Trending Topics

Next match: LFC v Brighton [Premier League] Sun 31st Mar @ 2:00 pm
      Anfield

Today is the 28th of March and on this date LFC's match record is P26 W11 D3 L12

Timo Werner (RB Leipzig)

Read 42492 times
      RedPuppy
      • Still European.
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • Started Topic
      • 19,250 posts | 2854 
      • Parum Rutilus Canis: Illegitimi non carborundum
      Timo Werner (RB Leipzig)
      Jan 22, 2020 04:31:43 pm
      Depending upon whom you read, this may be a goer, and with the African Cup being a pain early next year, and thus we are to loose a few of our attackers, this transfer could be an answer.

Liverpool seem to be saying it's a non-starter, but thankfully they play their cards close to their chest, but other ITK say different.

Many twitter links but here is Bild's http://sportwitness.co.uk/bild-say-much-wanted-star-fancies-liverpool-move-klopp-p/

So to keep the General board a litter tidier, here we are.

Personally, if we are in for him, now is an ideal time to buy, as I always feel it takes established new-comers 12 months to come good.

https://twitter.com/LFCTransferRoom/status/1219672992139091968?s=20

Lallana in Pyjamas
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 12,479 posts | 3285 
      Re: Timo Werner (RB Leipzig)
      Reply #1: Jan 22, 2020 06:24:25 pm
      Don’t see it happening- can see someone coming in to replace Lallana and Shaqiri but not Werner
      LondonRed83
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 21,300 posts | 3869 
      Reply #2: Jan 22, 2020 07:00:34 pm
      We have the money, just get him
      bazspeedman
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 15,743 posts | 2436 
      Reply #3: Jan 22, 2020 07:06:23 pm
      Don’t see it happening- can see someone coming in to replace Lallana and Shaqiri but not Werner

Why not?

He fits our style like a glove.
      Lallana in Pyjamas
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 12,479 posts | 3285 
      Reply #4: Jan 22, 2020 07:27:57 pm
      Why not?

He fits our style like a glove.

Because we have

Salah , Mane , Firmino, Origi , Minamino already plus players like Elliot

Don’t see the need for him
      AZPatriot
      • Forum Legend - Dalglish

• 9,944 posts | 1759 
      Reply #5: Jan 22, 2020 07:32:16 pm

Because we have

I would not bet against Mo leaving after the 20/21 season or long term planning for Bobby.
      Lallana in Pyjamas
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 12,479 posts | 3285 
      Reply #6: Jan 22, 2020 07:37:05 pm
      I would not bet against Mo leaving after the 20/21 season or long term planning for Bobby.

Why would Mo leave ?

And Bobby is only 28 - lots of years left in him

AZPatriot

• 9,944 posts | 1759 
      Reply #8: Jan 22, 2020 07:44:04 pm

Why would Mo leave ?

And Bobby is only 28 - lots of years left in him

I did not say he was leaving however to think that all of them will stay and retire from LFC is a bit myopic and standing still leads to an aged team so a brilliant young player added each Summer will do nothing but improve an ever evolving squad. Add to the fact that i would imagine our system of intense training and tactics wears a body out far quicker than others. Enjoy this squad as what might be one of the greatest ever but it will change.
      Lallana in Pyjamas
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 12,479 posts | 3285 
      Reply #9: Jan 22, 2020 07:52:03 pm
      I did not say he was leaving however to think that all of them will stay and retire from LFC is a bit myopic and standing still leads to an aged team so a brilliant young player added each Summer will do nothing but improve an ever evolving squad. Add to the fact that i would imagine our system of intense training and tactics wears a body out far quicker than others. Enjoy this squad as what might be one of the greatest ever but it will change.

People accused us of standing still last summer as well - there are many ways for a team to move forward and it’s not always using the Transfer market

Mo and Bobby both have 4/5 years left at the top level and I’m confident they will have those years with us - in the mean time Klopp will get players like Elliot , Minamino into the squad
      AZPatriot

• 9,944 posts | 1759 
      Reply #10: Jan 22, 2020 08:05:58 pm
      People accused us of standing still last summer as well - there are many ways for a team to move forward and it’s not always using the Transfer market

Mo and Bobby both have 4/5 years left at the top level and I’m confident they will have those years with us - in the mean time Klopp will get players like Elliot , Minamino into the squad

I'm not accusing the club of standing still neither am i blind in thinking that the front three will be the same or operate at the same level 5 years from now as they are today. The only starting 11 players i am fairly confident will be here 5 years from now are Trent, Virgil, Allison and Robbo; past that either through physical attrition, age or the desire for new challenges the squad will look different.

Your taking it personal, why wouldn't we want players like Werner or a Sancho in our squad? You don't see a need in having the best players in the world in a red kit?
      rossyred

• 9,093 posts | 1632 
      Reply #11: Jan 22, 2020 08:09:39 pm
      Just to give my twopenneth I think Mo will play elsewhere in next 2 years
      Lallana in Pyjamas
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 12,479 posts | 3285 
      Reply #12: Jan 22, 2020 08:16:07 pm
      I'm not accusing the club of standing still neither am i blind in thinking that the front three will be the same or operate at the same level 5 years from now as they are today. The only starting 11 players i am fairly confident will be here 5 years from now are Trent, Virgil, Allison and Robbo; past that either through physical attrition, age or the desire for new challenges the squad will look different.

Your taking it personal, why wouldn't we want players like Werner or a Sancho in our squad? You don't see a need in having the best players in the world in a red kit?

No one is taking anything personal

The Werner link is just your typical lazy journalists- it’s been hanging around for a number of year - he was available cheap not so long ago and the manager didn’t go for him - he is a decent player but I’m confident we won’t see him in a Liverpool shirt and it won’t be a big miss

Sancho is a different matter - better chance of him being bought but again a long way off

The manager will continue to buy players but the right ones at the right time - and the manager and club buys players and makes them the best in the world , and I suspect the next big signing when it happens people will raise their eyebrows up at because it will be someone that the press don’t know about until things are nearly done

Players like Elliot etc are being bought to replace players like Mane etc in 4 years time , getting the players in before their are the stars , moulding them at a young age building through the club.

HUYTON RED
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 39,948 posts | 8458 
      Reply #13: Jan 22, 2020 08:28:59 pm
      Depending upon whom you read, this may be a goer, and with the African Cup being a pain early next year, and thus we are to loose a few of our attackers, this transfer could be an answer.

Liverpool seem to be saying it's a non-starter, but thankfully they play their cards close to their chest, but other ITK say different.

Many twitter links but here is Bild's http://sportwitness.co.uk/bild-say-much-wanted-star-fancies-liverpool-move-klopp-p/

So to keep the General board a litter tidier, here we are.

Personally, if we are in for him, now is an ideal time to buy, as I always feel it takes established new-comers 12 months to come good.

https://twitter.com/LFCTransferRoom/status/1219672992139091968?s=20

Why sign him now for cash, when it's more than likely we'll get him for nothing in the summer.
      HUYTON RED
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 39,948 posts | 8458 
      Reply #14: Jan 22, 2020 08:31:34 pm

Because we have

African nations being moved back to January next year, more than likely lose Mane & Salah possibly for something like six weeks. We'll need at least another attacking player to come in the summer.
      Lallana in Pyjamas
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 12,479 posts | 3285 
      Reply #15: Jan 22, 2020 08:32:21 pm
      Why sign him now for cash, when it's more than likely we'll get him for nothing in the summer.

He signed a new contract extension but has a release clause
      Lallana in Pyjamas
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 12,479 posts | 3285 
      Reply #16: Jan 22, 2020 08:33:29 pm
      African nations being moved back to January next year, more than likely lose Mane & Salah possibly for something like six weeks. We'll need at least another attacking player to come in the summer.

Potentially but I don’t see it being Werner - there will be an attacker that Klopp has already scouted under the radar that will arrive in the summer for somewhere around £15-20 mil
      HUYTON RED
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 39,948 posts | 8458 
      Reply #17: Jan 22, 2020 08:35:57 pm

The Werner link is just your typical lazy journalists- it’s been hanging around for a number of year - he was available cheap not so long ago and the manager didn’t go for him - he is a decent player but I’m confident we won’t see him in a Liverpool shirt and it won’t be a big miss

Sancho is a different matter - better chance of him being bought but again a long way off

Wrong, Klopp has deffo been talking to Werner, all but fu**ed off talk about Chelsea and has hinted he wants to come here plus wasn't so long ago he was talking about learning how to play a similar role to Bobby La at Leipzig.

Convinced we'll sign him before Sancho.
      HUYTON RED
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 39,948 posts | 8458 
      Reply #18: Jan 22, 2020 08:38:37 pm

Potentially but I don’t see it being Werner - there will be an attacker that Klopp has already scouted under the radar that will arrive in the summer for somewhere around £15-20 mil

Again why spend £15 - £20 million when all we'll be spending is cash on Werner's wages rather than a fee and the biggest hint would be the club turning round to the press saying we're not buying him this transfer window.

Definitely a target in the summer.
      Lallana in Pyjamas
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 12,479 posts | 3285 
      Reply #19: Jan 22, 2020 08:43:47 pm
      Wrong, Klopp has deffo been talking to Werner, all but fu**ed off talk about Chelsea and has hinted he wants to come here plus wasn't so long ago he was talking about learning how to play a similar role to Bobby La at Leipzig.

Convinced we'll sign him before Sancho.

Sorry but don’t agree - it’s all paper talk
      Lallana in Pyjamas
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 12,479 posts | 3285 
      Reply #20: Jan 22, 2020 08:45:14 pm
      Again why spend £15 - £20 million when all we'll be spending is cash on Werner's wages rather than a fee and the biggest hint would be the club turning round to the press saying we're not buying him this transfer window.

Definitely a target in the summer.

He isn’t a free ? There is still a big fee to pay and a report also states we won’t be looking at him in the summer.

He won’t be coming to Liverpool and will see him at Bayern
      HUYTON RED
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 39,948 posts | 8458 
      Reply #21: Jan 22, 2020 08:47:45 pm

He isn’t a free ? There is still a big fee to pay and a report also states we won’t be looking at him in the summer.

He won’t be coming to Liverpool and will see him at Bayern

Hahaha Bayern behave, not even competition these days. If Klopp wants him, we'll get him before Bayern.

We're F***ing big hitters now thanks to Jürgen.
      Lallana in Pyjamas
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 12,479 posts | 3285 
      Reply #22: Jan 22, 2020 08:51:15 pm
      Hahaha Bayern behave, not even competition these days. If Klopp wants him, we'll get him before Bayern.

We're f**king big hitters now thanks to Jürgen.

If Klopp wanted him he could have had him in the summer for pennies but he didn’t , he could have got him in Jan but he didn’t ( got Minamino instead )

If Klopp really wanted Werner he would have signed him by now  because he has been available - but he hasn’t so I have no doubt he will end up at Bayern.

Quick Reply