Trending Topics

Next match: LFC v Brighton [Premier League] Sun 31st Mar @ 2:00 pm
      Anfield

Today is the 28th of March and on this date LFC's match record is P26 W11 D3 L12

Timo Werner (RB Leipzig)

Read 42478 times
      Lallana in Pyjamas
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 12,479 posts | 3285 
      Re: Timo Werner (RB Leipzig)
      Reply #368: Jun 08, 2020 04:42:06 pm
      The Werner deal has been agreed. Just not by us.

Nobody has demanded 200m quid be spent on players to sit on the bench. All we're asking is that the squad is strengthened, because it needs to be. So we don't go 7 years winning nothing again, or even 30 years hoping to win one trophy. Because you can safely bet our rivals will be doing it in the next transfer window. We used to laugh at Spurs for not investing in their squad. Now it's us that have that problem and it's not a joke. We cannot expect to spend 5m on teenagers and expect to compete for 4 major trophies next season. Only Norwich spent less than us last summer, and they're about to be relegated.

It seems to me you are more interested in what we spend as opposed to the results on the pitch - who cares if only Norwich spent less , we have improved to the point we have a 20 plus point lead at the top of the table - if you can’t see that it shows you don’t always have to spend to improve a team. The manager and his policy and structure is improving the team , we are integrating youth players and if the manager really needs a player then I have no doubt they will buy him

Its true that the commercial side has gone from strength to strength. Record revenues here, record profits there, lucrative deal with Nike on the way, and yet we're still prioritising this competition over that competition because we don't have the players to compete on multiple fronts, like the best teams in Europe have every year. Doesn't make sense.
      we will never have players to compete on all fronts , not many teams do especially when we have 4 trophies , 99% of the teams priority is the league and the CL if they are in it. City maybe be able to attract multi millions to sit on the bench , same with PSG but I’m sure you can guess their connection.

We have a very good squad right now and one that can challenge on both the league and CL , and that is what matters

As for Kenny not working out, he brought us to two cup finals, won us our only trophy for 13 years, and got us back into Europe, despite having to deal with the 8 game ban for Suarez based on no evidence. The next season after Kenny left, we won no trophies and didn't qualify for Europe. The following year, our esteemed owners signed the laziest player in world football to replace Suarez, and we know how that went. It was 5 years after that, before silverware was added to the cabinet.

Kenny was the wrong pick after his initial period of interim manager and he even admitted that he shouldn’t have been given the job , you bleat on about challenging on all fronts and with Kenny we were shocking in the league. And why was it our owners signing lazy players ? Was that not with the management ? Or did they personally sign him.

Our transfer policy is largely dependent on  players such as VVD are willing to wait around for us to sign them up. In his case it worked, in most cases it doesn't.

Just VVD ? What about all the other players signed since Rodgers left ?

Mane , Mo , Gini , Fabinho , Alisson , Firmino , Robbo , Matip

It’s quite clear that the transfer policy is working and has helped the manager build a team that wins major competitions

When we do win the league, all the credit should go to Jürgen, as he is the difference between where we are, and where the owners would have us be without him.

The credit goes to the whole of the team not just Klopp and Klopp himself will recognise that
      Lallana in Pyjamas
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 12,479 posts | 3285 
      Reply #369: Jun 08, 2020 04:50:00 pm
      As stated LFC was solvent pre H&G.
      When NESV saw LFC on the brink of bankruptcy due to very questionable business practices they instigated legal proceedings, H&G were fu**ed off and LFC were a steal at £350m.
      That £350m has quadrupled with no further investment - we should be grateful for what?
      NESV saw an opportunity to acquire an asset that was capable of returning their investment over a guaranteed period and had the means to accomplish the takeover.

LFC is increasing their wealth with absolutely no expenditure and no input whatsoever.

That’s pretty poor if you tbink that have improved the club with no input - really poor.

Im not sure what your issues are with the owners but under their ownership we are back where we belong

Maybe you are unable to swallow some sort of pride or back track on this negative theory about the owners.
      tezmac
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 11,111 posts | 896 
      • F**k the Sun F**k Murdoch F**k the press
      Reply #370: Jun 08, 2020 05:01:40 pm
      So by the sounds of everything we're going again with the same squad minus the odd one or two for 20/21 then probably spend big for 21/22 when we've cashed in the initial nike shirt/kit sales.

M'bappe ;)

:laugh:

Not a chance we would have to sell to buy give it a season and we will be going backwards
      heimdall
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 13,818 posts | 2724 
      Reply #371: Jun 08, 2020 05:03:26 pm
      I guessed you don’t ..😂

Seriously though, that’s a poor statement from Stuart..

He has ingrained himself so deep into anti FSG hate that he has to continue with his crusade..

Its one of the reasons I used to lock horns with him, he goes on a crusade and just gets completely blinkered to any reasoned argument or debate. I know I can be a pain in the arse as well but I do genuinely try to take other points on board and sometimes, very very rarely, I do change my mind. ;-)
      tezmac
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 11,111 posts | 896 
      • F**k the Sun F**k Murdoch F**k the press
      Reply #372: Jun 08, 2020 05:04:00 pm
      Everton have outspent us !
      heimdall
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 13,818 posts | 2724 
      Reply #373: Jun 08, 2020 05:05:41 pm

That’s pretty poor if you tbink that have improved the club with no input - really poor.

Im not sure what your issues are with the owners but under their ownership we are back where we belong

Maybe you are unable to swallow some sort of pride or back track on this negative theory about the owners.

They are rich American capitalists, anyone of those three is enough reason for Stuey to hate them, combined its just toxic!!

in all seriousness I do wish the owners could make some more money available sometimes but I'd much rather have careful and smart owners than reckless idiots.
      heimdall
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 13,818 posts | 2724 
      Reply #374: Jun 08, 2020 05:06:00 pm

and how did that work out last season?
      7-King Kenny-7
      • Lives on Sesame Street
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 44,014 posts | 5760 
      • You'll Never Walk Alone!
      Reply #375: Jun 08, 2020 05:08:53 pm
      This has quite clearly gone into a topic about the owners.

Locked until there are any further updates on the club and Timo Werner.

Quick Reply