Trending Topics

Next match: LFC v Brighton [Premier League] Sun 31st Mar @ 2:00 pm
      Anfield

Today is the 29th of March and on this date LFC's match record is P24 W11 D6 L7

LFC Reds Poll

Q. LFC Man of the Match v Wolves?

Alisson
      16 (15.2%)
      Trent Alexander-Arnold
      1 (1%)
      Joe Gomez
      11 (10.5%)
      Virgil van Dijk
      7 (6.7%)
      Andy Robertson
      0 (0%)
      Jordan Henderson
      52 (49.5%)
      Georginio Wijnaldum
      0 (0%)
      Alex Oxlade-Chamberlain
      0 (0%)
      Sadio Mane
      0 (0%)
      Roberto Firmino
      17 (16.2%)
      Mohammed Salah
      0 (0%)
       Fabinho
      1 (1%)
      Takumi Minamino
      0 (0%)
      Divock Origi
      0 (0%)

Total Members Voted: 105

Voting closed: Jan 27, 2020 09:51:45 pm

Wolverhampton Wanderers 1-2 Liverpool: In game and Post Match discussion

Read 22716 times
      fields of anny rd
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 17,663 posts | 1961 
      Re: Wolverhampton Wanderers 1-2 Liverpool: In game and Post Match discussion
      Reply #322: Jan 23, 2020 09:57:29 pm
      I know there's a bit of 'flavour of the month' to it but I'd love him here.

Not sure think this has been brewing with him for a while. Used to be pure pace but now hes adding goals and assists and under Klopp that would be boosted further.

Imagine dealing with our front 3 for an hour then Adama for 30 🤣
      Harrisimo
      • Forum Legend - Dalglish

• 7,970 posts | 1356 
      Reply #323: Jan 23, 2020 09:58:05 pm
      Dodged one there..a bit. We looked leggy from about the hour mark but yet again we found a way to win. Won the first half but drew the second half due to running out of steam. On the Salah to greedy front...mmm...maybe.

Great Hendo all action performance. MOTM.
      rossyred

• 9,095 posts | 1635 
      Reply #324: Jan 23, 2020 09:58:33 pm
      Gomez culpable maybe for goal but thought did well . FBs below their usual self got to go with Hendo MOM goal and assist and never found wanting
      sms1986
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 1,182 posts | 453 
      Reply #325: Jan 23, 2020 09:58:55 pm

srslfc
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 32,111 posts | 4877 
      Reply #326: Jan 23, 2020 09:58:58 pm
      Huge win that one.

As tough a game as we all probably expected it to be and Traore was a nightmare to deal with but we seen it through yet again.

Allison MOTM for me as he kept us in the game three or four times allowing us to build to the winning goal.
      Livershrew
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 3,393 posts | 376 
      Re: Live: Wolves V Liverpool
      Reply #327: Jan 23, 2020 09:59:01 pm
      wow that was tough.....ill back wolves in every game for the rest of the season, lot to like about that side.

this team are remarkable tho. joey gomez was class tonight. we looked goosed second half, none of that side should be at shrewsbury bar minimino  and maybe fabinho...
      jimbo1962
      • Forum Ian Callaghan

• 867 posts | 101 
      Reply #328: Jan 23, 2020 09:59:14 pm
      Get in!!!!!!

27 points to go and 16 above City with a game in hand, this team is unstoppable.

More than that surely
      gopher
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 4,487 posts | 136 
      Reply #329: Jan 23, 2020 09:59:23 pm
      Hendo a great game, all over the place, give Wolves credit they had a good go.
      Another Bobby goal seals the win
      Take that as a bonus as we never got our passing game going 😃
      Redangel

• 8,084 posts | 966 
      Reply #330: Jan 23, 2020 09:59:32 pm
      Phew, we stole those 3 points.

Can we please get Adama Traore, that lad is almost impossible to defend against!

We didn’t steal anything, we battled hard against a very good side but we won fair and square! We scored one more goal than they did, that’s how it works.
      sms1986
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 1,182 posts | 453 
      Reply #331: Jan 23, 2020 09:59:55 pm
      Arab Scouse
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 4,081 posts | 805 
      Reply #332: Jan 23, 2020 10:00:00 pm

Coady looked super devastated to have conceded the winner
      bmck

• 9,404 posts | 1611 
      • YNWA
      Reply #333: Jan 23, 2020 10:00:15 pm
      23 games, 22 wins, 1 draw
      :holyshit:

Tough away game, 3 more points.
      Amazing.
      fields of anny rd
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 17,663 posts | 1961 
      Reply #334: Jan 23, 2020 10:01:58 pm

Nope 9 wins seals it.
      LondonRed83
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 21,300 posts | 3869 
      Reply #335: Jan 23, 2020 10:02:05 pm
      We didn’t steal anything, we battled hard against a very good side but we won fair and square! We scored one more goal than they did, that’s how it works.

F***ing right, thoroughly deserved the win!!
      sms1986
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 1,182 posts | 453 
      Reply #336: Jan 23, 2020 10:03:04 pm
      Liverpool captain Jordan Henderson speaking to BT Sport: "You know it's going to be difficult. Wolves are a good team and make you work. It's an intense game but we kept going and kept fighting.

"We defended well. The big man at the back was brilliant again and the keeper. We had chances too so that's something we want to work on - put the game to bed quicker.

On his headed goal: "That could be the first one! I've been getting in the box on corners recently. Thankfully I managed to get something on it and it went in.

On an unbeaten season: "You're probably bored of me saying it but It's just about the next game. I want to keep going. Every game is the biggest of the season. We have the FA Cup game on the weekend. We need to keep bulding on what we have achieved so far."
      fields of anny rd
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 17,663 posts | 1961 
      Reply #337: Jan 23, 2020 10:04:32 pm
      Salah hold up play for the second goal was class by the way. As was the weight of pass on the ball by Hendo and the composure of Bobby with the finish.
      GERNS
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 12,208 posts | 1503 
      Reply #338: Jan 23, 2020 10:04:43 pm
      That was breathtaking to say the least. Managed to get a streem for 2nd half. I was glued to it, seeing wolves making half chances, and dominating possession, us changing formation to counter them.  I never doubted we would get a winner.
      Bob my hero ! Don’t think there’s another player anywhere who stays so cool under so much pressure.
      What a finish !
      However you set up, there’s no answer to raw pace. If there’s space behind, which there will be at times through a game, you’ve either gotta get lucky or defend just outside your box.
      We done well tonight, toughest game yet, credit to them, but without Traore, their remaining players aren’t gonn hurt you so much.
      3 points, undefeated. A shout to the travelling kop. Terrific tonight again.
      Now a decent rest for the lads.

Never ever think you’ve done enough to earn a point off us, till that final whistle goes.
      Motm VVD for me Colosus again !
      GERNS
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 12,208 posts | 1503 
      Reply #339: Jan 23, 2020 10:08:07 pm

Coady looked super devastated to have conceded the winner

Did you mean agent Coady by any chance ?
      sms1986
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 1,182 posts | 453 
      Reply #340: Jan 23, 2020 10:08:45 pm
      YANK_LFC_FAN
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 3,506 posts | 424 
      • Timid men prefer the calm of despotism!
      Reply #341: Jan 23, 2020 10:10:58 pm
      First, Wolves are a fantastic club. Nonstop attacks,  they get back on defense and smother you with pressure. If they can add some pieces they will be a very strong club in the future.
      Second, we were completely outclassed tonght and STILL took 3 points. This club is on a mission to win every match. My MOTM was Firmino. It doesn't matter the team, venue or who hes up against, he has ice balls and wills this team to win. Love him!
      This is what Champions do. They find a way to win when they shouldn't. I'm so proud of our guys. I love this club. What a win.
      sms1986
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 1,182 posts | 453 
      Reply #342: Jan 23, 2020 10:12:40 pm
      sms1986
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 1,182 posts | 453 
      Reply #343: Jan 23, 2020 10:13:26 pm
      Liverpool defender Virgil van Dijk speaking to BT Sport: "I think first of all we have to give Wolves credit - they played good, they have good players and they’re a difficult team to break down.

"In the second half they had chances and were more dangerous and we had to dig deep.

"We’re not happy with the goal we conceded but we know we’ll always have chances and it’s really good result."

Liverpool manager Jürgen Klopp speaking to BT Sport: "It was a big one. Nuno [Espirito Santo] is doing really well. They are really different to a lot of other teams because they use the width of the pitch. We did well but if you close Adama Traore outside, he goes inside, so then you have to deal with the cross and deal with Raul Jimenez!

"They scored that goal and then it's another wild 10 minutes. We got control back a little bit after then which is important. The chances we had were incredible. We were at least four or five times in a one-on-one with the goalkeeper so if we score then it is gameover but it wasn't so 1-1.

"Moments can help us or the genius moment of Bobby Firmino can help us. We didn't panic but we weren't completely in the mood I wanted us to be in when we went 1-0 up. The development of the game has influence on each individual on the pitch. One sees a chance, sees the space, but others aren't in the same mindset. That was the story of the game.

"So much to improve for us but knowing if we defend really well... Everybody worked their socks off. I'm so proud of the boys. It's incredible.

"It's over when it's over, not before. So why should we really think about it? Let's carry on. It's difficult enough. We have to find solutions for the different games then we will see."
      heimdall
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 13,818 posts | 2724 
      Reply #344: Jan 23, 2020 10:17:03 pm
      Wolves were very good tonight but on reflection we were well in the game apart from the beginning of 2nd half, think back to all the chances we fluffed tonight. We should have been at least 2 up at half time.

Quick Reply