgen fella might just be a forum member under a pseudonym how else could he be having the success he is this season relying on the best coaches, Sports Science people and stats people gets you knowhere
      shabbadoo
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 29,420 posts | 4581 
      Reply #24: Jan 13, 2020 07:29:19 pm
      Just smash these cu*ts out the park..
      billythered
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 10,821 posts | 4920 
      • From Doubters to Champions of the World
      Reply #25: Jan 13, 2020 07:43:10 pm
      Think the lads will want to punish UTD for destroying our season . We don't need any motivation to give this shower a footballing lesson and to shut that hobgoblin up with his pathetic City are the best jibes.  What sort of UTD manager goes around praising CITY as the best team in the world UTD are finished if this is their status now.

The very fact OGS has reverted to sucking City’s cock speaks volumes, maybe Rasher face Fergie did say something but who the F**k cares, they know their in for a f***in hiding on Sunday, they know they are f***in eons away from us, they know we are well and truly back on our f***in Perch,

In the early 90’s when football was discovered, they had there wee golden spell, we were on the back foot, but hung on in there, now we are back dominating and they are f***in nowhere, with no f***in hope,  we are buying class with likes of Virgil, they get Fat Harry Maguire, go figure,

Let’s be honest here, Munts are fu**ed, their down in mediocrity city vying with the likes of Newcastle, Blueshite, Spuds, They Are f***in sh*te, and they know it.

Roll on Sunday, gonna be a mauling !!

Where Are You Keith,We need someone to take the piss out of ?

YNWA
      rossyred
      • Forum Legend - Dalglish

• 9,090 posts | 1631 
      Reply #26: Jan 13, 2020 08:26:31 pm
      Lallana probably edges Ox for me but do feel if we are in control lallana the best to come on whereas not sure Ox suited to that type of role and as others have said Ox more of a goal threat from start
      redtiler
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 1,101 posts | 125 
      Reply #27: Jan 13, 2020 09:10:09 pm
      I dunno, but maybe a start for minamino in the 10 role, Ole will sh*t himself
      waltonl4
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 37,585 posts | 7139 
      Reply #28: Jan 13, 2020 09:32:13 pm
      if they are all fit we know his starting line up bar maybe 1 player. The goalie and back four nailed on the fab three nailed on Hendo and Gini nailed on just one spot in midfield possibly up for grab but he will stick with OX
      Robby The Z
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 9,034 posts | 2690 
      Reply #29: Jan 13, 2020 10:39:40 pm
      if they are all fit we know his starting line up bar maybe 1 player. The goalie and back four nailed on the fab three nailed on Hendo and Gini nailed on just one spot in midfield possibly up for grab but he will stick with OX

I don't know Walt, I could see Jürgen going with a two-man rotation there. Lallana starting vs. United, Ox starting at Wolves, Lallana again for the Cup match and then Ox vs. West Ham. Wouldn't shock me. Agree with you about the other 10 so long as everyone's fit. I wouldn't be surprised if Jürgen waits for the Cup match to run out the players returning from injury from the start.
      what-a-hit-son
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 16,466 posts | 4816 
      • t: @MrPrice1979 i: @klmprice101518
      Reply #30: Jan 13, 2020 10:56:38 pm
      Thinking Lallana aswell mate
      Keith Singleton
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 16,662 posts | 2656 
      • Sir Lewis Hamilton
      Reply #31: Jan 13, 2020 11:30:12 pm

The very fact OGS has reverted to sucking City’s cock speaks volumes, maybe Rasher face Fergie did say something but who the f**k cares, they know their in for a f***in hiding on Sunday, they know they are f***in eons away from us, they know we are well and truly back on our f***in Perch,

In the early 90’s when football was discovered, they had there wee golden spell, we were on the back foot, but hung on in there, now we are back dominating and they are f***in nowhere, with no f***in hope,  we are buying class with likes of Virgil, they get Fat Harry Maguire, go figure,

Let’s be honest here, Munts are fu**ed, their down in mediocrity city vying with the likes of Newcastle, Blueshite, Spuds, They Are F**kin Sh*te, and they know it.

Roll on Sunday, gonna be a mauling !!

Where Are You Keith,We need someone to take the piss out of ?

YNWA

Man!! You've been taking the piss out of me for over 12 months now no more hiding places.  ;D Our record been superb against you lads over recent years but we simply can't get a result against you this time.

I fear a bashing sadly, fortunately I'm having my iPhone, iPad & laptop all under repair on the day of the match so won't be able to take part in any discussions.  :lmao: :lmao: :lmao:

Much as I hate to say it you deserve it but let's hope pigs fly and we can sneak away with another draw. Thinking postive when you beat us hoping that's the nail in Ole's coffin with any luck.  ;D
      7-King Kenny-7
      • Lives on Sesame Street
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 44,014 posts | 5760 
      • You'll Never Walk Alone!
      Reply #32: Jan 13, 2020 11:31:27 pm
      Added bonus of them having to play midweek against a tough opposition. They can’t afford to rest players either.

Tough game vs Wolves followed by going to Anfield, the only way that could have been any worse IMO is if they were playing City midweek.
      glennusmc
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 5,638 posts | 449 
      Reply #33: Jan 14, 2020 12:00:27 am
      For the record I hate everything about Man Utd, but we need to respect this team, as they will be up for it, just like when they were winning the league, no matter what our position was, we still played them strong, and got a handful of wins against them. It will be a tough match, maybe another 1-0, 2-1 win. Hope I’m wrong and it’s a ass kicking, but they will be up for this game no matter what their shitty record is at the moment.
      Harrisimo
      • Forum Legend - Dalglish

• 7,966 posts | 1355 
      Reply #34: Jan 14, 2020 12:34:50 am
      For the record I hate everything about Man Utd, but we need to respect this team, as they will be up for it, just like when they were winning the league, no matter what our position was, we still played them strong, and got a handful of wins against them. It will be a tough match, maybe another 1-0, 2-1 win. Hope I’m wrong and it’s a ass kicking, but they will be up for this game no matter what their shitty record is at the moment.

I would tend to agree inasmuch as it could be a difficult game. Rashford got to be contained.Despite United making a mess of the lad his quality is out there.So Joe will have to take him on.It's a win for sure but it won't be easy.
      AussieRed
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 20,583 posts | 6643 
      • You'll Never Walk Alone
      Reply #35: Jan 14, 2020 03:37:05 am
      I hate these cu*ts

Only Team in the League where my stomach feels sick all week leading up to it.

cu*ts
      Vicks86
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 3,635 posts | 273 
      Reply #36: Jan 14, 2020 03:47:29 am
      They are definitely playing 3-4-2-1 with pacy players, so no chance Mata or Matic start. Rashford will look to cause problems in that right channel of ours, as always. Perreira and Fred in the middle. They'll probably look to replicate their start at the Eithad, glad we have better defenders.

Think Lallana will start this in a 4-2-3-1. Can expect to see Hendo do something similar to what he did vs Sheffield. Drop a bit and form a back-3 to let Trent progress forward and mark the wide players. Lallana tucks in, looking to thread passes through the middle.

Salah
      Mane Bobby Lallana
      Gini Hendo
      Robbo Virgil Gomez Trent
      Alisson

Subs: Adrian, Neco, Fab?, Ox, Takumi, Shaq, Origi
      Robby The Z
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 9,034 posts | 2690 
      Reply #37: Jan 14, 2020 04:06:09 am
      They are definitely playing 3-4-2-1 with pacy players, so no chance Mata or Matic start. Rashford will look to cause problems in that right channel of ours, as always. Perreira and Fred in the middle. They'll probably look to replicate their start at the Eithad, glad we have better defenders.

Think Lallana will start this in a 4-2-3-1. Can expect to see Hendo do something similar to what he did vs Sheffield. Drop a bit and form a back-3 to let Trent progress forward and mark the wide players. Lallana tucks in, looking to thread passes through the middle.

Salah
      Mane Bobby Lallana
      Gini Hendo
      Robbo Virgil Gomez Trent
      Alisson

Subs: Adrian, Neco, Fab?, Ox, Takumi, Shaq, Origi

Gotta have a center back among the 7 subs. Matip probably ready by Sunday. Might still be too soon for Fabinho, but either way, no need for Ox, Takumi and Shaq on the same bench.
      Billy1
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 10,638 posts | 1966 
      Reply #38: Jan 14, 2020 07:12:09 am
      I think we will come out firing on all cylinders and put 3 or 4 past Manure.Trust Jürgen trust the squad get behind the REDS and they will bring us another 3 points.
      Keith Singleton
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 16,662 posts | 2656 
      • Sir Lewis Hamilton
      Reply #39: Jan 14, 2020 09:56:27 am
      Added bonus of them having to play midweek against a tough opposition. They can’t afford to rest players either.

Tough game vs Wolves followed by going to Anfield, the only way that could have been any worse IMO is if they were playing City midweek.

Seriously KK won't make a difference  under Ole as he hasn't got plan A let alone a plan B
      Keith Singleton
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 16,662 posts | 2656 
      • Sir Lewis Hamilton
      Reply #40: Jan 14, 2020 09:59:08 am
      I hate these Cu*ts

Cu*ts

Well at least some good come out of it then.  ;D Let's hope it gets postponed an hour before kick off so you have to go through it all again.  :lmao: :lmao: :lmao:
      TameImpala
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 2,269 posts | 1216 
      • He's five foot seven, he's football heaven
      Reply #41: Jan 14, 2020 10:19:20 am

I think the opposite, I reckon we've shown them too much respect in recent meetings. We seem to have a bit of a mental block against United, especially when we go to Old Trafford. Just looking at the fixture history and since 14/15 we've won once in the last 11 Premier League meetings. Granted we weren't very good at the beginning of that run but they weren't much better themselves. Considering the gulf between the sides over the last few years I think we should have had a lot more wins against them.

Old Trafford you could maybe understand failing to get a result because of the fact it's still one of the most iconic stadiums in world football with 70k + supporters behind them, but at Anfield we should really be tearing these a new one. Score early & we can make it horrible for them, hostile atmosphere and relentless pressing their boots will be feeling like they're made out of lead after 20 minutes.

That being said... I'd be delighted with the 3 points any which way! But I do think we owe them a drubbing
      heimdall
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 13,818 posts | 2724 
      Reply #42: Jan 14, 2020 10:37:37 am
      I think the opposite, I reckon we've shown them too much respect in recent meetings. We seem to have a bit of a mental block against United, especially when we go to Old Trafford. Just looking at the fixture history and since 14/15 we've won once in the last 11 Premier League meetings. Granted we weren't very good at the beginning of that run but they weren't much better themselves. Considering the gulf between the sides over the last few years I think we should have had a lot more wins against them.

Old Trafford you could maybe understand failing to get a result because of the fact it's still one of the most iconic stadiums in world football with 70k + supporters behind them, but at Anfield we should really be tearing these a new one. Score early & we can make it horrible for them, hostile atmosphere and relentless pressing their boots will be feeling like they're made out of lead after 20 minutes.

That being said... I'd be delighted with the 3 points any which way! But I do think we owe them a drubbing

We won at Anfield last year didn't we, wasn't that what led to Maureen getting the boot? I'm thinking something similar might happen this time.
      brezipool
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 9,447 posts | 1735 
      • Mon the Red Machine !
      Reply #43: Jan 14, 2020 10:43:08 am
      We will win, and we will win by a few goals.

Our squad is almost back to full strength, a full week between games, they have the wolves game in league cup tmrw night, and is the slabhead not injured too ?

and basically theyre rubbish.

;D
      TameImpala
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 2,269 posts | 1216 
      • He's five foot seven, he's football heaven
      Reply #44: Jan 14, 2020 10:50:06 am
      We won at Anfield last year didn't we, wasn't that what led to Maureen getting the boot? I'm thinking something similar might happen this time.

Yep won 3-1 at Anfield last season and that was the only win against them we've had in 11 Premier League meetings. To be fair to them they were extremely lucky in that game and the 3-1 defeat complimented them massively.

If I remember correctly we completely bossed the game, scoring in the first half and they got an equalizer out of nothing a few minutes later which was down to a rare howler from Alisson. That then gave them something to hold onto and they parked the bus until Shaqiri finally broke the deadlock with about 10 minutes left. 3-1 against United is obviously a good result but I think we could have destroyed them in that game if it wasn't for the lucky equalizer, hopefully we'll be able to properly put them to the sword on Sunday
      glennusmc
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 5,638 posts | 449 
      Reply #45: Jan 14, 2020 11:40:22 am
      I hate these Cu*ts

Cu*ts

Always feel the same away against this team too

Quick Reply