Trending Topics

Next match: LFC v Brighton [Premier League] Sun 31st Mar @ 2:00 pm
      Anfield

Today is the 29th of March and on this date LFC's match record is P24 W11 D6 L7

Pre-Match: Wolverhampton V Liverpool (23/01/20 - 20:00)

Read 6674 times
      Robby The Z
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • Started Topic
      • 9,034 posts | 2690 
      Pre-Match: Wolverhampton V Liverpool (23/01/20 - 20:00)
      Jan 21, 2020 04:13:56 pm
      Alright everyone, back to the task at hand. Tough away fixture against a team and manager that have shown a lot of positive signs since winning promotion. It's a classic letdown match for us, but the team have shown the uncanny ability to resist such emotional oversight.

I expect no changes - as in zero - to the starting XI. Rotation will come at the weekend at Shrewsbury.

Are you all ready to get back to the grindstone?

« Last Edit: Jan 23, 2020 06:25:58 pm by JD »
      bigbob75
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 1,264 posts | 280 
      • Let's talk about six
      Re: Pre-Match: Wolverhampton V Liverpool (23/01/20 - 20:00)
      Reply #1: Jan 21, 2020 04:33:25 pm
      Not expecting it to be too tough as we’ll be far too strong for the opponent again.
      Haven’t lost yet so not expecting to Thursday.

0-3 and still on the charge  :kop5cf8koxp6:
      PGlynn91
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 4,601 posts | 295 
      • To win just once...
      Reply #2: Jan 21, 2020 04:36:21 pm
      Not expecting it to be too tough as we’ll be far too strong for the opponent again.
      Haven’t lost yet so not expecting to Thursday.

0-3 and still on the charge  :kop5cf8koxp6:
      Tricky game. Wolves are excellent at home and very good against the top sides. They also performed very well at Anfield.

bigbob75
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 1,264 posts | 280 
      • Let's talk about six
      Reply #3: Jan 21, 2020 04:44:28 pm
      Tricky game. Wolves are excellent at home and very good against the top sides. They also performed very well at Anfield.

Get what you’re saying mate but have a feeling we’re going to find another gear if that’s possible and run a few more teams ragged towards the title.

We’re too strong for everyone and I think Wolves will feel it Thursday  ;)
      glennusmc
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 5,639 posts | 449 
      Reply #4: Jan 21, 2020 04:49:04 pm
      Wolves in last 8 home games, 4-3-1.

Another tough game that’s for sure.
      Boston not la
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 3,564 posts | 766 
      Reply #5: Jan 21, 2020 04:52:14 pm
      Not a good time for this one,Wolves are playing some good football.They'll take an early lead,we equalize with 15 to go then score 2 more in the last 5 minutes, ;). cue pitch invasion!
      bigbob75
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 1,264 posts | 280 
      • Let's talk about six
      Reply #6: Jan 21, 2020 05:59:13 pm
      Not a good time for this one,Wolves are playing some good football.They'll take an early lead,we equalize with 15 to go then score 2 more in the last 5 minutes, ;). cue pitch invasion!

Not a good time for them  ;)

Swab
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 13,361 posts | 3462 
      Reply #7: Jan 21, 2020 06:24:07 pm
      We're at the stage of the season now when fatigue starts to his teams who don't rotate much.

Little niggling injuries amongst a lot of players, that little bit less gas in the tank because they have to fight harder for every point.

I think they'll put on a decent show for 60-70 mins, then the hectic schedule of xmas and NY will catch up with them a little bit.

It doesn't need to be a lot, a drop of a few percent in terms of sharpness see's us win this comfortably.
      glennusmc
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 5,639 posts | 449 
      Reply #8: Jan 21, 2020 06:55:44 pm
      I agree with JD, this will be tougher then the Man Utd game. I’m  Enjoying an incredible season, but my nerves are not.
      Harrisimo
      • Forum Legend - Dalglish

• 7,973 posts | 1356 
      Reply #9: Jan 21, 2020 07:39:11 pm
      I agree with JD, this will be tougher then the Man Utd game. I’m  Enjoying an incredible season, but my nerves are not.

Yeah and they will fancy their chances. NES will send his men out telling them we are beatable. So it will be another hard test but we are not going out thinking teams will just lie down, we are prepared for a tough game.The right approach is vital for these games.Hard but as long as we go about our business with our usual determination and mentality 3 points should be ours.

1-3
      rossyred

• 9,096 posts | 1637 
      Reply #10: Jan 21, 2020 07:54:25 pm
      We're at the stage of the season now when fatigue starts to his teams who don't rotate much.

Little niggling injuries amongst a lot of players, that little bit less gas in the tank because they have to fight harder for every point.

I think they'll put on a decent show for 60-70 mins, then the hectic schedule of xmas and NY will catch up with them a little bit.

It doesn't need to be a lot, a drop of a few percent in terms of sharpness see's us win this comfortably.

They have also had an extra game with FA cup replay which they looked very ordinary in both games and played near full strength.  I agree may be tight but expect us to come on stronger in second half
      billythered
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 10,822 posts | 4920 
      • From Doubters to Champions of the World
      Reply #11: Jan 21, 2020 09:31:18 pm
      I’d rank this match as one of the toughest of the season, Wolverines are a very good side and are not afraid to stick to their guns and have a real go, especially on their own patch, they have good balance, quality all over the pitch and the players like our own will give their all for their manager,

Having said that, our quality will see us through but this will be one hell of a tough match, I can see at least one change from the Munts match, I think we’ll see Fabinho reunited with the No6 role.....

........                  Allison
               Trent  Gomez Virgil Robertson
                                Fabinho
                    Hendo.                Gini
               Salah.        Bobby.         Mane

The Ox has done Nothing wrong, I just think we’ve missed Fabinho and feel we are more solid with him rather than without, and, it will allow Hendo to go forward and link up with the three magicians up front,

Can see this being a real tight affair, but one which we scrape through by the odd goal.

1-2 Champions Elect

YNWA
      andylfcynwa
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 9,318 posts | 1611 
      Reply #12: Jan 21, 2020 09:42:59 pm
      I’d rank this match as one of the toughest of the season, Wolverines are a very good side and are not afraid to stick to their guns and have a real go, especially on their own patch, they have good balance, quality all over the pitch and the players like our own will give their all for their manager,

Having said that, our quality will see us through but this will be one hell of a tough match, I can see at least one change from the Munts match, I think we’ll see Fabinho reunited with the No6 role.....

........                  Allison
               Trent  Gomez Virgil Robertson
                                Fabinho
                    Hendo.                Gini
               Salah.        Bobby.         Mane

The Ox has done Nothing wrong, I just think we’ve missed Fabinho and feel we are more solid with him rather than without, and, it will allow Hendo to go forward and link up with the three magicians up front,

Can see this being a real tight affair, but one which we scrape through by the odd goal.

1-2 Champions Elect

YNWA

One could argue we’ve been more solid without Fabinho as we have kept seven clean ones on the bounce , in fact I’d say he hadn’t been missed , which is more of a credit to the others than a sleight on him .
      heimdall
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 13,818 posts | 2724 
      Reply #13: Jan 21, 2020 09:45:37 pm
      I think this could be similar to the Leicester game, I think Wolves are running on empty a bit and won't cope with our high energy, they are a good team though but so are Leicester.
      Klopps Snood
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 1,634 posts | 1560 
      • CHAMPI9NS
      Reply #14: Jan 21, 2020 09:54:31 pm
      I think Wolves will come out the traps guns blazing, they'll be keen to get us on the back foot and score, but we're far too experienced for that and will keep them at bay, first 15 mins are crucial, after then we'll start to take control and they won't be able to live with us, another 3 points in the bag come thursday evening, bring it on  :kop5cf8koxp6: :kop5cf8koxp6: :kop5cf8koxp6:
      redtiler
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 1,101 posts | 125 
      Reply #15: Jan 21, 2020 10:28:24 pm
      I think Wolves will come out the traps guns blazing, they'll be keen to get us on the back foot and score, but we're far too experienced for that and will keep them at bay, first 15 mins are crucial, after then we'll start to take control and they won't be able to live with us, another 3 points in the bag come thursday evening, bring it on  :kop5cf8koxp6: :kop5cf8koxp6: :kop5cf8koxp6:

I hope that JK takes it to them, we need to show their mids and defenders from the start, we need to take it to them from the off
      That will change thier plan
      Klopps Snood
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 1,634 posts | 1560 
      • CHAMPI9NS
      Reply #16: Jan 21, 2020 10:35:35 pm
      I hope that JK takes it to them, we need to show their mids and defenders from the start, we need to take it to them from the off
      That will change thier plan

We probably will redtiler, we normally do start off from the traps in full flow, however the game starts, I just think we'll keep our cool and they'll get frustated as the game goes on, the crowd will get on their backs and our superiority will show through and we'll run out eventual winners  8)
      AussieRed
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 20,583 posts | 6643 
      • You'll Never Walk Alone
      Reply #17: Jan 21, 2020 11:05:41 pm
      Take your chances lads, my heart needs a rest!!

Put this one to bed early.
      Robby The Z
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • Started Topic
      • 9,034 posts | 2690 
      Reply #18: Jan 21, 2020 11:30:19 pm
      Fabinho will be in the team soon enough, but I thing Jürgen will wait for the Cup match on Sunday to give him a start, and then we'll see him back in the lineup going forward.
      shabbadoo
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 29,420 posts | 4581 
      Reply #19: Jan 21, 2020 11:53:54 pm
      All I ask is for 3 points.. 🙏🏼
      king kenny
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 3,111 posts | 441 
      Reply #20: Jan 22, 2020 02:20:45 am
      I'd say this is on paper the 2nd hardest game remaining so just get 3 points.
      Jimsouse67

• 9,275 posts | 1436 
      Reply #21: Jan 22, 2020 09:22:18 am
      Think this will be a tough match at molly,they are a very good side with some great players  and a great manager who  I’ve got a lot of time for  ( a real class act),think our quality will see us over the line though so I’m going for 1-3 myself but 3 points in any shape or form will do.
      TameImpala
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 2,269 posts | 1216 
      • He's five foot seven, he's football heaven
      Reply #22: Jan 22, 2020 09:39:23 am
      As may others have said, would take 3 points by any means necessary for this one.

Was hoping we'd knock a few past United but this is a much tougher fixture in my opinion, so I'd be extremely happy as long as we just get over the line
      heimdall
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 13,818 posts | 2724 
      Reply #23: Jan 22, 2020 10:46:50 am
      As may others have said, would take 3 points by any means necessary for this one.

Was hoping we'd knock a few past United but this is a much tougher fixture in my opinion, so I'd be extremely happy as long as we just get over the line

I disagree, I think the Utd match was tougher, in large part because of the rivalry and history between us.
      Wolves are a good team but have almost zero squad depth and those players have been run ragged, especially through December and January with hardly any break. If we go high energy then no way will they be able to cope over 90 minutes, plus if we neutralise Adama then that is 75% of the threat gone and with Joe and Virgil we have the speed to match him.

Should be a good game.
      TameImpala
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 2,269 posts | 1216 
      • He's five foot seven, he's football heaven
      Reply #24: Jan 22, 2020 11:10:18 am
      I disagree, I think the Utd match was tougher, in large part because of the rivalry and history between us.
      Wolves are a good team but have almost zero squad depth and those players have been run ragged, especially through December and January with hardly any break. If we go high energy then no way will they be able to cope over 90 minutes, plus if we neutralise Adama then that is 75% of the threat gone and with Joe and Virgil we have the speed to match him.

Should be a good game.

I think this Utd game was different than others. With it being at Anfield, everyone was almost unanimously certain we give them a pasting and I think the players would have been going into the game with their confidence high. Not to forget that Utd had their top scorer and Pogba both sidelined.

Wolves played very well at Anfield and we just about managed to come through with the win, albeit the match came at a time when we had a very packed fixture schedule.

I think Thursday will be a lot harder than Sunday
      shabbadoo
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 29,420 posts | 4581 
      Reply #25: Jan 22, 2020 12:07:30 pm
      With a 13 point lead and two games in hand I find myself still sweating.. 🥴

Nervous as F**k.
      Mickred
      • Forum John Barnes

• 413 posts | 53 
      Reply #26: Jan 22, 2020 01:09:54 pm
      I think this could be tricky, but can see us winning 1-2.

YNWA
      Hasty Lover
      • Forum Gary McAllister

• 92 posts |
      Reply #27: Jan 22, 2020 01:10:14 pm
      I've refrained so far from calling the league, mostly because I couldn't bare to live with some of my Manc mates if things go wrong. But if we can get through the next 3 league games without dropping point Wolves, West Ham, Southampton during a pretty congested month, I may let my guard down a bit, as from then on it starts to become very difficult to predict where we lose so many points.

I tried to predict the most realistic 3 teams we may lose against and 4 draws to make up the points difference. Tomorrow is one of our biggest hurdles. Get passed this your looking at losing to the blueshite, city and Chelsea. Drawing both west ham games, arsenal and palace. That's with city winning every game as well. Other than city and possibly Chelsea, I think this is our most challenging game
      SM
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 3,583 posts | 400 
      Reply #28: Jan 22, 2020 01:56:36 pm

Nervous as f**k.

You and me both Shabs, I am 100% denying myself the celebration of winning the league - I celebrate every game but just that nothing more!

Robby The Z
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • Started Topic
      • 9,034 posts | 2690 
      Reply #29: Jan 22, 2020 02:18:11 pm
      Fabinho will be in the team soon enough, but I thing Jürgen will wait for the Cup match on Sunday to give him a start, and then we'll see him back in the lineup going forward.

Klopp's presser this morning, he doesn't sound like Fab will be starting Thursday.

Shaqiri still not in training, same with Milner and Naby Keita.

Matip and Lovren should both be good to go from the start for the Cup match Sunday.
      Swab
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 13,361 posts | 3462 
      Reply #30: Jan 22, 2020 02:19:22 pm
      One could argue we’ve been more solid without Fabinho as we have kept seven clean ones on the bounce , in fact I’d say he hadn’t been missed , which is more of a credit to the others than a sleight on him .

I think that might be one of those misleading stats though.

There was a stat that showed we won more points without Gerrard than we did when he was in the team.

That said, Fabinho plays the deeper role differently to Henderson, and steps up more quickly than Henderson does, which in turn leaves space to exploit if the opponents win the ball back or he doesn't win it having stepped up.
      I'd also say his awareness and positioning are not quite as good as Hendersons yet.

It's no big deal, he brings plenty to the side and it's all stuff he can learn easily enough.
      When he's fully fit, I'd rather have Fabinho in the deeper role, and Henderson supporting TAA on the right (Gini supporting Robertson on the left). I think it's gives us more options, and allows TAA a bit more freedom to attack.
      bmck

• 9,404 posts | 1611 
      • YNWA
      Reply #31: Jan 22, 2020 03:13:40 pm
      Matip and Lovren should both be good to go from the start for the Cup match Sunday.

Would be great to have them back, and give the other 2 lads a rest in the Cup game.
      ruthcity

• 6,868 posts | 1465 
      Reply #32: Jan 22, 2020 03:43:47 pm

Nervous as f**k.

You and me both Shabs, I am 100% denying myself the celebration of winning the league - I celebrate every game but just that nothing more!

This is what self destruction in those nearly seasons have done to us. Sometimes we need to acknowledge that we're damn bloody good and are no longer leaking goals like those nearly seasons. There's no longer a tinge of us surrendering three nil leads. That said, let's not be arrogant or cocky. But yes there are good reasons to be more confident. Less nerves and fear.
      MIRO
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 12,989 posts | 3124 
      • Trust The Universe
      Reply #33: Jan 22, 2020 03:58:03 pm
      Tricky one this.
      Wolves play some good sh*t.

Still fancy to keep the win run going.
      andylfcynwa
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 9,318 posts | 1611 
      Reply #34: Jan 22, 2020 04:27:19 pm
      I think that might be one of those misleading stats though.

There was a stat that showed we won more points without Gerrard than we did when he was in the team.

That said, Fabinho plays the deeper role differently to Henderson, and steps up more quickly than Henderson does, which in turn leaves space to exploit if the opponents win the ball back or he doesn't win it having stepped up.
      I'd also say his awareness and positioning are not quite as good as Hendersons yet.

It's no big deal, he brings plenty to the side and it's all stuff he can learn easily enough.
      When he's fully fit, I'd rather have Fabinho in the deeper role, and Henderson supporting TAA on the right (Gini supporting Robertson on the left). I think it's gives us more options, and allows TAA a bit more freedom to attack.
      I think it says a lot for the team that he wasn’t missed as much as fans thought he would be , on the clean sheets I think they have more to do with Joe back in partnership with Virgil , think they make a hell of a pair of centre backs , speed and power ,
      verde-rubro
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 1,952 posts | 217 
      Reply #35: Jan 22, 2020 04:37:02 pm

Nervous as f**k.

X2
      verde-rubro
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 1,952 posts | 217 
      Reply #36: Jan 22, 2020 04:37:34 pm
      They are going to want revenge from the Anfield result. We must start taking the chances and put the game to bed early
      Swab
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 13,361 posts | 3462 
      Reply #37: Jan 22, 2020 06:12:01 pm
      I think it says a lot for the team that he wasn’t missed as much as fans thought he would be , on the clean sheets I think they have more to do with Joe back in partnership with Virgil , think they make a hell of a pair of centre backs , speed and power ,

Not forgetting Alisson back in goal.
      bmck

• 9,404 posts | 1611 
      • YNWA
      Reply #38: Jan 22, 2020 06:46:36 pm
      Jürgen can get another look at Traore.
      For me he is a guy that could play in a front three.
      More of a traditional winger right now for Wolves, but showed against Citeh last season I think [when he got the 2 goals] that he has pace, power and can deffo finish.
      Maybe doesn't have the quick feet of our lads, but has other attributes.
      Who would've thought Mane would be rated as highly as he is now when we first signed him from Southampton.
      And he end product is better than it was, has shown he can improve.
      Never know ...
      HUYTON RED
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 39,958 posts | 8459 
      Reply #39: Jan 22, 2020 08:44:40 pm
      Get 3 points out of this game and we'll have broken the back of that xmas/jan period superbly.
      Benito
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 2,918 posts | 281 
      Reply #40: Jan 22, 2020 11:16:22 pm
      One of the hardest games we’ve got left. We better have our shooting boots on.
      AussieRed
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 20,583 posts | 6643 
      • You'll Never Walk Alone
      Reply #41: Jan 23, 2020 01:15:03 am

Nervous as f**k.

You not the only one Brother. The words keep ringing in my ears, "This is Liverpool, we don't do things the easy way"!!! That's why till it's official, I'm keeping a lid on it!

Get 3 points out of this game and we'll have broken the back of that xmas/jan period superbly.

Spot on mate have said all along 6 games post Christmas were gonna be massive and really tough 5/5 so far, let's make it a clean sweep tomorrow!

crouchinho
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 42,508 posts | 2620 
      • TU TA LOUCO? FILHO DA PUTA!
      Reply #42: Jan 23, 2020 04:38:46 am
      Dead confident. Wolves have flattered to deceive a little, lately. Winless in their previous five before a burst of life against Southampton got them out of it.

Same team that started against the Mancs and i reckon the front three will be bang on to make up for all of their missed chances lately. A three or four goal margin to the good guys.
      adammac
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 4,757 posts | 239 
      • Heart As Big As Liverpool
      Reply #43: Jan 23, 2020 05:17:50 am
      I would start the same XI as we did with Spurs/Manure, Ox has played well enough that we don't need to force Fabinho back who I would expect to come off the bench and then start in the FA Cup on the weekend.

I can understand based on Wolves form the past few games how it could be a easier match but I do think Wolves will get themselves up for this as they have to be looking at 4th being up for grabs given the poor run of form Chelsea has hit. Our defending will be asked questions during this game but if we can take our chances unlike the last couple game we will make things a lot easier on ourselves.

-------------Alisson--------------
      TAA----Gomez-----VvD----Robbo
      ----Ox-------Hendo------Gini---
      --Salah------Firmino------Mane

Subs: Adrian, Matip, Lovren, Fabinho, Lallana, Minamino, Origi
      GeorgeRed
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 3,590 posts | 324 
      Reply #44: Jan 23, 2020 06:37:30 am
      Our toughest test in my opinion, if we get over it i think we will finish the season unbeaten.
      Billy1
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 10,638 posts | 1966 
      Reply #45: Jan 23, 2020 06:49:43 am
      I have every faith that OUR REDS will beat Wolves and continue with our winning ways.We will respect Wolves and then go out on the pitch and show them how to play the game.
      crouchinho
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 42,508 posts | 2620 
      • TU TA LOUCO? FILHO DA PUTA!
      Reply #46: Jan 23, 2020 07:24:31 am
      Our toughest test in my opinion, if we get over it i think we will finish the season unbeaten.

City will absolutely give it all their bollocks we don’t achieve that. That’s tougher than going to a mid-table side.
      David Wright
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 5,237 posts | 752 
      Reply #47: Jan 23, 2020 10:05:42 am
      2  1 for the Reds, in a tough game at Wolves.
      6stringer
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 2,051 posts | 517 
      Reply #48: Jan 23, 2020 11:21:31 am
      Tough physical game ahead tonight...

Then I cast my mind back to the way I felt before the Leicester game.... and look what we did there.

If we can dominate possession and punish them when we get the chances then I don't see why we can't gather the 3 points and move on.

I've never doubted this team... and I don't see why I should start now.
      Dadorious

• 9,882 posts | 1545 
      Reply #49: Jan 23, 2020 12:02:52 pm
      Tough one this I’ll take any old win.
      shabbadoo
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 29,420 posts | 4581 
      Reply #50: Jan 23, 2020 12:10:23 pm
      Hopefully we all revisit this thread after tonight & say..what the F**k were we panicking for..🙏🏼🤲🏻👊🏼😎😁
      Roddenberry
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 16,568 posts | 1876 
      Reply #51: Jan 23, 2020 12:12:55 pm
      Hopefully we all revisit this thread after tonight & say..what the F**k were we panicking for..🙏🏼🤲🏻👊🏼😎😁

Doesn't  this one get locked?  ;) :f_whistle: >:D :angel:
      FATKOPITE10
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 14,342 posts | 3368 
      • Liverpool fc give me tourettes
      Reply #52: Jan 23, 2020 12:36:37 pm
      Most nervous i have been all season
      Scottbot

• 9,542 posts | 2135 
      Reply #53: Jan 23, 2020 12:44:07 pm
      This lot we’re lucky at Anfield last month so it’ll be a tough game no doubt. I still fancy us to win but if we drew the game it wouldn’t be the end if the world. Reckon we’ll win it 1-0 with bobby getting the winner in the2nd half.
      ruthcity

• 6,868 posts | 1465 
      Reply #54: Jan 23, 2020 02:07:01 pm
      30 more points to win it. One point or three points - anything that causes this number to tumble works for me. Just creep nearer.

Even city dropping points in the future will cause this number to fall. Good news is this number will not increase. Never mind our point gap with City or Leicester.
      sms1986
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 1,182 posts | 453 
      Reply #55: Jan 23, 2020 03:29:14 pm
      From the BBC -

Head-to-head

Wolves have won just one of the 11 Premier League meetings and have lost the last six, scoring just once in those games.

The Reds haven't lost away against Wolves in league competition since August 1981.

The only three players to score a Premier League goal for Wolves against Liverpool are Kenny Miller, Stephen Ward and Steven Fletcher. Miller's was the only one scored at Molineux.

Wolverhampton Wanderers

Wolves have earned 18 points from losing positions in the Premier League this season, seven more than any other team.

They have led for just 305 minutes in the top flight this campaign, the least amount of any side. In contrast, Liverpool have led for the most: 1,160 minutes.

Since the beginning of last season, only Liverpool and Manchester City have managed more points against established top-six opposition than Wolves, who have taken 24.

Nuno Espirito Santo's side are unbeaten in their past seven home evening kick-offs in the Premier League (7pm or later), winning five and drawing two.

Wolves have scored 68% of their league goals after half-time since the start of last season, the highest proportion of any current top-flight side.

They have conceded the first goal in a league-high 16 games this season, including each of the last seven.

Liverpool

Liverpool have taken 91 points from the past 93 available in the Premier League.

A win or draw on Thursday would mean Liverpool become only the fifth team in the history of the English Football League to go 40 or more league games undefeated, after Nottingham Forest (42, 1977-78), Arsenal (49, 2003-04), Chelsea (40, 2004-05) and Huddersfield Town (43, 2011).

They have kept a clean sheet in all seven league fixtures since Joe Gomez returned to the starting line-up on 7 December. The Reds had kept two clean sheets in their opening 15 league matches of the campaign.

The Reds could equal their club top-flight record of eight successive clean sheets, set from December 1922 to March 1923 and matched from October to December 2005.

They have won each of their last eight evening kick-offs in the Premier League (7pm or later), scoring 31 goals in these games and conceding just six.
      Klopps Snood
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 1,634 posts | 1560 
      • CHAMPI9NS
      Reply #56: Jan 23, 2020 03:35:07 pm
      So are we on TV tonight guys?
      Robby The Z
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • Started Topic
      • 9,034 posts | 2690 
      Reply #57: Jan 23, 2020 03:40:19 pm
      Most nervous i have been all season

It's a tough game for sure and probably the most likely we've been (on paper) to drop points since Leicester away, but it's also a great opportunity. Our two games in hand are tonight and next Wednesday. If we can win these two, that's a 19-point lead with 14 matches to go. This team has been so focused, so driven, we just need for them to continue combining total grit and battle with superior footballing ability. Yes Wolves have some players to be wary of, but we are the match for any of them.

Excited for the privilege of watching Liverpool Football Club in action tonight. Let's move on to the Premier League end game.

(edit: It was skamp who pointed out these numbers on another thread - forgot where I had read it).

« Last Edit: Jan 23, 2020 04:21:11 pm by Robby The Z »
      bigbob75
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 1,264 posts | 280 
      • Let's talk about six
      Reply #58: Jan 23, 2020 03:47:30 pm

BT sport i believe
      higgy_sham
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 3,264 posts | 796 
      Reply #59: Jan 23, 2020 03:48:34 pm

BT Sports 1.
      Klopps Snood
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 1,634 posts | 1560 
      • CHAMPI9NS
      Reply #60: Jan 23, 2020 04:09:22 pm
      Cheers Bob and Higgy  ;D
      molbys belly
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 1,537 posts | 123 
      Reply #61: Jan 23, 2020 04:19:48 pm
      Wolves pitch will suit us to a tee . Funny feeling were gonna smash them . 5-0
      to the redmen
      Ynwa
      heimdall
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 13,818 posts | 2724 
      Reply #62: Jan 23, 2020 04:46:02 pm

Oh come on, don't be ridiculous, the City and Leicester games were tougher. Wolves are a good side but there is a reason why they are not challenging us for the title and are instead struggling to get into the Europa league places.
      WeAreMenOfShanklysBest
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 396 posts | 114 
      • up the reds
      Reply #63: Jan 23, 2020 04:47:16 pm
      Van dijk chest infection the word around twitter, not sure how true it is though.
      heimdall
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 13,818 posts | 2724 
      Reply #64: Jan 23, 2020 04:51:20 pm
      Van dijk chest infection the word around twitter, not sure how true it is though.

Good job we've got Matip and Lovren back then, we may concede so we'll just have to ensure we outscore Wolves.
      glennusmc
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 5,639 posts | 449 
      Reply #65: Jan 23, 2020 04:51:43 pm

That could be a problem, hopefully play through it, and rest up for FA cup weekend.

sms1986
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 1,182 posts | 453 
      Reply #66: Jan 23, 2020 04:52:40 pm

Probably best to wait and see what the lineup is, he would be a loss but the team is strong enough even without him.
      Robby The Z
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • Started Topic
      • 9,034 posts | 2690 
      Reply #67: Jan 23, 2020 05:03:18 pm
      Probably best to wait and see what the lineup is, he would be a loss but the team is strong enough even without him.

Was in training video from Tuesday night so hopefully just rumour central.

Actually on 2nd look, doesn't look like he is in there, but he's missed before and still played
      « Last Edit: Jan 23, 2020 05:11:20 pm by Robby The Z »
      FATKOPITE10
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 14,342 posts | 3368 
      Reply #68: Jan 23, 2020 05:10:50 pm

Rumours that Mane is out as well
      sms1986
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 1,182 posts | 453 
      Reply #69: Jan 23, 2020 05:14:29 pm

Seems to be that he might be rested, although the FA Cup match would probably be a better time for that.
      Robby The Z
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • Started Topic
      • 9,034 posts | 2690 
      Reply #70: Jan 23, 2020 05:34:30 pm
      Seems to be that he might be rested, although the FA Cup match would probably be a better time for that.

Who is saying he might be rested?
      Tayls

• 5,378 posts | 510 
      Reply #71: Jan 23, 2020 05:37:23 pm
      I couldn't see Virgil in the training video and photos from Tuesday evening so reckon he's been ill this week. Will have to see if he's recovered in time.
      sms1986
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 1,182 posts | 453 
      Reply #72: Jan 23, 2020 05:38:14 pm

People on Twitter, although some are also saying that he could be ill as well (if Virgil is actually ill). We just have to wait for the lineup to be announced.
      Harrisimo

• 7,973 posts | 1356 
      Reply #73: Jan 23, 2020 05:45:37 pm
      Love these alleged difficult games.We are miles better than Wolves, however they are a decent outfit and can cause any team problems. But we approach these games with the right mentality. That is so important for these games.Know what we have to do...go out and do it.

1-3
      Robby The Z
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • Started Topic
      • 9,034 posts | 2690 
      Reply #74: Jan 23, 2020 05:49:55 pm
      People on Twitter, although some are also saying that he could be ill as well (if Virgil is actually ill). We just have to wait for the lineup to be announced.

For what it's worth, the club just tweeted a video of him scoring last year vs. Wolves, quoting Jamie's song about him.
      ConzS
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 4,321 posts | 1016 
      Reply #75: Jan 23, 2020 05:52:21 pm
      The big man’s immune system not quite resistant as the rest of his body. Didn’t he have an illness last month as well?
      sms1986
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 1,182 posts | 453 
      Reply #76: Jan 23, 2020 05:56:17 pm
      The big man’s immune system not quite resistant as the rest of his body. Didn’t he have an illness last month as well?

He did have an illness last month although that can be common when travelling. Nobody knows if he is ill or not today, though.
      ConzS
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 4,321 posts | 1016 
      Reply #77: Jan 23, 2020 06:04:22 pm
      He did have an illness last month although that can be common when travelling. Nobody knows if he is ill or not today, though.
      Yeah mate I’d be surprised if he’s not starting.
      Robby The Z
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • Started Topic
      • 9,034 posts | 2690 
      Reply #78: Jan 23, 2020 06:09:26 pm
      Yeah mate I’d be surprised if he’s not starting.

Hope so. I'll admit I'm suddenly a bit worried re him and what FK10 said about Sadio. Now Sadio WAS in the video and pics, but who knows what any of it means. I do like it better when those two are in the team.
      Robby The Z
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • Started Topic
      • 9,034 posts | 2690 
      Reply #79: Jan 23, 2020 06:12:38 pm

Spion Kop
      @TheKopHQ
      Virgil Van Dijk is fine for Liverpool tonight at Wolves & will start. #LFC
      1:07 PM · Jan 23, 2020·Twitter for Android

Is Spion Kop a reliable source?

ConzS
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 4,321 posts | 1016 
      Reply #80: Jan 23, 2020 06:20:43 pm
      Hope so. I'll admit I'm suddenly a bit worried re him and what FK10 said about Sadio. Now Sadio WAS in the video and pics, but who knows what any of it means. I do like it better when those two are in the team.
      Two of the finest players in the world mate, any team would miss them sorely. Saying that we have enough quality throughout the squad to do the damage.
      JD
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 39,529 posts | 6887 
      Reply #81: Jan 23, 2020 06:26:39 pm
      Don't shoot me but I'd take four points from our next two games.
      chats
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 31,021 posts | 2742 
      Reply #82: Jan 23, 2020 06:34:32 pm
      Tougher game than our last two. They played well against us at Anfield.

Point wouldn't be terrible.
      Robby The Z
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • Started Topic
      • 9,034 posts | 2690 
      Reply #83: Jan 23, 2020 06:40:09 pm

It's very reasonable, but this year has made me pretty greedy so I'm going for all SIX.  ;D
      FATKOPITE10
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 14,342 posts | 3368 
      Reply #84: Jan 23, 2020 06:53:22 pm
      Seems everyone is okay. Twitter spouting sh*te, who would have guessed?
      Harrisimo

• 7,973 posts | 1356 
      Reply #85: Jan 23, 2020 06:59:50 pm

any last requests..
      sms1986
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 1,182 posts | 453 
      Reply #86: Jan 23, 2020 07:00:28 pm

sms1986
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 1,182 posts | 453 
      Reply #87: Jan 23, 2020 07:02:54 pm
      No surprise that the Twitter rumours were bullshit, although Lallana does have a virus.

Quick Reply