Trending Topics

Next match: LFC v Brighton [Premier League] Sun 31st Mar @ 2:00 pm
      Anfield

Today is the 28th of March and on this date LFC's match record is P26 W11 D3 L12

Timo Werner (RB Leipzig)

Read 42470 times
      AlwaysTheKop
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 8,208 posts | 1418 
      • CHAMP19NS.
      Re: Timo Werner (RB Leipzig)
      Reply #184: Jun 04, 2020 08:20:47 pm
      If this kid is willing to go to Chelsea over us for a little more money......have fun with that. I think he'd be a great player for us but this seems like someone trying to force our hand and I don't think we should be playing those games anymore. Go to Chelsea and see how much you win.
      He hasn’t picked them over us, we’ve just become not interested, which I think is a mistake. If we went for him, he’d be ours, he’s made it no secret we’re his preference.
      rossyred
      • Forum Legend - Dalglish

• 9,090 posts | 1631 
      Reply #185: Jun 04, 2020 08:42:06 pm
      Mustn't be able to afford Sancho and Werner will just have to settle for Sancho then 🤪
      chats
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 31,018 posts | 2741 
      Reply #186: Jun 04, 2020 08:46:14 pm
      So how come Chelsea can spend, spend, spend but we can't because of Covid?

Seems a bit odd....almost like an excuse to not spend big?

They didn't spend anything last year because of their ban?

Or maybe Abramovich sees this as a big opportunity to close the gap because a lot of teams won't be spending so he's willing to take a risk.
      WeAreMenOfShanklysBest
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 396 posts | 114 
      • up the reds
      Reply #187: Jun 04, 2020 08:47:31 pm
      So how come Chelsea can spend, spend, spend but we can't because of Covid?

Seems a bit odd....almost like an excuse to not spend big?
      Tight as F**k our owners, hate to be that fella that moans about the owners but F***ing hell. Before anybody try’s to say it might be a smokescreen for another attacker Klopp absolutely does not go on video calls with a player who’s a smokescreen for someone else.

Covid a blessing to FSG an excuse not to spend. They’ve done a lot of good fsg (and bad) and are great businessmen and they offer great stability but this is a deal we should of got done.
      TameImpala
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 2,269 posts | 1216 
      • He's five foot seven, he's football heaven
      Reply #188: Jun 04, 2020 09:10:49 pm
      Not arsed whatsoever. If we really wanted / needed him we'd have paid the money and signed him, as we did with Alisson, Virgil, Naby etc.

Let's be honest - nobody on this forum would have seen him play more than a handful of games, if the club think we don't need him then that's good enough for me

Still 9 games to watch, a title to win and a massive celebration to have before I pay any interest in who we may or may not be signing. Even then I probably won't be that bothered, I'm happy to sit back and trust the current regime which has worked wonders in the market during the last 4/5 years and established us as the #1 team on the planet
      7-King Kenny-7
      • Lives on Sesame Street
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 44,014 posts | 5760 
      • You'll Never Walk Alone!
      Reply #189: Jun 04, 2020 09:20:02 pm
      And knocked out of the CL in the last 32.

Wait I thought that was okay because Adrian is fine as a backup and you can’t get a top quality keeper as backup?

Or is that just the narrative that suits some people?
      7-King Kenny-7
      • Lives on Sesame Street
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 44,014 posts | 5760 
      Reply #190: Jun 04, 2020 09:27:53 pm
      Also...we knew all along what it was going to cost to get this kid. This is way under his market value so it's not like there wasn't going to be SOMEONE that paid the release clause. So if we knew this was a great deal and it's someone that Jürgen wanted, why did we even talk to him to start with if we weren't serious about paying the money?

Something weird about this one......

What I find weird is Pulisic almost seemed destined for us because of Klopp, ended up at the Chavs, now the same with Werner. Could maybe look at it with Fernandes going to the Mancs too after how pally him and Klopp looked last summer.

If the club don’t want certain players then that’s fine, I don’t have a problem with that and I won’t dwell on other teams getting them instead. But what I don’t quite get is that these are players with a lot about them that are going for damn good prices in today’s market and of the age to be the long term successors to the players currently at the club they’d be competing with.

Not going for Werner doesn’t make me question the clubs decision not to, but it makes me question as to what exactly is it we are after. In terms of players ideally suited for us, Pulisic, Fernandes and Werner are probably right up there with as ideal as you can get.
      But in the midst of all this we sign Minamino who doesn’t really have any of the attributes any of the three players above.

So what exactly is it we are after in terms of a new signing that can come in and actually compete with our first choice players?

It’s all strange.

But Chavs could have a damn good team next season with Werner, Abraham, Ziyech, Pulisic, Odoi and Mount. All young too with their best years ahead of them. If they live up to their potential they are going to be a much bigger threat next season.
      FL Red
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 31,048 posts | 6293 
      Reply #191: Jun 04, 2020 09:31:23 pm
      I will say this, it is starting to look like we only buy big after we sell big.
      bazspeedman
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 15,743 posts | 2436 
      Reply #192: Jun 04, 2020 10:37:06 pm

Yup.

Wouldn't be surprised if Klopp was told by FSG he will need to sell a first team player to finance any big money signings.

Otherwise he needs to sign players under limited financial constraints ala Robbo, Shaqiri, Minamino etc.
      TameImpala
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 2,269 posts | 1216 
      Reply #193: Jun 04, 2020 11:03:54 pm
      Yup.

Wouldn't be surprised if Klopp was told by FSG he will need to sell a first team player to finance any big money signings.

Otherwise he needs to sign players under limited financial constraints ala Robbo, Shaqiri, Minamino etc.

He signed a contract extension a few months back, I doubt he would have been willing to commit his future if he was told that he'd have to operate on a shoestring.

There will be money to spend
      heimdall
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 13,818 posts | 2724 
      Reply #194: Jun 04, 2020 11:31:48 pm
      This is a F***ing joke, he will score a sh*t load for the chavs whilst we have lots of fun in January next year with a front three of Minamino, Origi and Bobby! Mo and Sadio being at the AFcon.

Werner was perfect for us but for the sake of £16m we let our rivals steal him!
      GERNS
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 12,208 posts | 1503 
      Reply #195: Jun 04, 2020 11:46:46 pm
      What do you think made the Chavs more desirable to Werner. Was it just the money ? I cant get my head around this. If he wanted to come to us so badly, he didn't have to sign for chavs no matter how much money they offered Liepzig. Something not right about this thats for sure.
      bazspeedman
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 15,743 posts | 2436 
      Reply #196: Jun 04, 2020 11:56:06 pm
      What do you think made the Chavs more desirable to Werner. Was it just the money ? I cant get my head around this. If he wanted to come to us so badly, he didn't have to sign for chavs no matter how much money they offered Liepzig. Something not right about this thats for sure.

He has already made clear his desire to play in the PL. We were his desired club but we've snubbed him. What's the guy supposed to do stay at a club he no longer wants to be at for another season or two hoping we eventually sign him on the cheap or peruse his desire to play in the PL? You can't criticise him for signing for the Chavs.
      FATKOPITE10
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 14,342 posts | 3368 
      • Liverpool fc give me tourettes
      Reply #197: Jun 05, 2020 12:26:38 am

Chelsea set to sell morata for about 49 million.
      FL Red
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 31,048 posts | 6293 
      Reply #198: Jun 05, 2020 01:18:02 am

How in the hell would they do that? Who is dumb enough to buy him for that?
      7-King Kenny-7
      • Lives on Sesame Street
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 44,014 posts | 5760 
      Reply #199: Jun 05, 2020 01:58:45 am
      How in the hell would they do that? Who is dumb enough to buy him for that?

Obligation to buy in the agreement that took him on loan back to Atletico last summer.
      what-a-hit-son
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 16,466 posts | 4816 
      • t: @MrPrice1979 i: @klmprice101518
      Reply #200: Jun 05, 2020 05:06:30 am
      I see the usual suspects are losing their minds over this on Twitter.

So many people seem to think transfers are the only important part of football.

We're about to win the league for the first time on 30 years on the back of the International treble and the club while Jürgen has been her has proven they know what they are doing

Enjoy the moment.

Mate, i am totally with most of this, enjoy the moment and that but there's a little part of me that can't stop having a little peak ahead to when Klopp leaves and to be honest, when that happens, it worries me that it will look very Brendan Rodgers, again.

You're right, though, waited too long for this to let transfers ruin my Summer. I've even got a Merseyside derby on my birthday by the look of it.
      adammac
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 4,757 posts | 239 
      • Heart As Big As Liverpool
      Reply #201: Jun 05, 2020 06:10:09 am
      Disappointed if Werner ends up going to Chelsea, he looked good from the handful of games I saw and has good track record as far as scoring. It was a move that just checked so many boxes and seem too logical not to happen. He fit our need of pacey attacker, go by reports Klopp was a fan, he was good value (especially pre COVID days) and he wanted to come here.

I understand that club little wary of investing at this point in time given the uncertainty right at this moment and with the clause set to expire soon
       they did not want to pull the trigger. Maybe as we finish off this season and get bit more of picture of what 20/21 season will look like from financial point of view that we will spend. It may not affect some clubs but majority of club are going to feel the pinch, sucks for a player like Gini trying to sign a new deal and maybe FSG feels like some clubs will be forced to sell players for cheaper than they're worth to balance the book than we can be in poised to benefit from that.
      Scottbot
      • Forum Legend - Dalglish

• 9,542 posts | 2135 
      Reply #202: Jun 05, 2020 07:08:43 am
      I think Werner would have been a good fit for us, he’s very quick, skilful and also quite versatile. The problem we have recruiting any top forward is that they will know they have to break into a very talented front three who are entrenched in their positions and reverted across Europe. It makes it a tougher sell
      heimdall
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 13,818 posts | 2724 
      Reply #203: Jun 05, 2020 08:01:53 am

If true then that makes missing out on Werner even more annoying. One thing I don't understand is that we spent F**k all last summer, same as the Chavs, we post a record profit this year and get a new mega sponsorship deal with Nike, yet somehow we can't find an extra £16m to get a player desperate to come and play for us, this just sucks. Remember that Chelsea have already bought that other player form Ajax and are on the look out for more players. They will be a very dangerous team next year whilst we stand still for yet another year, I guarantee that we won't win by such a big margin, if we win at all, AFCON and/or injuries will F**k us up next year.
      heimdall
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 13,818 posts | 2724 
      Reply #204: Jun 05, 2020 08:06:45 am
      I think Werner would have been a good fit for us, he’s very quick, skilful and also quite versatile. The problem we have recruiting any top forward is that they will know they have to break into a very talented front three who are entrenched in their positions and reverted across Europe. It makes it a tougher sell

Oh God not this chestnut again, because we already have forwards we can't sign any more, weird how that doesn't stop any other top teams having talented players on the bench ready to rotate in. Also makes me wonder why Jesus stays at Citeh when he knows he's behind Sterling and Aguero, what a Mug!!!
      Lallana in Pyjamas
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 12,479 posts | 3285 
      Reply #205: Jun 05, 2020 08:53:12 am
      If true then that makes missing out on Werner even more annoying. One thing I don't understand is that we spent f**k all last summer, same as the Chavs, we post a record profit this year and get a new mega sponsorship deal with Nike, yet somehow we can't find an extra £16m to get a player desperate to come and play for us, this just sucks. Remember that Chelsea have already bought that other player form Ajax and are on the look out for more players. They will be a very dangerous team next year whilst we stand still for yet another year, I guarantee that we won't win by such a big margin, if we win at all, AFCON and/or injuries will f**k us up next year.

You really do not have a F***ing clue

When did we last stand still ?!

And you can’t guarentee anything - I bet you were posting the same sh*te last summer as well

The Nike deal right now is irrelevant, the club are building up all areas - stadium ( not that you ever see it ) , training facilities - try to build a sustainable future
      TameImpala
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 2,269 posts | 1216 
      Reply #206: Jun 05, 2020 09:04:10 am
      How are people so convinced we won't be signing anybody for next season?

There's still a quarter of the current season left to play

Next season doesn't even have a start date yet. People crying about the F***ing AFCON when there's a decent chance that it won't even be going ahead

Quick Reply