Trending Topics

Next match: LFC v Brighton [Premier League] Sun 31st Mar @ 2:00 pm
      Anfield

Today is the 28th of March and on this date LFC's match record is P26 W11 D3 L12

LFC Reds Poll

Q. LFC Man of the Match v Man Utd?

Alisson
      4 (3%)
      Virgil van Dijk
      50 (37.3%)
      Joe Gomez
      0 (0%)
      Trent Alexander-Arnold
      0 (0%)
      Andy Robertson
      0 (0%)
      Alex Oxlade-Chamberlain
      0 (0%)
      Georginio Wijnaldum
      25 (18.7%)
      Jordan Henderson
      51 (38.1%)
      Mohammed Salah
      0 (0%)
      Roberto Firmino
      3 (2.2%)
      Sadio Mane
      0 (0%)
       Fabinho
      0 (0%)
      Adam Lallana
      0 (0%)
      Divock Origi
      1 (0.7%)

Total Members Voted: 132

Voting closed: Jan 23, 2020 06:22:03 pm

Liverpool 2-0 Manchester United: In game and Post Match discussion

Read 26019 times
      verde-rubro
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 1,952 posts | 217 
      Re: Liverpool 2-0 Manchester United: In game and Post Match discussion
      Reply #529: Jan 20, 2020 10:18:17 pm
      Robby The Z
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 9,034 posts | 2690 
      Reply #530: Jan 20, 2020 11:11:44 pm
      You can’t be off side in your own half, which mo was when Alison released the ball. Simples 😁

Think our friend is winding us up.
      ozi_wozzy
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 2,552 posts | 304 
      Reply #531: Jan 21, 2020 01:02:23 pm
      Nothing wrong with the challenge, De Gea failed to gather the ball and threw himself down intimating there had been physical contact, the physical aspect dictated Virgil would have the advantage contacting the ball which the goalie could not get a fingertip to.Replayed the incident several times and came to the same conclusion, also the manc tactic of mobbing the ref apparently can affect a VAR  decision.

Nothing wrong with challenge at all indeed. Rules state it's a foul if you jump into the keeper with arms leading. Virgil jumped using arms as natural leverage, and immediately puts his arms down before contact with De Gea. He was fully entitled to go for that ball as well. Was shocked it was ruled foul even after VAR.

But how scummy were the Utd players with their reaction? They truly got away with "only" a 2-0 loss.
      sms1986
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 1,182 posts | 453 
      Reply #532: Jan 21, 2020 01:39:47 pm
      Nothing wrong with challenge at all indeed. Rules state it's a foul if you jump into the keeper with arms leading. Virgil jumped using arms as natural leverage, and immediately puts his arms down before contact with De Gea. He was fully entitled to go for that ball as well. Was shocked it was ruled foul even after VAR.

But how scummy were the Utd players with their reaction? They truly got away with "only" a 2-0 loss.

They're getting charged for that - https://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/51189309  ;D
      heimdall
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 13,818 posts | 2724 
      Reply #533: Jan 21, 2020 01:50:41 pm

I think the behaviour of players towards the ref in all games is disgraceful, I can't think of any other sport where players get away with telling a referee to f**k off and calling their decisions bullshit. Its actually one thing I've noticed with Hendo which I don't like, he's constantly swearing and arguing with the ref, it shows a lack of respect and is a terrible example for kids.

Its beyond me why Refs don't implement a zero tolerance policy on this, similar to Rugby and most other sports.
      Swab
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 13,361 posts | 3462 
      Reply #534: Jan 21, 2020 02:14:17 pm

I wasn't shocked.
      It was entirely par for the course.
      Not allowed to even go near the 'keeper these days.

Keepers; usually the biggest bloke on the pitch, allowed to use their hands, and raise their knee to go through players, they also get the most protection.
      It's F***ing ridiculous.

I'm not advocating a return to the "put the keeper in the net along with the ball" old school sh*t, I'm just saying that a bit of common sense should be applied, especially when you see the amount of wrestling that goes on at a set piece.
      Jimsouse67
      • Forum Legend - Dalglish

• 9,275 posts | 1436 
      Reply #535: Jan 21, 2020 02:34:55 pm

Exactly,Nothing wrong with it all,in the simplest terms it was a 50/50 ball and Virgil won the ball the goal should have stood.
      Robby The Z
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 9,034 posts | 2690 
      Reply #536: Jan 21, 2020 02:43:03 pm

Glad to see this, although I doubt it comes to anything since it's not us.

I think it was Arlo White on American commentary (huge Man U fan) who said something like since the call was overturned it was OK what they did. Wonderful logic, that.  :roll:
      Boston not la
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 3,564 posts | 766 
      Reply #537: Jan 21, 2020 04:33:47 pm

I think it was Arlo White on American commentary (huge Man U fan) who said something like since the call was overturned it was OK what they did. Wonderful logic, that.  :roll:

Arlo White is Leicester mate.Always found him a good commentator and more than fair.I think the spanish lads went with the no falta call.
      glennusmc
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 5,638 posts | 449 
      Reply #538: Jan 21, 2020 04:52:51 pm

Arlo White is Leicester mate.Always found him a good commentator and more than fair.I think the spanish lads went with the no falta call.

Arlo is an incredible commentator in my opinion. The LFC EFC March last season with Origi’s game winner was an epic one by him
      fields of anny rd
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 17,663 posts | 1961 
      Reply #539: Jan 21, 2020 05:01:01 pm
      Clean sheets have started totting up now too, a great habit to have got ourselves in to at this point of the season.

Wolves next and we have to respect them, but just a suggestion recently that the amount if games they are playing is starting to take its toll.

We dont need to win this and I would like to at least keep the points ticking along. Of course we go there to win but I wouldn't be sending the keeper up if it were 0-0 after 90.
      Robby The Z
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 9,034 posts | 2690 
      Reply #540: Jan 21, 2020 05:11:03 pm

I've always noticed him name dropping United . Ok. Sorry, Arlo.
      HUYTON RED
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 39,947 posts | 8458 
      Reply #541: Jan 21, 2020 05:20:58 pm

It's been perfectly fine for them tw*ts to do it for at least the last 20 years. Ferguson literally encouraged it. Thank F**k the FA have finally found a spine.
      Keith Singleton
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 16,662 posts | 2656 
      • Sir Lewis Hamilton
      Reply #542: Jan 21, 2020 06:56:45 pm

Thanks to you and  AZPatriot. I knew Ole was thick but didn't think he could be that biased.  :lmao:
      tezmac
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 11,111 posts | 896 
      • F**k the Sun F**k Murdoch F**k the press
      Reply #543: Jan 21, 2020 07:30:39 pm
      It's been perfectly fine for them tw*ts to do it for at least the last 20 years. Ferguson literally encouraged it. Thank f**k the FA have finally found a spine.

Not before time, they have got away with it for years
      Robby The Z
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 9,034 posts | 2690 
      Reply #544: Jan 22, 2020 04:08:45 am
      A few things,

I watched OGS interview and it doesn't sound like that quote from earlier is legitimate. He credited his team for some things but he doesn't say they dominated and he also gave Liverpool a lot of praise.

Keith.
      Boston not la
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 3,564 posts | 766 
      Reply #545: Jan 25, 2020 05:19:35 pm

20,000 fine,https://www.bbc.com/sport/football/51236270.That'll teach em a lesson they won't soon forget.
      sms1986
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 1,182 posts | 453 
      Reply #546: Jan 25, 2020 05:25:07 pm

20,000 fine,https://www.bbc.com/sport/football/51236270.That'll teach em a lesson they won't soon forget.

That seems to be the default fine for surrounding the referee, Chelsea and Hull got similar fines.
      Robby The Z
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 9,034 posts | 2690 
      Reply #547: Jan 25, 2020 05:33:18 pm
      lfc across the water
      • Needs a Klopp hug...Rafa's Number 1 fan...VAR has no faults Promoter
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 3,833 posts | 701 
      Reply #548: Jan 25, 2020 08:37:25 pm
      Before the game, the media were telling us this was going to be a difficult game, by reminding us what and why the score was in the last game. They forgot of course that This Is Anfield, and this was going to be a different sort of game.

We didn't score early on, so apparently that meant that they started "well". Always amazes me why people think that if you haven't gone ahead early on that you haven't played well, games last 90 minutes after all. There's no reason to panic, the chances will come. Once the first goal went in, the chances piled up as their flimsy gameplan crumbled for everyone to see. Apparently their keeper was fouled by VVD, but I cannot see a foul no matter how often I see the replays. Some refs say it was, others say it wasn't. Pawson really should have gone to the monitor to look at the incident himself, so that he has seen everything he needs to see to make a decision either way. However, LFCTV insisted throughout the game that we had 2 goals ruled out by VAR, which was clearly wrong. The second one was ruled out on the pitch, and that should be acknowledged. Under the old system the second one would still be ruled out.

We battered them in the second half but couldn't wrap the game up, and had to sweat it out the last 15 minutes. But the second goal put a more respectable look on the scoreline. It's the first time we've beaten them at home in consecutive seasons since 2011, but it was well worth the long wait. As before the game, the media talk after it was all about the mancs, when it finally hit them that the only thing we do at Anfield these days is WIN.
      7-King Kenny-7
      • Lives on Sesame Street
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 44,014 posts | 5760 
      • You'll Never Walk Alone!
      Reply #549: Jan 25, 2020 09:42:49 pm
      Keep seeing Mancs saying how the game would have been a lot different if Perriera had scored that first half chance and if Martial took his...

Chances that came after we had a goal wrongly ruled out, hit the post, missed a tap in and countless other chances.

Whatever helps them cope I guess. Yes they should have had a goal by half time, but we should have had about 4 and then another 4 before the Martial chance.
      Dadorious
      • Forum Legend - Dalglish

• 9,882 posts | 1545 
      Reply #550: Jan 25, 2020 10:10:45 pm
      Keep seeing Mancs saying how the game would have been a lot different if Perriera had scored that first half chance and if Martial took his...

Chances that came after we had a goal wrongly ruled out, hit the post, missed a tap in and countless other chances.

Whatever helps them cope I guess. Yes they should have had a goal by half time, but we should have had about 4 and then another 4 before the Martial chance.
      I’ve seen the match twice now and highlights multiple times what nobody is seeing is that Bissaka is offside when he crosses it wouldn’t have counted anyway.
      GERNS
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 12,208 posts | 1503 
      Reply #551: Jan 25, 2020 11:10:10 pm
      See they are gonna protest st a game to call for the glazers to sell up. Do they really expect that to make an impact. tw*ts.
      Why do they, and loads of pundits seem to think they have a god given right to be in the top 4 in the prem.
      That has to be earned you fuckwits, it’s not a perceived right !
      I remember seeing all sorts of eejits wearing utd scarfs when they won the top div after 27 years of trying,
      Prior to that, I never saw more than two in my town for years and years.
      You know what ! The fuckers have all crawled back under their rocks again. Not a scarf or shirt to be seen anywhere
      Win lose or draw, there’s always lots of reds shirts, quite a few Chelsea, a few city, and a sprinkling of hammers, bar codes, spuds.
      Utd seem to be the most shallow pathetic supporters ever. And the tw*ts who now won’t wear their Utd shits etc. any more, think we don’t know who they are 😂😂😂
      They really are a F***ing weird bunch. Gotta be the worst supporters ever.

Quick Reply