Trending Topics

Next match: LFC v Brighton [Premier League] Sun 31st Mar @ 2:00 pm
      Anfield

Today is the 28th of March and on this date LFC's match record is P26 W11 D3 L12

Man City - 2 Year Champions League Ban

Read 32495 times
      7-King Kenny-7
      • Lives on Sesame Street
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 44,014 posts | 5760 
      • You'll Never Walk Alone!
      Re: Man City - 2 Year Champions League Ban
      Reply #207: Jul 10, 2020 10:28:29 pm
      Going by what's being said online, it sounds like they've been cleared, winning their appeal and this will be confirmed on Monday.

Not surprised if that is the case, and if it is, then FFP may as well be completely gotten rid of.
      chats
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 31,018 posts | 2741 
      Reply #208: Jul 10, 2020 10:30:11 pm
      Going by what's being said online, it sounds like they've been cleared, winning their appeal and this will be confirmed on Monday.

Not surprised if that is the case, and if it is, then FFP may as well be completely gotten rid of.

Probably explains why Chelsea are throwing money around like it's nothing right now
      Tayls
      • Forum Legend - Dalglish

• 5,378 posts | 510 
      Reply #209: Jul 10, 2020 10:38:45 pm
      Probably explains why Chelsea are throwing money around like it's nothing right now

I think the reason Chelsea are so active is mainly the transfer ban last summer, which meant they spent very little of the Hazard money. They've also picked up £50m or so for Morata. Might explain how quickly they've moved on the likes of Ziyech and Werner.

On City, I hope it isn't completely overturned or as 7KK7 says FFP may as well be thrown out. Still thinking it'll be reduced to one year rather than overturned completely.
      7-King Kenny-7
      • Lives on Sesame Street
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 44,014 posts | 5760 
      Reply #210: Jul 10, 2020 11:20:21 pm
      I think the reason Chelsea are so active is mainly the transfer ban last summer, which meant they spent very little of the Hazard money.

Except they may as well of not had that ban because they still signed Kovacic for around half of what they got for Hazard.
      David Wright
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 5,233 posts | 752 
      Reply #211: Jul 10, 2020 11:48:03 pm
      Man City still to win the Champions league, long may their run continue !
      WeAreMenOfShanklysBest
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 396 posts | 114 
      • up the reds
      Reply #212: Jul 11, 2020 12:43:13 am
      I saw that Ian Cheeseman tweet earlier that he has heard that the signs are they will be exonerated...

Id be surprised if that was anything more than a guess. He doesn’t work for anybody notable in the press (not that they’d know either) just a city fan with a podcast.
      billythered
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 10,821 posts | 4920 
      • From Doubters to Champions of the World
      Reply #213: Jul 11, 2020 01:07:15 am
      I wouldn’t be in the least surprised if they got off Scot free, money talks and all that, for me I’d extend it for having the audacity to appeal the governing bodies initial decision and after a thorough investigation of their dodgy affairs, I mean, who the f**k do they think they are ?

They knowingly flouted the rules, they thought they could just do what the f**k they wanted no matter what, and get away with it because they have mega millions and can buy anything and anyone they f***in want, the Shaky Sheiks wielding their power and bullying governing bodies,

If they were to get away with it, or their two season ban reduced, what does that say, for me it just gives other dodgy owners the license to do similar, knowing that  their club will miss one season only of Champions league, one season, it’s not even a punishment, certainly not financially when  you have mega millions at your disposal,

In my opinion I think they should extended it to three, as a added deterrent to other scrupulous mega rich owners not to f**k with us, throw the f***in book at City, if not it will happen again, no doubt at all about that.

Cheating Kunts ! !

Y  N  W  A
      « Last Edit: Jul 11, 2020 01:12:23 am by billythered »
      heimdall
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 13,818 posts | 2724 
      Reply #214: Jul 11, 2020 11:14:58 am
      I wouldn’t be in the least surprised if they got off Scot free, money talks and all that, for me I’d extend it for having the audacity to appeal the governing bodies initial decision and after a thorough investigation of their dodgy affairs, I mean, who the f**k do they think they are ?

They knowingly flouted the rules, they thought they could just do what the f**k they wanted no matter what, and get away with it because they have mega millions and can buy anything and anyone they f***in want, the Shaky Sheiks wielding their power and bullying governing bodies,

If they were to get away with it, or their two season ban reduced, what does that say, for me it just gives other dodgy owners the license to do similar, knowing that  their club will miss one season only of Champions league, one season, it’s not even a punishment, certainly not financially when  you have mega millions at your disposal,

In my opinion I think they should extended it to three, as a added deterrent to other scrupulous mega rich owners not to f**k with us, throw the f***in book at City, if not it will happen again, no doubt at all about that.

Cheating Kunts ! !

Y  N  W  A

I 100% agree, if City as repeat offenders who tried to block the investigation are let off then you may as well not have any governing body, they are effectively powerless and the clubs can do whatever the hell they want risk free.
      rossyred

• 9,091 posts | 1632 
      Reply #215: Jul 11, 2020 12:20:19 pm
      They will get away with it I think
      Salavaria
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 381 posts | 41 
      Reply #216: Jul 13, 2020 09:43:36 am
      TameImpala
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 2,269 posts | 1216 
      • He's five foot seven, he's football heaven
      Reply #217: Jul 13, 2020 09:45:50 am
      Slap on the wrist to the tune of 10 million pounds
      Salavaria
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 381 posts | 41 
      Reply #218: Jul 13, 2020 09:48:38 am
      Slap on the wrist to the tune of 10 million pounds

Not even that bad... 10M euros.
      billythered
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 10,821 posts | 4920 
      • From Doubters to Champions of the World
      Reply #219: Jul 13, 2020 09:48:47 am
      SO, THE CHEATING f***in KUNTS GOT AWAY WITH IT ! ! !

Who says money doesn’t talk, I want to know who got paid off, by how much or what by what method, because  something f***in stinks, there would be no point it in holding a investigation if said investigators didn’t have something to investigate, they very obviously and clearly was, no smoke without fire eh ?

Here was me thinking that UEFA & FIFA had cleaned up their act, obviously not,

F**kin sickens me does stuff like this, it equates to drug cheats in athletics or cycling, all this means is you can lie & cheat your way to success, we may as well have us all doing it, FAIR PLAY MY ARSE ! !

Y  N  W  A
      heimdall
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 13,818 posts | 2724 
      Reply #220: Jul 13, 2020 09:57:54 am
      Absolute disgrace, either the original panel was biased against City or City bought off the cas judges. The cas judges admitted City blocked the investigation but apparently obstructing justice is fine and nothing serious, good to know.
      Well ffp is dead anyway now so our owners may as well start spending because Chelski and citeh sure as hell will.

fields of anny rd
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 17,663 posts | 1961 
      Reply #221: Jul 13, 2020 09:58:59 am
      The City lawyer the same bloke who will be defending my employer Walmart over unequal pay between warehouse and shop floor workers at Asda. A double blow for me!
      therealjr
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 1,116 posts | 147 
      Reply #222: Jul 13, 2020 10:03:06 am
      Absolute disgrace, either the original panel was biased against City or City bought off the cas judges. The cas judges admitted City blocked the investigation but apparently obstructing justice is fine and nothing serious, good to know.
      Well ffp is dead anyway now so our owners may as well start spending because Chelski and citeh sure as hell will.

That’s the point though. FSG have said from day 1 we live within our means. If FFP is dead we are going to start lagging behind unless we bring the kids through or sign more Robbo’s.

JD
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 39,529 posts | 6887 
      Reply #223: Jul 13, 2020 10:07:21 am
      Financial Fair Play dead. 
      JD
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 39,529 posts | 6887 
      Reply #224: Jul 13, 2020 10:08:12 am
      So basically, if you're going to fiddle the books make sure you budget for a 10 million euro fine.

That'll teach those pesky billionaires.👍🏻

That's pretty much the top and bottom of it. 
      Harrisimo

• 7,968 posts | 1355 
      Reply #225: Jul 13, 2020 10:14:19 am
      Got off with it..came as no surprise tho. License to swindle more or less. FFP totally undermined. Phoney equity funding goes on..City will be able to BUY trophies..no change on that front.
      TameImpala
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 2,269 posts | 1216 
      • He's five foot seven, he's football heaven
      Reply #226: Jul 13, 2020 10:16:08 am
      Looking like United are going to make the Champions League on merit too - so we probably won't even have the "City exonerated = United miss out on the CL" consolation! Cheers Brendan! ;D
      7-King Kenny-7
      • Lives on Sesame Street
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 44,014 posts | 5760 
      Reply #227: Jul 13, 2020 10:22:37 am
      Was obvious it would be overturned. May as well get rid of FFP now, apparently it’s fair game to cheat it.
      Harrisimo

• 7,968 posts | 1355 
      Reply #228: Jul 13, 2020 10:42:53 am
      As I said back door phoney equity funding goes on.City turned it into an art form.Hide it behind some concocted sponsorship smoke screen. Typical City ploy..totally lacking in financial integrity. Was only ever a warning shot accros the City bows in truth. COA never meant the ban to be upheld.City knew that.

Essentially opens up the sport to exploitation in the sense that the game can become a plaything, a toy for the mega rich and they love the infuential aspect, the prestige, the clout that come with owning a high profile football club. Probably already the way the top end of the game is set up anyway.

This is the future..we better tool up and get in on it as well...problem is PSG are businessmen not underserved multi billionaires exploiting and blowing a countries rescources on their egotistical self centered plaything.
      chats
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 31,018 posts | 2741 
      Reply #229: Jul 13, 2020 10:50:02 am
      The death of FFP today then.

Makes our job of staying at the top a lot harder given our financial limitations but it’ll make the titles a lot sweeter when we win them.

Quick Reply