Trending Topics

Next match: LFC v Brighton [Premier League] Sun 31st Mar @ 2:00 pm
      Anfield

Today is the 28th of March and on this date LFC's match record is P26 W11 D3 L12

Would You Prefer?

Read 5461 times
      higgy_sham
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 3,264 posts | 796 
      Re: Would You Prefer?
      Reply #23: Jan 21, 2020 08:41:34 am
      I can 100% guarantee he won't, mostly because he's German ;-)

Can still recieve an Honorary Knighthood. ;-)
      andylfcynwa
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 9,318 posts | 1611 
      Reply #24: Jan 21, 2020 08:55:02 am
      But that was going for the quadruple. We did get the league cup that season for the first treble. Or milk cup as it was known then .
      ( I think)
      Wrong year mate that was 84 if your an old c**t like me easy mistake to make 👍
      heimdall
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 13,818 posts | 2724 
      Reply #25: Jan 21, 2020 09:11:08 am
      Can still recieve an Honorary Knighthood. ;-)

That's a fair point like Sir Bob Geldof, or is that just because he's Irish?
      srslfc
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 32,111 posts | 4876 
      Reply #26: Jan 21, 2020 09:26:15 am
      For me it's all about the silverware so I'd happily pass up on the undefeated season and highest points total for the Treble.

Don't get me wrong it would be nice but everyone remembers trophies more than those type of records.
      David Wright
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 5,233 posts | 752 
      Reply #27: Jan 21, 2020 09:30:44 am
      Not greedy settle for the league and Champions League double !
      Pear
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 1,275 posts | 79 
      • Me, i always tell the truth, even when i lie.
      Reply #28: Jan 21, 2020 09:32:54 am
      I dont really care about those highest points, most minutes without conceded goal, undefeated for a season kind of crap, just win the damn league. Now we all agree that CL is the biggest trophy european club could fight for so yeah, i would prefer another CL trophy in the bin, although i would not mind another FA cup trophy, we have not won it for a long time too.
      Trophies are coming boys, better get some more shelves.
      billythered
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 10,821 posts | 4920 
      • From Doubters to Champions of the World
      Reply #29: Jan 21, 2020 09:33:00 am
      Like Huyton Red I'm a Avaricious wee b***ard, I want the f***in lot,

No other team as far as I'm aware have done the f***in lot,

We have history of being a first of doing stuff  so why not again

And ...doing so would allow us to make the biggest cup of "Shut The F**k Up" to all the other clubs & their fans for the rest of Time.....

Cos no other club would/could surpass it,

But I'd settle for No 19 & No 7 quite happily,  that's not being too f***in greedy now is it ?

YNWA
      Pear
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 1,275 posts | 79 
      Reply #30: Jan 21, 2020 09:36:08 am
      Like Huyton Red I'm a Avaricious wee b***ard, I want the f***in lot,

No other team as far as I'm aware have done the f***in lot,

We have history of being a first of doing stuff  so why not again

And ...doing so would allow us to make the biggest cup of "Shut The F**k Up" to all the other clubs & their fans for the rest of Time.....

Cos no other club would/could surpass it,

But I'd settle for No 19 & No 7 quite happily,  that's not being too f***in greedy now is it ?

YNWA
      Hm, number 7, you reckon we could expect number 10 before 2025?
      stuey
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 35,963 posts | 3944 
      Reply #31: Jan 21, 2020 09:59:27 am
      To put this into perspective how many rival managers would bet against our genius boss winning everything in sight?
      TameImpala
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 2,269 posts | 1216 
      • He's five foot seven, he's football heaven
      Reply #32: Jan 21, 2020 10:04:11 am
      As long as we win the league I'd take the European Cup over any domestic records any day of the week.

As good as an achievement Arsenal's undefeated season was, they're not look at as an elite European club because of it, it's just an impressive footnote in history. Seven European cups would put us level with AC Milan as the joint second most successful side in the history of the competition and would put us even further ahead of United in terms of European honours.

It's the biggest prize in club football & now that the league is all but secured that's what we should be focusing our energy on
      skamp
      • Forum Emlyn Hughes

• 834 posts | 306 
      Reply #33: Jan 21, 2020 10:34:38 am
      It's all about trophies at the end of the day; records set are incidental.

Better to win the league with 81 + CL than the league with 112 points undefeated for me.

If we win the league early enough, if we're still in the CL &/or FA cup, pretty sure we'll rotate heavily and likely suffer a few defeats.
      billythered
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 10,821 posts | 4920 
      Reply #34: Jan 21, 2020 10:48:28 am
      Hm, number 7, you reckon we could expect number 10 before 2025?

Yes why the F**k not, what’s your issue with us winning silverware, particularly of the CL variety?

Jürgen signed a contract until 2024, there is absolutely no reason at all he wouldn’t extend that, and there is no reason whatsoever we will not continue to be dominant up to and beyond that point,

I ask you again, give a reason why we wouldn’t/couldn’t ?

YNWA
      bigbob75
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 1,264 posts | 280 
      • Let's talk about six
      Reply #35: Jan 21, 2020 11:01:31 am
      Can't see anyone beating us in CL, so league and number 7 it is then. Just see how the FA cup goes as a bonus  ;D
      Pear
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 1,275 posts | 79 
      Reply #36: Jan 21, 2020 11:35:26 am

Yes why the F**k not, what’s your issue with us winning silverware, particularly of the CL variety?

Jürgen signed a contract until 2024, there is absolutely no reason at all he wouldn’t extend that, and there is no reason whatsoever we will not continue to be dominant up to and beyond that point,

I ask you again, give a reason why we wouldn’t/couldn’t ?

YNWA
      I never said we wouldn't.
      Jimsouse67
      • Forum Legend - Dalglish

• 9,275 posts | 1436 
      Reply #37: Jan 21, 2020 11:37:21 am
      Whilst a record breaking  points tally would be incredible I’d take the league,European cup & F.A cup over that anyday of the week,yeah I’m a greedy tw*t myself so why not?.
      we’ve already got trophy cabinets bursting at the joints so the club cabinet maker best get busy sharpening his chisels & reseting the teeth on his tenon saw cos he’s going to need them & whilst he’s at it he can make us a new perch for our bird to sit on preferably outa something durable like Brazilian mahogany cos we’re going to be there for quite some time.
      billythered
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 10,821 posts | 4920 
      Reply #38: Jan 21, 2020 12:15:42 pm

So why the sarcastic question?

Hm, number 7, you reckon we could expect no 10 before 2025 ?

Sounds as though your doubting our possibilities ! !
      Pear
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 1,275 posts | 79 
      Reply #39: Jan 21, 2020 12:18:12 pm

So why the sarcastic question?

Hm, number 7, you reckon we could expect no 10 before 2025 ?

Sounds as though your doubting our possibilities ! !
      Nope, zero sarcasm there mate, i was honestly wondering could we win couple more CL trophies before Klopps contract runs out.
      billythered
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 10,821 posts | 4920 
      Reply #40: Jan 21, 2020 12:24:10 pm
      Nope, zero sarcasm there mate, i was honestly wondering could we win couple more CL trophies before Klopps contract runs out.

Fairy Muff mate, but your original post looks like you were doubting our possibilities, and yes it is possible we could win multiple CL’s, along with EPL Titles, and why not ?

YNWA
      Pear
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 1,275 posts | 79 
      Reply #41: Jan 21, 2020 12:32:38 pm

Fairy Muff mate, but your original post looks like you were doubting our possibilities, and yes it is possible we could win multiple CL’s, along with EPL Titles, and why not ?

YNWA
      "fairy muff" ? :D
      Even if i was delusional, pessimistic schizophrenic i wouldn't mind our possibilities at this moment, we are playing probably best football we ever played and possibilities are endless and bright as far as i can see.
      PGlynn91
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 4,601 posts | 295 
      • To win just once...
      Reply #42: Jan 21, 2020 12:49:55 pm
      We have basically won the Premier League lets be honest.

It would be brilliant to stay unbeaten and also achieve 100 plus points. But come April if the title is decided mathematically and we are still in the hunt for the UCL, I would be happy to sacrifise a league game if it meant resting players to win our 7th European Cup.

This team is special but things can change quickly and while we are the best in Europe that should remain a priority also.
      TameImpala
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 2,269 posts | 1216 
      • He's five foot seven, he's football heaven
      Reply #43: Jan 21, 2020 01:55:02 pm
      I'd actually take the league & a Champions League final with no guarantee of winning over an unbeaten season.

There is absolutely no better feeling than waking up early on a Saturday afternoon knowing that later that day you're team is playing in the European Cup final. The last two have been incredible, getting up, struggling to chew your breakfast due to your stomach doing somersaults over what's about to come, meeting your mates at midday for a few pints, seeing the city draped in red, singing for hours on end, the joy of seeing your team score in the biggest game in club football... And I didn't even attend either of these games, so I can only imagine what it must have been like for the people who were actually there.

That's what football's about, I wouldn't swap those occasions for any record
      Robby The Z
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 9,034 posts | 2690 
      Reply #44: Jan 21, 2020 03:03:45 pm
      Everything that is being discussed here, the multiple trophies this season, the repeating as champions and maintaining this kind of form over the next 4-5 years, is all very, very difficult. In England particularly it has been hard for teams to stay on top.

To do any of those things, let alone all of them, is a very daunting task. It just is.

But with this group that Jürgen Klopp and friends have put together, grown, led, etc., it is an entirely realistic possibility. Nothing in this world stands still (except maybe United defenders) so the challenges and degree of difficulty will continue to increase, but what a joy to watch as Liverpool continue meeting those challenges. The prizes for the rest of this season and beyond aren't already done, but we have every chance to win them.
      HUYTON RED
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 39,948 posts | 8458 
      Reply #45: Jan 21, 2020 05:25:23 pm
      Reckon Jürgen would get knighted if we did?

I reckon him being German, he won't give a shiney sh*te about a knighthood.

Quick Reply