Trending Topics

Next match: LFC v Spurs [Premier League] Sun 5th May @ 4:30 pm
      Anfield

Today is the 30th of April and on this date LFC's match record is P29 W11 D6 L12

Pre-Match: Liverpool V Manchester United (19/01/20 - 16:30)

Read 18657 times
      billythered
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 10,945 posts | 5005 
      • From Doubters to Champions of the World
      Re: Pre-Match: Liverpool V Manchester United (19/01/20 - 16:30)
      Reply #69: Jan 15, 2020 11:14:24 am
      :f_whistle:
      I have to say Poch as ive been saying it since Mourhino left so not going to change now. He plays the United way and with money can hopefully bring us back with you lads and City. He did a great job at Spurs considering he had no money..

Your forcast not far off the mark, lets just hope you have it the wrong way round...   :f_whistle: ;D

I like the fact u think Poch will play the United way Keith, u you mean fractious boring?

Poch did do well at Spuds but Spuds sacked him in the end didn't they, So what makes think he'll do any better with your mediocre minions ?  :lmao:

YNWA
      Klopps Snood
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 1,658 posts | 1592 
      • CHAMPI9NS
      Reply #70: Jan 15, 2020 12:13:10 pm
      Love how we're playing Man United and people are almost unanimously calling for Lallana to start.

He was getting a dog's life off some supporters on Twitter etc not too long ago. Don't think he's ever even played 'bad' for us, just had rotten luck due to injury, so it's great to see him getting back in the mix

Hope he can stay fit for the rest of the season, if he can I'm sure he can make a big impact. Contract is up in July too, so could be a massive 5 months for him...

Always rated him highly especially when he first came, he's been dreadfully unlucky with terrible injuries, I think if we had a completely fully fit squad he wouldn't be the first name on the team sheet but he can do a job when required, he must be ok, I even named my Cat after him  ;D
      ozi_wozzy
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 2,552 posts | 304 
      Reply #71: Jan 15, 2020 12:28:39 pm
      Really don't want to get emotional about this game and throw the kitchen sink at it to try a walloping. We're capable of it, but we have a sh1tty record full of draws against these f***ers and I wouldn't be surprised if the pace of Rashford/Martial would be a threat on the counter.

I'd prefer a professional display like against Sheffield Utd, 70+ % possession and a comfortable 2-0 win than an adventure. Just another 3 points for me and that approach will put them in their proper place just as much.

It's time we stop looking at them as a rival and start looking at them as a mid table sh1thouse club with plastic fans where they belong.
      JD
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 39,654 posts | 6949 
      Reply #72: Jan 15, 2020 12:48:41 pm
      He was getting a dog's life off some supporters on Twitter etc not too long ago. Don't think he's ever even played 'bad' for us, just had rotten luck due to injury, so it's great to see him getting back in the mix

Looking over his career at Liverpool you have to admit he hasn't lived up to the hype.  He has been a passenger on numerous occasions - it had certainly got to the point where he was considered a luxury player - really lacked consistency.  But when called upon this year he has been much better.  A different role than what he started but he has a good season.

Although, if you want a game in this Liverpool team then you don't have any option but to improve.

It's time we stop looking at them as a rival and start looking at them as a mid table sh1thouse club with plastic fans where they belong.

Logic in that.  However, even when we are the top of our game in the 80s I remember us getting some poor results against these.  As much as you want to treat it like any other game the media build-up and the sheer history of the fact that we're the two biggest clubs in the country means that its hard for the players and staff to ignore.

For whichever team is doing badly it will always be one of their 'cup finals.'
      TameImpala
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 2,269 posts | 1216 
      • He's five foot seven, he's football heaven
      Reply #73: Jan 15, 2020 12:51:36 pm
      Really don't want to get emotional about this game and throw the kitchen sink at it to try a walloping. We're capable of it, but we have a sh1tty record full of draws against these f***ers and I wouldn't be surprised if the pace of Rashford/Martial would be a threat on the counter.

I'd prefer a professional display like against Sheffield Utd, 70+ % possession and a comfortable 2-0 win than an adventure. Just another 3 points for me and that approach will put them in their proper place just as much.

20 League titles mate they're certainly a rival.

Yes they are sh*te at the minute, which is why I think we should show them a lot less respect on the pitch than we have in recent meetings, but City & Chelsea could both win another 10 titles and they'd still be behind ourselves and United. Form is temporary & these other clubs don't come close to either of us in the grand scheme

Keith Singleton
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 17,024 posts | 2718 
      • Sir Lewis Hamilton
      Reply #74: Jan 15, 2020 12:54:19 pm

I like the fact u think Poch will play the United way Keith, u you mean fractious boring?

Poch did do well at Spuds but Spuds sacked him in the end didn't they, So what makes think he'll do any better with your mediocre minions ?  :lmao:

YNWA

Only reason why Poch left/sacked was the dressing room bust ups with players. Not saying he's as good as Klopp but with the right backing he would do well.
      brezipool
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 9,540 posts | 1773 
      • Mon the Red Machine !
      Reply #75: Jan 15, 2020 01:23:45 pm
      Lallana is a good midfielder and certainly a good option off the bench and in the squad but he's not a starter in my opinion and if he leaves in the summer I won't be to disappointed.

wow.!!  hes such a brilliant player, he is a starter. been unlucky past 2 seasons with injury, looks super fit again. id expect him to get minimum 1 year extension, maybe 2.
      brezipool
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 9,540 posts | 1773 
      • Mon the Red Machine !
      Reply #76: Jan 15, 2020 01:27:01 pm
      Looking over his career at Liverpool you have to admit he hasn't lived up to the hype.  He has been a passenger on numerous occasions - it had certainly got to the point where he was considered a luxury player - really lacked consistency.  But when called upon this year he has been much better.  A different role than what he started but he has a good season.

Although, if you want a game in this Liverpool team then you don't have any option but to improve.

Logic in that.  However, even when we are the top of our game in the 80s I remember us getting some poor results against these.  As much as you want to treat it like any other game the media build-up and the sheer history of the fact that we're the two biggest clubs in the country means that its hard for the players and staff to ignore.

For whichever team is doing badly it will always be one of their 'cup finals.'

lallana was klopps no.1 guy in his first season, he was awesome. then injuries hit. thats why form dropped, this season is his 1st season inury free for a long time. and look how good hes been.
      FL Red
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 31,337 posts | 6386 
      Reply #77: Jan 15, 2020 01:36:06 pm

I don't mind Lallana, and his work rate is unquestionable, but i'm not convinced he has the quality to be a nailed on starter. OK as an impact player later on. He's certainly skilful enough, but always seems a bit slow on decision making when he has the ball, and a bit to lightweight for the middle of the park. I feel he doesn't have an end product to his good work rate often enough. Only my opinion though, and i appreciate what others see in him. I'd prefer Ox or Millie in the middle, with a bit more physical presence. (when fit)
      I'd start with Hendo, Gini and Ox on sunday.

When he's healthy he absolutely can (and argument he should) be a starter. He was literally the first player that showcased what a "Klopp" player was supposed to look like. There was a period when he was fit that Klopp seemed like he'd adopt Adam as his son. He was a nailed on starter and our press game seemed to go through him.

We've certainly added some different pieces and he's not been able to stay fit for an extended amount of time but if he could, I think he'd still be worth an extension.
      heimdall
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 13,818 posts | 2724 
      Reply #78: Jan 15, 2020 02:03:38 pm
      wow.!!  hes such a brilliant player, he is a starter. been unlucky past 2 seasons with injury, looks super fit again. id expect him to get minimum 1 year extension, maybe 2.

Who would you drop then to accommodate Lallana, out of Fabinho, Hendo and Wijnaldum, and what is his main strength in your opinion?
      heimdall
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 13,818 posts | 2724 
      Reply #79: Jan 15, 2020 02:04:10 pm
      lallana was klopps no.1 guy in his first season, he was awesome. then injuries hit. thats why form dropped, this season is his 1st season inury free for a long time. and look how good hes been.

and look how little Klopp plays him, does that not tell you something?
      waltonl4
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 37,586 posts | 7140 
      Reply #80: Jan 15, 2020 02:09:08 pm
      Lallana is a cracking player at his best he is a one man pressing team that's why Jürgen likes him. Sadly age and injuries have robbed us of a good few years but a superb player to keep and use when needed and I think he knows this himself.
      If I see him on the team sheet I know he is going to give us everything and he such a fantastic touch.
      Robby The Z
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 9,034 posts | 2690 
      Reply #81: Jan 15, 2020 02:43:29 pm
      When he's healthy he absolutely can (and argument he should) be a starter. He was literally the first player that showcased what a "Klopp" player was supposed to look like. There was a period when he was fit that Klopp seemed like he'd adopt Adam as his son. He was a nailed on starter and our press game seemed to go through him.

We've certainly added some different pieces and he's not been able to stay fit for an extended amount of time but if he could, I think he'd still be worth an extension.

I think I would want to see it for a longer period of time before offering him an extension.  The past month or two have been good I agree, but how much of an exception is that over the past 3 seasons?
      brezipool
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 9,540 posts | 1773 
      • Mon the Red Machine !
      Reply #82: Jan 15, 2020 03:03:46 pm
      Who would you drop then to accommodate Lallana, out of Fabinho, Hendo and Wijnaldum, and what is his main strength in your opinion?

you dont need to drop anyone, its not that black and white, they all rotate. very rare klopp has had every midfielder fit at the same time. that can be said about almost every football team around the world.

They all bring different things to the table, thats whats so great about this squad.
      brezipool
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 9,540 posts | 1773 
      • Mon the Red Machine !
      Reply #83: Jan 15, 2020 03:05:45 pm
      I think I would want to see it for a longer period of time before offering him an extension.  The past month or two have been good I agree, but how much of an exception is that over the past 3 seasons?

thats what im saying hes been injured for best pat of 2 seasons this is his first full season with no serious injury worries. Im 100% sure klopp and LFc have or will offer him an extension. its whether he wants to take that extension or not.

brezipool
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 9,540 posts | 1773 
      • Mon the Red Machine !
      Reply #84: Jan 15, 2020 03:06:03 pm
      anyway this isnt the lallana player page. ;D
      Robby The Z
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 9,034 posts | 2690 
      Reply #85: Jan 15, 2020 03:23:43 pm
      What would you all expect United's starting XI to be on Sunday?

Wondering if OGS will put the kids, Greenwood, James and Williams in the team, or go with more experience like Mata. Pereira played pretty well against us at OT. Is he nailed on as a starter?

waltonl4
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 37,586 posts | 7140 
      Reply #86: Jan 15, 2020 04:01:54 pm
      lets hope for a tough game tonight extra time and a Wolves win on penalties just to soften them up for Sunday
      heimdall
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 13,818 posts | 2724 
      Reply #87: Jan 15, 2020 04:04:42 pm
      you dont need to drop anyone, its not that black and white, they all rotate. very rare klopp has had every midfielder fit at the same time. that can be said about almost every football team around the world.

They all bring different things to the table, thats whats so great about this squad.

?? You said Lallana should be an automatic  starter, I assumed you therefore meant he was the best midfielder we had or at least top 3, I therefore ask what would be your choice of midfield three, who would you drop from Klopp's preferred Fabinho, Hendo and Gini?
      Vicks86
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 3,635 posts | 273 
      Reply #88: Jan 15, 2020 04:07:28 pm
      What would you all expect United's starting XI to be on Sunday?

Wondering if OGS will put the kids, Greenwood, James and Williams in the team, or go with more experience like Mata. Pereira played pretty well against us at OT. Is he nailed on as a starter?

3-4-3 definitely. Heard Bailly is fit and will most likely get some minutes today. They wouldnt probably risk Rashford tonight and start Greenwood vs Wolves, so that he is fresh for the weekend. Simiarly, Williams today and Young for the weekend.

Martial
      Rashford James
      Young Fred Pereira Wan-Bissaka
      Maguire Bailly Lindelof
      De Gea
      brezipool
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 9,540 posts | 1773 
      • Mon the Red Machine !
      Reply #89: Jan 15, 2020 04:14:50 pm
      ?? You said Lallana should be an automatic  starter, I assumed you therefore meant he was the best midfielder we had or at least top 3, I therefore ask what would be your choice of midfield three, who would you drop from Klopp's preferred Fabinho, Hendo and Gini?

theyre all automatic starters, depending on whos fit. If in the very unlikely scenario they are all fit at the same time, its very difficult to choose between them all, they all bring different things, so it would depend on the opposition. Lallana now has even more to his bow, as he can play numerous positions like hendo & Milner.

anyway were talking about the Man U game, id defo start him in the 6 role, let hendo & gini or the ox join in with the front 3.

final point on lallana, I dont think I enjoy watching a player take the ball under control and turn so smoothly as him, even in teh spuds game, he brought the ball down like it was a feather at weekend then did an amazing turn to make room to lay off a pass. class.
      brezipool
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 9,540 posts | 1773 
      • Mon the Red Machine !
      Reply #90: Jan 15, 2020 04:15:20 pm
      Lallana is a cracking player at his best he is a one man pressing team that's why Jürgen likes him. Sadly age and injuries have robbed us of a good few years but a superb player to keep and use when needed and I think he knows this himself.
      If I see him on the team sheet I know he is going to give us everything and he such a fantastic touch.

correct.
      TameImpala
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 2,269 posts | 1216 
      • He's five foot seven, he's football heaven
      Reply #91: Jan 15, 2020 04:17:57 pm
      3-4-3 definitely. Heard Bailly is fit and will most likely get some minutes today. They wouldnt probably risk Rashford tonight and start Greenwood vs Wolves, so that he is fresh for the weekend. Simiarly, Williams today and Young for the weekend.

Martial
      Rashford James
      Young Fred Pereira Wan-Bissaka
      Maguire Bailly Lindelof
      De Gea

He sells it as a 3-4-3 but It's basically a 5-4-1. Absolutely no chance Wan Bissaka or Ashley Young will have any intention of getting within 20 meters of our corner flag

Quick Reply