Trending Topics

Next match: Atalanta v LFC [Europa League] Thu 18th Apr @ 8:00 pm - Pre Match Topic
      Stadio di Bergamo

Today is the 16th of April and on this date LFC's match record is P31 W16 D7 L8

Man City - 2 Year Champions League Ban

Read 32802 times
      GERNS
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 12,280 posts | 1513 
      Re: Man City - 2 Year Champions League Ban
      Reply #92: Feb 16, 2020 01:39:54 am
      I’m thinking they are all working in overdrive trying to find the UEFA officials who will take a big fat bung.
      Can’t see any other way out for them !
      Good job too, cheating bas**rds.

They are not a truly global brand.
      Not even close to the likes of us, Barca, real, Utd, juve, so their global shirt and merchandise sales will be lots lower.
      Considering their percentage of empty seats in the stadium, the ticket sales would be less. So where are we supposed to think the money comes from, comparatively, to other clubs. 🤷‍♂️
      I really hope they sink like s stone, with players and manager jumping ship.
      Wouldn’t be surprised to see the Mansour’s Selling up 😁
      clint_call01
      • King Live Match Starter
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 11,675 posts | 3696 
      • Ynwa... lfc till I die !
      Reply #93: Feb 16, 2020 12:22:18 pm
      The Dailymail expressed that City may lose their 2014 title. I really hope so, so that Gerrard will have a title under his name! Will it count officially if so?
      stuey
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 35,999 posts | 3950 
      Reply #94: Feb 16, 2020 12:47:24 pm
      I’m thinking they are all working in overdrive trying to find the UEFA officials who will take a big fat bung.
      Can’t see any other way out for them !
      Good job too, cheating bas**rds.

They are not a truly global brand.
      Not even close to the likes of us, Barca, real, Utd, juve, so their global shirt and merchandise sales will be lots lower.
      Considering their percentage of empty seats in the stadium, the ticket sales would be less. So where are we supposed to think the money comes from, comparatively, to other clubs. 🤷‍♂️
      I really hope they sink like s stone, with players and manager jumping ship.
      Wouldn’t be surprised to see the Mansour’s Selling up 😁

Should the Arabs get off which is not unthinkable, the question arises of who would buy a liability of an asset which is questionably solvent?
      HUYTON RED
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 40,067 posts | 8514 
      Reply #95: Feb 16, 2020 01:57:26 pm
      Some of the proper city fans are sound.

I'll be honest most of the older ones seem like Real ale drinking weirdo's and the younger mob seem like self-entitled tin foil hat wearing wankers and they're still F***ing mancs!

HUYTON RED
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 40,067 posts | 8514 
      Reply #96: Feb 16, 2020 01:59:02 pm
      The Dailymail expressed that City may lose their 2014 title. I really hope so, so that Gerrard will have a title under his name! Will it count officially if so?

I wouldn't want it thank you very much, we didn't win it!! Let them keep their title and asterisk next to it #TaintedTitle

The F***ing irony.
      Harrisimo
      • Forum Legend - Dalglish

• 8,155 posts | 1381 
      Reply #97: Feb 16, 2020 03:09:35 pm
      Murky business all round. I believe City do get a representative on the CAS panel. So they will obviously get the chance to make their excuses. Exaggerating sponsorship deals and image rights etc is probably rife.I mean look at Barca...writing off massive sums off the Coutinho deal and still spending bucket loads.

Money talks in all walks of life and if were going to start taking titles off teams who had a massively rich sugar daddies behind them...where do we start..
      waltonl4
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 37,585 posts | 7139 
      Reply #98: Feb 16, 2020 03:50:09 pm

ha ha this Karma stuff just gets better and better we go from 18 to twenty in just  a few short weeks
      sms1986
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 1,182 posts | 453 
      Reply #99: Feb 16, 2020 03:53:16 pm
      ha ha this Karma stuff just gets better and better we go from 18 to twenty in just  a few short weeks

I've read that the investigation only covered up to 2016 so there could be even more problems for City. ;D
      sebby
      • Forum Alan Hansen

• 624 posts | 59 
      Reply #100: Feb 16, 2020 04:05:11 pm
      Lance armstrong was stripped of all his tour de france wins, because he broke the rules, in City's case any trophies won during the period they have been investigated for, and found guilty,should be stripped, and the teams that finished runners up, losing finalists, should be awarded those trophies.
      Boston not la
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 3,564 posts | 766 
      Reply #101: Feb 16, 2020 05:43:17 pm
      Yeah, these lads go back to the days of Joe Mercer, and they've pretty much seen it all and stayed with them through thick and thin.
      They'd rather the club was still at Maine Rd, because they loved the Kippax.
      They're right as well; Maine Road f**king buzzed when it was full, and they reckon they never had a problem selling out for matches.

I know things changing is the natural order, but I honestly feel bad for these lads when they talk about how the new owners have basically hijacked and ruined the club for their own gratification.

There were 2 or 3 old school city fans over here,that were always sound to have a beer with,not seen em in years now.But the new breed are happy to throw out the bin dippers,victims,work shy thieves sh*te about us on their facebbook page.So F**k em,hope they go bust.
      sms1986
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 1,182 posts | 453 
      Reply #102: Feb 16, 2020 05:46:10 pm
      Lance armstrong was stripped of all his tour de france wins, because he broke the rules, in City's case any trophies won during the period they have been investigated for, and found guilty,should be stripped, and the teams that finished runners up, losing finalists, should be awarded those trophies.

Indeed, although even if they get to keep them, they're forever tainted by their cheating. Asterisk titles. ;D
      clint_call01
      • King Live Match Starter
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 11,675 posts | 3696 
      • Ynwa... lfc till I die !
      Reply #103: Feb 16, 2020 05:52:26 pm
      I wouldn't want it thank you very much, we didn't win it!! Let them keep their title and asterisk next to it #TaintedTitle

The F***ing irony.

It's all about numbers, I would take 20 rather than 19 :D

RedPuppy
      • Still European.
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 19,253 posts | 2855 
      • Parum Rutilus Canis: Illegitimi non carborundum
      Reply #104: Feb 16, 2020 06:27:45 pm
      Yeah, these lads go back to the days of Joe Mercer, and they've pretty much seen it all and stayed with them through thick and thin.
      They'd rather the club was still at Maine Rd, because they loved the Kippax.
      They're right as well; Maine Road F***ing buzzed when it was full, and they reckon they never had a problem selling out for matches.

I know things changing is the natural order, but I honestly feel bad for these lads when they talk about how the new owners have basically hijacked and ruined the club for their own gratification.

Peter Swales was a bit of a character if I remember.
      tezmac
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 11,183 posts | 912 
      • F**k the Sun F**k Murdoch F**k the press
      Reply #105: Feb 16, 2020 07:34:31 pm
      Peter Swales was a bit of a character if I remember.

Yeah he was ae bent as the Arabs
      sms1986
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 1,182 posts | 453 
      Reply #106: Feb 16, 2020 07:37:15 pm

We'll get 20 with Klopp, I reckon, whether we get awarded previous ones or not.
      RedPuppy
      • Still European.
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 19,253 posts | 2855 
      • Parum Rutilus Canis: Illegitimi non carborundum
      Reply #107: Feb 16, 2020 08:28:14 pm
      Yeah he was ae bent as the Arabs

I was being diplomatic. :D
      David Wright
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 5,272 posts | 761 
      Reply #108: Feb 16, 2020 08:29:40 pm
      Man City just the pretenders, the real champions will be elected in a few weeks time, that is for certain.
      Benladdie3000
      • Forum Gary McAllister

• 92 posts | 19 
      Reply #109: Feb 16, 2020 08:52:33 pm
      Said it before and say it again. Without the oil that club would be alongside forest, Leeds, Cardiff,  West brom in championship
      AussieRed
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 20,670 posts | 6685 
      • You'll Never Walk Alone
      Reply #110: Feb 16, 2020 08:57:22 pm

:D :D

Me too mate 20 in 2020 sounded perfect, it would have been too, if that fat F**k Maguire hadn't have ducked out of the way of Kompany's shot last season. The fat F**k c**t!!!
      AussieRed
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 20,670 posts | 6685 
      Reply #111: Feb 16, 2020 09:05:23 pm

Thanks RP  ;) xxxxx:action-smiley-065:
      AussieRed
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 20,670 posts | 6685 
      Reply #112: Feb 16, 2020 09:06:31 pm

The f**king irony.

:lmao: :lmao: :lmao: :lmao:  xxxxx:action-smiley-065:
      heimdall
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 13,818 posts | 2724 
      Reply #113: Feb 17, 2020 08:52:53 am

The f**king irony.

If the other party cheated then yes we did win it fair and square, same as last year, it would however mean that  Manure also get an extra title for 2017/18 although that's tougher to claim considering how far back they were.

TameImpala
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 2,269 posts | 1216 
      • He's five foot seven, he's football heaven
      Reply #114: Feb 17, 2020 09:12:03 am
      Said it before and say it again. Without the oil that club would be alongside forest, Leeds, Cardiff,  West brom in championship

I'm sure the last game before Abu Dhabi took over was an 8-1 defeat to Middlesborough

Quick Reply