Trending Topics

Next match: LFC v Brighton [Premier League] Sun 31st Mar @ 2:00 pm
      Anfield

Today is the 28th of March and on this date LFC's match record is P26 W11 D3 L12

LFC Reds Poll

Q. LFC Man of the Match v Man Utd?

Alisson
      4 (3%)
      Virgil van Dijk
      50 (37.3%)
      Joe Gomez
      0 (0%)
      Trent Alexander-Arnold
      0 (0%)
      Andy Robertson
      0 (0%)
      Alex Oxlade-Chamberlain
      0 (0%)
      Georginio Wijnaldum
      25 (18.7%)
      Jordan Henderson
      51 (38.1%)
      Mohammed Salah
      0 (0%)
      Roberto Firmino
      3 (2.2%)
      Sadio Mane
      0 (0%)
       Fabinho
      0 (0%)
      Adam Lallana
      0 (0%)
      Divock Origi
      1 (0.7%)

Total Members Voted: 132

Voting closed: Jan 23, 2020 06:22:03 pm

Liverpool 2-0 Manchester United: In game and Post Match discussion

Read 26016 times
      YANK_LFC_FAN
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 3,506 posts | 424 
      • Timid men prefer the calm of despotism!
      Re: Liverpool 2-0 Manchester United: In game and Post Match discussion
      Reply #483: Jan 20, 2020 07:50:59 am
      I'm not concerned or angry that the KOP started singing "Were gonna win the league"!  I thought it was awesome. It was one of the greatest KOP moments ever. I loved it. It's not bad luck, or tempting fate. It was just pure emotion of a fanbase who have been waiting 30 years.
      Luck,fate etc,etc.... are just human constructs that are not real. Liverpool are currently on form to the greatest season in club history.  Let's enjoy it. I am and when I heard them singing it gave me chills. It was amazing.
      heimdall
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 13,818 posts | 2724 
      Reply #484: Jan 20, 2020 08:10:35 am
      It was a wonderful win and all but confirmed the league title, especially after Citeh and Leicester dropping more points this weekend.

It was also a great late goal by Mo but its starting to worry me how many chances we are fluffing these days, both Sadio and Mo had at least 3 very scorable chances earlier in the game which  they messed up and sooner or later we'll have a tight game against good opposition where we won't have that number of chances, we must get more clinical in front of goal, its about the only tiny issue we have at the moment.
      Billy1
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 10,638 posts | 1966 
      Reply #485: Jan 20, 2020 08:38:21 am
      It was a wonderful win and all but confirmed the league title, especially after Citeh and Leicester dropping more points this weekend.

It was also a great late goal by Mo but its starting to worry me how many chances we are fluffing these days, both Sadio and Mo had at least 3 very scorable chances earlier in the game which  they messed up and sooner or later we'll have a tight game against good opposition where we won't have that number of chances, we must get more clinical in front of goal, its about the only tiny issue we have at the moment.

Look on the bright side someone is going to get a good hiding one of these days.Personally if we win every match 1-0  till the end of the season there would be no complaints from me.
      brezipool
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 9,452 posts | 1735 
      • Mon the Red Machine !
      Reply #486: Jan 20, 2020 08:41:23 am
      Fantastic win.on another day it could have been 5 or 6 easy.   ;D
      JD
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 39,529 posts | 6887 
      Reply #487: Jan 20, 2020 09:02:55 am
      2-0 flattered United.

Didn't see much wrong with Firmino's goal - looked more like Virgil was penalised for being a big b***ard.

Alisson had a couple straight at him but don't remember us requiring any worldie saves. 

Wolves away will be a more difficult test.  I don't think going 16 points clear has necessarily helped us either in terms of focus for that game.

64 points from 66 is just incredible.  Lost for new superlatives these days.
      David Wright
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 5,233 posts | 752 
      Reply #488: Jan 20, 2020 09:40:00 am
      Man United lucky  to get away with a 2  0 score line. Superb header from Virgil to open the scoring !
      molbys belly
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 1,537 posts | 123 
      Reply #489: Jan 20, 2020 09:53:48 am
      F**k i love when we beat the scum . How good are we like !!!! Long may it continue
      Ynwa
      SM
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 3,583 posts | 400 
      Reply #490: Jan 20, 2020 10:07:09 am
      Am I the only one still not celebrating what should be our title?

We look so powerful but I just want it done!
      alex1995
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 2,185 posts | 165 
      Reply #491: Jan 20, 2020 10:15:01 am
      So happy. I felt that Robertson and TAA were overwhelmed by the pressure.  Salah was again below par. Thankfully, we have VVD and Alisson who outshone everyone. Job's done! :scarf:

Everytime Firmino dropped, it wreaked havoc. What a player. Unlucky that he did not score in Anfield again but he did an awesome job.
      heimdall
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 13,818 posts | 2724 
      Reply #492: Jan 20, 2020 10:18:06 am
      Look on the bright side someone is going to get a good hiding one of these days.Personally if we win every match 1-0  till the end of the season there would be no complaints from me.

I agree with that, the 3 points is of course the most important part and we are such an excellent team at the moment, but its just that precision in final third which could be improved, when we do we'll be destroying teams, absolutely ripping them to shreds.
      7-King Kenny-7
      • Lives on Sesame Street
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 44,014 posts | 5760 
      • You'll Never Walk Alone!
      Reply #493: Jan 20, 2020 11:09:38 am

As long as we get the 3 points that’s the main thing.
      Leicester 9-0 Saints
      Leicester 1-2 Saints.

Two massively different scores but both equal the same amount of points.
      TameImpala
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 2,269 posts | 1216 
      • He's five foot seven, he's football heaven
      Reply #494: Jan 20, 2020 11:14:26 am
      Am I the only one still not celebrating what should be our title?

We look so powerful but I just want it done!

It's a bizarre feeling - It's like waiting for Christmas as a kid. you know it's coming, in some cases, you know exactly what you're going to get, but you've just got to play the long game.

I'm trying to celebrate it as much as I can until that crowning moment, as I said in another thread, I think we're past the point of having any sort of collapse now so I'll be hanging the flags up later on today
      Jimsouse67
      • Forum Legend - Dalglish

• 9,275 posts | 1436 
      Reply #495: Jan 20, 2020 12:06:23 pm
      It's a bizarre feeling - It's like waiting for Christmas as a kid. you know it's coming, in some cases, you know exactly what you're going to get, but you've just got to play the long game.

I'm trying to celebrate it as much as I can until that crowning moment, as I said in another thread, I think we're past the point of having any sort of collapse now so I'll be hanging the flags up later on today
      Got mine at the ready mate,just waiting till we mathematically clinch it.
      Got  two bluenoses  directly opposite me who live next  to each other so  just debating whether to run over in the darkness of night and drape a flag over each of there cars when we do lift number 19.
      TameImpala
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 2,269 posts | 1216 
      Reply #496: Jan 20, 2020 12:15:08 pm
      Got mine at the ready mate,just waiting till we mathematically clinch it.
      Got  two bluenoses  directly opposite me who live next  to each other so  just debating whether to run over in the darkness of night and drape a flag over each of there cars when we do lift number 19.

Ha, great that. We've got a bluenose in the flat directly above us, last for the final my balcony was draped with about 6 or 7 flags, some old ones which I'd had from the previous finals over the last few years, they all just got lashed up to make it look as bold as possible.

Anyway this bitter tw*t must have seen it, and being a blue, any final flags he owned must have well bio-degraded by now, so he hung a singular everton scarf off his balcony - has to go down as one of the most depressing things I've seen in my life. It was swiftly taken down the day after we won it. I was half tempted to go and give the poor c**t a knock in case he'd hung himself with it! :lmao:
      Jimsouse67

• 9,275 posts | 1436 
      Reply #497: Jan 20, 2020 12:24:45 pm
      Ha, great that. We've got a bluenose in the flat directly above us, last for the final my balcony was draped with about 6 or 7 flags, some old ones which I'd had from the previous finals over the last few years, they all just got lashed up to make it look as bold as possible.

Anyway this bitter tw*t must have seen it, and being a blue, any final flags he owned must have well bio-degraded by now, so he hung a singular everton scarf off his balcony - has to go down as one of the most depressing things I've seen in my life. It was swiftly taken down the day after we won it. I was half tempted to go and give the poor c**t a knock in case he'd hung himself with it! :lmao:
      Funny as F**k that mate,if I was an evertonian I wouldn’t be advertising the fact at all,My house was decked out last year for the European cup final & when we won it I didn’t see those two bluenoses over the road for about two weeks,typical bluenoses ,they all crawl back under there rocks.
      TameImpala
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 2,269 posts | 1216 
      Reply #498: Jan 20, 2020 12:30:01 pm
      Funny as f**k that mate,if I was an evertonian I wouldn’t be advertising the fact at all,My house was decked out last year for the European cup final & when we won it I didn’t see those two bluenoses over the road for about two weeks,typical bluenoses ,they all crawl back under there rocks.

Boss mate, I seen pictures on Twitter in the run up to the final of a few of them with Spurs flags hanging up in their windows. Bet the bitter tw*ts were up & out on the ladders like firemen taking them down as soon as that Origi shot hit the back of the net  :lmao:
      shabbadoo
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 29,420 posts | 4581 
      Reply #499: Jan 20, 2020 12:31:21 pm
      I’m surprised VAR never ruled Salah offside for the 2nd goal.. 😂
      Swab
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 13,361 posts | 3462 
      Reply #500: Jan 20, 2020 12:59:23 pm
      2-0 flattered United.

Didn't see much wrong with Firmino's goal - looked more like Virgil was penalised for being a big b***ard.

Alisson had a couple straight at him but don't remember us requiring any worldie saves. 

Wolves away will be a more difficult test.  I don't think going 16 points clear has necessarily helped us either in terms of focus for that game.

A bit of a tangent here, but I think the saves he makes are far harder than they might first appear.
      His positioning, timing, footwork and reading of the play in front of him are impeccable, so he's nearly always in position to make the saves appear easy.

He reminds me a bit of Clemence in that sense.
      People thought Shilton was the better keeper, because he made a lot of acrobatic saves.
      Clemence didn't make as many because he didn't need to; his positioning meant he could make it look easy.
      Jimsouse67

• 9,275 posts | 1436 
      Reply #501: Jan 20, 2020 01:05:26 pm
      I’m surprised VAR never ruled Salah offside for the 2nd goal.. 😂
      If twatkinson was in charge yesterday I imagine he would have tried or at least give mo a straight red for taking his shirt off.
      stuey
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 35,962 posts | 3944 
      Reply #502: Jan 20, 2020 01:13:04 pm
      2-0 flattered United.

Nothing wrong with the challenge, De Gea failed to gather the ball and threw himself down intimating there had been physical contact, the physical aspect dictated Virgil would have the advantage contacting the ball which the goalie could not get a fingertip to.
      Replayed the incident several times and came to the same conclusion, also the manc tactic of mobbing the ref apparently can affect a VAR  decision.
      « Last Edit: Jan 20, 2020 01:17:35 pm by stuey »
      TameImpala
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 2,269 posts | 1216 
      Reply #503: Jan 20, 2020 01:25:59 pm
      Almost made up for f**king up the tap-in earlier in the game

This is the problem Salah has got now - Because of his superstar status & that impeccable first season every mistake he makes is scrutinized under a microscope. Of course he missed a sitter but he then scored a brilliant solo goal to wrap up the game

Mane missed just a big a sitter himself but (rightfully) never got slated for it
      heimdall
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 13,818 posts | 2724 
      Reply #504: Jan 20, 2020 01:39:48 pm
      This is the problem Salah has got now - Because of his superstar status & that impeccable first season every mistake he makes is scrutinized under a microscope. Of course he missed a sitter but he then scored a brilliant solo goal to wrap up the game

Mane missed just a big a sitter himself but (rightfully) never got slated for it

Not so much a microscope as all our forwards are superb but both Sadio and Mo are guilty of being very wasteful in front of goal lately, fortunately for us we have plenty of goal scorers at the moment, but there is a reason why none of our forwards are near the golden boot despite us having a record season as a team.
      shabbadoo
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 29,420 posts | 4581 
      Reply #505: Jan 20, 2020 01:46:54 pm

Quick Reply