Trending Topics

Next match: LFC v Brighton [Premier League] Sun 31st Mar @ 2:00 pm
      Anfield

Today is the 28th of March and on this date LFC's match record is P26 W11 D3 L12

Timo Werner (RB Leipzig)

Read 42494 times
      heimdall
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 13,818 posts | 2724 
      Re: Timo Werner (RB Leipzig)
      Reply #92: May 20, 2020 12:04:27 pm
      Nothing to do with that, more how it might look which I think the club and Jürgen are very much into.

I think transfers in general might be on the back burner for a lot of clubs for a while.

What do you mean "how it might look"? I genuinely don't understand your point
      7-King Kenny-7
      • Lives on Sesame Street
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 44,014 posts | 5760 
      • You'll Never Walk Alone!
      Reply #93: May 20, 2020 12:55:26 pm
      why? Have we run out of money, I thought we posted record profits for the last financial year

Take away the income from tickets for potentially over a season and the finances will look very different.

There’s some confusion at the moment over when the transfer window will actually be.

I hope that side of things does go back to normal very soon but at the same time I can see why we may be going another summer without signing anyone.

Reports that we are waiting to see on how the situation unfolds over the remainder of the season before making any decisions on whether we sign anyone or not so like everything at the moment, all we can do is wait and see.
      srslfc
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 32,111 posts | 4876 
      Reply #94: May 20, 2020 01:54:01 pm
      What do you mean "how it might look"? I genuinely don't understand your point

Can't work out if you're being awkward or thick but I'm pretty sure it's not that hard to work out what I mean.
      Robby The Z
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 9,034 posts | 2690 
      Reply #95: May 20, 2020 02:26:36 pm
      Take away the income from tickets for potentially over a season and the finances will look very different.

There’s some confusion at the moment over when the transfer window will actually be.

I hope that side of things does go back to normal very soon but at the same time I can see why we may be going another summer without signing anyone.

Reports that we are waiting to see on how the situation unfolds over the remainder of the season before making any decisions on whether we sign anyone or not so like everything at the moment, all we can do is wait and see.

No doubt there will be some wait and see before any final decisions are made.

One other thing that comes to mind is that selling clubs will also face a potential pinch on their finances. I presume Red Bull clubs have deep pockets, but it may be that they would be open to a deal where Werner moves to us in the close season (whenever that actually is), and whatever fee is agreed, the installments are made on a more deferred basis than is normal. Rather than wait a season for the player to move, why not move now and pay the fee a bit later rather than having him sit for a year, knowing he is leaving (I'm not sure anyone was all that satisfied wtih how it worked with Naby Keita for that in-between season). In uncertain financial times, RBL might like some assured payments coming in for a player who clearly wants to leave anyway.

FL Red
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 31,048 posts | 6294 
      Reply #96: May 20, 2020 02:47:16 pm
      No doubt there will be some wait and see before any final decisions are made.

One other thing that comes to mind is that selling clubs will also face a potential pinch on their finances. I presume Red Bull clubs have deep pockets, but it may be that they would be open to a deal where Werner moves to us in the close season (whenever that actually is), and whatever fee is agreed, the installments are made on a more deferred basis than is normal. Rather than wait a season for the player to move, why not move now and pay the fee a bit later rather than having him sit for a year, knowing he is leaving (I'm not sure anyone was all that satisfied wtih how it worked with Naby Keita for that in-between season). In uncertain financial times, RBL might like some assured payments coming in for a player who clearly wants to leave anyway.

Good point about selling clubs. Some clubs may (unfortunately) find themselves in a situation where they HAVE to sell players to raise funds for operating expenses. If we are shrewd, we may actually be able to snap up a bargain or two.
      shabbadoo
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 29,420 posts | 4581 
      Reply #97: May 20, 2020 03:26:12 pm
      Can't work out if you're being awkward or thick but I'm pretty sure it's not that hard to work out what I mean.

Needs to self isolate again...
      heimdall
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 13,818 posts | 2724 
      Reply #98: May 20, 2020 03:30:48 pm

Thanks for the insult after I politely asked for clarification, I still don't know what your point was, have you forgotten yourself?
      heimdall
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 13,818 posts | 2724 
      Reply #99: May 20, 2020 03:32:57 pm
      Needs to self isolate again...

Hmm, if I didn't know better I'd think that was a WUM comment.
      srslfc
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 32,111 posts | 4876 
      Reply #100: May 20, 2020 05:29:15 pm
      Thanks for the insult after I politely asked for clarification, I still don't know what your point was, have you forgotten yourself?

I haven't mate, just the way you ask questions sometimes it's very difficult to work out if you are being obtuse to get an argument going.

My point is in the current climate, I hope I don't need to explain this, I think the club and Jürgen will think twice before spending huge amount of money on footballers.

We got massive criticism for furlouging or staff and along with other media own goals over the years I think the club will be very aware of how it will look if we start splashing millions of pounds on players after deciding to use a government grant to pay our own staff.

stuey
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 35,963 posts | 3944 
      Reply #101: May 21, 2020 10:52:36 am
      I haven't mate, just the way you ask questions sometimes it's very difficult to work out if you are being obtuse to get an argument going.

My point is in the current climate, I hope I don't need to explain this, I think the club and Jürgen will think twice before spending huge amount of money on footballers.

We got massive criticism for furlouging or staff and along with other media own goals over the years I think the club will be very aware of how it will look if we start splashing millions of pounds on players after deciding to use a government grant to pay our own staff.

Word is Si  Klopp will get shut of 3 players to raise the £52m fee for Werner.
      No more than paper talk really.

7-King Kenny-7
      • Lives on Sesame Street
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 44,014 posts | 5760 
      • You'll Never Walk Alone!
      Reply #102: May 21, 2020 12:53:07 pm
      Word is Si  Klopp will get shut of 3 players to raise the £52m fee for Werner.
      No more than paper talk really.

I saw that article and it was just more pissing in the wind by journos. All they’ve done is list the 3 players most likely to be sold for any significant amount of money; Shaqiri, Wilson and Grujic. A 12 yr old could easily have come to that conclusion and wrote that article.
      heimdall
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 13,818 posts | 2724 
      Reply #103: May 21, 2020 05:49:07 pm

Ah ok, thanks I disagree or do you suggest that all businesses cease doing investments after this lockdown is over? Anyway didn't the club reverse that furlough thing?
      srslfc
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 32,111 posts | 4876 
      Reply #104: May 21, 2020 08:30:33 pm
      Ah ok, thanks I disagree or do you suggest that all businesses cease doing investments after this lockdown is over? Anyway didn't the club reverse that furlough thing?

I haven't suggested any business stop doing anything, just what I 'think' might happen at our club.

I could very well be wrong but just have a feeling those at the club will be thinking about how splashing millions of pounds on players might look and also may wait to see if the market shrinks any over the course of the next period.

And yes they did reverse the furlough but only because pressure made them do it.
      tezmac
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 11,111 posts | 896 
      • F**k the Sun F**k Murdoch F**k the press
      Reply #105: May 22, 2020 01:55:20 pm
      I haven't suggested any business stop doing anything, just what I 'think' might happen at our club.

I could very well be wrong but just have a feeling those at the club will be thinking about how splashing millions of pounds on players might look and also may wait to see if the market shrinks any over the course of the next period.

And yes they did reverse the furlough but only because pressure made them do it.

The only thing our owners will be thinking about splashing money about is how it will afect the balance books and f**k all else
      stuey
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 35,963 posts | 3944 
      Reply #106: May 22, 2020 04:16:43 pm
      I saw that article and it was just more pissing in the wind by journos. All they’ve done is list the 3 players most likely to be sold for any significant amount of money; Shaqiri, Wilson and Grujic. A 12 yr old could easily have come to that conclusion and wrote that article.

Precisely the reason "paper talk" was indicated, the premise that any monies resulting from the sale of those 'surplus to requirements' is on the other hand worthy of discussion.
      HUYTON RED
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 39,948 posts | 8458 
      Reply #107: May 23, 2020 07:35:46 pm

As you said in the other thread in transfers, the likes of Curtis Jones add to that Harry Wilson back from Bournemouth and Rhian Brewster will probably get a push up to first team squad for next season whenever that will be!
      higgy_sham
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 3,264 posts | 796 
      Reply #108: May 24, 2020 05:30:40 pm
      Banged in a hat trick today.
      shabbadoo
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 29,420 posts | 4581 
      Reply #109: May 24, 2020 05:39:00 pm
      I think the lad will be here in the summer.. going to look great in the new Nike kit..
      Robby The Z
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 9,034 posts | 2690 
      Reply #110: May 24, 2020 06:57:20 pm
      The finish on the first was good, the 2nd was just a tap in and the third was a nice lob of the keeper after a long free kick caught the Mainz defense unaware.

Lopsided game for sure, but Timo looks like he could fit in nicely.

Also of note, Taiwo Awoniyi, our loan player to Mainz, played the final 30 minutes and was maybe the only player to look like causing Leipzig any problems in the back. Not saying he belongs in our 18 and I don't think he's ever going to get a work permit, but you can see why somebody signed him a few years ago. Has some good attributes.

MIRO
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 12,989 posts | 3124 
      • Trust The Universe
      Reply #111: May 24, 2020 07:15:34 pm

Now on 30 for the season so far.
      shabbadoo
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 29,420 posts | 4581 
      Reply #112: May 24, 2020 07:34:00 pm
      FL Red
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 31,048 posts | 6294 
      Reply #113: May 24, 2020 11:53:58 pm
      Honigstein is pretty reliable for German news, think he has a good relationship with Klopp if I remember correctly.

Still skeptical the club will want to spend that kind of money in this climate. But who knows.
      shabbadoo
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 29,420 posts | 4581 
      Reply #114: May 25, 2020 12:25:43 am
      Honigstein is pretty reliable for German news, think he has a good relationship with Klopp if I remember correctly.

Still skeptical the club will want to spend that kind of money in this climate. But who knows.

Knowing Nike they would want a Marquee signing... kid fits the bill... I think the club/owners have plenty in the tank financial..

Quick Reply