Trending Topics

Next match: LFC v Brighton [Premier League] Sun 31st Mar @ 2:00 pm
      Anfield

Today is the 29th of March and on this date LFC's match record is P24 W11 D6 L7

AFCON

Read 4536 times
      king kenny
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 3,111 posts | 441 
      Re: AFCON
      Reply #23: Jan 20, 2020 04:36:34 pm
      Why shouldn't this be held once every 4 years?  Like the Euro's and World Cup.   I think it may be time that the players need to take measure I.e retire collectively for one of them out 2.  It shouldn't be played in mid season because like Jürgen said it is causing a major problem to African players.  If big teams are not going to recruit player for that reason then surely it has to be reorganised. 
      Robby The Z
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 9,034 posts | 2690 
      Reply #24: Jan 20, 2020 05:11:00 pm
      Anyone hearing the next one might be moved to somewhere without the rain issues so it can remain in the summer?
      adammac
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 4,757 posts | 239 
      • Heart As Big As Liverpool
      Reply #25: Jan 21, 2020 04:38:38 am
      Anyone hearing the next one might be moved to somewhere without the rain issues so it can remain in the summer?

There are talks about it being moved from Cameroon to Morocco but that would be due to political and/or stadium/preparedness issues.
      tezmac
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 11,111 posts | 896 
      • F**k the Sun F**k Murdoch F**k the press
      Reply #26: Jan 21, 2020 07:40:42 pm
      he was scathing of the governing bodies in his pre match today and he said his words mean nothing to them and he is right all they look at is how much money they can make in bribes and back handers. We are going to need 30 man squads at this rate and the summer break will disappear completely. the Golden Goose will eventually stop laying and then the fun will start

The game is all about money, look at tonight's games, one at 7-30 some at 8 and one at 8-15, last one to be considered is the fan. It a wonder they won't plat a friendly in the winter break
      HUYTON RED
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 39,948 posts | 8458 
      Reply #27: Jan 21, 2020 07:42:30 pm

The game is all about money, look at tonight's games, one at 7-30 some at 8 and one at 8-15, last one to be considered is the fan. It a wonder they won't plat a friendly in the winter break

BT just following on from Amazon, that's what they did for their games they had on staggering the kick off times
      king kenny
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 3,111 posts | 441 
      Reply #28: Feb 07, 2020 12:05:40 am
      FIFA president has said that he wants the AFCON every 4 years.  I am confused myself that this hasn't been suggested earlier.  I am sure it has something to do with them trying to find a slot for their revamped version of the Club World Cup.   I think it is a good opportunity to actually work things out.  The World Cup will be held in the winter.  I don't really know how all that is going to work but maybe give the AFCON the same set up every 4 years?

The biggest losers in this are African top players and at this moment of time we have 4 very very important players. 
      RC9
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 9,874 posts | 805 
      • Formerly known as Vtorres, Vsuarez, and Vsterling.
      Reply #29: Feb 07, 2020 11:56:05 am
      123 Vive L'algerie

Quick Reply