Trending Topics

Next match: LFC v Spurs [Premier League] Sun 5th May @ 4:30 pm
      Anfield

Today is the 28th of April and on this date LFC's match record is P27 W14 D8 L5

Pre-Match: Liverpool V Manchester United (19/01/20 - 16:30)

Read 18598 times
      rossyred
      • Forum Legend - Dalglish

• 9,292 posts | 1664 
      Re: Pre-Match: Liverpool V Manchester United (19/01/20 - 16:30)
      Reply #92: Jan 15, 2020 04:26:22 pm
      He sells it as a 3-4-3 but It's basically a 5-4-1. Absolutely no chance Wan Bissaka or Ashley Young will have any intention of getting within 20 meters of our corner flag

Wouldnt know what to do with it even if they did
      billythered
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 10,943 posts | 4999 
      • From Doubters to Champions of the World
      Reply #93: Jan 15, 2020 04:41:45 pm
      Only reason why Poch left/sacked was the dressing room bust ups with players. Not saying he's as good as Klopp but with the right backing he would do well.

Fookin hell  Keith how dya think he’d get on with Pogba, assuming he’s still injured when/ if Poch were to arrive, he’s been the biggest disruption in your dressing room since Fergie gave that pillow biter Beckham a black eye  ;D,

Seriously tho, dya honestly think he’s your man ? He’s a good manager don’t get me wrong but is he up to it at that level ? Levy @ Spuds wouldn’t back him financially, got rid in the end, cos he ran out of ideas,
      I honestly can’t see the Glazers stumping up the amount of  £ms needed to fix you back up ! Allegri might be a better option, Anyhoo, who the F**k cares, your lot are majorly fu**ed and about to endure decades in the f***in doldrums,

Happy Mediocrity  :f_whistle:

YNWA

billythered
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 10,943 posts | 4999 
      Reply #94: Jan 15, 2020 04:52:30 pm
      lets hope for a tough game tonight extra time and a Wolves win on penalties just to soften them up for Sunday

Yes, and it would mean Munts win F**k ALL again this season 😂 😂 😂

YNWA
      andylfcynwa
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 9,351 posts | 1630 
      Reply #95: Jan 15, 2020 04:58:42 pm
      Got offered a ticket yesterday by a feckin Manc  in our own end he had a bunch of them at £250 a fckin pop , I’ve since learned how he does it , the fcker has tickets to all our big games 😡😡😡😡
      billythered
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 10,943 posts | 4999 
      Reply #96: Jan 15, 2020 05:04:31 pm
      ?? You said Lallana should be an automatic  starter, I assumed you therefore meant he was the best midfielder we had or at least top 3, I therefore ask what would be your choice of midfield three, who would you drop from Klopp's preferred Fabinho, Hendo and Gini?

Did you get a big f***in Spoon for Xmas by any chance, your always f***in stirring it?

Whilst I agree Lallana isn’t our best and is best suited from the bench, I think he’s a invaluable cog in our wheel, you cannot buy experience and he has that in spades, we seen how well he played when he Captained the kids in the mauling of N-everton , I’d rank that performance as one of his best for us thus far,
      There is talk he’ll be gone in the summer, if so, we’d miss him more than perhaps you think, like Jimmy’s experience it’s  priceless , and you just can’t buy it.

YNWA
      billythered
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 10,943 posts | 4999 
      Reply #97: Jan 15, 2020 05:06:08 pm
      Got offered a ticket yesterday by a feckin Manc  in our own end he had a bunch of them at £250 a fckin pop , I’ve since learned how he does it , the fcker has tickets to all our big games 😡😡😡😡

Was his name Keith ? 😆
      andylfcynwa
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 9,351 posts | 1630 
      Reply #98: Jan 15, 2020 05:09:25 pm
      🤣🤣er noooo
      Boston not la
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 3,564 posts | 766 
      Reply #99: Jan 15, 2020 05:12:56 pm

There's a lad from Denver looking for tickets in the spares thread.
      TameImpala
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 2,269 posts | 1216 
      • He's five foot seven, he's football heaven
      Reply #100: Jan 15, 2020 05:20:42 pm

How's he doing that mate? If you've got his name report him to michael.yorke@liverpoolfc.com, I think he's the current head of touting investigations

andylfcynwa
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 9,351 posts | 1630 
      Reply #101: Jan 15, 2020 05:21:50 pm

There's a lad from Denver looking for tickets in the spares thread.
      Well been as I politely told him to shove them up his hoop I don’t think I’m getting one any time soon .
      andylfcynwa
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 9,351 posts | 1630 
      Reply #102: Jan 15, 2020 05:24:40 pm
      How's he doing that mate? If you've got his name report him to michael.yorke@liverpoolfc.com, I think he's the current head of touting investigations

Do you think that’s worth it, as the club is actively knowing there is touting going on around anfield, also in many of the hotels .
      Boston not la
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 3,564 posts | 766 
      Reply #103: Jan 15, 2020 05:30:20 pm
      Well been as I politely told him to shove them up his hoop I don’t think I’m getting one any time soon .

Is the right answer too!
      TameImpala
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 2,269 posts | 1216 
      Reply #104: Jan 15, 2020 05:31:53 pm
      Do you think that’s worth it, as the club is actively knowing there is touting going on around anfield, also in many of the hotels .

Seem to be clamping down on it a lot more lately - There was a load of United tickets cancelled & resold due to members failing the fan update. I've had a few Local General Sale tickets flash red at the turnstiles too and had to run back the T.O with my ID to confirm. They do seem to be doing a lot more than they used to
      Robby The Z
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 9,034 posts | 2690 
      Reply #105: Jan 15, 2020 06:20:52 pm
      Seem to be clamping down on it a lot more lately - There was a load of United tickets cancelled & resold due to members failing the fan update. I've had a few Local General Sale tickets flash red at the turnstiles too and had to run back the T.O with my ID to confirm. They do seem to be doing a lot more than they used to

Does this all begin with Reds selling their tickets for a profit? Family members inheriting those tickets and doing the same? How do these tickets get on the (black) market in the first place?
      HUYTON RED
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 40,214 posts | 8569 
      Reply #106: Jan 15, 2020 06:27:08 pm
      :f_whistle:
      I have to say Poch as ive been saying it since Mourhino left so not going to change now. He plays the United way and with money can hopefully bring us back with you lads and City. He did a great job at Spurs considering he had no money..

Your forcast not far off the mark, lets just hope you have it the wrong way round...   :f_whistle: ;D

Only way the Glazers/Woodward etc are changing manager is when loads of empty seats start appearing. That's what really did for Hodgson here.

Still getting a pasting on Sunday though......it's been a long time coming!!
      andylfcynwa
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 9,351 posts | 1630 
      Reply #107: Jan 15, 2020 06:59:26 pm
      Agree but there’s always been noise about touting and little done to address the problem .
      waltonl4
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 37,586 posts | 7140 
      Reply #108: Jan 15, 2020 07:27:54 pm

report the c**t that's bang out of order
      HUYTON RED
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 40,214 posts | 8569 
      Reply #109: Jan 15, 2020 08:27:02 pm
      Agree but there’s always been noise about touting and little done to address the problem .

Yeah when addressing the problem they might want to start with where players allocations go!!

Plenty of players tickets have ended up in the hands of touts over the years.

Does this all begin with Reds selling their tickets for a profit? Family members inheriting those tickets and doing the same? How do these tickets get on the (black) market in the first place?

Actually no it begins with those fans from other parts of the country or from Ireland basically offering money for tickets, that's how it starts. Had Irish lads literally offer me £250 - £300 for my seasie at times, also heard lads shouting something similar in the street "I'll offer £xxx amount for a ticket" just so they could go the game. It's easy to say it's always the touts fault, but nothing ever gets said about those that do the above and I've seen it loads. End of the day if you're skint and some divvy is offering you that amount, sometimes it can be hard to say no.

HUYTON RED
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 40,214 posts | 8569 
      Reply #110: Jan 15, 2020 08:29:24 pm

Should pass his number on to the Urchins, I'm sure they love to relieve him of his tickets :laugh:
      HUYTON RED
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 40,214 posts | 8569 
      Reply #111: Jan 15, 2020 09:18:41 pm
      Rashford gone down and now being subbed off in the Wolves game.

Oh dear :laugh:
      Robby The Z
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 9,034 posts | 2690 
      Reply #112: Jan 15, 2020 09:29:58 pm
      Yeah when addressing the problem they might want to start with where players allocations go!!

Actually no it begins with those fans from other parts of the country or from Ireland basically offering money for tickets, that's how it starts. Had Irish lads literally offer me £250 - £300 for my seasie at times, also heard lads shouting something similar in the street "I'll offer £xxx amount for a ticket" just so they could go the game. It's easy to say it's always the touts fault, but nothing ever gets said about those that do the above and I've seen it loads. End of the day if you're skint and some divvy is offering you that amount, sometimes it can be hard to say no.

Have experienced that firsthand with American football (where there isn't nearly the social or legal stigma attached to ticket scalping).

Was dating a girl at the time (35 years ago) who went to Notre Dame. I was set to visit her one weekend and a big game was on the schedule. She used to sell her seats but I told her I really wanted to go to the game. So we're walking up to the ground and a guy yells, "Want to sell your tickets?" She said "No." and then he goes "I'll give you 500 dollars for them" and I'm like "F**K" you'd be crazy not to sell them." so she did.

But as I say there's not nearly the sense of unfairness or whatever about scalping here. It's mostly legal and they even have dedicated web site businesses for it.

Aggerdoo
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 3,491 posts | 232 
      Reply #113: Jan 15, 2020 09:42:51 pm
      Rashford gone down and now being subbed off in the Wolves game.

Oh dear :laugh:

Yeah would be good for us. Hes in the form of his life and he does play fairly well against a Klopp team.
      TameImpala
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 2,269 posts | 1216 
      Reply #114: Jan 15, 2020 10:00:34 pm

That's not really touting though is it - say if someone asks you to buy your ticket for a massive markup and you agree for a one off.

The real touts are the ones who treat it like a full time job and have dozens of season tickets / members cards. Or the scousers who buy £9 tickets in the local general sale and then sell them off for £2/300 quid a pop. Those people need putting down, whether there's a demand for tickets at that price or not. The way I look at it is every touted ticket that's been sold for 4 or 5 times it's value has been taken from a local lad, a proper fan, or a dad & his son. F***ing arseholes stopping people from going the game... And if they didn't hoover up so many tickets maybe people wouldn't have to get desperate and offer £2/£300 for tickets to a bog standard premier League match!

Quick Reply