Trending Topics

Next match: Fulham v LFC [Premier League] Sun 21st Apr @ 4:30 pm
      Craven Cottage

Today is the 19th of April and on this date LFC's match record is P32 W19 D8 L5

Timo Werner (RB Leipzig)

Read 42811 times
      Lallana in Pyjamas
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 12,687 posts | 3363 
      Re: Timo Werner (RB Leipzig)
      Reply #276: Jun 06, 2020 05:38:05 am
      Dempsey: Wouldn't pay up
      Salah 2014: As above
      Sanchez: As above
      Konoplyanka: As above
      Fekir: As above
      Werner: As above

There's a few of the ones that got away. We went 7 years without a trophy until last year. Even Wigan were winning them in that time.

Common Denominator: FSG

Werner was ideal for what we need at this time. The squad needs to be strengthened, and the strike force need serious competition. This guy scores 30 goals a season in a major league, is an international, and still knocking them in the European Cup. He's proven at the highest level, and wanted to play for Klopp. Unfortunately the owners didn't want to pay for him so he went elsewhere. Even the signings they do get over the line are often long and drawn out, while they're arguing the toss over incentives and moneyball. You snooze you lose, in the dog eat dog transfer market. And we've lost again.

We have one trophy left to play for, with 9 games to go. If we invested in a proper reserve keeper, we might still be in the cups. What we got was someone at the last minute on a free transfer. As we're out of the cups, his season is already over and he will never play for us again.

I'm convinced that the training ground was and is primarily JĂźrgen's idea. It's of no concern to the owners where we train. They're baseball heads not football people, and their only interest in the club is the glamour side. JĂźrgen probably wondered why are there different sites for us, when we can amalgamate Kirkby and Melwood, (Tranmere for the women) so everyone operates in the one spot. So we have a new training ground. I've no doubt it will be state of the art, but that's not enough for us to succeed in it's own. We thought after winning the league in 1990, that the club was running smoothly. Within a couple of years, we were struggling to finish in the top 8 with a lot of catching up to do.

Only one player out of that list would be considered a miss - Sanchez. And they were all under Ayre and Rodgers - world of difference now

Dempsey - they wanted Henderson in a swap , do you really think we missed out ?

Sanchez - he chose London

Salah - Chelsea decided to pay double what we bid , I’m glad because we got a better 3 years later and under Klopp

Konoplyanka- the release clause was met , their owner refused to let him leave

Fekir - serious knee issues

So in reality we aren’t “missing” out due to FSG

As for the rest of the tripe you posted - moneyball ?! Why are you going on about that

A reserve GK is reserve for a reason and let’s not forget Adrian impact early in the season - who would you have instead

We haven’t “lost” out on Werner to Chelsea , the club decided that he wasn’t financially viable in the current situation
      Arab Scouse
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 4,161 posts | 829 
      Reply #277: Jun 06, 2020 08:00:12 am
      We've been at a net loss for the past 3 months. No income and paying player and staff wages, and any other overhead costs. This will really reflect on our end of year result of 2020 next year.

I can understand why Liverpool doesn't want to splash 54m and 200k a week wage on a player who will not even be in our starting XI. It's ridiculous money given our situation.

Arab Scouse
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 4,161 posts | 829 
      Reply #278: Jun 06, 2020 08:05:14 am
      The top and bottom of all this is were a buissness here to make money for our owners nothing to do with our history. They are not like City's owners or Chelsea who run there team for pleasure were here to make money plain and simple. For all us supporters this was a terrible decision for FSG it was poor business end of something I fear we will live to regret

City owners don't run their team for pleasure.
      therealjr
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 1,116 posts | 147 
      Reply #279: Jun 06, 2020 08:36:36 am
      It’s always frustrating when we don’t get our transfer targets, but what’s more important is who we do end up with.
      Let’s hope history doesn’t repeat itself like the last two German targets we went after.
      We missed out on Gotze and instead we signed someone from Southampton. Southampton?? Mane I think his name was. God knows what happened to him. Then having missed out on  Brandt we signed some or other Chelsea reject     Think he’s on loan in China now isn’t he?
      Let’s hope we make a better job this time!!!
      heimdall
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 13,818 posts | 2724 
      Reply #280: Jun 06, 2020 09:31:03 am
      City owners don't run their team for pleasure.

Nope more a money laundering, white washing thing
      shabbadoo
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 29,420 posts | 4581 
      Reply #281: Jun 06, 2020 09:44:33 am
      You would think with the current low interest rates the owners would borrow ....
      £54 million in a steal for a player of Timo‘s quality..

I don’t believe the money is not there.. we got £70 million coming in with Nike...
      7-King Kenny-7
      • Lives on Sesame Street
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 44,014 posts | 5760 
      • You'll Never Walk Alone!
      Reply #282: Jun 06, 2020 09:48:58 am
      You would think with the current low interest rates the owners would borrow ....

I do hope you’re joking. Given what we went through with H&G I can’t believe someone would actually be that stupid to seriously suggest such a thing.
      shabbadoo
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 29,420 posts | 4581 
      Reply #283: Jun 06, 2020 09:58:50 am
      I do hope you’re joking. Given what we went through with H&G I can’t believe someone would actually be that stupid to seriously suggest such a thing.

I guess your stupid enough to place FSG in the same financial bracket as H&G..,

SMH...

How about the owners “borrowing” the club the money interest free...?

Magillionare
      • Official LFC Reds Sig Maker. Lives on Sesame Street.
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 14,918 posts | 2381 
      • Hold on a minute, John Wayne hasn't arrived yet.
      Reply #284: Jun 06, 2020 10:24:10 am
      I’ve not been on a while. I’ve not read any comments. If you are saying FSGOut like some of the petulant children on Twitter then go F**k yourself.
      FL Red
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 31,226 posts | 6353 
      Reply #285: Jun 06, 2020 10:32:34 am
      I posted the other day Shabs, depending on what report you believe spurs made between ÂŁ20 -80m less than us last year and they've just had to borrow ÂŁ175m from the bank of England and I think most would readily admit that financially they are one of the better run clubs.

I'm happy to enjoy where we're at rather than add any debt onto the club, been there, done that.

And I believe Spurs had to say they weren’t going to use any of that loan for transfers so it’s not like they borrowed that money to go spend on players. That’s why I said in the other thread we might as well shut down the transfer threads (somewhat tongue in cheek) because if we can’t afford to buy Werner then we aren’t going to be buying anyone.
      7-King Kenny-7
      • Lives on Sesame Street
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 44,014 posts | 5760 
      • You'll Never Walk Alone!
      Reply #286: Jun 06, 2020 10:47:26 am
      I guess your stupid enough to place FSG in the same financial bracket as H&G..,

SMH...

How about the owners “borrowing” the club the money interest free...?

No, not wanting the owners to take out any loans isn’t stupid at all.

You think they’d get interest free loans?! Yeah ok then pal. You go find where you’d get a multi million pound interest free loan.

Clown. Let’s go take out loans again because Shabs isn’t happy we didn’t sign Werner. Christ sake, things really have gotten ridiculous.
      RC9
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 9,897 posts | 816 
      • Formerly known as Vtorres, Vsuarez, and Vsterling.
      Reply #287: Jun 06, 2020 10:48:29 am
      Did we ever NEED this guy? Not really, it was just something we bought into, annoying to lose out to him to Chelski but who cares, we will still outscore them.
      shabbadoo
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 29,420 posts | 4581 
      Reply #288: Jun 06, 2020 11:12:18 am
      No, not wanting the owners to take out any loans isn’t stupid at all.

You think they’d get interest free loans?! Yeah ok then pal. You go find where you’d get a multi million pound interest free loan.

Clown. Let’s go take out loans again because Shabs isn’t happy we didn’t sign Werner. Christ sake, things really have gotten ridiculous.

Your mistaken if you think I’m upset the club/Klopp have not bought Werner, I’m just making a point about the money being there if they want to spend it... All
      Sound business have financial contingency plans in place, We do..

The owners have borrowed the club interest free loans previously, look at the accounts, so what’s stopping them from dipping into their own reserves ..?

I borrow my business money interest free when the business needs a cash flow injection, I use bank loans to bridge cash flow issues short term as I know the revenues will return...What I don’t do is borrow for the sake of borrowing putting my business in a compromising position financially...

Arab Scouse
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 4,161 posts | 829 
      Reply #289: Jun 06, 2020 11:35:03 am
      Your mistaken if you think I’m upset the club/Klopp have not bought Werner, I’m just making a point about the money being there if they want to spend it... All
      Sound business have financial contingency plans in place, We do..

The owners have borrowed the club interest free loans previously, look at the accounts, so what’s stopping them from dipping into their own reserves ..?

I borrow my business money interest free when the business needs a cash flow injection, I use bank loans to bridge cash flow issues short term as I know the revenues will return...What I don’t do is borrow for the sake of borrowing putting my business in a compromising position financially...

No the owners did not borrow any money interest free. They lend the club interest free loans.

No bank on earth would give anyone 0 interest loans.
      shabbadoo
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 29,420 posts | 4581 
      Reply #290: Jun 06, 2020 11:37:45 am
      No the owners did not borrow any money interest free. They lend the club interest free loans.

No bank on earth would give anyone 0 interest loans.

Borrowing/Lend mean the same thing to me..

Jeez..
      Lallana in Pyjamas
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 12,687 posts | 3363 
      Reply #291: Jun 06, 2020 12:17:47 pm
      Why on earth do we need to get loans ?
      Magillionare
      • Official LFC Reds Sig Maker. Lives on Sesame Street.
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 14,918 posts | 2381 
      • Hold on a minute, John Wayne hasn't arrived yet.
      Reply #292: Jun 06, 2020 12:52:15 pm
      Does anyone actually think we should pay ÂŁ200,000 a week, the highest wages in the club, to an impact sub?

I like Werner, I think he's a great fit however I cannot agree with throwing money at something just because. He doesn't deserve more money than any of our starting 11. If he comes in as the highest earner, it's not going to sit well with the rest of the team and all of a sudden you've got 10-15 people demanding new contracts. It's a nightmare.
      RC9
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 9,897 posts | 816 
      • Formerly known as Vtorres, Vsuarez, and Vsterling.
      Reply #293: Jun 06, 2020 12:54:21 pm
      Does anyone actually think we should pay ÂŁ200,000 a week, the highest wages in the club, to an impact sub?

I like Werner, I think he's a great fit however I cannot agree with throwing money at something just because. He doesn't deserve more money than any of our starting 11. If he comes in as the highest earner, it's not going to sit well with the rest of the team and all of a sudden you've got 10-15 people demanding new contracts. It's a nightmare.

Could have been detrimental to squad morale and right now squad more is as high as it has ever been and really is our biggest strength.
      Lallana in Pyjamas
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 12,687 posts | 3363 
      Reply #294: Jun 06, 2020 01:04:10 pm

Stop being sensible and looking at the bigger picture
      glennusmc
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 5,753 posts | 460 
      Reply #295: Jun 06, 2020 01:07:51 pm
      I wanted Werner, not going to lie, but I trust the brass and Klopp. Hopefully, god willing, this will give Wilson a great opportunity to shine when given some playing time. Just my thoughts
      heimdall
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 13,818 posts | 2724 
      Reply #296: Jun 06, 2020 01:07:58 pm
      Why on earth do we need to get loans ?

because we don't have a pot to piss in apparently, we can't even afford ÂŁ50m for a player who wants to come to us and who would provide genuine competition to our existing forwards and who's value will only increase over the next few years.
      heimdall
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 13,818 posts | 2724 
      Reply #297: Jun 06, 2020 01:09:30 pm

I'm fairly sure quite a few of our players are on more than ÂŁ200k per week aren't they, if not we should be very worried because they'd be targets for poaching!!
      tq redz
      • Forum Paul Ince

• 81 posts | 14 
      Reply #298: Jun 06, 2020 01:10:16 pm
      I would still like to know where the 100m we had for transfers before we sold the little Brazilian went.

Quick Reply