Trending Topics

Next match: LFC v Brighton [Premier League] Sun 31st Mar @ 2:00 pm
      Anfield

Today is the 19th of March and on this date LFC's match record is P21 W11 D8 L2

If we are really GONNA WIN THE LEAGUE then how does it happen for you?

Read 13713 times
      what-a-hit-son
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • Started Topic
      • 16,465 posts | 4815 
      • t: @MrPrice1979 i: @klmprice101518
      If we are really GONNA WIN THE LEAGUE then how does it happen for you?
      Jan 20, 2020 10:43:29 am
      For a bit of fun, which is important to state.

Now, I'm not saying we are going to win the league because that would be jumping the gun (but we f**king are) but IF we were to win it, how do we win yours?

So, it's the game that clinches the title for us if we get three points but where it happens and who we are playing is up to you.

But we could wrap it up very early the way we are going so to add drama and a bit of theatre the only condition is this; we are a goal down and there is 89 minutes on the clock. You have to choose who gets to score the equaliser in the 90th minute and who then gets to score the 94th minute winner that seals the title for us. Last kick of the game type sh*t.

Be careful, though, as (I think) if we win our next nine games and city match that then we can clinch it at the Etihad on 4th April. So, if you're choosing a game after that game then you're assuming that we have dropped points and City are flying.

Personally, I want it to happen at Anfield and to be even more greedy I don't want us to lose a game so Id like City to lose again and us to clinch it against Palace at Anfield so there's a f**king great big carnival atmosphere running up to the game that carries on into a massive party and piss up on the night. Oh and then next game at City they can then  give us the guard of honour.

So for me.

Venue: Anfield. For us all.
      90th minute equaliser: Bobby Firmino. I think the lad deserves his massive moment.
      94th minute winner to clinch number 19: Jordan Henderson. Who else? Would love to see him smash the winner in at The Kop end and then lift it at Anfield.

Here's our remaining league fixtures:

January

Thu 23rd - Wolverhampton Wanderers (away)

Wed 29th - West Ham United (away)

February

Sat 1st - Southampton (home)

Sat 15th - Norwich City (away)

Mon 24th - West Ham United (home)

Sat 29th - Watford (away)

March

Sat 7th - Bournemouth (home)

Sat 14th - Everton (away)

Sat 21st - Crystal Palace (home)

April

Sat 4th - Manchester City (away)

Sat 11th - Aston Villa (home)

Sat 18th - Brighton & Hove Albion (away)

Sat 25th - Burnley (home)

May

Sat 2nd Arsenal (away)

Sat 9th - Chelsea (home)

Sun 17th - Newcastle United (away)
      « Last Edit: Feb 04, 2020 01:36:48 pm by JD »
      TameImpala
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 2,269 posts | 1216 
      • He's five foot seven, he's football heaven
      Re: If we are really "GONNA WIN THE LEAGUE" then how does it happen for you?
      Reply #1: Jan 20, 2020 10:56:16 am
      Would be amazing if it was Villa at home. I think judging by the date it's going to be the Hillsborough memorial game with it only being a few days before the 15th. To win it on that day would be absolutely incredible & I couldn't think of a better tribute

That being said, it would involve us dropping a few points which would be pretty weird so I couldn't really get behind that

Just hope we win it on the pitch (hopefully Anfield!), as opposed to winning it by City dropping points at home on a Monday night or something
      DanMann
      • Forum Legend - Dalglish

• 5,634 posts | 866 
      Reply #2: Jan 20, 2020 11:21:22 am
      Would be amazing if it was Villa at home.

Yes. Cue Reina running over to join the celebrations of our lads having scored in his net to win the title.

:lmao:
      TameImpala
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 2,269 posts | 1216 
      Reply #3: Jan 20, 2020 11:23:34 am
      Yes. Cue Reina running over to join the celebrations of our lads having scored in his net to win the title.

:lmao:

Didn't even think of that!

Him & Alisson having a race to the Kop  :lmao:
      QuicoGalante
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 2,509 posts | 120 
      • Uruguay 2030
      Reply #4: Jan 20, 2020 12:00:10 pm
      April 4th, at City
      FATKOPITE10
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 14,333 posts | 3360 
      • Liverpool fc give me tourettes
      Reply #5: Jan 20, 2020 12:07:08 pm
      Shhhhh
      brezipool
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 9,434 posts | 1731 
      • Mon the Red Machine !
      Reply #6: Jan 20, 2020 12:56:50 pm
      Will be over Everton away in March.

City have caved as have Leicester, they will keep dropping points, and we will keep winning.
      verde-rubro
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 1,951 posts | 217 
      Reply #7: Jan 20, 2020 01:00:56 pm
      Win it at home to palace then go to city the next game as champs and get a guard of honour from those plastic cvnts
      Robby The Z
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 9,034 posts | 2690 
      Reply #8: Jan 20, 2020 01:03:09 pm
      This reminds me it will be more difficult than ever for our team to stay focused. We as supporters are truly letting our guard down (no criticism here, I totally understand the excitement). We're so far ahead it almost would be harder to not win than to win at this point, but keeping on this record-breaking pace will take even more mental strength for the rest of the season.

what-a-hit-son
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • Started Topic
      • 16,465 posts | 4815 
      • t: @MrPrice1979 i: @klmprice101518
      Reply #9: Jan 20, 2020 01:16:53 pm

I'd rather the players and fans shared the moment at Anfield. And what a night in Liverpool it'd be.
      JD
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 39,528 posts | 6887 
      Reply #10: Jan 20, 2020 01:29:24 pm
      The way we are playing, and the way City are playing (and the fact they've got a more difficult run in) then I'd be surprised if it wasn't done in March.

My gut feeling is that it could well be the derby game which wouldn't be a bad factor because at least its local.

I'd rather we didn't win it like Leicester did, through someone else's result - but I'm sure we're going to be lashed on every Sunday in March by Sky TV so there's a very good chance that could end up happening.
      7-King Kenny-7
      • Lives on Sesame Street
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 44,014 posts | 5760 
      • You'll Never Walk Alone!
      Reply #11: Jan 20, 2020 01:32:04 pm
      Too optimistic to say the home game vs Bournemouth in early March?
      sms1986
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 1,182 posts | 453 
      Reply #12: Jan 20, 2020 01:37:44 pm
      I think Trent (as a Scouser) scoring the winner in the Villa game would be a good way to win it. I think it'll be done before then, though.

JD
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 39,528 posts | 6887 
      Reply #13: Jan 20, 2020 01:38:50 pm

Only if we were to continue winning every game would that be possible.  Next two away games do have danger attached to them IMO. 

I'm not an expert in sports psychology but we're playing under virtually no pressure now.  Whether that makes it more likely that we will beat Wolves and West Ham or not I couldn't tell you.  Even this magnificent reds team is due a draw though at some point.

I think Bournemouth is a push just because I don't 'think' we'll win every game until then.
      TameImpala
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 2,269 posts | 1216 
      Reply #14: Jan 20, 2020 01:42:52 pm

Possible scenario is City losing away to Spurs and then away to United. We play Bournemouth on the same weekend they're way at United. So providing we don't drop any points, and the TV companies schedule our game to be played after theirs we should (I think) win the title against Bournemouth

Although if the above result scenario plays out and City play after us on the Bournemouth weekend - United could potentially hand us the title by beating City  :lmao:
      heimdall
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 13,818 posts | 2724 
      Reply #15: Jan 20, 2020 01:46:04 pm
      I honestly don't care how we win it, I just can't wait for it to me mathematically certain and #19 to be ours.

Winning it at Everton or City would be the cherry on top of the cake with a Henderson screamer into the top corner in the final few seconds. :-)
      TameImpala
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 2,269 posts | 1216 
      Reply #16: Jan 20, 2020 01:49:19 pm
      Only if we were to continue winning every game would that be possible.  Next two away games do have danger attached to them IMO. 

I'm not an expert in sports psychology but we're playing under virtually no pressure now.  Whether that makes it more likely that we will beat Wolves and West Ham or not I couldn't tell you.  Even this magnificent reds team is due a draw though at some point.

I think Bournemouth is a push just because I don't 'think' we'll win every game until then.

That's what I couldn't understand about the build up to the game yesterday. All week the pundits were saying how the pressure was off United & how we had the most to lose from the game. The league has been basically sewn up for quite a while now, whereas United are desperate for wins so that they can make the top four, or otherwise risk losing out on millions. It won't be Klopp who could be losing his job in the summer, Solskjaer needs wins & united need to break into that top four. For people to say the pressure was off them & on us yesterday was baffling
      « Last Edit: Jan 20, 2020 01:53:41 pm by TameImpala »
      dunlop liddell shankly
      • 2009 LFC quiz champion (now to be known as "Kate")
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 20,948 posts | 3330 
      Reply #17: Jan 20, 2020 03:10:11 pm
      Leicester and City play each other on the 22nd Feb, so there's more dropped points by at least one them. We'll of played our game in hand by that point (though we'll still have a game in hand because we play on the Monday that weekend - both against West Ham), so we could of extended our lead by a further three points again.

So come the final whistle after the second game against West Ham on 24th Feb - we could be on 79 points, City on a maximum of 60, Leicester a maximum of 57 (both points tally not available of course)

So we could be 22 points clear of both come full time against West Ham, should Leicester win that game at Filbert St - especially as City have Madrid the following Wednesday. 22 points clear, with only 33 left to play. Win our next five and we've got a 20 point minimum lead.

That looks, to me, that March will certainly see us win the League - before we go to Maine Rd. I'd love to do it against Everton because I hate those cu*ts and it would crucify them but I get the notion of doing it at Anfield. It'd be somewhat symbolic if we did it against Palace. Our old manager in one dugout against our current manager to show just how far we've progressed since Hodgson's brief spell in charge and because everybody says it was Palace who cost us the League under Rodgers.

So I'm picking the Palace game. Equaliser scored by Robbo because I just F***ing love that man's passion. He strikes me as the only player who plays at the same intensity in a match against Wycombe to how he would against Barcelona. And the winner with the last kick of the game from our go-to hero Divock Origi. He scores massively important goals and what could be more important than a League winning goal? The ground going wild and Divock just being the coolest man in the world.
      higgy_sham
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 3,260 posts | 795 
      Reply #18: Jan 20, 2020 03:23:09 pm
      Would love it to be at home to Villa, due to the fact I'm over in Liverpool that weekend.

But genuinely don't care as long as it's sewn up, been waiting since I was 1 for this moment and will be going absolutely nuts wherever I am.
      Harrisimo

• 7,946 posts | 1353 
      Reply #19: Jan 20, 2020 03:36:28 pm
      It's bizarre isn't it that we are already maping out the celebration and there's only just over half the season gone. Hard to get yer head round it in a sense. Don't want to tempt fate...disrespect Mr.Fate and he'll bite yer on the arse although in this situation Mr. Fate would have to turn us into an 7 course banquet and we'd still have points to spare..
      FL Red
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 31,036 posts | 6285 
      Reply #20: Jan 20, 2020 03:42:43 pm
      For the benefit of the Scousers it should be at Anfield. But to be honest, there's a pretty big part of me that would love to see us clinch it against City, at the Emptihad.

Hendo to get the equalizer and Milner to score the one that wins it just to rub it in that his history with City was just a stop off to his time with us.
      Harrisimo

• 7,946 posts | 1353 
      Reply #21: Jan 20, 2020 04:05:43 pm
      For the benefit of the Scousers it should be at Anfield. But to be honest, there's a pretty big part of me that would love to see us clinch it against City, at the Emptihad.

Hendo to get the equalizer and Milner to score the one that wins it just to rub it in that his history with City was just a stop off to his time with us.

We go to City 16 points clear...beat them 14-0...that puts us 19 points clear both have 6 games to go (18pts left)...might happen..
      Boston not la
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 3,564 posts | 766 
      Reply #22: Jan 20, 2020 04:16:34 pm
      Are there any rules about starting the same thread on two Liverpool forums?  ;) hi mactavish. xxxxx:action-smiley-065:

Quick Reply