Trending Topics

Next match: LFC v Brighton [Premier League] Sun 31st Mar @ 2:00 pm
      Anfield

Today is the 28th of March and on this date LFC's match record is P26 W11 D3 L12

LFC Reds Poll

Q. LFC Man of the Match v Man Utd?

Alisson
      4 (3%)
      Virgil van Dijk
      50 (37.3%)
      Joe Gomez
      0 (0%)
      Trent Alexander-Arnold
      0 (0%)
      Andy Robertson
      0 (0%)
      Alex Oxlade-Chamberlain
      0 (0%)
      Georginio Wijnaldum
      25 (18.7%)
      Jordan Henderson
      51 (38.1%)
      Mohammed Salah
      0 (0%)
      Roberto Firmino
      3 (2.2%)
      Sadio Mane
      0 (0%)
       Fabinho
      0 (0%)
      Adam Lallana
      0 (0%)
      Divock Origi
      1 (0.7%)

Total Members Voted: 132

Voting closed: Jan 23, 2020 06:22:03 pm

Liverpool 2-0 Manchester United: In game and Post Match discussion

Read 26011 times
      stuey
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 35,961 posts | 3943 
      Re: Liverpool 2-0 Manchester United: In game and Post Match discussion
      Reply #506: Jan 20, 2020 01:47:12 pm
      If twatkinson was in charge yesterday I imagine he would have tried or at least give mo a straight red for taking his shirt off.

.....and given a shirty offside decision.
      sms1986
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 1,182 posts | 453 
      Reply #507: Jan 20, 2020 01:56:12 pm
      7-King Kenny-7
      • Lives on Sesame Street
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 44,014 posts | 5760 
      • You'll Never Walk Alone!
      Reply #508: Jan 20, 2020 02:05:53 pm
      Salah missing that chance is nothing new, even in his first season he was missing sitters like that.
      Seems to struggle when it’s put on a plate for him to have an easy finish but yet he will run the length of a half with the ball, weave past players, use his strength to turn to defenders etc before rifling one into the net.

I’ve actually got to the point where I half expect him to miss that kind of chance but then also half expect him to find the net in the most difficult of scenarios.

Never lets it bother him though, keeps on going and just makes him more determined it seems. Was it Salzburg? Missed about 4 glorious chances and then puts one away from the tightest of angles on his right foot.  Seems to be his thing.
      ruthcity
      • Forum Legend - Dalglish

• 6,867 posts | 1465 
      Reply #509: Jan 20, 2020 03:04:47 pm
      Can someone explain Mo's goal and Ali's assist to me? It obviously stood but Mo seemed offside when he received the ball if I'm not wrong.

How do the offside rules work here? Did Ali take a goal kick and hence offside doesn't apply? Any insights will be appreciated. Thanks in advance.
      molbys belly
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 1,537 posts | 123 
      Reply #510: Jan 20, 2020 03:09:45 pm
      Can someone explain Mo's goal and Ali's assist to me? It obviously stood but Mo seemed offside when he received the ball if I'm not wrong.

How do the offside rules work here? Did Ali take a goal kick and hence offside doesn't apply? Any insights will be appreciated. Thanks in advance.

Cant be offside if you are running from your own half when the pass is struck
      heimdall
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 13,818 posts | 2724 
      Reply #511: Jan 20, 2020 03:15:34 pm

Mo was in his own half when the ball was kicked to him and therefore can never be offside, even if De Gea was also in the Liverpool box.
      Roddenberry
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 16,568 posts | 1876 
      Reply #512: Jan 20, 2020 03:29:19 pm

Can't be offside in your own half.
      Harrisimo

• 7,966 posts | 1355 
      Reply #513: Jan 20, 2020 03:44:41 pm
      Can't be offside in your own half.

And great assist by Ali...quick thinking. That'll be the plan now..Mo revving up..corner..Ali grabs it..quick throw or kick..........and....... ....and................M o falls arse over face...can't trust that guy can yer..
      FL Red
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 31,048 posts | 6294 
      Reply #514: Jan 20, 2020 03:46:07 pm
      And great assist by Ali...quick thinking. That'll be the plan now..Mo revving up..corner..Ali grabs it..quick throw or kick..........and....... ....and................M o falls arse over face...can't trust that guy can yer..

It looked like right before Alli took that kick, Mata was flagged offside. I'm surprised the scum didn't complain saying he should have had to spot the ball for a free kick?
      Harrisimo

• 7,966 posts | 1355 
      Reply #515: Jan 20, 2020 03:54:25 pm
      It looked like right before Alli took that kick, Mata was flagged offside. I'm surprised the scum didn't complain saying he should have had to spot the ball for a free kick?

Yeah..VAR come in again and rule the free kick should've been taken...but the ref has to blow his whistle for the game to actually stop..if he had Mancheater U would've had a case..
      king kenny
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 3,111 posts | 441 
      Reply #516: Jan 20, 2020 03:56:14 pm
      We controlled the game from start to finish.   They had a couple of half chances but we could have scored 6 goals with chances to spare.   Another clean sheet that makes 7 in a row in the league and 11 out of the last 12 games, wow.  If anyone can pick holes out of this team then they need their heads checking.  It has been 30 years since the league title and aptly we are 30 points ahead of utd. 

tezmac
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 11,111 posts | 896 
      • F**k the Sun F**k Murdoch F**k the press
      Reply #517: Jan 20, 2020 04:42:09 pm
      Great result hope we can do something against Wolves, come on you mighty reds
      Scottbot

• 9,542 posts | 2135 
      Reply #518: Jan 20, 2020 04:42:48 pm
      I'm not concerned or angry that the KOP started singing "Were gonna win the league"!  I thought it was awesome. It was one of the greatest KOP moments ever. I loved it. It's not bad luck, or tempting fate. It was just pure emotion of a fanbase who have been waiting 30 years.
      Luck,fate etc,etc.... are just human constructs that are not real. Liverpool are currently on form to the greatest season in club history.  Let's enjoy it. I am and when I heard them singing it gave me chills. It was amazing.

I remember singing that bloody song for a full 30 minutes after the match had finished in the away end at Craven Cottage after Yossi Bennayoun scored the injury time winner in 08-09 season. The players couldn’t actually come out to do their warm-down! The big difference now of course is that we are gonna win the bloody thing at last!
      HUYTON RED
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 39,947 posts | 8458 
      Reply #519: Jan 20, 2020 05:29:24 pm

Can tell that F***ing meant something to Salah with that celebration. And Alisson channeling his inner-Pepe.
      HUYTON RED
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 39,947 posts | 8458 
      Reply #520: Jan 20, 2020 05:33:03 pm

At no point did it ever feel tense in the ground, in fact I felt we could of still got out of second gear if we had to.
      HUYTON RED
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 39,947 posts | 8458 
      Reply #521: Jan 20, 2020 05:34:55 pm
      Ole Solskjaer: "I thought we were the better side today, We outplayed them in all departments and created more chances. They should consider themselves lucky!"

:lmao:

Some funny sh*t from that F***ing gnome
      HUYTON RED
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 39,947 posts | 8458 
      Reply #522: Jan 20, 2020 05:43:38 pm
      I'm not concerned or angry that the KOP started singing "Were gonna win the league"!  I thought it was awesome. It was one of the greatest KOP moments ever. I loved it. It's not bad luck, or tempting fate. It was just pure emotion of a fanbase who have been waiting 30 years.
      Luck,fate etc,etc.... are just human constructs that are not real. Liverpool are currently on form to the greatest season in club history.  Let's enjoy it. I am and when I heard them singing it gave me chills. It was amazing.

Everyone has started feeling it now, plus that was aimed square at the 3,000 odd manc dogs in the away end.

Tbf we were all still singing it marching out the kop and I imagine a few blasts in the pubs around the ground as well.

Yesterday felt good!
      Keith Singleton
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 16,662 posts | 2656 
      • Sir Lewis Hamilton
      Reply #523: Jan 20, 2020 05:55:01 pm
      Ole Solskjaer: "I thought we were the better side today, We outplayed them in all departments and created more chances. They should consider themselves lucky!"

:lmao:

Have you got the link/source to this as I haven't seen/read it?
      LazyFingers
      • Forum Ian Callaghan

• 892 posts | 22 
      Reply #524: Jan 20, 2020 06:16:41 pm
      Caught the first half before embarking on a 10,000KM flight. I look at the league table about a dozen times a day, and I’ve been doing such for a good few weeks. Can’t believe the position we’re in, I’d say eight or nine wins and the league is ours. We’ve been waiting a long time, for some us it has been forever. Holy sheet, I’m excited! ALLEZ ALLEZ ALLEZ!
      Scottbot

• 9,542 posts | 2135 
      Reply #525: Jan 20, 2020 09:43:25 pm

It’s a windup mate, nothing in any of the post match quotes to suggest he said it, I suspect a mishchievous scouser was behind it!
      AZPatriot

• 9,944 posts | 1759 
      Reply #526: Jan 20, 2020 09:56:20 pm

I think someone mentioned earlier Keith that this was an un-credible quote.
      GERNS
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 12,208 posts | 1503 
      Reply #527: Jan 20, 2020 10:00:56 pm
      A bit of a tangent here, but I think the saves he makes are far harder than they might first appear.
      His positioning, timing, footwork and reading of the play in front of him are impeccable, so he's nearly always in position to make the saves appear easy.

He reminds me a bit of Clemence in that sense.
      People thought Shilton was the better keeper, because he made a lot of acrobatic saves.
      Clemence didn't make as many because he didn't need to; his positioning meant he could make it look easy.

And Clem wasn’t  licking Bobby Robsons arse hole either !
      GERNS
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 12,208 posts | 1503 
      Reply #528: Jan 20, 2020 10:10:24 pm

You can’t be off side in your own half, which mo was when Alison released the ball. Simples 😁

Quick Reply