Trending Topics

Next match: LFC v Brighton [Premier League] Sun 31st Mar @ 2:00 pm
      Anfield

Today is the 28th of March and on this date LFC's match record is P26 W11 D3 L12

Timo Werner (RB Leipzig)

Read 42489 times
      tq redz
      • Forum Paul Ince

• 81 posts | 14 
      Re: Timo Werner (RB Leipzig)
      Reply #299: Jun 06, 2020 01:11:35 pm
      Add to that two Champions League finals and a runner up spot in the prem.
      heimdall
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 13,818 posts | 2724 
      Reply #300: Jun 06, 2020 01:11:59 pm
      I wanted Werner, not going to lie, but I trust the brass and Klopp. Hopefully, god willing, this will give Wilson a great opportunity to shine when given some playing time. Just my thoughts

Wilson will never ever be as good as Werner already is, Elliott is a different story and the jury is still out on Minamino. We do have some very good youngsters but they won't help much next season, no it will be the same front three and we'll just have to hope that they don't have a sustained dip in form or injury, it's a big risk.
      heimdall
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 13,818 posts | 2724 
      Reply #301: Jun 06, 2020 01:14:44 pm

I do sort of agree, where the F**k is our transfer budget, consider that we spent sod all last summer as well.  Can Covid-19 have hit the finances so hard, if so why????  The only revenue lost should be Gate receipts and that was just for 5 matches. We should be able to absorb that, if not its very scary indeed. TV money should still be there, same with sponsorship and merchandising.
      tq redz
      • Forum Paul Ince

• 81 posts | 14 
      Reply #302: Jun 06, 2020 01:29:39 pm
      Our transfer budget seems to be the same as it was before we regularly qualified for the Champions League. Spend about 40 million on a first teamer ie Mane-Salah, with up and coming 18 year olds from across Europe. The exception to this rule is if we sell and make a huge profit, the money gets reinvested.
      tq redz
      • Forum Paul Ince

• 81 posts | 14 
      Reply #303: Jun 06, 2020 01:32:58 pm
      Wages will also play a huge part, as I cannot remember us buying already made superstars. Players that we seem to sign have potential but make their name with us.
      Lallana in Pyjamas
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 12,479 posts | 3285 
      Reply #304: Jun 06, 2020 01:52:45 pm
      because we don't have a pot to piss in apparently, we can't even afford £50m for a player who wants to come to us and who would provide genuine competition to our existing forwards and who's value will only increase over the next few years.

Have you lived in a cave the last three months ?

Can you even begin to comprehend the level of finances we would have lost over three months of not playing.

The club are not going to pay someone more than anyone else in the squad to be a bench player , they are not going to spend £52 mill plus agents fees on a player who isn’t better than any of our front three.

You are going to keep crying and crying just like you no doubt did when we didn’t get Fekir or didn’t buy Fernandes.

Can you tell me when since Klopp arrived to work alongside Edwards they have got a transfer wrong ?
      Swab
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 13,361 posts | 3462 
      Reply #305: Jun 06, 2020 02:15:36 pm

Have you lived in a cave the last three months ?

Can you even begin to comprehend the level of finances we would have lost over three months of not playing.

The club are not going to pay someone more than anyone else in the squad to be a bench player , they are not going to spend £52 mill plus agents fees on a player who isn’t better than any of our front three.

You are going to keep crying and crying just like you no doubt did when we didn’t get Fekir or didn’t buy Fernandes.

Can you tell me when since Klopp arrived to work alongside Edwards they have got a transfer wrong ?

Gate receipts add up to around 15-20% of revenue, and we simply don't know when we'll have that money again, across the league.

It's not exactly rocket science to understand that losing up to 20% of revenue, when the wage bill is 58% is going to put a crimp in finances.
      stuey
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 35,963 posts | 3944 
      Reply #306: Jun 06, 2020 03:19:51 pm

Wonder how much the Nike deal brings in?
      stuey
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 35,963 posts | 3944 
      Reply #307: Jun 06, 2020 03:36:59 pm
      Our transfer budget seems to be the same as it was before we regularly qualified for the Champions League. Spend about 40 million on a first teamer ie Mane-Salah, with up and coming 18 year olds from across Europe. The exception to this rule is if we sell and make a huge profit, the money gets reinvested.

Let's hope that some funds are made available to strengthen a squad that will be decimated next season when the Africa cup gets under way.
      Don't anyone hold their breathe.
      Boston not la
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 3,564 posts | 766 
      Reply #308: Jun 06, 2020 03:46:45 pm
      I’ve not been on a while. I’ve not read any comments. If you are saying FSGOut like some of the petulant children on Twitter then go f**k yourself.

Is right mate. i had a check on twitter to see what lfc boston was up to,total shitshow of so called reds bitching and crying,don't think any of em were actually from here but ya have to wade thru so much nonsense to find any real info.
      Lallana in Pyjamas
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 12,479 posts | 3285 
      Reply #309: Jun 06, 2020 04:02:57 pm
      Wonder how much the Nike deal brings in?

Right now nothing , and a lot of the Nike money is based on sharing commercial sales etc as opposed to a fixed fee
      Lallana in Pyjamas
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 12,479 posts | 3285 
      Reply #310: Jun 06, 2020 04:03:42 pm
      Let's hope that some funds are made available to strengthen a squad that will be decimated next season when the Africa cup gets under way.
      Don't anyone hold their breathe.

AFCON Looking likely to be postponed until 2022
      shabbadoo
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 29,420 posts | 4581 
      Reply #311: Jun 06, 2020 04:04:53 pm
      Right now nothing , and a lot of the Nike money is based on sharing commercial sales etc as opposed to a fixed fee

Worldwide & home sales would probably see NIKE recoup most of that outlay..

Any idea how many jerseys the club sell..? Would be interesting to know..
      Lallana in Pyjamas
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 12,479 posts | 3285 
      Reply #312: Jun 06, 2020 04:10:15 pm
      Worldwide & home sales would probably see NIKE recoup most of that outlay..

Any idea how many jerseys the club sell..? Would be interesting to know..

It’s around 1.1 million shirts sold

What does help with the Nike deal is they also get added to the thousands of Nike stores around the world
      shabbadoo
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 29,420 posts | 4581 
      Reply #313: Jun 06, 2020 04:19:13 pm
      It’s around 1.1 million shirts sold

What does help with the Nike deal is they also get added to the thousands of Nike stores around the world

So minimum price £65 ..sales just on jerseys £65 million..? Forget the added on stuff..

Easy money..
      Lallana in Pyjamas
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 12,479 posts | 3285 
      Reply #314: Jun 06, 2020 04:37:02 pm
      So minimum price £65 ..sales just on jerseys £65 million..? Forget the added on stuff..

Easy money..

We get £30mil up front plus 20% Of the sale , normally most clubs get about 5-7.5%
      Scottbot
      • Forum Legend - Dalglish

• 9,542 posts | 2135 
      Reply #315: Jun 06, 2020 04:40:05 pm
      Oh God not this chestnut again, because we already have forwards we can't sign any more, weird how that doesn't stop any other top teams having talented players on the bench ready to rotate in. Also makes me wonder why Jesus stays at Citeh when he knows he's behind Sterling and Aguero, what a Mug!!!

I wanted us to sign a top quality forward last year mate and had plenty to say about it when we didn’t and you had even more to say I recall. In fact you pained a bit of a doomsday picture of what might happen if we hadn’t but the plain and simple truth of it is that we’re it not fir this bloody virus we would have wrapped up the title in March, would have smashed the 100 point record and would have completed the most dominant league campaign in English football history.

I like Werner, cracking little player but had he been a red this past season how much would he have played? In all honesty not nearly as much as he’d have liked is the answer and it’ll be the same next season barring injuries. There’s no need to get hysterical about this one, you got quite hysterical last summer and were proved completely wrong, so was I.
      Tayls

• 5,378 posts | 510 
      Reply #316: Jun 06, 2020 05:12:35 pm
      Uhh sorry Scott did you just admit you were wrong? That is NOT allowed on a forum mate, get a grip  :roll:

On Werner - he is interested in us, and we can definitely afford his price tag so if we aren't hitting that release clause as Chelsea have then we aren't that keen on him, pretty simple.
      Scottbot

• 9,542 posts | 2135 
      Reply #317: Jun 06, 2020 05:23:35 pm
      Uhh sorry Scott did you just admit you were wrong? That is NOT allowed on a forum mate, get a grip  :roll:

On Werner - he is interested in us, and we can definitely afford his price tag so if we aren't hitting that release clause as Chelsea have then we aren't that keen on him, pretty simple.

Haha yeah you don’t get much of that in here! Edwards and the Manager seem to know what they’re don’t they? League Titke, European Champions, 3 European finals and 4 finals in total over 5 seasons says so. I’m not gonna get in a twist about this.
      tq redz
      • Forum Paul Ince

• 81 posts | 14 
      Reply #318: Jun 06, 2020 05:35:29 pm
      The guy from Wolves is who we are after.
      Magillionare
      • Official LFC Reds Sig Maker. Lives on Sesame Street.
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 14,918 posts | 2381 
      • Hold on a minute, John Wayne hasn't arrived yet.
      Reply #319: Jun 06, 2020 06:15:33 pm
      I'm fairly sure quite a few of our players are on more than £200k per week aren't they, if not we should be very worried because they'd be targets for poaching!!

Not 1000% sure but I did some googling and seen Mo was on 200k and everyone else below.
      7-King Kenny-7
      • Lives on Sesame Street
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 44,014 posts | 5760 
      • You'll Never Walk Alone!
      Reply #320: Jun 06, 2020 06:45:12 pm
      Excuse the source being talkaloadofbull.com

https://mobile.twitter.com/goal/status/1269261287428624386
      tq redz
      • Forum Paul Ince

• 81 posts | 14