Trending Topics

Next match: Atalanta v LFC [Europa League] Thu 18th Apr @ 8:00 pm - Pre Match Topic
      Stadio di Bergamo

Today is the 16th of April and on this date LFC's match record is P31 W16 D7 L8

LFC Reds Poll

Q. LFC Man of the Match v Man Utd?

Alisson
      4 (3%)
      Virgil van Dijk
      50 (37.3%)
      Joe Gomez
      0 (0%)
      Trent Alexander-Arnold
      0 (0%)
      Andy Robertson
      0 (0%)
      Alex Oxlade-Chamberlain
      0 (0%)
      Georginio Wijnaldum
      25 (18.7%)
      Jordan Henderson
      51 (38.1%)
      Mohammed Salah
      0 (0%)
      Roberto Firmino
      3 (2.2%)
      Sadio Mane
      0 (0%)
       Fabinho
      0 (0%)
      Adam Lallana
      0 (0%)
      Divock Origi
      1 (0.7%)

Total Members Voted: 132

Voting closed: Jan 23, 2020 06:22:03 pm

Liverpool 2-0 Manchester United: In game and Post Match discussion

Read 26318 times
      verde-rubro
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 1,986 posts | 222 
      Re: Liverpool 2-0 Manchester United: In game and Post Match discussion
      Reply #460: Jan 19, 2020 07:37:22 pm
      wow oh wow looks like we could win the league at city if we keep winning until then hahahaha
      GERNS
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 12,279 posts | 1513 
      Reply #461: Jan 19, 2020 07:45:58 pm
      Has anyone got video of Maguire when Gini went past him f**k me he isn't even in the same vicinity

Yeah, Maguire was playing in another post code st the time.
      GERNS
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 12,279 posts | 1513 
      Reply #462: Jan 19, 2020 08:07:34 pm
      Calmed down now. So.....
      Hendo, Gini, Bob and Virgil. All played at a level above everyone onthe park. Voted for Virg motm for his total domination of the back line.
      Won  probably 90% if all the high balls into our box.
      Overall, total und utter domination, snd should have been at least 4 up, possibly 5.  Then ........
      The substitutions !
      It was working as expected, why change it 🤷ā€ā™‚ļø
      I know moscored the second, but of the front 3 I would have subbed mo for minamino. More like for like. I think if you put Origi on as a change of tactic, heā€™s gotta go straight down the middle. To put him on the left, we reduce the impact Mane has. Origi canā€™t play that role, even though he missed s couple of chances. And Ox for Fab if youā€™re taking Ox off! Always said it, Lallana too lightweight for this side in the big games. Has a great performance 1 in 6.
      Not sure if it was utdā€™s subs that gave them a lift, or ours.
      We certainly gave them opportunities after, that's for sure.
      As Sir Bob once said. If it ainā€™t broken, donā€™t fix it.
      Not the first time our subs have given the opposition more purpose in a game.
      End of the day, delighted with the win and 3 more points. I avoided a heart attack.  Still undefeated, and all other results pretty well helping us as well.
      Surely weā€™re gonna win it now eh ?
      Harrisimo
      • Forum Legend - Dalglish

• 8,155 posts | 1381 
      Reply #463: Jan 19, 2020 08:15:12 pm
      Calmed down now. So.....
      Hendo, Gini, Bob and Virgil. All played at a level above everyone onthe park. Voted for Virg motm for his total domination of the back line.
      Won  probably 90% if all the high balls into our box.
      Overall, total und utter domination, snd should have been at least 4 up, possibly 5.  Then ........
      The substitutions !
      It was working as expected, why change it 🤷ā€ā™‚ļø
      I know moscored the second, but of the front 3 I would have subbed mo for minamino. More like for like. I think if you put Origi on as a change of tactic, heā€™s gotta go straight down the middle. To put him on the left, we reduce the impact Mane has. Origi canā€™t play that role, even though he missed s couple of chances. And Ox for Fab if youā€™re taking Ox off! Always said it, Lallana too lightweight for this side in the big games. Has a great performance 1 in 6.
      Not sure if it was utdā€™s subs that gave them a lift, or ours.
      We certainly gave them opportunities after, that's for sure.
      As Sir Bob once said. If it ainā€™t broken, donā€™t fix it.
      Not the first time our subs have given the opposition more purpose in a game.
      End of the day, delighted with the win and 3 more points. I avoided a heart attack.  Still undefeated, and all other results pretty well helping us as well.
      Surely weā€™re gonna win it now eh ?

Yeah great goal by MO. Started well inside our half and after a gut busting game still had that energy and drive to go for it sh*t or bust..held the defender off, stayed on line and timed it to perfection to slip it past De gea....far better goal than it looked in real time.
      heimdall
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 13,818 posts | 2724 
      Reply #464: Jan 19, 2020 08:16:26 pm
      Fabulous win, but we have to get better at putting away all the chances we create, still to sloppy in the final third but who cares a vital 3 points towards the league title.
      adammac
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 4,762 posts | 239 
      • Heart As Big As Liverpool
      Reply #465: Jan 19, 2020 08:17:07 pm
      We made it hard in ourselves the second half, so many wasted clear cut chances but in the end we grinded it out the last minutes and now the clean sheets just keep on rolling.

Though middle trio were really good, especially Hendo and Gini who both had periods of the game where they controlled and picked out the right pass. In a game where the full backs were not at their best (TAA was pretty quiet bar set pieces and Robbo where the final ball was off the mark) the mid-field stepped up to make the difference.

Happy for Salah to find the back of the net, that was a difficult play where James was all over Salah for 30 yards and clever shot through the leg. He drifted in and out of the game but comes up with the cutting edge or goal when needed.
      heimdall
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 13,818 posts | 2724 
      Reply #466: Jan 19, 2020 08:17:31 pm
      Yeah great goal by MO. Started well inside our half and after a gut busting game still had that energy and drive to go for it sh*t or bust..held the defender off, stayed on line and timed it to perfection to slip it past De gea....far better goal than it looked in real time.

Almost made up for F***ing up the tap-in earlier in the game
      lester76
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 4,810 posts | 242 
      Reply #467: Jan 19, 2020 08:20:09 pm
      Gini got my man of the match.
      Thought he was utterly majestic.
      The man is so incredibly Dutch.
      Norfolk Red
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 1,164 posts | 509 
      Reply #468: Jan 19, 2020 08:21:57 pm
      Almost made up for f**king up the tap-in earlier in the game

Really, you are a buffoon fella.
      +15
      sebby
      • Forum Alan Hansen

• 624 posts | 59 
      Reply #469: Jan 19, 2020 09:14:19 pm
      Best team won, miracle it was only 2-0 yes Hendo is playing like a man possessed great to see, thought Bobby had a great game, unlucky with the goal, great finish. Another clean sheet, another game ticked off. Its getting close 😊😊
      Harrisimo

• 8,155 posts | 1381 
      Reply #470: Jan 19, 2020 09:26:12 pm

"Almost"...but we have to remember Mo is about touch and feel, balance is key. If it's slightly off it doesn't happen. I would just marvel at the sheer guts to finish that goal off, in particular the balance...Mo could run along the top of yer back fence like a moggy on the skids...and Mo never hides, shows for ball every time no matter if he's not on blob. I would still support him because he never throws the towel in...look at the goal celebration.

Magic Mo.
      shabbadoo
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 29,420 posts | 4581 
      Reply #471: Jan 19, 2020 09:44:24 pm
      Another clean sheet., 👍🏼
      WeAreMenOfShanklysBest
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 396 posts | 114 
      • up the reds
      Reply #472: Jan 19, 2020 09:54:15 pm
      Love beating them, so satisfying. League champions
      Scottbot

• 9,592 posts | 2153 
      Reply #473: Jan 19, 2020 11:11:54 pm

Never miss an opportunity to criticise the lad
      Harrisimo

• 8,155 posts | 1381 
      Reply #474: Jan 19, 2020 11:31:57 pm
      I mean the VVD "foul" on De gea was a farce.If that was a foul then there are at least 3 fouls on every corner.It's a bleedin' contact sport. De gea just wasn't strong enough.There was not enough contact to give a foul. VVD went up for the ball and made no attempt to impede De gea. It was not a clear and obvious error so VAR had no grounds to deny a perfectly good goal...and it could've easily cost us 2 points.

If they can't get a comparatively easy decision like that right what confidence can we have.Sooner or later one of their crap decisions is going to cost us.
      heimdall
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 13,818 posts | 2724 
      Reply #475: Jan 19, 2020 11:52:00 pm
      Quote from heimdall

Never miss an opportunity to criticise the lad

Good grief, you guys need to relax a bit, I meant what I said tongue in cheek, although a nice early goal second half might have calmed the nerves a bit 😁.

ruthcity

• 6,916 posts | 1475 
      Reply #476: Jan 20, 2020 12:03:56 am
      "Almost"...but we have to remember Mo is about touch and feel, balance is key. If it's slightly off it doesn't happen. I would just marvel at the sheer guts to finish that goal off, in particular the balance...Mo could run along the top of yer back fence like a moggy on the skids...and Mo never hides, shows for ball every time no matter if he's not on blob. I would still support him because he never throws the towel in...look at the goal celebration.

Magic Mo.

Who cares how poor Mo has been... Or how many tap ins he has missed?

"It doesn't matter whether a cat is black or white, as long as it catches mice."

He scored the second goal. That's all we care. Magic Mo.
      AussieRed
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 20,670 posts | 6685 
      • You'll Never Walk Alone
      Reply #477: Jan 20, 2020 12:47:14 am
      F**k thinking about what we have done so far and then realising every game we at least create 5-6 decent chances, what our goal difference and our nerves would be like if we were more clinical. We are a F***ing Machine and long may it continue!!!!!
      Robby The Z
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 9,034 posts | 2690 
      Reply #478: Jan 20, 2020 04:38:21 am
      A few things,

I watched OGS interview and it doesn't sound like that quote from earlier is legitimate. He credited his team for some things but he doesn't say they dominated and he also gave Liverpool a lot of praise.

We were more than deserving of three points and just bossed the game for most of the 90 minutes. Yes, United had a couple of good chances in the 2nd half but we could have had 5 or 6 goals in this game. We just keep doing whatever it takes, and that Salah goal to cap the night will be a special moment to remember for a long time. In that context I have no problem with what the supporters sang afterward.

I went with Virgil as MOTM but no argument here with either Gini or Hendo. The front three did so much over the 90 minutes and Ox put in a very strong shift as did, Joe, Trent, Andy and Ali. WHAT a team we have.

Bobby's goal should have stood. Gini's was rightly ruled offside, but Bobby's should have counted - and what a finish that was. Saying that, Sadio missed three good chances, Mo two, Bobby one and of course Hendo hit the post. Even 2-0 flattered United.

Did anyone catch the post-match interview with Mo and Jordan. Salah was confused as to who the award was meant for (it was Jordan) and asked the interviewer "Why did you give it to me?" before hugging Jordan. It was pretty funny.

Just a great night for all of us and I think the only questions now will be by how much, when and which records will be broken by the end of the season.

Congrats to you all for supporting this wonderful club.

GeorgeRed
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 3,590 posts | 324 
      Reply #479: Jan 20, 2020 06:12:09 am
      It was a miracle they were only 1-0 down after the chances we missed.
      solodee

• 6,033 posts | 147 
      • Liverpool FC All The Way
      Reply #480: Jan 20, 2020 06:46:27 am
      About the live commentary.

There was one commentator who kept on finding a way to blame a liverpool player for every infringement Matic committed.

At one point he even went on to say he is glad Matic did not get a second yellow for the infringement on Lallana. Such a bellend.
      Billy1
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 10,638 posts | 1966 
      Reply #481: Jan 20, 2020 06:57:18 am
      Who cares how poor Mo has been... Or how many tap ins he has missed?

"It doesn't matter whether a cat is black or white, as long as it catches mice."

He scored the second goal. That's all we care. Magic Mo.

Spot on, I totally agree with you.He made sure we got the 3 points and nothing else matters.Well done Mo for that fantastic goal.
      bigbob75
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 1,264 posts | 280 
      • Let's talk about six
      Reply #482: Jan 20, 2020 07:17:49 am
       Oooooooooooh yeeeeesssss! Get in!

Thatā€™s what a 30 point lead looks like and even dodgy VAR decisions canā€™t help you!

xxxxx:action-smiley-065:

Quick Reply