Trending Topics

Next match: LFC v West Ham [Premier League] Mon 24th Feb @ 8:00 pm - Pre Match Topic
      Anfield

Today is the 23rd of February and on this date LFC's match record is P20 W7 D9 L4

If we are really GONNA WIN THE LEAGUE then how does it happen for you?

Read 3047 times
      what-a-hit-son
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • Started Topic
      • 14,550 posts | 3571 
      • @MrPrice1979
      If we are really GONNA WIN THE LEAGUE then how does it happen for you?
      Jan 20, 2020 10:43:29 am
      For a bit of fun, which is important to state.

Now, I'm not saying we are going to win the league because that would be jumping the gun (but we f**king are) but IF we were to win it, how do we win yours?

So, it's the game that clinches the title for us if we get three points but where it happens and who we are playing is up to you.

But we could wrap it up very early the way we are going so to add drama and a bit of theatre the only condition is this; we are a goal down and there is 89 minutes on the clock. You have to choose who gets to score the equaliser in the 90th minute and who then gets to score the 94th minute winner that seals the title for us. Last kick of the game type sh*t.

Be careful, though, as (I think) if we win our next nine games and city match that then we can clinch it at the Etihad on 4th April. So, if you're choosing a game after that game then you're assuming that we have dropped points and City are flying.

Personally, I want it to happen at Anfield and to be even more greedy I don't want us to lose a game so Id like City to lose again and us to clinch it against Palace at Anfield so there's a f**king great big carnival atmosphere running up to the game that carries on into a massive party and piss up on the night. Oh and then next game at City they can then  give us the guard of honour.

So for me.

Venue: Anfield. For us all.
      90th minute equaliser: Bobby Firmino. I think the lad deserves his massive moment.
      94th minute winner to clinch number 19: Jordan Henderson. Who else? Would love to see him smash the winner in at The Kop end and then lift it at Anfield.

Here's our remaining league fixtures:

January

Thu 23rd - Wolverhampton Wanderers (away)

Wed 29th - West Ham United (away)

February

Sat 1st - Southampton (home)

Sat 15th - Norwich City (away)

Mon 24th - West Ham United (home)

Sat 29th - Watford (away)

March

Sat 7th - Bournemouth (home)

Sat 14th - Everton (away)

Sat 21st - Crystal Palace (home)

April

Sat 4th - Manchester City (away)

Sat 11th - Aston Villa (home)

Sat 18th - Brighton & Hove Albion (away)

Sat 25th - Burnley (home)

May

Sat 2nd Arsenal (away)

Sat 9th - Chelsea (home)

Sun 17th - Newcastle United (away)
      « Last Edit: Feb 04, 2020 01:36:48 pm by JD »
      TameImpala
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 606 posts | 383 
      Re: If we are really "GONNA WIN THE LEAGUE" then how does it happen for you?
      Reply #1: Jan 20, 2020 10:56:16 am
      Would be amazing if it was Villa at home. I think judging by the date it's going to be the Hillsborough memorial game with it only being a few days before the 15th. To win it on that day would be absolutely incredible & I couldn't think of a better tribute

That being said, it would involve us dropping a few points which would be pretty weird so I couldn't really get behind that

Just hope we win it on the pitch (hopefully Anfield!), as opposed to winning it by City dropping points at home on a Monday night or something
      DanMann
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 4,225 posts | 568 
      Reply #2: Jan 20, 2020 11:21:22 am
      Would be amazing if it was Villa at home.

Yes. Cue Reina running over to join the celebrations of our lads having scored in his net to win the title.

:lmao:
      TameImpala
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 606 posts | 383 
      Reply #3: Jan 20, 2020 11:23:34 am
      Yes. Cue Reina running over to join the celebrations of our lads having scored in his net to win the title.

Didn't even think of that!

Him & Alisson having a race to the Kop  :lmao:
      QuicoGalante
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 2,509 posts | 120 
      • Uruguay 2030
      Reply #4: Jan 20, 2020 12:00:10 pm
      April 4th, at City
      FATKOPITE10
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 11,087 posts | 2087 
      • Liverpool fc give me tourettes
      Reply #5: Jan 20, 2020 12:07:08 pm
      Shhhhh
      brezipool
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 4,360 posts | 333 
      • COME ON THE REDMEN !
      Reply #6: Jan 20, 2020 12:56:50 pm
      Will be over Everton away in March.

City have caved as have Leicester, they will keep dropping points, and we will keep winning.
      verde-rubro
      • Forum Ian Callaghan

• 913 posts | 77 
      Reply #7: Jan 20, 2020 01:00:56 pm
      Win it at home to palace then go to city the next game as champs and get a guard of honour from those plastic cvnts
      Robby The Z
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 5,245 posts | 1293 
      Reply #8: Jan 20, 2020 01:03:09 pm
      This reminds me it will be more difficult than ever for our team to stay focused. We as supporters are truly letting our guard down (no criticism here, I totally understand the excitement). We're so far ahead it almost would be harder to not win than to win at this point, but keeping on this record-breaking pace will take even more mental strength for the rest of the season.

what-a-hit-son
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • Started Topic
      • 14,550 posts | 3571 
      • @MrPrice1979
      Reply #9: Jan 20, 2020 01:16:53 pm

I'd rather the players and fans shared the moment at Anfield. And what a night in Liverpool it'd be.
      JD
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 35,283 posts | 4554 
      Reply #10: Jan 20, 2020 01:29:24 pm
      The way we are playing, and the way City are playing (and the fact they've got a more difficult run in) then I'd be surprised if it wasn't done in March.

My gut feeling is that it could well be the derby game which wouldn't be a bad factor because at least its local.

I'd rather we didn't win it like Leicester did, through someone else's result - but I'm sure we're going to be lashed on every Sunday in March by Sky TV so there's a very good chance that could end up happening.
      7-King Kenny-7
      • Lives on Sesame Street
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 40,761 posts | 4186 
      • You'll Never Walk Alone!
      Reply #11: Jan 20, 2020 01:32:04 pm
      Too optimistic to say the home game vs Bournemouth in early March?
      sms1986
      • Forum Phil Thompson

• 481 posts | 183 
      Reply #12: Jan 20, 2020 01:37:44 pm
      I think Trent (as a Scouser) scoring the winner in the Villa game would be a good way to win it. I think it'll be done before then, though.

JD
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 35,283 posts | 4554 
      Reply #13: Jan 20, 2020 01:38:50 pm

Only if we were to continue winning every game would that be possible.  Next two away games do have danger attached to them IMO. 

I'm not an expert in sports psychology but we're playing under virtually no pressure now.  Whether that makes it more likely that we will beat Wolves and West Ham or not I couldn't tell you.  Even this magnificent reds team is due a draw though at some point.

I think Bournemouth is a push just because I don't 'think' we'll win every game until then.
      TameImpala
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 606 posts | 383 
      Reply #14: Jan 20, 2020 01:42:52 pm

Possible scenario is City losing away to Spurs and then away to United. We play Bournemouth on the same weekend they're way at United. So providing we don't drop any points, and the TV companies schedule our game to be played after theirs we should (I think) win the title against Bournemouth

Although if the above result scenario plays out and City play after us on the Bournemouth weekend - United could potentially hand us the title by beating City  :lmao:
      heimdall
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 10,364 posts | 2203 
      Reply #15: Jan 20, 2020 01:46:04 pm
      I honestly don't care how we win it, I just can't wait for it to me mathematically certain and #19 to be ours.

Winning it at Everton or City would be the cherry on top of the cake with a Henderson screamer into the top corner in the final few seconds. :-)
      TameImpala
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 606 posts | 383 
      Reply #16: Jan 20, 2020 01:49:19 pm
      Only if we were to continue winning every game would that be possible.  Next two away games do have danger attached to them IMO. 

I'm not an expert in sports psychology but we're playing under virtually no pressure now.  Whether that makes it more likely that we will beat Wolves and West Ham or not I couldn't tell you.  Even this magnificent reds team is due a draw though at some point.

I think Bournemouth is a push just because I don't 'think' we'll win every game until then.

That's what I couldn't understand about the build up to the game yesterday. All week the pundits were saying how the pressure was off United & how we had the most to lose from the game. The league has been basically sewn up for quite a while now, whereas United are desperate for wins so that they can make the top four, or otherwise risk losing out on millions. It won't be Klopp who could be losing his job in the summer, Solskjaer needs wins & united need to break into that top four. For people to say the pressure was off them & on us yesterday was baffling
      « Last Edit: Jan 20, 2020 01:53:41 pm by TameImpala »
      dunlop liddell shankly
      • 2009 LFC quiz champion (now to be known as "Kate")
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 18,043 posts | 2002 
      Reply #17: Jan 20, 2020 03:10:11 pm
      Leicester and City play each other on the 22nd Feb, so there's more dropped points by at least one them. We'll of played our game in hand by that point (though we'll still have a game in hand because we play on the Monday that weekend - both against West Ham), so we could of extended our lead by a further three points again.

So come the final whistle after the second game against West Ham on 24th Feb - we could be on 79 points, City on a maximum of 60, Leicester a maximum of 57 (both points tally not available of course)

So we could be 22 points clear of both come full time against West Ham, should Leicester win that game at Filbert St - especially as City have Madrid the following Wednesday. 22 points clear, with only 33 left to play. Win our next five and we've got a 20 point minimum lead.

That looks, to me, that March will certainly see us win the League - before we go to Maine Rd. I'd love to do it against Everton because I hate those cu*ts and it would crucify them but I get the notion of doing it at Anfield. It'd be somewhat symbolic if we did it against Palace. Our old manager in one dugout against our current manager to show just how far we've progressed since Hodgson's brief spell in charge and because everybody says it was Palace who cost us the League under Rodgers.

So I'm picking the Palace game. Equaliser scored by Robbo because I just f**king love that man's passion. He strikes me as the only player who plays at the same intensity in a match against Wycombe to how he would against Barcelona. And the winner with the last kick of the game from our go-to hero Divock Origi. He scores massively important goals and what could be more important than a League winning goal? The ground going wild and Divock just being the coolest man in the world.
      higgy_sham
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 2,545 posts | 462 
      Reply #18: Jan 20, 2020 03:23:09 pm
      Would love it to be at home to Villa, due to the fact I'm over in Liverpool that weekend.

But genuinely don't care as long as it's sewn up, been waiting since I was 1 for this moment and will be going absolutely nuts wherever I am.
      Harrisimo
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 3,796 posts | 563 
      Reply #19: Jan 20, 2020 03:36:28 pm
      It's bizarre isn't it that we are already maping out the celebration and there's only just over half the season gone. Hard to get yer head round it in a sense. Don't want to tempt fate...disrespect Mr.Fate and he'll bite yer on the arse although in this situation Mr. Fate would have to turn us into an 7 course banquet and we'd still have points to spare..
      FL Red
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 24,131 posts | 3546 
      Reply #20: Jan 20, 2020 03:42:43 pm
      For the benefit of the Scousers it should be at Anfield. But to be honest, there's a pretty big part of me that would love to see us clinch it against City, at the Emptihad.

Hendo to get the equalizer and Milner to score the one that wins it just to rub it in that his history with City was just a stop off to his time with us.
      Harrisimo
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 3,796 posts | 563 
      Reply #21: Jan 20, 2020 04:05:43 pm
      For the benefit of the Scousers it should be at Anfield. But to be honest, there's a pretty big part of me that would love to see us clinch it against City, at the Emptihad.

Hendo to get the equalizer and Milner to score the one that wins it just to rub it in that his history with City was just a stop off to his time with us.

We go to City 16 points clear...beat them 14-0...that puts us 19 points clear both have 6 games to go (18pts left)...might happen..
      Boston not la
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 2,902 posts | 623 
      Reply #22: Jan 20, 2020 04:16:34 pm
      Are there any rules about starting the same thread on two Liverpool forums?  ;) hi mactavish. xxxxx:action-smiley-065:
      what-a-hit-son
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • Started Topic
      • 14,550 posts | 3571 
      • @MrPrice1979
      Reply #23: Jan 20, 2020 04:40:26 pm
      Are there any rules about starting the same thread on two Liverpool forums?  ;) hi mactavish. xxxxx:action-smiley-065:

Heyyy. Lot nicer around here, though.
      JD
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 35,283 posts | 4554 
      Reply #24: Jan 20, 2020 04:43:40 pm
      Nobody fancy us throwing loads of draws in so we can do it v Chelsea at home.....

:blush:
      clint_call01
      • King Live Match Starter
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 9,353 posts | 2333 
      • Ynwa... lfc till I die !
      Reply #25: Jan 20, 2020 05:01:45 pm
      Winning the next 10 in a row and we will win it at Etihad.
      HUYTON RED
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 30,045 posts | 4115 
      Reply #26: Jan 20, 2020 05:24:16 pm
      We won't actually win it, City will blow a game basically handing us the title and allowing us to party from mid April onwards ;)
      HUYTON RED
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 30,045 posts | 4115 
      Reply #27: Jan 20, 2020 05:25:56 pm
      Nobody fancy us throwing loads of draws in so we can do it v Chelsea at home.....

:blush:

That'll be title presentation day, away end will be empty :laugh:
      WeAreMenOfShanklysBest
      • Forum Paul Walsh

• 116 posts | 29 
      • up the reds
      Reply #28: Jan 20, 2020 06:32:58 pm
      Like this game haha. Going to go with Villa at home also. 90th minute mane bursts into the box only to be taken down by one of the villa defenders. James Milner slots it straight down the middle as the keeper guesses left. Absolute carnage inside anfield as the team attacks trent swings the ball in from the right mane rises the highest and heads it off the bar mayhem inside the box ball is flying around everywhere and is eventually bundled in by Roberto Firmino and those inside the ground go absolutely ballistic and everyone else around the world does the same while I have a nice big soppy cry that it’s finally won. And then we all get pissed 👍🏻
      CharlesD
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 643 posts | 60 
      Reply #29: Jan 20, 2020 07:49:28 pm
      Mane with the equalizer and none other than my wife’s cousin, Divock Origi, with the winner into the corner from about 20 yards out.
      Ddecker
      • Forum Michael Robinson

• 53 posts | 18 
      Reply #30: Jan 20, 2020 08:09:02 pm
      Hendo screamer I hope
      Benladdie3000
      • Forum Paul Ince

• 85 posts | 19 
      Reply #31: Jan 20, 2020 08:16:10 pm
      Whatever game it is, I hope it happens when  the match is televised on sky or bt rather than espn or fox.
      HUYTON RED
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 30,045 posts | 4115 
      Reply #32: Jan 20, 2020 08:19:13 pm
      Whatever game it is, I hope it happens when  the match is televised on sky or bt rather than espn or fox.

There's a difference, if Man City don't blow it, there will be the game when we actually win it and the game when we're presented with the title.
      GERNS
      • Forum Legend - Dalglish

• 7,889 posts | 632 
      Reply #33: Jan 20, 2020 10:41:31 pm
      Has to be at Anfield for me. Any game at Anfield.
      Trent cuts in and drives one into the corner to equalise, and following a swift counter, Gini lays it through to Mane, who hits a diagonal ball to Mo racing down the right. Mo then bends it across the 6 yd box where Bob sidefoots in a special no look goal to win it !😂
      JD
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 35,283 posts | 4554 
      Reply #34: Jan 20, 2020 11:24:33 pm
      none other than my wife’s cousin, Divock Origi,

Woah there.

Tell us more.
      RedPuppy
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 17,709 posts | 2133 
      • Parum Rutilus Canis: Illegitimi non carborundum
      Reply #35: Jan 20, 2020 11:29:08 pm
      I don't care, I just want to win the sodding thing.
      adammac
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 3,960 posts | 92 
      • Heart As Big As Liverpool
      Reply #36: Jan 21, 2020 04:33:54 am
      At Anfield with the winning goal coming from a VAR decision overturning the on field officials  :f_whistle:
      CharlesD
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 643 posts | 60 
      Reply #37: Jan 21, 2020 03:26:39 pm

Second cousins, both originally from the same part of western Kenya. Divock’s family moved to Belgium years ago and my wife came to the U.S. The rest are still in Kenya. We get over to visit every couple years.
      TameImpala
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 606 posts | 383 
      Reply #38: Jan 21, 2020 03:36:14 pm
      Second cousins, both originally from the same part of western Kenya. Divock’s family moved to Belgium years ago and my wife came to the U.S. The rest are still in Kenya. We get over to visit every couple years.

ANY SPARES FOR CHELSEA?
      therealjr
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 895 posts | 109 
      Reply #39: Jan 21, 2020 03:54:37 pm
      Win it at home to palace then go to city the next game as champs and get a guard of honour from those plastic cvnts

Is there actually anything in the rules or is it more of a courtesy thing?
      Because I can see those sour losers refusing to do it unless the PL forces them.

sms1986
      • Forum Phil Thompson

• 481 posts | 183 
      Reply #40: Jan 21, 2020 04:04:59 pm
      Is there actually anything in the rules or is it more of a courtesy thing?
      Because I can see those sour losers refusing to do it unless the PL forces them.

It's not compulsory as the clubs involved just agree to it beforehand. It's an old tradition, though, so if we do get it from them I think they'll do it.
      MIRO
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 12,092 posts | 2612 
      Reply #41: Jan 21, 2020 07:06:58 pm
      I don't care, I just want to win the sodding thing.

Preferably at Anfield.

Would love Stevie to be present when the cup is handed to Henderson. The only one domestically Stevie didnt get and what a legend for the club.
      billythered
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 6,664 posts | 2207 
      • From Doubters to Believers
      Reply #42: Jan 21, 2020 09:04:44 pm
      Since it’s a bit of fun....

Between now and end of May, the wondrous nobheads at Soho sq, appoint a new ambassador for the EPL, There were many worthy candidates too many to mention but one fella stood out head and shoulders above  all others, sat on his perch is none other than old bacon face himself, Slur Alex,

Now for some unknown reason some Fookin eejit probably from Moss side who knows, decides to have a bit of a giggle on the day of our match with City , he rings the bizzies telling them he’s planted a IED somewhere within the Emptihad, the match is cancelled for obvious security reasons, and the match is put back to the end of the season, can’t fit it in elsewhere because we’re in the latter stages of yet another CL Campaign, City are out by the way 😂,

Anyhoo, the up shot is, we batter City 5 the f**k nil, and they have give us a Guard of Honour, and at the end of it there’s good old Bacon face , stood with his face the shade of  a big purple bell end, and has to present the EPL Troohy and all the f***in medals ,...

Beat that for imagination 😂 😂 😂

YNWA
      AussieRed
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 16,211 posts | 3725 
      • You'll Never Walk Alone
      Reply #43: Jan 21, 2020 11:11:06 pm
      Hope it's at Anfield.

Mo with the equalizer in the 90th minute and then.....

Alisson with a massive kick that catches the keeper way off his line, bounces in front of him and over his head and rolls into the back of the net. Everyone runs to Ali this time!!!

Norfolk Red
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 608 posts | 177 
      Reply #44: Jan 21, 2020 11:23:49 pm
      Since it’s a bit of fun....

Between now and end of May, the wondrous nobheads at Soho sq, appoint a new ambassador for the EPL, There were many worthy candidates too many to mention but one fella stood out head and shoulders above  all others, sat on his perch is none other than old bacon face himself, Slur Alex,

Now for some unknown reason some Fookin eejit probably from Moss side who knows, decides to have a bit of a giggle on the day of our match with City , he rings the bizzies telling them he’s planted a IED somewhere within the Emptihad, the match is cancelled for obvious security reasons, and the match is put back to the end of the season, can’t fit it in elsewhere because we’re in the latter stages of yet another CL Campaign, City are out by the way 😂,

Anyhoo, the up shot is, we batter City 5 the f**k nil, and they have give us a Guard of Honour, and at the end of it there’s good old Bacon face , stood with his face the shade of  a big purple bell end, and has to present the EPL Troohy and all the f***in medals ,...

Beat that for imagination 😂 😂 😂

YNWA

Billy, you should be directing films.
      With an imagination like that you could knock Spielberg off his perch. Lol.
      Nice one all the same.
      lfc across the water
      • Needs a Klopp hug...Rafa's Number 1 fan...VAR has no faults Promoter
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 2,745 posts | 551 
      Reply #45: Jan 22, 2020 08:13:29 am
      With a VAR goal for us in the last minute of injury time at Newcastle, just when all hope was lost, before a second opinion stepped in to save the day, and show the Platini heads again, why we need to see justice done on a football pitch. Alternatively, I would prefer to win it at home to Bournemouth with a nice, comfortable walkover, but it's probably a long shot.

Ideally, I don't want to have to go to some other soulless dump and needing to get a result there to win the league. It would be far better to clinch it in our own house, in front of our own fans, the easy way. But ultimately it really doesn't matter how or when or where, as long as we get there.

This club was built on winning league titles, I've been fortunate enough to experience the last three. Winning trophies is great, winning the European/World Cups is wonderful, but there's nothing like being champion of your own domestic league. Whether it's your first one or your fifth on the trot, you never get tired of it.
      TameImpala
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 606 posts | 383 
      Reply #46: Jan 22, 2020 09:22:59 am
      With a VAR goal for us in the last minute of injury time at Newcastle, just when all hope was lost, before a second opinion stepped in to save the day, and show the Platini heads again, why we need to see justice done on a football pitch.

And several hundred miles away, you're sucking off Mike Riley in Stockley park. Him screaming "V-A-Aaaarrrghhhhhhh!!" at the exact moment he blows his load & the goal is awarded. Pele, Maradonna, Beckenbauer & Mark Lawrenson then dance into the VAR bunker, presenting you and Mike with two shiny medals, all singing "and now yer gonna believe him, he was right about VAR"

Jürgen Klopp, teary eyed in his interview then says "I'd just like to thank Lfc Across the water from Lfcreds.com, we couldn't have done it without his support & tireless fight for justice"
      What a beautiful ending that would be
      TameImpala
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 606 posts | 383 
      Reply #47: Jan 22, 2020 09:27:27 am
      For anybody interested, below are the approximate announcement dates for the TV fixture schedule changes. Should hopefully hear something Friday regarding the March fixtures

Mar   24 January 2020   
      Apr   21 February 2020   
      May   3 April 2020
      « Last Edit: Jan 22, 2020 09:41:01 am by TameImpala »
      Robby The Z
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 5,245 posts | 1293 
      Reply #48: Jan 22, 2020 09:20:08 pm
      For anybody interested, below are the approximate announcement dates for the TV fixture schedule changes. Should hopefully hear something Friday regarding the March fixtures

Mar   24 January 2020   
      Apr   21 February 2020   
      May   3 April 2020

http://www.thefa.com/competitions/thefacup/more/fa-cup-round-dates

Speaking of fixture changes, am I reading this correctly that the 5th Round for the FA Cup is scheduled to be played on Wednesday March 4? I thought they were always scheduled on weekends.
      chats
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 22,789 posts | 925 
      Reply #49: Jan 22, 2020 10:05:46 pm
      http://www.thefa.com/competitions/thefacup/more/fa-cup-round-dates

Speaking of fixture changes, am I reading this correctly that the 5th Round for the FA Cup is scheduled to be played on Wednesday March 4? I thought they were always scheduled on weekends.

Think it's part of making the winter break which has started from this season.
      Robby The Z
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 5,245 posts | 1293 
      Reply #50: Jan 22, 2020 11:54:09 pm
      Think it's part of making the winter break which has started from this season.

Thanks, good to know.

I wonder if just the one weekend off for a winter break is really going to make any difference for players. I totally agree with what Jürgen says about too many games and competitions, but I don't know what having the one weekend off (with fixtures apparently slotted into the same amount of weeks overall) is going to be any meaningful benefit.
      TameImpala
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 606 posts | 383 
      Reply #51: Jan 23, 2020 08:42:48 am
      Thanks, good to know.

I wonder if just the one weekend off for a winter break is really going to make any difference for players. I totally agree with what Jürgen says about too many games and competitions, but I don't know what having the one weekend off (with fixtures apparently slotted into the same amount of weeks overall) is going to be any meaningful benefit.

Thought that myself - aren't they just supposedly moving a round of FA Cup fixtures to midweek?

Sounds like they're just borrowing from Peter to pay Paul
      YANK_LFC_FAN
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 3,195 posts | 328 
      • Timid men prefer the calm of despotism!
      Reply #52: Jan 23, 2020 03:07:02 pm
      What a great question.

I wish we could do it at the Scum but that would be too perfect.

But honestly doing it at Everton would be not just amazing but f***in' HILARIOUS!  I remember how they laughed at us when City got us at the end last season and to take it at Goodison would be the greatest "f**k you" to the Blues I can imagine.
      HUYTON RED
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 30,045 posts | 4115 
      Reply #53: Jan 23, 2020 07:42:23 pm
      What a great question.

I wish we could do it at the Scum but that would be too perfect.

But honestly doing it at Everton would be not just amazing but f***in' HILARIOUS!  I remember how they laughed at us when City got us at the end last season and to take it at Goodison would be the greatest "f**k you" to the Blues I can imagine.

Merseyside Police definitely do not like this!! :lmao:
      king kenny
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 2,518 posts | 235 
      Reply #54: Jan 24, 2020 01:19:55 am
      I really like the idea of City giving us a guard of honour! 
      verde-rubro
      • Forum Ian Callaghan

• 913 posts | 77 
      Reply #55: Jan 24, 2020 09:15:32 am
      lfc across the water
      • Needs a Klopp hug...Rafa's Number 1 fan...VAR has no faults Promoter
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 2,745 posts | 551 
      Reply #56: Jan 24, 2020 01:07:36 pm
      Quote from Robby The Z
      Thanks, good to know.

The break is for show. League games will still be played over the break, while players are coming back from injury and the weather is improving.

In previous years, going out of the cup early meant a 1.5/2 week break out of sight out of mind. Different teams will have different length of breaks. In the event of a cup replay for us this year, it may last just 6 days instead of 2 weeks. Without it, it will last 11 days.

Quote from TameImpala
      Jürgen Klopp, teary eyed in his interview then says "I'd just like to thank Lfc Across the water from Lfcreds.com, we couldn't have done it without his support & tireless fight for justice"
      What a beautiful ending that would be

The interview would go more along the lines of "...remember that great Mane goal not given at Arsenal last year. It was not cool. Now we win a game we draw last year. You see the difference in the table those 2 extra points make. Cool.👍"

Now Geoff, Medals.
      Red8
      • Forum Jamie Redknapp

• 315 posts | 31 
      Reply #57: Jan 26, 2020 12:51:43 pm
      I booked staying and are coming for the parade. But now i just realized that we could be easily in other two finals (fa cup and CL).

Does anybody know will in that case parade be postponed or it will be anyway after last match?

I remember last year that it was planned to be the next day if it happened.
      Tayls

• 5,133 posts | 393 
      Reply #58: Jan 26, 2020 03:09:28 pm
      How does it work with the guards of honour, do we get one at every game after we wrap the title up?
      sms1986
      • Forum Phil Thompson

• 481 posts | 183 
      Reply #59: Jan 26, 2020 03:10:57 pm
      How does it work with the guards of honour, do we get one at every game after we wrap the title up?

It's just the first game after we win the title.
      HUYTON RED
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 30,045 posts | 4115 
      Reply #60: Jan 26, 2020 03:40:52 pm
      I booked staying and are coming for the parade. But now i just realized that we could be easily in other two finals (fa cup and CL).

Does anybody know will in that case parade be postponed or it will be anyway after last match?

I remember last year that it was planned to be the next day if it happened.

Depends on whether we're in any other finals after we win the league.
      tezmac

• 7,062 posts | 251 
      • F**k the Sun F**k Murdoch F**k the press
      Reply #61: Jan 26, 2020 03:43:32 pm
      Would be great to beat city at city to win it just to see Pepe's face along with the emptyhad mancs faces, what ever way will do, just do it
      JD
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 35,283 posts | 4554 
      Reply #62: Feb 02, 2020 10:11:55 pm
      Id like City to lose again and us to clinch it against Palace at Anfield so there's a f**king great big carnival atmosphere running up to the game that carries on into a massive party and piss up on the night. Oh and then next game at City they can then  give us the guard of honour.

Your dream is inching closer!
      Harrisimo
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 3,796 posts | 563 
      Reply #63: Feb 02, 2020 10:25:50 pm
      Be great to do it at City or Goodison but to be honest it should be at Anfield. All our fans deserve that magic moment and the majority don't travel to away games for various reasons, so for me it has to be at ANFIELD.
      king kenny
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 2,518 posts | 235 
      Reply #64: Feb 02, 2020 10:47:46 pm
      Be great to do it at City or Goodison but to be honest it should be at Anfield. All our fans deserve that magic moment and the majority don't travel to away games for various reasons, so for me it has to be at ANFIELD.

They were singing songs last season when we were in a dark place be it for a few days. 

“You see Harrisimo, I can deal with the financial doping, and the oil money , and the emptihad. We don't need the money, and we don't need their bought medals. What I do want is for them to stand there in that faggoty blue uniform and with their Mancunian accents extend us some f**king courtesy."
      TameImpala
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 606 posts | 383 
      Reply #65: Feb 03, 2020 12:49:06 am
      They were singing songs last season when we were in a dark place be it for a few days. 

“You see Harrisimo, I can deal with the financial doping, and the oil money , and the emptihad. We don't need the money, and we don't need their bought medals. What I do want is for them to stand there in that faggoty blue uniform and with their Mancunian accents extend us some f**king courtesy."

Not arsed about them at all, they've been in meltdown mode for more or less the entire season anyway, we've had months to laugh at them & drink in their mental capitulation.

Once we win that title the last thing I'll be doing is looking to see what the Man City reaction is - I want to see the players celebrating in front of our own supporters (hopefully myself if I strike lucky in the late sales), I've got no interest in seeing the faces of sad Mancunians with stupid cagoules and dodgy haircuts after we've won our first title in 3 decades, I'd want to see as many reds as possible enjoying the moment.

We've already broken City, not just by being streets ahead of them in the table but also being on course to smash all of their domestic records. No need to win the league title at their place, they're already well beaten
      HUYTON RED
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 30,045 posts | 4115 
      Reply #66: Feb 03, 2020 01:38:35 am

We'll be getting a guard of honour from the cu*ts!
      vulcan_red
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 2,568 posts | 203 
      Reply #67: Feb 03, 2020 02:04:56 am
      I don't care about throwing it in others faces, however if I were  to rank opposition fans that should witness it then Utd, Chelsea and then Man City. Everton wouldn't be in the mix because their fans wouldn't be able to comprehend it. It would be like showing a jellyfish calculus it is so far out of the realm of possibility for them.

If its at Anfield then that would be ideal but just as long as we get there I'm not really fussed.
      TameImpala
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 606 posts | 383 
      Reply #68: Feb 03, 2020 06:44:12 am
      I don't care about throwing it in others faces, however if I were  to rank opposition fans that should witness it then Utd, Chelsea and then Man City. Everton wouldn't be in the mix because their fans wouldn't be able to comprehend it. It would be like showing a jellyfish calculus it is so far out of the realm of possibility for them.

If its at Anfield then that would be ideal but just as long as we get there I'm not really fussed.

If I had to pick then Everton would probably be my first choice. Especially after all that "You lost the league at Goodison Park" carry on from them, would be poetic justice
      Jimsouse67
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 4,926 posts | 630 
      Reply #69: Feb 03, 2020 07:26:39 am
      Not arsed about them at all, they've been in meltdown mode for more or less the entire season anyway, we've had months to laugh at them & drink in their mental capitulation.

Once we win that title the last thing I'll be doing is looking to see what the Man City reaction is - I want to see the players celebrating in front of our own supporters (hopefully myself if I strike lucky in the late sales), I've got no interest in seeing the faces of sad Mancunians with stupid cagoules and dodgy haircuts after we've won our first title in 3 decades, I'd want to see as many reds as possible enjoying the moment.

We've already broken City, not just by being streets ahead of them in the table but also being on course to smash all of their domestic records. No need to win the league title at their place, they're already well beaten
      Exactly right that,I’ve said it many many times that in the grand scheme of things & in the history books they are a nothing club ,sh*t fans,sh*t support,sh*t flags ,sh*t songs & sh*t history oh and sh*t turnouts at the matches.
      TameImpala
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 606 posts | 383 
      Reply #70: Feb 03, 2020 07:53:14 am
      Exactly right that,I’ve said it many many times that in the grand scheme of things & in the history books they are a nothing club ,sh*t fans,sh*t support,sh*t flags ,sh*t songs & sh*t history oh and sh*t turnouts at the matches.

Yeah they're dogshit, similar to the Chelsea "rivalry" we had for a few years a decade or so ago. Neither of us are arsed about each other any more & it will be the same with City in future. They're nothing in the grand scheme of things

If they go off and win another 10 or so league titles and a few European Cups then maybe they can have a seat at the top table with the likes of ourselves & United but until then they can do one.
      SM
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 3,547 posts | 393 
      Reply #71: Feb 03, 2020 08:02:31 am
      Merseyside Police definitely do not like this!! :lmao:

Would it kick off HR?

TameImpala
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 606 posts | 383 
      Reply #72: Feb 03, 2020 10:10:45 am
      Definitely got the potential to kick off if we did it at Goodison, derbies seem to get nastier every time we play them. Was a much bigger police presence for the game last month also and a lot of segregation around the ground, apparently this was largely down to the bigger FA Cup allocation they got but I don't remember it being as stringent when we met in the cup a couple of years ago

United would be the big one though. Obviously hypothetical because we've already played them but there would be f**king chaos if we ever happened to win it there  :lmao:
      Jimsouse67
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 4,926 posts | 630 
      Reply #73: Feb 03, 2020 11:14:29 am
      Kick off? I’d imagine that there would be f**king murder if we secured it at that shithole of a ground,personally speaking I think we’ll have wrapped the title up by then though.
      Ross
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 19,913 posts | 165 
      Reply #74: Feb 03, 2020 11:31:27 am
      As someone born in '91, I still can't quite wrap my head around what I'm seeing this season.

This will be the first league title of my lifetime.

I always envisioned (that when it finally does happen) it'd be a close chase right till the finish.

But we're absolutely running away with it. 25 games played and points only dropped in 1 of those. Madness.

I keep checking back on the league table just to make sure!
      king kenny
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 2,518 posts | 235 
      Reply #75: Feb 03, 2020 11:38:53 am

Not arsed myself about their fans.  I have seen cracks on  Pep's bold head.  Is it going to explode? or is he going to just do a runner? I'm quite interested to know what happens next!     The biggest Celebration will be at the parade for this title.  Enjoy the celebrations because it is coming. when? where? that is the only question remaining.   

HUYTON RED
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 30,045 posts | 4115 
      Reply #76: Feb 03, 2020 11:53:57 am
      I don't care about throwing it in others faces

I do! For 30 years we've had to put with endless sh*te about not winning the league.

It's f**king payback time.
      HUYTON RED
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 30,045 posts | 4115 
      Reply #77: Feb 03, 2020 11:56:23 am

If the league could be won there, expect some sort of party arrangements from our lot. In all honesty I expect around the ground to be flooded with reds. It will burn Everton's head right out.
      Shabs
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 23,953 posts | 3150 
      Reply #78: Feb 03, 2020 12:47:02 pm
      If the league could be won there, expect some sort of party arrangements from our lot. In all honesty I expect around the ground to be flooded with reds. It will burn Everton's head right out.

Plenty pyro right 🔥🔥🔥
      brezipool
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 4,360 posts | 333 
      • COME ON THE REDMEN !
      Reply #79: Feb 03, 2020 12:52:04 pm
      Its gonna be done at Everton.

Can feel it in me bones. ;D
      billythered
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 6,664 posts | 2207 
      Reply #80: Feb 03, 2020 01:10:11 pm

Surely you mean showing them a Trophy 🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣

YNWA
      billythered
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 6,664 posts | 2207 
      Reply #81: Feb 03, 2020 01:19:49 pm
      Clinching it @ Woodison would be Brilliant but i think that's a Monday night game, it would rock the City like a earthquake, I'd even contemplate coming up just for that, despite not having a ticket,
      Palace are up next ,that's a Saturday AM game I believe, So that would be brilliant too, and of course with City after with them giving us a Guard of honour would be the icing on the premier league Trophy.

YNWA
      Benladdie3000
      • Forum Paul Ince

• 85 posts | 19 
      Reply #82: Feb 03, 2020 06:49:01 pm
      That prem trophy is gonna look mighty fine next to the FA cup too
      ruthcity
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 4,399 posts | 617 
      Reply #83: Feb 04, 2020 12:14:24 pm
      Its gonna be done at Everton.

Can feel it in me bones. ;D

That’ll be the closest they and Goodison Park will come to experience what it feels like to win something big. :lmao:
      brezipool
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 4,360 posts | 333 
      • COME ON THE REDMEN !
      Reply #84: Feb 04, 2020 12:45:10 pm
      That’ll be the closest they and Goodison Park will come to experience what it feels like to win something big. :lmao:

LFCexiled
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 3,147 posts | 1126 
      • Lazarus of LFC
      Re: If we are really GONNA WIN THE LEAGUE then how does it happen for you?
      Reply #85: Feb 09, 2020 05:56:39 pm
      Would it be too selfish of me to want a couple of draws thrown in and for us to win it at home against Burnley on 25th April? It's my birthday so I can get double fu**ed up.

If it's deemed too selfish by you folks I'll withdraw my request. 😉
      waltonl4
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 28,135 posts | 4215 
      Reply #86: Feb 09, 2020 06:29:01 pm
      I do! For 30 years we've had to put with endless sh*te about not winning the league.

It's f**king payback time.

Oh yes and there will be lots and lots of it until they are sick of hearing about it
      nelioneil
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 2,797 posts | 108 
      Reply #87: Feb 09, 2020 08:13:09 pm
      At Anfield.

At the final whistile - it must be as loud and crazy as this was:

https://www.dailymotion.com/video/x8k35r

waltonl4
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 28,135 posts | 4215 
      Reply #88: Feb 09, 2020 08:47:05 pm
      At Anfield.

mate there will be more people outside the ground than in it I certainly will be there.  I cant even begin to list the very special days at Anfield I have seen since the big Leeds games of the early 70's but this will be the very very best day ever
      scotscouse
      • Forum John Aldridge

• 109 posts | 20 
      Reply #89: Feb 09, 2020 10:11:19 pm
      Would it be too selfish of me to want a couple of draws thrown in and for us to win it at home against Burnley on 25th April? It's my birthday so I can get double fu**ed up.

If it's deemed too selfish by you folks I'll withdraw my request. 😉
      [/quotI am in hospitality that game as part of my retirement plans was thinking the same
      Robby The Z
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 5,245 posts | 1293 
      Reply #90: Feb 10, 2020 01:30:13 am
      mate there will be more people outside the ground than in it I certainly will be there.  I cant even begin to list the very special days at Anfield I have seen since the big Leeds games of the early 70's but this will be the very very best day ever

People who are able should make sure you are inside the ground for that game, Walt, whenever it is. Surely the collective on here can make sure of it somehow.
      solodee
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 5,888 posts | 124 
      Reply #91: Feb 10, 2020 02:09:18 am
      The earlier the better please...

Crystal palace at Anfield for me.

I'm all keyed-up; butterflies and sh*t.. Too many records to break too; Invincibility record, Millennium points. They all just keep staring me in the face. Even though they are not really our targets.

Enemies already screaming "You'll never be Invincible", " You won't make 100 points". To them, these have become the target this season.
      MIRO
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 12,092 posts | 2612 
      Reply #92: Feb 10, 2020 02:09:30 am
      How  ?

Stevie lifts it as well.
      David Wright
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 3,270 posts | 208 
      Reply #93: Feb 10, 2020 09:23:29 am
      Win it asap preferably at Anfield, in front of the fans.
      TameImpala
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 606 posts | 383 
      Reply #94: Feb 10, 2020 10:48:49 am
      At Anfield.

Was lucky enough to be at that game & I don't think I'll ever experience anything like it ever again. Must have only been 10 or 11, was old enough to understand how important the game was but probably not old enough to realize what I was experiencing in terms of atmosphere & how it would go down in history for more reasons than what just happened on the pitch. Went to the 2007 semi also which was immense but 2005 was something else. If I could go back to any time in my life and experience it again it would be that night

We've got to clinch it at Anfield. Warm spring afternoon, 1000s of people in the streets outside the ground, ale everywhere - I've daydreamed about it too much - Please GOD let it happen!

Quick Reply