Trending Topics

Next match: LFC v Spurs [Premier League] Sun 5th May @ 4:30 pm
      Anfield

Today is the 27th of April and on this date LFC's match record is P29 W13 D5 L11

Timo Werner (RB Leipzig)

Read 43069 times
      heimdall
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 13,818 posts | 2724 
      Re: Timo Werner (RB Leipzig)
      Reply #207: Jun 05, 2020 09:09:18 am
      You really do not have a f**king clue

When did we last stand still ?!

And you can’t guarentee anything - I bet you were posting the same sh*te last summer as well

The Nike deal right now is irrelevant, the club are building up all areas - stadium ( not that you ever see it ) , training facilities - try to build a sustainable future

Again with the insults, small mind, We stood still last summer with no signings, we were extremely lucky this season with hardly any injuries to our front three and yes I was calling for another forward last summer as well. Minamino might be good for us, but I have big doubts, he certainly hasn't started well. Building up the stadium is LONG overdue but should not stop us form improving the squad, and we have 2 major holes at the moment, GK and one more top notch forward, Werner would have been that player, a player almost custom built for our style of play, but we've let him go to our rivals who will be much more dangerous next season because of it.

If we don't get another forward this summer then we will not win the league next season unless we are even more lucky with injuries next season than we were this one.
      heimdall
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 13,818 posts | 2724 
      Reply #208: Jun 05, 2020 09:11:14 am
      Just to add, if you're throwing out the money argument, depending on which paper you go to the difference between us and spurs in profits in the last financial year was between £20-80m and they've just had to borrow £175m from the bank of England.

rather puzzling then that the chavs have already committed £90m with more signings to come. The only revenue we are losing through Covid-19 is ticket sales and that would have been 5 home matches, is that really enough to F**k up our entire budget??
      heimdall
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 13,818 posts | 2724 
      Reply #209: Jun 05, 2020 09:12:09 am
      How are people so convinced we won't be signing anybody for next season?

There's still a quarter of the current season left to play

Next season doesn't even have a start date yet. People crying about the f**king AFCON when there's a decent chance that it won't even be going ahead

Which forwards would be better suited for us than Werner at that price?
      Lallana in Pyjamas
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 12,933 posts | 3407 
      Reply #210: Jun 05, 2020 09:19:32 am
      Again with the insults, small mind, We stood still last summer with no signings, we were extremely lucky this season with hardly any injuries to our front three and yes I was calling for another forward last summer as well. Minamino might be good for us, but I have big doubts, he certainly hasn't started well. Building up the stadium is LONG overdue but should not stop us form improving the squad, and we have 2 major holes at the moment, GK and one more top notch forward, Werner would have been that player, a player almost custom built for our style of play, but we've let him go to our rivals who will be much more dangerous next season because of it.

If we don't get another forward this summer then we will not win the league next season unless we are even more lucky with injuries next season than we were this one.

How can a team go from missing out on the title to creating 20 plus point gap at the top ?!?!

You do not have to sign players to advance as a team

We do not have major holes at all

Calling everything lucky is disrespectful to the players and manager

And only internet fans like yourself have already written us off for next season
      TameImpala
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 2,269 posts | 1216 
      • He's five foot seven, he's football heaven
      Reply #211: Jun 05, 2020 09:24:49 am
      Which forwards would be better suited for us than Werner at that price?

I don't know. I, like you have probably only seen him play a handful of times. Obviously the people at the top think different.

No doubt he's a good player but if we've really missed out on him I'd expect at least another one of Europe's elite clubs would have shown a bit of interest. Instead he's had to settle for Chelsea who may not even be in the Champions League next season

I remember there was backlash when we signed Mane & Salah, people saying that we didn't need them. I remember people asking who the f**k Firminho was after we bought him. The club haven't done anything in the last 5 or so years which would make me not trust them in the transfer market. The fan on the street has been wrong quite often with us recently so I'm happy to sit back and let those at the top do what they think is best
      heimdall
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 13,818 posts | 2724 
      Reply #212: Jun 05, 2020 09:32:07 am

How can a team go from missing out on the title to creating 20 plus point gap at the top ?!?!

You do not have to sign players to advance as a team

We do not have major holes at all

Calling everything lucky is disrespectful to the players and manager

And only internet fans like yourself have already written us off for next season

Again with the insults, tiny mind.

A team can win the league if everything falls into place, this season it did for us, we benefited from the introduction of VAR as we have been a cleaner team for a lot of years, we had very few key injuries, especially to our forwards, we won a lot of games whilst playing poor and the majority of games we won by controlling them rather than blowing other teams away, which is fine but a dangerous long term strategy as its fine margins. I also think that this season a lot of teams were in rebuilding mode, similar to when Leicester won their title, this also helped us. Overall though we were clearly the best team, but we had a good slice of long overdue luck.
      My fear is for the future if we don't strengthen. Werner would be absolutely perfect for us, he would push for a place in the starting line up and provide genuine competition to our front three allowing us to rest players and make sure they stay top of their game, everyone needs competition, even goalkeepers.
      Munch101
      • Forum Roger Hunt

• 496 posts | 80 
      Reply #213: Jun 05, 2020 09:35:38 am
      Potentially going to chelsea now.

I've got to the stage where I don't stress if a rival gets a player we were after because I have full trust in Klopp and Edwards transfer strategy now.
      If Werner was a perfect fit for us, we'd have got the guy. Something wasn't correct in their minds so I think they're letting him go elsewhere.
      heimdall
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 13,818 posts | 2724 
      Reply #214: Jun 05, 2020 09:36:47 am
      I don't know. I, like you have probably only seen him play a handful of times. Obviously the people at the top think different.

No doubt he's a good player but if we've really missed out on him I'd expect at least another one of Europe's elite clubs would have shown a bit of interest. Instead he's had to settle for Chelsea who may not even be in the Champions League next season

I remember there was backlash when we signed Mane & Salah, people saying that we didn't need them. I remember people asking who the f**k Firminho was after we bought him. The club haven't done anything in the last 5 or so years which would make me not trust them in the transfer market. The fan on the street has been wrong quite often with us recently so I'm happy to sit back and let those at the top do what they think is best

Sorry but who said we didn't need Mane or Salah????  Unless we have another forward lined up then I feel we are making a massive mistake letting Werner go to one of our main rivals. BTW what the F**k to you mean settle for Chelsea, its talk like that that infuriates me, sure I hate the club but they are a serious football team who deserve respect, they have a lot more PL titles than we have in recent years, plus they are based in London, they are one of the top teams in Europe like it or not.
      heimdall
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 13,818 posts | 2724 
      Reply #215: Jun 05, 2020 09:37:54 am

I've got to the stage where I don't stress if a rival gets a player we were after because I have full trust in Klopp and Edwards transfer strategy now.
      If Werner was a perfect fit for us, we'd have got the guy. Something wasn't correct in their minds so I think they're letting him go elsewhere.

Edwards thinks its a buyers market with Covid-19 but that only holds true if Sellers have to sell.
      TameImpala
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 2,269 posts | 1216 
      Reply #216: Jun 05, 2020 09:48:28 am
      Sorry but who said we didn't need Mane or Salah????  Unless we have another forward lined up then I feel we are making a massive mistake letting Werner go to one of our main rivals. BTW what the f**k to you mean settle for Chelsea, its talk like that that infuriates me, sure I hate the club but they are a serious football team who deserve respect, they have a lot more PL titles than we have in recent years, plus they are based in London, they are one of the top teams in Europe like it or not.

Loads of people were sceptical about Mane and Salah before they joined - There were loads who were throwing out names of players who they thought would have been better choices.

And Chelsea aren't an elite club at the minute, that's a fact. They're just clinging on to fourth place in the League and are some way off winning the European Cup (that's if they even manage to qualify)

Us, Barcelona, City, Madrid, Juve, Bayern and probably PSG and Atletico are the elite tier clubs in Europe at the minute, Chelsea are a level below at least
      Lallana in Pyjamas
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 12,933 posts | 3407 
      Reply #217: Jun 05, 2020 09:51:00 am
      Loads of people were sceptical about Mane and Salah before they joined - There were loads who were throwing out names of players who they thought would have been better choices.

And Chelsea aren't an elite club at the minute, that's a fact. They're just clinging on to fourth place in the League and are some way off winning the European Cup (that's if they even manage to qualify)

Us, Barcelona, City, Madrid, Juve, Bayern and probably PSG and Atletico are the elite tier clubs in Europe at the minute, Chelsea are a level below at least

Just leave him to play Football Manager , that’s where these childish entitlements come from

One day they may wake up and realise that we have a management team that knows what they are doing and they have proven themselves.
      Don77
      • Forum Legend - Dalglish

• 6,529 posts | 1083 
      Reply #218: Jun 05, 2020 10:01:01 am

Yes ... the 50m fee was what was not correct. Liverpool wanted Werner and did not want to part with the cash, Chelsea wanted the player and seem happy to hand it over ... not rocket science.

Werner will have been scouted for a good 2 years now. Liverpool work as one when it comes to identifying and signing players. Alot of resources will have gone into that.

But the bottom line is that Liverpool wanted him, but wanted him cheaper than his release clause. In my eyes he was our main target this summer, and generally we dont have a 2nd or 3rd choice. So I dont see any quality forwards coming in this summer sadly. I hope the afcon gets cancelled as if anything happens to Bobby it's probably going to be origi minamino and jones/Wilson/aoc maybe at a critical stage of the season. Make your own minds up as to whether you think that will cut it.

Werner is done now, we didn't want to pay the money ... simple as that and now he is joining a rival who did. On we go ........
      Lallana in Pyjamas
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 12,933 posts | 3407 
      Reply #219: Jun 05, 2020 10:05:09 am
      Just seen on twitter someone posting a breakdown of the money

£52 mil fee

Plus -£12 mil to the agent

Wages are - £16mil a year over 5 years

So that’s a potential outlay of £140mil for a player who would be there to support and back up the front three !!

lfc across the water
      • Needs a Klopp hug...Rafa's Number 1 fan...VAR has no faults Promoter
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 3,863 posts | 704 
      Reply #220: Jun 05, 2020 10:06:16 am
      Quote from LFCexiled
      I had a brief look at Twitter, I shouldn't have.

As soon as something doesn't go people's way it's the usual FSG out sh*t.

Trophy wise we've had an amazing twelve months. We're possibly one game from winning the league but suddenly everyone thinks we're going to go to sh*t.

If he goes to Chelsea it's because Jürgen doesn't think he's a fit and I think we know by now that he knows what he's doing so rather than attack FSG, Edwards or 'the transfer committee' just trust Jürgen.

Jürgen did think he was a fit, that's the thing. And Werner thought we were a fit. He is a quality player who scores goals for fun, and he doesn't come cheap. But unlike VVD, he's not willing to sit around waiting for 6 months for FSG to get the finger out and get the signing done. And who can blame him?

I said after the furlough fiasco, that there is always a catch dealing with these owners. Well here it is. And it's not the first time with this lot either, that we've lost out on a forward transfer target going to Chelsea. The last time it took 3.5 years to correct, and 7 years to win a trophy. We can't afford to stand still quite so long this time.

Yes we've won some trophies lately, but that's nothing to do with FSG, the difference between us atm and where we used to finish, is Jürgen Klopp. There are no foundations been built for the future. There can't be if your're only paying out 5 million quid on 17 year olds every summer, who won't play. Our reserve keepers are academy products or free transfers. And as soon as they make a mistake, everyone wants them out. After Robbo, there is still no back up left back waiting to slot into the team. That's before talking about upfront. Who will be next season's back up, Origi again?

We're now left with one trophy to play for this season. Most of our rivals are still in the hunt for two trophies, some even three. We need to strengthen if we're going to keep up with them, let alone dominate, as some are suggesting.

And I'm not on twitter.
      WeAreMenOfShanklysBest
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 396 posts | 114 
      • up the reds
      Reply #221: Jun 05, 2020 10:07:25 am

I hate Chelsea more than the next fella but let’s not act like they’re Cardiff City or West Brom.. they’ve won something every season for the past god knows how long
      TameImpala
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 2,269 posts | 1216 
      Reply #222: Jun 05, 2020 10:13:29 am
      I hate Chelsea more than the next fella but let’s not act like they’re Cardiff City or West Brom.. they’ve won something every season for the past god knows how long

Where did I say they were Cardiff or West Brom?

What I said was that they're not currently one of Europe's elite clubs. They're at least a level below the likes of ourselves, City, Barcelona etc

If they were a top, top tier club then they wouldn't have been smoked 3-0 at home by Bayern Munich and they wouldn't be battling it out for 4th place
      higgy_sham
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 3,277 posts | 799 
      Reply #223: Jun 05, 2020 10:40:12 am
      WeAreMenOfShanklysBest
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 396 posts | 114 
      • up the reds
      Reply #224: Jun 05, 2020 10:47:41 am
      Where did I say they were Cardiff or West Brom?

What I said was that they're not currently one of Europe's elite clubs. They're at least a level below the likes of ourselves, City, Barcelona etc

If they were a top, top tier club then they wouldn't have been smoked 3-0 at home by Bayern Munich and they wouldn't be battling it out for 4th place
      Fair enough
      bigbob75
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 1,266 posts | 281 
      • Let's talk about six
      Reply #225: Jun 05, 2020 10:55:16 am
      Oh well, must be saving all the money for Mbappe  :D ;)
      heimdall
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 13,818 posts | 2724 
      Reply #226: Jun 05, 2020 11:16:57 am
      Just seen on twitter someone posting a breakdown of the money

£52 mil fee

Plus -£12 mil to the agent

Wages are - £16mil a year over 5 years

So that’s a potential outlay of £140mil for a player who would be there to support and back up the front three !!

Or perhaps Werner gets even better than Mane or Salah or imagine this crazy idea, we have a player who we can rotate in to rest Mane and Salah PLUS actually have a player who can come off then bench if one of our forwards is having one of their sh*t games, which does happen, quite often. in fact how often is it that Mane and Salah play well at the same time, normally one of them has an average game and the other a good game, but sometimes both have a sh*t game at the same time, the least frequent thing is both having a good game at the same time.

but not to worry we have super Origi who comes off the bench and normally makes F**k all impact. Honestly how often does Origi come on and actually influence a game or Minamino for that sake although the jury is still out on him.
      stuey
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 36,006 posts | 3953 
      Reply #227: Jun 05, 2020 11:20:05 am
      The truth still stands whichever way your loyalties stand - Jürgen Klopp achieves in spite of our owners.
      The manager expresses an interest in a player and contact reportedly ensues.
      All going swimmingly until finance is mentioned and any interest is dead in the water.
      It could and has been said that this recurring theme is hype and speculation even though the Werner saga mirrors so many past events.

To build a squad capable of competing successfully in more than one competition we need quality back up, we were lucky this season with injuries but just one major injury could have caused problems.
      lfc across the water
      • Needs a Klopp hug...Rafa's Number 1 fan...VAR has no faults Promoter
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 3,863 posts | 704 
      Reply #228: Jun 05, 2020 12:57:55 pm
      Quote from LFCexiled
      Every single bit of that is speculation, unless you've got inside information from the club.

There are a few things wrong but to highlight the most hypocritical. Our success had got something to do with fsg, they hired Klopp and we probably wouldn't be where we are without him so they were instrumental in our success.

There's literally foundations being built, new stand for more revenue to invest as has happened at every club who build a new stand or ground. A new training ground isn't even remotely for financial gain, it's solely to invest in the future progression of the squad.

The transfer window isn't even close to opening and you're all doing and gloom just because we aren't getting Werner. Lighten up mate.

If it was only Werner, then that's a fair argument. But it's not just Werner. Their time in charge is littered with missing out on transfer targets, because they refused to pay the going rate. This is the latest case, and there will be more.

The new training ground is simply to move all the different club sites and centralise them in one spot. I've no issue with that in itself, it makes sense logistically, but if we want to be competing for multiple trophies per season as our rivals are, we'll need a bit more investment in the future than a new training ground.
      stuey
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 36,006 posts | 3953 
      Reply #229: Jun 05, 2020 01:03:37 pm
      Again, where are you getting that information from Stu?

For anyone knows his missus hates Liverpool and loves London.

For anyone knows Jürgen told him he'd have limited minutes for his first season, he didn't like the thought of that.

For anyone knows he showed Jürgen his arse on zoom and called him daddy. Jürgen didn't wasn't a submissive for a son.

My point is, there's a myriad of reasons he probably isn't coming but making them up with no information doesn't help anybody.

And finally, maybe an extra 50k a week swayed him, if that's the case then we're better off without him, no?

That seems to be way of it mate, that scenario appears to play out when a target is identified and finance comes into the equation.

Unless we have recently acquired a sizeable transfer fee interest cools.

Quick Reply