Trending Topics

Next match: Atalanta v LFC [Europa League] Thu 18th Apr @ 8:00 pm - Pre Match Topic
      Stadio di Bergamo

Today is the 16th of April and on this date LFC's match record is P31 W16 D7 L8

Pre-Match: Liverpool V Manchester United (19/01/20 - 16:30)

Read 18396 times
      andylfcynwa
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 9,339 posts | 1620 
      Re: Pre-Match: Liverpool V Manchester United (19/01/20 - 16:30)
      Reply #115: Jan 15, 2020 10:02:47 pm
      Should pass his number on to the Urchins, I'm sure they love to relieve him of his tickets :laugh:
      😁😁
      As much as I wanted to go Sunday I just wouldn’t part with that much money it costs me over £100 pounds a game as it is , so dads house it is , think it will be another tight one Sunday but think we will have too much at home , turn it on Leicester style would be nice .
      waltonl4
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 37,585 posts | 7139 
      Reply #116: Jan 15, 2020 10:03:36 pm
      I don't care who they play they are going to get a drubbing
      heimdall
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 13,818 posts | 2724 
      Reply #117: Jan 15, 2020 10:39:43 pm

Did you get a big f***in Spoon for Xmas by any chance, your always f***in stirring it?

Whilst I agree Lallana isn’t our best and is best suited from the bench, I think he’s a invaluable cog in our wheel, you cannot buy experience and he has that in spades, we seen how well he played when he Captained the kids in the mauling of N-everton , I’d rank that performance as one of his best for us thus far,
      There is talk he’ll be gone in the summer, if so, we’d miss him more than perhaps you think, like Jimmy’s experience it’s  priceless , and you just can’t buy it.

YNWA

So you agree with me, but feel the need to butt in and accuse me of stirring up sh*t, wow!
      Harrisimo
      • Forum Legend - Dalglish

• 8,155 posts | 1381 
      Reply #118: Jan 15, 2020 11:16:58 pm
      On the Lallana front I think he'll move on. Think he's the type of lad who wants to play week in week out and he still has plenty to offer. He might not want to accept another contract for that reason. I would wish him well whatever he decides.

On the game itself said already that it will be a tough hard game even if dangerman Rashford doesn't recover from the injury he sustained tonight.
      Robby The Z
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 9,034 posts | 2690 
      Reply #119: Jan 16, 2020 12:49:56 am
      Just got done watching their Cup replay vs. Wolves.

So....this Maguire fellow, in their back line. He plays for ENGLAND????????? He was .... a big money signing??!!?!?

I say we should run at him all day long on Sunday. He is bit of a clod, seriously.
      Breeding-Reds-In-The-434
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 3,132 posts | 1074 
      Reply #120: Jan 16, 2020 07:11:43 am
      I love and hate this game, as it always scares me, no matter how bad they are. I feel good at Anfield, but it will be tough. Ultimately I see a late goal putting us through a tough 2-1 win. Look for Trent to have big game and Hendo to dominate the pace of the action. Salah scores aswell. Cant wait
      fields of anny rd
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 17,663 posts | 1961 
      Reply #121: Jan 16, 2020 08:48:11 am
      These are in for a real F***ing smashing, no need to worry about this one.
      GERNS
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 12,280 posts | 1513 
      Reply #122: Jan 16, 2020 08:55:33 am
      Touts !
      So what would the reaction be if you offered the huge money to a tout, when the ticket appears, smash the robbing b***ard, take the ticket, and leave him with the face value !
      Job done .
      Anyone have a problem with that ?
      TameImpala
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 2,269 posts | 1216 
      • He's five foot seven, he's football heaven
      Reply #123: Jan 16, 2020 09:04:08 am
      Don't mean to go full Alex Jones here but I'm a bit skeptical about this Rashford "injury" & wouldn't at all be surprised if he made a miraculous recovery.

Didn't Solskjaer try and pull out a fast one on Klopp in the away fixture by saying De Gea was ruled out only for him to appear on the team sheet? He's begrudgingly brought his best player on with 25 minutes left because he was desperate for a win, they score almost instantly and he's taken off with 10/15 minutes to go with an supposed injury

Wouldn't put it past that little elf at all as we've seen before how he'll try absolutely everything he can to get one over on Liverpool. Whether it's wheeling Alex Ferguson's corpse out to do the team talk or ruling players out and then declaring them fit a day later. Wouldn't be at all surprised if Rashford is fully fit for Sunday
      TameImpala
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 2,269 posts | 1216 
      Reply #124: Jan 16, 2020 09:12:55 am
      Touts !
      So what would the reaction be if you offered the huge money to a tout, when the ticket appears, smash the robbing b***ard, take the ticket, and leave him with the face value !
      Job done .
      Anyone have a problem with that ?

One thing I don't understand (especially with online touting) is why the club don't just purchase the tickets, arrange to meet the touts, take their membership cards / season tickets and hand the tout over to the police. Obviously the club would probably take a hit for a few thousand pounds but it's a drop in the ocean to them and would take a number of touts straight out the game. Even on these ticketing websites it says "Top rated seller" for certain tickets so you already know who the big hitters are
      heimdall
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 13,818 posts | 2724 
      Reply #125: Jan 16, 2020 09:43:12 am
      One thing I don't understand (especially with online touting) is why the club don't just purchase the tickets, arrange to meet the touts, take their membership cards / season tickets and hand the tout over to the police. Obviously the club would probably take a hit for a few thousand pounds but it's a drop in the ocean to them and would take a number of touts straight out the game. Even on these ticketing websites it says "Top rated seller" for certain tickets so you already know who the big hitters are

I agree, it would seem to be very very easy to do a sting operation and eliminate all touting IF the clubs/events wanted to
      SM
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 3,583 posts | 400 
      Reply #126: Jan 16, 2020 09:58:34 am
      Don't mean to go full Alex Jones here but I'm a bit skeptical about this Rashford "injury" & wouldn't at all be surprised if he made a miraculous recovery.

Didn't Solskjaer try and pull out a fast one on Klopp in the away fixture by saying De Gea was ruled out only for him to appear on the team sheet? He's begrudgingly brought his best player on with 25 minutes left because he was desperate for a win, they score almost instantly and he's taken off with 10/15 minutes to go with an supposed injury

Wouldn't put it past that little elf at all as we've seen before how he'll try absolutely everything he can to get one over on Liverpool. Whether it's wheeling Alex Ferguson's corpse out to do the team talk or ruling players out and then declaring them fit a day later. Wouldn't be at all surprised if Rashford is fully fit for Sunday

Your spot on, Rashford will play 100%.

They will sit deep and try play long balls over to him, the Jose tactic that Spurs tried.
      sms1986
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 1,182 posts | 453 
      Reply #127: Jan 16, 2020 10:00:45 am
      I looked at Rashford's injury history last night, he rarely misses games and has had few injuries so he's likely someone who recovers from injuries quickly. We have the much better team whether he plays or not anyway.
      waltonl4
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 37,585 posts | 7139 
      Reply #128: Jan 16, 2020 10:50:35 am
      how many times have we been told that a UTD will not be fit for the game with us only to see a miraculous recovery. Its been going on for over 30 years its getting a bit stale now.
      Anfield will be out for blood on Sunday the lads will be rested and ready to go from the first whistle to get 3 more points and tick of another game played.
      sms1986
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 1,182 posts | 453 
      Reply #129: Jan 16, 2020 10:54:03 am
      I wonder if we'll get Solskjaer the sack, we've not gotten any managers sacked for a while now.
      waltonl4
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 37,585 posts | 7139 
      Reply #130: Jan 16, 2020 10:55:25 am
      I wonder if we'll get Solskjaer the sack, we've not gotten any managers sacked for a while now.

I hope not he is doing a fine job
      sms1986
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 1,182 posts | 453 
      Reply #131: Jan 16, 2020 10:57:43 am
      I hope not he is doing a fine job

He certainly is although even Klopp would have an hard time getting United back to where they were.

waltonl4
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 37,585 posts | 7139 
      Reply #132: Jan 16, 2020 11:04:12 am
      He certainly is although even Klopp would have an hard time getting United back to where they were.

lets not shatter their illusions that they are just one or two players short of challenging and let Ole do his best
      GERNS
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 12,280 posts | 1513 
      Reply #133: Jan 16, 2020 11:30:41 am

And what would be the repercussions if it was one of our top players giving tickets to family members to sell on for their own gain. :o
      Not suggesting thats going on, but.....
      ozi_wozzy
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 2,552 posts | 304 
      Reply #134: Jan 16, 2020 12:22:35 pm
      Logic in that.  However, even when we are the top of our game in the 80s I remember us getting some poor results against these.  As much as you want to treat it like any other game the media build-up and the sheer history of the fact that we're the two biggest clubs in the country means that its hard for the players and staff to ignore.

I curse your logic and common sense  :)

We'll never get away from the fact that they're a historical rival and it will be several titles before we consider them as a non-rival. But I do want to focus on current Utd and the current league campaign. I think it's key Klopp gets the message through to the players to rise above the media hype and play their game.
      Robby The Z
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 9,034 posts | 2690 
      Reply #135: Jan 16, 2020 03:12:10 pm

Let him play. He's not freaking Di Stefano.

We are Liverpool Football Club, top of the table, defending Champions League winners, undefeated in the league. And we're afraid of Marcus Freaking Rashford pretending to be injured?

Man U TV can video him rising from the grave 30 minutes before kickoff for all I care, they aren't going to stop us from beating them.
      TameImpala
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 2,269 posts | 1216 
      Reply #136: Jan 16, 2020 03:27:43 pm
      Let him play. He's not freaking Di Stefano.

We are Liverpool Football Club, top of the table, defending Champions League winners, undefeated in the league. And we're afraid of Marcus Freaking Rashford pretending to be injured?

Man U TV can video him rising from the grave 30 minutes before kickoff for all I care, they aren't going to stop us from beating them.

You're mistaken if you think I'm remotely arsed about Rashford. I was just pointing out that it looks like Solskjaer is at it again with his pathetic attempts at "mind games"

Di Stefano was a fraud anyway. Scored a load of goals for Madrid when teams were scared to beat them in case they were shot by Franco's henchmen
      HUYTON RED
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 40,067 posts | 8514 
      Reply #137: Jan 16, 2020 03:59:17 pm
      That's not really touting though is it - say if someone asks you to buy your ticket for a massive markup and you agree for a one off.

The real touts are the ones who treat it like a full time job and have dozens of season tickets / members cards. Or the scousers who buy £9 tickets in the local general sale and then sell them off for £2/300 quid a pop. Those people need putting down, whether there's a demand for tickets at that price or not. The way I look at it is every touted ticket that's been sold for 4 or 5 times it's value has been taken from a local lad, a proper fan, or a dad & his son. F***ing arseholes stopping people from going the game... And if they didn't hoover up so many tickets maybe people wouldn't have to get desperate and offer £2/£300 for tickets to a bog standard premier League match!

Oh I know but covering all bases!!

I definitely seen one of those touting businesses in operation last season one game they were basically sat off in the Oakfield with a queue of foreigners basically giving over cash and their passport for a fancard, take the fancard back and get your passport back. Couple of scouse lads running it but some wool lad must have had a good number of fancards that he was dishing out.

Quick Reply