Trending Topics

Next match: LFC v Brighton [Premier League] Sun 31st Mar @ 2:00 pm
      Anfield

Today is the 28th of March and on this date LFC's match record is P26 W11 D3 L12

If we are really GONNA WIN THE LEAGUE then how does it happen for you?

Read 13765 times
      TameImpala
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 2,269 posts | 1216 
      • He's five foot seven, he's football heaven
      Re: If we are really "GONNA WIN THE LEAGUE" then how does it happen for you?
      Reply #46: Jan 22, 2020 09:22:59 am
      With a VAR goal for us in the last minute of injury time at Newcastle, just when all hope was lost, before a second opinion stepped in to save the day, and show the Platini heads again, why we need to see justice done on a football pitch.

And several hundred miles away, you're sucking off Mike Riley in Stockley park. Him screaming "V-A-Aaaarrrghhhhhhh!!" at the exact moment he blows his load & the goal is awarded. Pele, Maradonna, Beckenbauer & Mark Lawrenson then dance into the VAR bunker, presenting you and Mike with two shiny medals, all singing "and now yer gonna believe him, he was right about VAR"

Jürgen Klopp, teary eyed in his interview then says "I'd just like to thank Lfc Across the water from Lfcreds.com, we couldn't have done it without his support & tireless fight for justice"
      What a beautiful ending that would be
      TameImpala
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 2,269 posts | 1216 
      Reply #47: Jan 22, 2020 09:27:27 am
      For anybody interested, below are the approximate announcement dates for the TV fixture schedule changes. Should hopefully hear something Friday regarding the March fixtures

Mar   24 January 2020   
      Apr   21 February 2020   
      May   3 April 2020
      « Last Edit: Jan 22, 2020 09:41:01 am by TameImpala »
      Robby The Z
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 9,034 posts | 2690 
      Reply #48: Jan 22, 2020 09:20:08 pm
      For anybody interested, below are the approximate announcement dates for the TV fixture schedule changes. Should hopefully hear something Friday regarding the March fixtures

Mar   24 January 2020   
      Apr   21 February 2020   
      May   3 April 2020

http://www.thefa.com/competitions/thefacup/more/fa-cup-round-dates

Speaking of fixture changes, am I reading this correctly that the 5th Round for the FA Cup is scheduled to be played on Wednesday March 4? I thought they were always scheduled on weekends.
      chats
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 31,019 posts | 2741 
      Reply #49: Jan 22, 2020 10:05:46 pm
      http://www.thefa.com/competitions/thefacup/more/fa-cup-round-dates

Speaking of fixture changes, am I reading this correctly that the 5th Round for the FA Cup is scheduled to be played on Wednesday March 4? I thought they were always scheduled on weekends.

Think it's part of making the winter break which has started from this season.
      Robby The Z
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 9,034 posts | 2690 
      Reply #50: Jan 22, 2020 11:54:09 pm
      Think it's part of making the winter break which has started from this season.

Thanks, good to know.

I wonder if just the one weekend off for a winter break is really going to make any difference for players. I totally agree with what Jürgen says about too many games and competitions, but I don't know what having the one weekend off (with fixtures apparently slotted into the same amount of weeks overall) is going to be any meaningful benefit.
      TameImpala
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 2,269 posts | 1216 
      Reply #51: Jan 23, 2020 08:42:48 am
      Thanks, good to know.

I wonder if just the one weekend off for a winter break is really going to make any difference for players. I totally agree with what Jürgen says about too many games and competitions, but I don't know what having the one weekend off (with fixtures apparently slotted into the same amount of weeks overall) is going to be any meaningful benefit.

Thought that myself - aren't they just supposedly moving a round of FA Cup fixtures to midweek?

Sounds like they're just borrowing from Peter to pay Paul
      YANK_LFC_FAN
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 3,506 posts | 424 
      • Timid men prefer the calm of despotism!
      Reply #52: Jan 23, 2020 03:07:02 pm
      What a great question.

I wish we could do it at the Scum but that would be too perfect.

But honestly doing it at Everton would be not just amazing but f***in' HILARIOUS!  I remember how they laughed at us when City got us at the end last season and to take it at Goodison would be the greatest "F**k you" to the Blues I can imagine.
      HUYTON RED
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 39,948 posts | 8458 
      Reply #53: Jan 23, 2020 07:42:23 pm
      What a great question.

I wish we could do it at the Scum but that would be too perfect.

But honestly doing it at Everton would be not just amazing but f***in' HILARIOUS!  I remember how they laughed at us when City got us at the end last season and to take it at Goodison would be the greatest "F**k you" to the Blues I can imagine.

Merseyside Police definitely do not like this!! :lmao:
      king kenny
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 3,111 posts | 441 
      Reply #54: Jan 24, 2020 01:19:55 am
      I really like the idea of City giving us a guard of honour! 
      verde-rubro
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 1,952 posts | 217 
      Reply #55: Jan 24, 2020 09:15:32 am
      lfc across the water
      • Needs a Klopp hug...Rafa's Number 1 fan...VAR has no faults Promoter
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 3,833 posts | 701 
      Reply #56: Jan 24, 2020 01:07:36 pm
      Quote from Robby The Z
      Thanks, good to know.

The break is for show. League games will still be played over the break, while players are coming back from injury and the weather is improving.

In previous years, going out of the cup early meant a 1.5/2 week break out of sight out of mind. Different teams will have different length of breaks. In the event of a cup replay for us this year, it may last just 6 days instead of 2 weeks. Without it, it will last 11 days.

Quote from TameImpala
      Jürgen Klopp, teary eyed in his interview then says "I'd just like to thank Lfc Across the water from Lfcreds.com, we couldn't have done it without his support & tireless fight for justice"
      What a beautiful ending that would be

The interview would go more along the lines of "...remember that great Mane goal not given at Arsenal last year. It was not cool. Now we win a game we draw last year. You see the difference in the table those 2 extra points make. Cool.👍"

Now Geoff, Medals.
      Red8
      • Forum Kevin Keegan

• 342 posts | 38 
      Reply #57: Jan 26, 2020 12:51:43 pm
      I booked staying and are coming for the parade. But now i just realized that we could be easily in other two finals (fa cup and CL).

Does anybody know will in that case parade be postponed or it will be anyway after last match?

I remember last year that it was planned to be the next day if it happened.
      Tayls
      • Forum Legend - Dalglish

• 5,378 posts | 510 
      Reply #58: Jan 26, 2020 03:09:28 pm
      How does it work with the guards of honour, do we get one at every game after we wrap the title up?
      sms1986
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 1,182 posts | 453 
      Reply #59: Jan 26, 2020 03:10:57 pm
      How does it work with the guards of honour, do we get one at every game after we wrap the title up?

It's just the first game after we win the title.
      HUYTON RED
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 39,948 posts | 8458 
      Reply #60: Jan 26, 2020 03:40:52 pm
      I booked staying and are coming for the parade. But now i just realized that we could be easily in other two finals (fa cup and CL).

Does anybody know will in that case parade be postponed or it will be anyway after last match?

I remember last year that it was planned to be the next day if it happened.

Depends on whether we're in any other finals after we win the league.
      tezmac
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 11,111 posts | 896 
      • F**k the Sun F**k Murdoch F**k the press
      Reply #61: Jan 26, 2020 03:43:32 pm
      Would be great to beat city at city to win it just to see Pepe's face along with the emptyhad mancs faces, what ever way will do, just do it
      JD
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 39,529 posts | 6887 
      Reply #62: Feb 02, 2020 10:11:55 pm
      Id like City to lose again and us to clinch it against Palace at Anfield so there's a f**king great big carnival atmosphere running up to the game that carries on into a massive party and piss up on the night. Oh and then next game at City they can then  give us the guard of honour.

Your dream is inching closer!
      Harrisimo
      • Forum Legend - Dalglish

• 7,968 posts | 1355 
      Reply #63: Feb 02, 2020 10:25:50 pm
      Be great to do it at City or Goodison but to be honest it should be at Anfield. All our fans deserve that magic moment and the majority don't travel to away games for various reasons, so for me it has to be at ANFIELD.
      king kenny
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 3,111 posts | 441 
      Reply #64: Feb 02, 2020 10:47:46 pm
      Be great to do it at City or Goodison but to be honest it should be at Anfield. All our fans deserve that magic moment and the majority don't travel to away games for various reasons, so for me it has to be at ANFIELD.

They were singing songs last season when we were in a dark place be it for a few days. 

“You see Harrisimo, I can deal with the financial doping, and the oil money , and the emptihad. We don't need the money, and we don't need their bought medals. What I do want is for them to stand there in that faggoty blue uniform and with their Mancunian accents extend us some F***ing courtesy."
      TameImpala
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 2,269 posts | 1216 
      Reply #65: Feb 03, 2020 12:49:06 am
      They were singing songs last season when we were in a dark place be it for a few days. 

“You see Harrisimo, I can deal with the financial doping, and the oil money , and the emptihad. We don't need the money, and we don't need their bought medals. What I do want is for them to stand there in that faggoty blue uniform and with their Mancunian accents extend us some f**king courtesy."

Not arsed about them at all, they've been in meltdown mode for more or less the entire season anyway, we've had months to laugh at them & drink in their mental capitulation.

Once we win that title the last thing I'll be doing is looking to see what the Man City reaction is - I want to see the players celebrating in front of our own supporters (hopefully myself if I strike lucky in the late sales), I've got no interest in seeing the faces of sad Mancunians with stupid cagoules and dodgy haircuts after we've won our first title in 3 decades, I'd want to see as many reds as possible enjoying the moment.

We've already broken City, not just by being streets ahead of them in the table but also being on course to smash all of their domestic records. No need to win the league title at their place, they're already well beaten
      HUYTON RED
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 39,948 posts | 8458 
      Reply #66: Feb 03, 2020 01:38:35 am

“You see Harrisimo, I can deal with the financial doping, and the oil money , and the emptihad. We don't need the money, and we don't need their bought medals. What I do want is for them to stand there in that faggoty blue uniform and with their Mancunian accents extend us some F***ing courtesy."

We'll be getting a guard of honour from the cu*ts!
      vulcan_red
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 2,580 posts | 212 
      Reply #67: Feb 03, 2020 02:04:56 am
      I don't care about throwing it in others faces, however if I were  to rank opposition fans that should witness it then Utd, Chelsea and then Man City. Everton wouldn't be in the mix because their fans wouldn't be able to comprehend it. It would be like showing a jellyfish calculus it is so far out of the realm of possibility for them.

If its at Anfield then that would be ideal but just as long as we get there I'm not really fussed.
      TameImpala
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 2,269 posts | 1216 
      Reply #68: Feb 03, 2020 06:44:12 am
      I don't care about throwing it in others faces, however if I were  to rank opposition fans that should witness it then Utd, Chelsea and then Man City. Everton wouldn't be in the mix because their fans wouldn't be able to comprehend it. It would be like showing a jellyfish calculus it is so far out of the realm of possibility for them.

If its at Anfield then that would be ideal but just as long as we get there I'm not really fussed.

If I had to pick then Everton would probably be my first choice. Especially after all that "You lost the league at Goodison Park" carry on from them, would be poetic justice

Quick Reply