Trending Topics

Next match: LFC v Brighton [Premier League] Sun 31st Mar @ 2:00 pm
      Anfield

Today is the 29th of March and on this date LFC's match record is P24 W11 D6 L7

Matt Busby

Read 2479 times
      Pear
      • Forum Legend - Benitez
      • Started Topic

• 1,275 posts | 79 
      • Me, i always tell the truth, even when i lie.
      Matt Busby
      Jan 19, 2020 07:10:21 am
      Well i must say that i have just recently found out that Busby played for Liverpool no less than five years and watching documentary on official LFC YT channel called Us And Them Us And Them  i see that veteran LFC fans have a lot of respect for Mr. Busby, is that the general feeling about Matt Busby among Liverpool fans?
      Boston not la
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 3,564 posts | 766 
      Re: Matt Busby
      Reply #1: Jan 23, 2020 04:05:22 pm
      Defo,one of those what could of been moments.Not just because of playing career cut short but Busby being on our coaching staff and the clueless directors getting rid of him then he took the united managers job.History changing.
      clint_call01
      • King Live Match Starter
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 11,660 posts | 3670 
      • Ynwa... lfc till I die !
      Reply #2: Jan 23, 2020 07:06:40 pm
      I never knew it but I do not know any United history.
      HUYTON RED
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 39,948 posts | 8458 
      Reply #3: Jan 23, 2020 07:12:53 pm
      I never knew it but I do not know any United history.

A certain age of Liverpool fans properly found out about Busby playing and captaining the club around the time of his death and the minutes silence they had throughout the Premier League, think the club put something in the programme and there was something in the Echo as they were worried the minutes silence might be disrupted.
      clint_call01
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 11,660 posts | 3670 
      Reply #4: Jan 23, 2020 07:18:36 pm
      A certain age of Liverpool fans properly found out about Busby playing and captaining the club around the time of his death and the minutes silence they had throughout the Premier League, think the club put something in the programme and there was something in the Echo as they were worried the minutes silence might be disrupted.

Plus I'm foreigner and not that familiar with the real rivality plus I'm 28.
      HUYTON RED
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 39,948 posts | 8458 
      Reply #5: Jan 23, 2020 07:24:36 pm
      Plus I'm foreigner and not that familiar with the real rivality plus I'm 28.

TBH the rivalry is as raw as anything in football, but the change in how we view them changed in their treble season, the night they were playing Juve in the semi of the Champions League, we got beat by Leicester in the league at Anfield 1-0, yet majority of fans were more concerned with the manc's result in Turin and a lot of fanzines, this was pre-forum days, had pieces from fans going on about we had to start supporting the team more and stop getting worked up about man u.
      clint_call01
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 11,660 posts | 3670 
      Reply #6: Jan 23, 2020 07:27:35 pm
      TBH the rivalry is as raw as anything in football, but the change in how we view them changed in their treble season, the night they were playing Juve in the semi of the Champions League, we got beat by Leicester in the league at Anfield 1-0, yet majority of fans were more concerned with the manc's result in Turin and a lot of fanzines, this was pre-forum days, had pieces from fans going on about we had to start supporting the team more and stop getting worked up about man u.

In 99, I was 8. I actually started watching us in 2001 :)
      clint_call01
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 11,660 posts | 3670 
      Reply #7: Jan 23, 2020 07:41:05 pm
      Coady is a Liverpool fan too :)
      HUYTON RED
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 39,948 posts | 8458 
      Reply #8: Jan 23, 2020 07:43:24 pm

He used to be one of our reserves ;)
      Pear
      • Forum Legend - Benitez
      • Started Topic

• 1,275 posts | 79 
      • Me, i always tell the truth, even when i lie.
      Reply #9: Jan 28, 2020 02:36:55 pm
      Defo,one of those what could of been moments.Not just because of playing career cut short but Busby being on our coaching staff and the clueless directors getting rid of him then he took the united managers job.History changing.
      Who knows why is that good, maybe Shankly would never join us if Busby stayed.
      Boston not la
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 3,564 posts | 766 
      Reply #10: Jan 29, 2020 02:56:50 pm
      Not saying it was good or bad,more having non football people making footy decisions.But no denying Busby was a visionary coach that we got rid of.F***ing suits.Don't forget when Shankly arrived he had to fight to pick the team over the directors.

Quick Reply