Trending Topics

Next match: LFC v Brighton [Premier League] Sun 31st Mar @ 2:00 pm
      Anfield

Today is the 29th of March and on this date LFC's match record is P24 W11 D6 L7

If we are really GONNA WIN THE LEAGUE then how does it happen for you?

Read 13781 times
      Jimsouse67
      • Forum Legend - Dalglish

• 9,275 posts | 1436 
      Re: If we are really "GONNA WIN THE LEAGUE" then how does it happen for you?
      Reply #69: Feb 03, 2020 07:26:39 am
      Not arsed about them at all, they've been in meltdown mode for more or less the entire season anyway, we've had months to laugh at them & drink in their mental capitulation.

Once we win that title the last thing I'll be doing is looking to see what the Man City reaction is - I want to see the players celebrating in front of our own supporters (hopefully myself if I strike lucky in the late sales), I've got no interest in seeing the faces of sad Mancunians with stupid cagoules and dodgy haircuts after we've won our first title in 3 decades, I'd want to see as many reds as possible enjoying the moment.

We've already broken City, not just by being streets ahead of them in the table but also being on course to smash all of their domestic records. No need to win the league title at their place, they're already well beaten
      Exactly right that,I’ve said it many many times that in the grand scheme of things & in the history books they are a nothing club ,sh*t fans,sh*t support,sh*t flags ,sh*t songs & sh*t history oh and sh*t turnouts at the matches.
      TameImpala
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 2,269 posts | 1216 
      • He's five foot seven, he's football heaven
      Reply #70: Feb 03, 2020 07:53:14 am
      Exactly right that,I’ve said it many many times that in the grand scheme of things & in the history books they are a nothing club ,sh*t fans,sh*t support,sh*t flags ,sh*t songs & sh*t history oh and sh*t turnouts at the matches.

Yeah they're dogshit, similar to the Chelsea "rivalry" we had for a few years a decade or so ago. Neither of us are arsed about each other any more & it will be the same with City in future. They're nothing in the grand scheme of things

If they go off and win another 10 or so league titles and a few European Cups then maybe they can have a seat at the top table with the likes of ourselves & United but until then they can do one.
      SM
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 3,583 posts | 400 
      Reply #71: Feb 03, 2020 08:02:31 am
      Merseyside Police definitely do not like this!! :lmao:

Would it kick off HR?

TameImpala
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 2,269 posts | 1216 
      • He's five foot seven, he's football heaven
      Reply #72: Feb 03, 2020 10:10:45 am
      Definitely got the potential to kick off if we did it at Goodison, derbies seem to get nastier every time we play them. Was a much bigger police presence for the game last month also and a lot of segregation around the ground, apparently this was largely down to the bigger FA Cup allocation they got but I don't remember it being as stringent when we met in the cup a couple of years ago

United would be the big one though. Obviously hypothetical because we've already played them but there would be F***ing chaos if we ever happened to win it there  :lmao:
      Jimsouse67

• 9,275 posts | 1436 
      Reply #73: Feb 03, 2020 11:14:29 am
      Kick off? I’d imagine that there would be F***ing murder if we secured it at that shithole of a ground,personally speaking I think we’ll have wrapped the title up by then though.
      Ross
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 19,916 posts | 165 
      Reply #74: Feb 03, 2020 11:31:27 am
      As someone born in '91, I still can't quite wrap my head around what I'm seeing this season.

This will be the first league title of my lifetime.

I always envisioned (that when it finally does happen) it'd be a close chase right till the finish.

But we're absolutely running away with it. 25 games played and points only dropped in 1 of those. Madness.

I keep checking back on the league table just to make sure!
      king kenny
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 3,111 posts | 441 
      Reply #75: Feb 03, 2020 11:38:53 am
      Not arsed about them at all, they've been in meltdown mode for more or less the entire season anyway, we've had months to laugh at them & drink in their mental capitulation.

Once we win that title the last thing I'll be doing is looking to see what the Man City reaction is - I want to see the players celebrating in front of our own supporters (hopefully myself if I strike lucky in the late sales), I've got no interest in seeing the faces of sad Mancunians with stupid cagoules and dodgy haircuts after we've won our first title in 3 decades, I'd want to see as many reds as possible enjoying the moment.

We've already broken City, not just by being streets ahead of them in the table but also being on course to smash all of their domestic records. No need to win the league title at their place, they're already well beaten

Not arsed myself about their fans.  I have seen cracks on  Pep's bold head.  Is it going to explode? or is he going to just do a runner? I'm quite interested to know what happens next!     The biggest Celebration will be at the parade for this title.  Enjoy the celebrations because it is coming. when? where? that is the only question remaining.   

HUYTON RED
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 39,948 posts | 8458 
      Reply #76: Feb 03, 2020 11:53:57 am
      I don't care about throwing it in others faces

I do! For 30 years we've had to put with endless sh*te about not winning the league.

It's F***ing payback time.
      HUYTON RED
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 39,948 posts | 8458 
      Reply #77: Feb 03, 2020 11:56:23 am

If the league could be won there, expect some sort of party arrangements from our lot. In all honesty I expect around the ground to be flooded with reds. It will burn Everton's head right out.
      shabbadoo
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 29,420 posts | 4581 
      Reply #78: Feb 03, 2020 12:47:02 pm
      If the league could be won there, expect some sort of party arrangements from our lot. In all honesty I expect around the ground to be flooded with reds. It will burn Everton's head right out.

Plenty pyro right 🔥🔥🔥
      brezipool
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 9,454 posts | 1735 
      • Mon the Red Machine !
      Reply #79: Feb 03, 2020 12:52:04 pm
      Its gonna be done at Everton.

Can feel it in me bones. ;D
      billythered
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 10,821 posts | 4920 
      • From Doubters to Champions of the World
      Reply #80: Feb 03, 2020 01:10:11 pm
      I don't care about throwing it in others faces, however if I were  to rank opposition fans that should witness it then Utd, Chelsea and then Man City. Everton wouldn't be in the mix because their fans wouldn't be able to comprehend it. It would be like showing a jellyfish calculus it is so far out of the realm of possibility for them.

If its at Anfield then that would be ideal but just as long as we get there I'm not really fussed.

Surely you mean showing them a Trophy 🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣

YNWA
      billythered
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 10,821 posts | 4920 
      • From Doubters to Champions of the World
      Reply #81: Feb 03, 2020 01:19:49 pm
      Clinching it @ Woodison would be Brilliant but i think that's a Monday night game, it would rock the City like a earthquake, I'd even contemplate coming up just for that, despite not having a ticket,
      Palace are up next ,that's a Saturday AM game I believe, So that would be brilliant too, and of course with City after with them giving us a Guard of honour would be the icing on the premier league Trophy.

YNWA
      Benladdie3000
      • Forum Gary McAllister

• 92 posts | 19 
      Reply #82: Feb 03, 2020 06:49:01 pm
      That prem trophy is gonna look mighty fine next to the FA cup too
      ruthcity

• 6,868 posts | 1465 
      Reply #83: Feb 04, 2020 12:14:24 pm
      Its gonna be done at Everton.

Can feel it in me bones. ;D

That’ll be the closest they and Goodison Park will come to experience what it feels like to win something big. :lmao:
      brezipool
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 9,454 posts | 1735 
      • Mon the Red Machine !
      Reply #84: Feb 04, 2020 12:45:10 pm
      That’ll be the closest they and Goodison Park will come to experience what it feels like to win something big. :lmao:

:lmao:
      waltonl4
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 37,585 posts | 7139 
      Re: If we are really GONNA WIN THE LEAGUE then how does it happen for you?
      Reply #85: Feb 09, 2020 06:29:01 pm
      I do! For 30 years we've had to put with endless sh*te about not winning the league.

It's f**king payback time.

Oh yes and there will be lots and lots of it until they are sick of hearing about it
      Aggerdoo
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 3,464 posts | 228 
      Reply #86: Feb 09, 2020 08:13:09 pm
      At Anfield.

At the final whistile - it must be as loud and crazy as this was:

https://www.dailymotion.com/video/x8k35r

waltonl4
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 37,585 posts | 7139 
      Reply #87: Feb 09, 2020 08:47:05 pm
      At Anfield.

At the final whistile - it must be as loud and crazy as this was:

https://www.dailymotion.com/video/x8k35r

mate there will be more people outside the ground than in it I certainly will be there.  I cant even begin to list the very special days at Anfield I have seen since the big Leeds games of the early 70's but this will be the very very best day ever
      scotscouse
      • Forum Neil Ruddock

• 154 posts | 40 
      Reply #88: Feb 09, 2020 10:11:19 pm
      Would it be too selfish of me to want a couple of draws thrown in and for us to win it at home against Burnley on 25th April? It's my birthday so I can get double fu**ed up.

If it's deemed too selfish by you folks I'll withdraw my request. 😉
      [/quotI am in hospitality that game as part of my retirement plans was thinking the same
      Robby The Z
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 9,034 posts | 2690 
      Reply #89: Feb 10, 2020 01:30:13 am
      mate there will be more people outside the ground than in it I certainly will be there.  I cant even begin to list the very special days at Anfield I have seen since the big Leeds games of the early 70's but this will be the very very best day ever

People who are able should make sure you are inside the ground for that game, Walt, whenever it is. Surely the collective on here can make sure of it somehow.
      solodee

• 6,027 posts | 147 
      • Liverpool FC All The Way
      Reply #90: Feb 10, 2020 02:09:18 am
      The earlier the better please...

Crystal palace at Anfield for me.

I'm all keyed-up; butterflies and sh*t.. Too many records to break too; Invincibility record, Millennium points. They all just keep staring me in the face. Even though they are not really our targets.

Enemies already screaming "You'll never be Invincible", " You won't make 100 points". To them, these have become the target this season.
      MIRO
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 12,989 posts | 3124 
      • Trust The Universe
      Reply #91: Feb 10, 2020 02:09:30 am
      How  ?

Stevie lifts it as well.

Quick Reply