Trending Topics

Next match: LFC v Brighton [Premier League] Sun 31st Mar @ 2:00 pm
      Anfield

Today is the 28th of March and on this date LFC's match record is P26 W11 D3 L12

Timo Werner (RB Leipzig)

Read 42475 times
      clint_call01
      • King Live Match Starter
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 11,659 posts | 3670 
      • Ynwa... lfc till I die !
      Re: Timo Werner (RB Leipzig)
      Reply #69: Apr 23, 2020 07:55:39 pm
      Sky wrote that we have a chance to sign him before June for 54M.

I hope so!
      Kopite78
      Reply #70: Apr 23, 2020 07:58:39 pm
      Sky wrote that we have a chance to sign him before June for 54M.

I hope so!

Cant see us throwing that kind of money at anyone with the current states of things

Yes we tried to furlough staff until we were forced to change that.. but here's 54m on a player

Leagues shutting down in England and struggling to pay wages... No chance
      srslfc
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 32,111 posts | 4876 
      Reply #71: Apr 23, 2020 08:20:45 pm
      Cant see us throwing that kind of money at anyone with the current states of things

Yes we tried to furlough staff until we were forced to change that.. but here's 54m on a player

I'd be amazed if we buy anyone this summer to be honest.

shabbadoo
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 29,420 posts | 4581 
      Reply #72: Apr 23, 2020 10:40:24 pm

I’m sure we could raise £54m for a player Klopp needs...
      7-King Kenny-7
      • Lives on Sesame Street
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 44,014 posts | 5760 
      • You'll Never Walk Alone!
      Reply #73: Apr 23, 2020 11:19:25 pm

I’m sure we could, but I’d be surprised if the club paid it. I’d be surprised if any team is paying that kind of money this year.
      Kopite78
      Reply #74: Apr 24, 2020 07:48:09 am

That's not the point
      HUYTON RED
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 39,947 posts | 8458 
      Reply #75: Apr 25, 2020 03:02:28 pm

Might not be but end of the day it's still a cut throat business were the strongest survive. We and other teams will spend money especially if it's true about possibly a couple of players leaving.
      Kopite78
      Reply #76: Apr 25, 2020 03:06:07 pm
      Might not be but end of the day it's still a cut throat business were the strongest survive. We and other teams will spend money especially if it's true about possibly a couple of players leaving.

What players leaving?
      I honestly think it will be a pretty flat market all across football this year
      HUYTON RED
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 39,947 posts | 8458 
      Reply #77: Apr 25, 2020 03:16:14 pm
      What players leaving?

Rumours Shaqiri is possibly on way out plus one or two others.
      srslfc
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 32,111 posts | 4876 
      Reply #78: Apr 25, 2020 03:29:18 pm
      What players leaving?

I agree.

Very little business done this summer I'd say.
      billythered
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 10,821 posts | 4920 
      • From Doubters to Champions of the World
      Reply #79: May 03, 2020 11:14:20 am
      What players leaving?

Whilst I agree that ‘transfer markets’ may well be quieter I still think there will be movement albeit to a lesser extent, nothing of course will happen until everything is back to normal, whatever that was, ie; virus under control, zero deaths, wheels of industry turning etc,

Football will be back in whatever form deemed appropriate, with it new players will be sought, new contracts signed, some will have run their course, monies will exchange hands although I expect signings to be cheaper for obvious reasons,

Can’t see there being too much coming or going but maybe the likes of Lallana & possibly Shaqiri moving on, and yes, I do see Timo being a new face in the dressing room in the new season .

Y   N   W   A

heimdall
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 13,818 posts | 2724 
      Reply #80: May 12, 2020 10:01:54 am

Whilst I agree that ‘transfer markets’ may well be quieter I still think there will be movement albeit to a lesser extent, nothing of course will happen until everything is back to normal, whatever that was, ie; virus under control, zero deaths, wheels of industry turning etc,

Football will be back in whatever form deemed appropriate, with it new players will be sought, new contracts signed, some will have run their course, monies will exchange hands although I expect signings to be cheaper for obvious reasons,

Can’t see there being too much coming or going but maybe the likes of Lallana & possibly Shaqiri moving on, and yes, I do see Timo being a new face in the dressing room in the new season .

Y   N   W   A

I'm sure we have more than enough money to get Werner and we absolutely should, we need a few more options up front and in attacking midfield.
      tezmac
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 11,111 posts | 896 
      • F**k the Sun F**k Murdoch F**k the press
      Reply #81: May 13, 2020 10:23:04 am

I'm sure we have more than enough money to get Werner and we absolutely should, we need a few more options up front and in attacking midfield.

And we will be without Salah and Mane
      MIRO
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 12,989 posts | 3124 
      • Trust The Universe
      Reply #82: May 14, 2020 01:54:03 pm
      Timo has just said a Nein  to Bayern.
      bazspeedman
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 15,743 posts | 2436 
      Reply #83: May 14, 2020 02:35:14 pm
      Timo has just said a Nein  to Bayern.

Absolute no brainer to sign this guy.

Super quick and a natural finisher Timo is perfect for us.
      heimdall
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 13,818 posts | 2724 
      Reply #84: May 14, 2020 04:05:20 pm
      Absolute no brainer to sign this guy.

Super quick and a natural finisher Timo is perfect for us.

I'll be really quite annoyed if we don't sign him,imagine the attacking line up options for next season; Mo, Sadio, Bobby, Timo and Minamino with Divock as backup, Yes please!!!
      bazspeedman
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 15,743 posts | 2436 
      Reply #85: May 14, 2020 05:23:15 pm
      I'll be really quite annoyed if we don't sign him,imagine the attacking line up options for next season; Mo, Sadio, Bobby, Timo and Minamino with Divock as backup, Yes please!!!

We'll have the best forward line in the world no question.

All 6 of those players can interchange positions effectively.
      7-King Kenny-7
      • Lives on Sesame Street
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 44,014 posts | 5760 
      Reply #86: May 14, 2020 06:01:52 pm

I’d expect if we were to sign Werner then Origi would be off. Which wouldn’t be a bad thing, he’s played his part last season and on the occasion or two this season but he’s also shown he’s far from reliable back up and it’s that scenario similar to Adrian and Lovren; yes they’ve played their part in our success but in truth they are players that need upgrading. Origi as our man to come in as cover or off the bench has 5 goals in 36 games this season which is nowhere near what we should be looking at for reliable backup. He had 7 in 21 last season so his record this year has gotten significantly worse.

Werner would be a fine addition and would add real competition to the front 3, something that unfortunately, Origi can’t offer.
      « Last Edit: May 14, 2020 11:35:41 pm by 7-King Kenny-7 »
      7-King Kenny-7
      • Lives on Sesame Street
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 44,014 posts | 5760 
      Reply #87: May 16, 2020 04:26:25 pm
      Just watched him in the 1-1 draw with Freiburg. May have drawn but Werner showed signs of how he’d fit in seamlessly.

There’s a bit of assumption if he signed we’d play with him up top and Bobby dropping back as a 10 but I don’t think that would necessarily be the case. His work rate and interchanging with Leipzig is impressive, he will be able to interchange with our current 3 no problem, he’s created some good chances, been denied by a couple of top saves, been tracking back to his own half to win the ball back.

He could be one hell of a player for us and looks like we are the ideal team for him with his style of play.
      AussieRed
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 20,583 posts | 6643 
      • You'll Never Walk Alone
      Reply #88: May 19, 2020 02:42:05 am
      Just watched him in the 1-1 draw with Freiburg. May have drawn but Werner showed signs of how he’d fit in seamlessly.

There’s a bit of assumption if he signed we’d play with him up top and Bobby dropping back as a 10 but I don’t think that would necessarily be the case. His work rate and interchanging with Leipzig is impressive, he will be able to interchange with our current 3 no problem, he’s created some good chances, been denied by a couple of top saves, been tracking back to his own half to win the ball back.

He could be one hell of a player for us and looks like we are the ideal team for him with his style of play.

That'll do me mate. Convinced now, let's get him.
      srslfc
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 32,111 posts | 4876 
      Reply #89: May 20, 2020 08:49:56 am
      I think we'll sign him but it'll be some agreement based on him coming a season later.

I just cannot see in the current climate us spending huge amounts of money on footballers.
      heimdall
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 13,818 posts | 2724 
      Reply #90: May 20, 2020 08:59:40 am
      I think we'll sign him but it'll be some agreement based on him coming a season later.

I just cannot see in the current climate us spending huge amounts of money on footballers.

why? Have we run out of money, I thought we posted record profits for the last financial year
      srslfc
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 32,111 posts | 4876 
      Reply #91: May 20, 2020 09:08:59 am
      why? Have we run out of money, I thought we posted record profits for the last financial year

Nothing to do with that, more how it might look which I think the club and Jürgen are very much into.

I think transfers in general might be on the back burner for a lot of clubs for a while.

Quick Reply