Trending Topics

Next match: LFC v Brighton [Premier League] Sun 31st Mar @ 2:00 pm
      Anfield

Today is the 28th of March and on this date LFC's match record is P26 W11 D3 L12

Would You Prefer?

Read 5455 times
      billythered
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 10,821 posts | 4920 
      • From Doubters to Champions of the World
      Re: Would You Prefer?
      Reply #46: Jan 21, 2020 05:34:09 pm
      Reckon Jürgen would get knighted if we did?

Yep, and have the ceremony performed by one of his distant cousins   :f_whistle:

BOSS THA !

YNWA
      dunlop liddell shankly
      • 2009 LFC quiz champion (now to be known as "Kate")
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 20,954 posts | 3334 
      Reply #47: Jan 21, 2020 05:46:06 pm
      I probably should of stated it weren't a genuine question regarding Klopp and a knighthood.
      fields of anny rd
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 17,663 posts | 1961 
      Reply #48: Jan 21, 2020 06:50:57 pm
      A treble of League, European Cup and FA Cup would be nice.

But then again I'm a greedy c**t!

A Pentuple of League, European Cup, FA Cup, World Champions Club Cup and Super Cup will do for me.

Whether we win the league by 30 points or +1 goal difference is no odds to me, but I am very hungry to get trophies in the cabinet.

Argument to start resting players and getting others on 10 games and therefore qualified for a league medal should we get the league wrapped up sharpish.
      HUYTON RED
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 39,947 posts | 8458 
      Reply #49: Jan 21, 2020 07:12:21 pm
      A Pentuple of League, European Cup, FA Cup, World Champions Club Cup and Super Cup will do for me.

Whether we win the league by 30 points or +1 goal difference is no odds to me, but I am very hungry to get trophies in the cabinet.

Argument to start resting players and getting others on 10 games and therefore qualified for a league medal should we get the league wrapped up sharpish.

I think that 10 games needed for a league medal has been scrapped, remember Leicester had players on loan who ended up getting a medal at the trophy presentation against Everton.
      tezmac
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 11,111 posts | 896 
      • F**k the Sun F**k Murdoch F**k the press
      Reply #50: Jan 21, 2020 07:33:48 pm
      Win the league and as early as possible then see were we go
      AussieRed
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 20,583 posts | 6643 
      • You'll Never Walk Alone
      Reply #51: Jan 21, 2020 10:55:54 pm
      Let's not lose a game or drop points or ties for the rest of the Season and see what lands in the kitty.

king kenny
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 3,111 posts | 441 
      Reply #52: Jan 22, 2020 12:42:13 am
      I'd prefer the Champions league after winning which surely is as close to being in the bag as it gets.  Then the FA Cup.  I think we need to fill the that trophy cabinet where supply has been short for far too long.  Yes agree that undefeated is something which will be remembered if attached to the league through time but it will be for this season only.   I think the undefeated record is miles away yet we have 16 games left and with the way things are going we could win the league with 6,7 or even more games remaining.  And then do we prioritise just for the record or go for Europe or and FA cup.  For me Silverware is the currency of greatness.   

Whilst the undefeated record is better than the Man City points tally,  I would like to beat that one more.  Because they are a plastic club that made records that any club could have with the oil money pumped into them.  I mean it could be Rotherham utd or Mk Dons or even dare I say Everton.  End of the day their history is based on the oil money without that that record does not exist.  At least with Arsenal they are proper club.  Plus with even near enough half a season to go this team is miles ahead of the invincible team in every aspect.  So a defeat might not gives the record but in every other aspect this team wins hands down.   More wins more points....etc.
      RC9
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 9,874 posts | 805 
      • Formerly known as Vtorres, Vsuarez, and Vsterling.
      Reply #53: Jan 22, 2020 12:55:39 am
      Simple for me really, retain the CL and win the PL trophy, retaining the CL is a massive achievement in itself but to do it along with winning the PL F**k me, we would have to be recognised as one of the best teams in PL history for that feat.

Would love to get the unbeaten record in there to shut Arsenal fans up, not really fussed about any of the others.
      alex1995
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 2,185 posts | 165 
      Reply #54: Jan 22, 2020 06:03:21 am
      Highest point total and CL winners would be fantastic. It does not matter if you get defeated because you played your B team to be European Champion again. It would make this team the best in English football history IMO. I don't mind losing an odd game this season.
      sms1986
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 1,182 posts | 453 
      Reply #55: Jan 22, 2020 09:58:15 am
      I think that 10 games needed for a league medal has been scrapped, remember Leicester had players on loan who ended up getting a medal at the trophy presentation against Everton.

I think it's been lowered to five now.
      heimdall
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 13,818 posts | 2724 
      Reply #56: Jan 22, 2020 01:19:05 pm

So why the sarcastic question?

Hm, number 7, you reckon we could expect no 10 before 2025 ?

Sounds as though your doubting our possibilities ! !

I didn't read that as sarcasm to be honest.
      bmck
      • Forum Legend - Dalglish

• 9,404 posts | 1611 
      • YNWA
      Reply #57: Jan 22, 2020 01:37:40 pm
      Trophies come first, so get the PL in the bag - until then, everything else is secondary imho.
      Have been enjoying the CL but focusing on the PL, but if [big IF] we did manage to wrap up the PL before end of season, CL would probably then become the priority. In which case maybe Jürgen might rest guys in the PL in prep for CL games, so the league record of unbeaten games might slip, am OK with that.
      FA cup next.
      Records are nice, but a means to an end, which is silverware.
      billythered
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 10,821 posts | 4920 
      • From Doubters to Champions of the World
      Reply #58: Jan 22, 2020 01:42:12 pm
      I didn't read that as sarcasm to be honest.

Got your big spoon out again heimy I see, your Wummery is blatant !!
      Tayls

• 5,378 posts | 510 
      Reply #59: Jan 22, 2020 01:46:34 pm
      I'd love to be in a third CL final in three years and retain it, sure, but I'll take an unbeaten season and FA cup double thank you very much.

Its great us fans can get completely carried away with it all safe in the knowledge there's zero chance of any complacency amongst the squad and manager. I LOVE it
      ConzS
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 4,321 posts | 1016 
      Reply #60: Jan 22, 2020 02:35:12 pm
      In all honesty I’d be surprised if we weren’t in the Champions League final. Just can’t see anyone beating us over 2 legs.
      bmck

• 9,404 posts | 1611 
      • YNWA
      Reply #61: Jan 22, 2020 03:16:41 pm
      In all honesty I’d be surprised if we weren’t in the Champions League final. Just can’t see anyone beating us over 2 legs.

Would be nice if was us vs Madrid in the final, with us beating the fucksticks and Mo scoring the winner, wheeling away in front of fouling shitbag Ramos...
      clint_call01
      • King Live Match Starter
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 11,659 posts | 3670 
      • Ynwa... lfc till I die !
      Reply #62: Jan 22, 2020 03:18:56 pm
      I'm after trophies so League (do not care about records) then UCL then FA Cup.
      HUYTON RED
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 39,947 posts | 8458 
      Reply #63: Jan 22, 2020 05:55:46 pm
      Would be nice if was us vs Madrid in the final, with us beating the fucksticks and Mo scoring the winner, wheeling away in front of fouling shitbag Ramos...

I want them beforehand over two legs, get that shithouse Ramos in front of the Kop.
      bmck

• 9,404 posts | 1611 
      • YNWA
      Reply #64: Jan 22, 2020 05:56:56 pm
      I want them beforehand over two legs, get that shithouse Ramos in front of the Kop.

That does sound like a better plan :)
      Robby The Z
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 9,034 posts | 2690 
      Reply #65: Feb 18, 2020 06:54:48 pm
      Just read in The Athletic that Ajax 1994-95 is the only team to win its league title going undefeated while also winning the European Cup.

Never happened before or since...but it could happen this year. Tonight a big step forward to that stratospheric goal!

Quick Reply