Trending Topics

Next match: LFC v Brighton [Premier League] Sun 31st Mar @ 2:00 pm
      Anfield

Today is the 28th of March and on this date LFC's match record is P26 W11 D3 L12

LFC Reds Poll

Q. LFC Man of the Match v Wolves?

Alisson
      16 (15.2%)
      Trent Alexander-Arnold
      1 (1%)
      Joe Gomez
      11 (10.5%)
      Virgil van Dijk
      7 (6.7%)
      Andy Robertson
      0 (0%)
      Jordan Henderson
      52 (49.5%)
      Georginio Wijnaldum
      0 (0%)
      Alex Oxlade-Chamberlain
      0 (0%)
      Sadio Mane
      0 (0%)
      Roberto Firmino
      17 (16.2%)
      Mohammed Salah
      0 (0%)
       Fabinho
      1 (1%)
      Takumi Minamino
      0 (0%)
      Divock Origi
      0 (0%)

Total Members Voted: 105

Voting closed: Jan 27, 2020 09:51:45 pm

Wolverhampton Wanderers 1-2 Liverpool: In game and Post Match discussion

Read 22683 times
      srslfc
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 32,111 posts | 4876 
      Re: Wolverhampton Wanderers 1-2 Liverpool: In game and Post Match discussion
      Reply #345: Jan 23, 2020 10:19:39 pm
      The Skipper was excellent again tonight. What a season he's having yet again.
      DanMann
      • Forum Legend - Dalglish

• 5,635 posts | 866 
      Reply #346: Jan 23, 2020 10:19:49 pm
      Salah hold up play for the second goal was class by the way. As was the weight of pass on the ball by Hendo and the composure of Bobby with the finish.

It was class until he got tackled.

Once again too much individual work by Salah, and we were lucky the ball fell to Henderson.
      JD
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 39,529 posts | 6887 
      Reply #347: Jan 23, 2020 10:21:08 pm
      As expected, that was as tough as it can get.  Think Wolves have an excellent chance of reaching the Champions League.

But we are on a different planet.

I've seen us win a few titles but this Liverpool team are probably the greatest of the lot I've seen.
      billythered
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 10,821 posts | 4920 
      • From Doubters to Champions of the World
      Reply #348: Jan 23, 2020 10:21:51 pm
      That ladies & Gentle persons was our toughest game of the season, we have to credit Wolves, they tested us that 2nd half and if we’re all honest coming away from Molyneaux with a point there wouldn’t be many complaints,

We are Champions no one is doubting us now, we just need to go through the emotions, sustain our one game at a time mantra and in nine games time we can cement it,

I honestly cannot see us having a tougher game like that again this season, maybe City but then they are shot mentally and if we go there needing a win to clinch it there’s only one winner for me,

We always find a way don’t we, losing Mane was a blow and knocked us off kilter, and we didn’t get it back until Fabinho came on, no coincidence then that that was Wolves dominant spell, 

Lots of moaning regarding Mo’s selfishness but hey, who the F**k cares, I certainly don’t, he could have had  a H-trick tonight but it just wasn’t to be, he’d still be shoe in start if he scores or not coz he makes things happen and creates panic,

Another under par performance particularly 2nd half but that’s cool, we know we can step up a gear when needed, onwards and staying upwards for the foreseeable future.

YNWA
      Roddenberry
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 16,568 posts | 1876 
      Reply #349: Jan 23, 2020 10:22:45 pm
      Gave us a game today.

We're just relentless though.

Another Captain's performance from Henderson.
      sms1986
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 1,182 posts | 453 
      Reply #350: Jan 23, 2020 10:23:28 pm
      Liverpool manager Jürgen Klopp speaking to BBC Sport: "We scored a wonderful goal, we had wonderful possession but the set up from Wolves is so good - yes it's counter-attacking but it’s about being well in possession, using the width of the pitch.

"The goal from a counter-attack doesn’t make sense when you’re one nil up but ok. We weren't 100% clear what we wanted to do, you try to have a positive optimistic approach.

"We changed the system two or three times, we calmed it down. We had incredible chances in the first half and then at the end it was a magic moment from Bobby [Firmino].

"The boys are human. It was a little bit up and down. We had discussion on the pitch, there was stuff to improve but set-pieces can bring us back in the game, a good bit of skill can bring us back in the game. Wolves were really strong but it’s clear we could settle again.

"You just have to find a way to win and have someone who makes the perfect decision and that was Bobby again."

On Sadio Mane's injury:
      "Sadio is a real shame he had to go off. Hopefully it’s not too bad -just a muscle tweak but we will see tomorrow."

On Wolves' Adama Traore: "He is unplayable in moments, it’s unbelievable. What a player – it’s not only him but he’s so good."
      RC9
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 9,874 posts | 805 
      • Formerly known as Vtorres, Vsuarez, and Vsterling.
      Reply #351: Jan 23, 2020 10:29:17 pm
      Well that wasn't fun was it but again we pass another hurdle.

I have to pinch myself sometimes, it seems no matter what, whether we play bad or good has no impact on the results because the team believes that in the end, they will come off the pitch as winners. That mentality obviously comes with good form but right now it's that mentality which is the most important thing.

Special shout-out to Ali today, although he didn't keep the clean sheet again he was alert and sharp to the attempts on his goal and I think Gary Neville of all people touched on it perfectly in the Spurs game, he sets himself apart from other goalkeepers in the prem with this positioning, making every save look easy because of his awareness of where to position himself before a shot has been taken.

Let's keep going redmen!
      Klopps Snood
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 1,631 posts | 1558 
      • CHAMPI9NS
      Reply #352: Jan 23, 2020 10:30:58 pm
      Massive credit to Wolves tonight, thought they were absolutely superb and the best team we've played away all season, it had me on the edge of my seat all night, but wow, what a game we played, never gave up, dug in when the going got tough and finally came away with the 3 well deserved points.
      I thought we lost our way a bit when Mane went off but we soon adjusted and took control, what I love about this team and we've done this several times this season is our ability to not be at the top of our game yet still pull out all the stops and get the winning goal, that's the sign of true champions. Magical stuff and a pleasure to watch this Liverpool team roll over everyone who comes up against them.

Loving every minute even though my nerves are shot and my nails are gone !
      Hasty Lover
      • Forum Gary McAllister

• 92 posts |
      Reply #353: Jan 23, 2020 10:35:04 pm
      Damn we are relentless. Another record in sight west ham x 2, Southampton, Norwich and Watford for the longest pl win streak
      HKIred
      • Forum Emlyn Hughes

• 751 posts | 34 
      Reply #354: Jan 23, 2020 10:35:05 pm
      Wolves gave a good game, but our mentality monsters are something else. Get In!
      JD
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 39,529 posts | 6887 
      Reply #355: Jan 23, 2020 10:44:50 pm
      That ladies & Gentle persons was our toughest game of the season, we have to credit Wolves, they tested us that 2nd half and if we’re all honest coming away from Molyneaux with a point there wouldn’t be many complaints,

Spot on.

70 minutes in I was taking a point.  To be completely honest, I would have taken a point pre kick-off as well.

Brilliant result.
      Boston not la
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 3,564 posts | 766 
      Reply #356: Jan 23, 2020 10:47:09 pm
      A few of ours having a stinker,wolves in uber mode... never in doubt! It's F***ing happening.
      WeAreMenOfShanklysBest
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 396 posts | 114 
      • up the reds
      Reply #357: Jan 23, 2020 10:48:40 pm
      Hope mané is ok. Wolves are a quality side and away from home that is such a good result. Best team we’ve played all year, I said to my brother during the game it wouldn’t surprise me if Liverpool Wolves is next seasons UEFA super cup final haha
      srslfc
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 32,111 posts | 4876 
      Reply #358: Jan 23, 2020 10:50:49 pm
      Spot on.

70 minutes in I was taking a point.  To be completely honest, I would have taken a point pre kick-off as well.

Brilliant result.

I'd settled for a point as well, with the slight hope something would open for us late on.

Best side we've played this season in the League.
      redtiler
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 1,101 posts | 125 
      Reply #359: Jan 23, 2020 10:52:36 pm
      Yes, Wolves deserve a load of credit, but did anyone ever doubt that ?.
      The point is Klopp knew, so the game was played to what was needed, does not help with our nerves, but JK had it in order.
      3 more points
      andylfcynwa
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 9,318 posts | 1611 
      Reply #360: Jan 23, 2020 10:54:28 pm
      A tough game which I think we all expected , wolves are a very good team , could have gone either way but our little Bobby dazler shone through .
      Harrisimo

• 7,968 posts | 1355 
      Reply #361: Jan 23, 2020 10:58:53 pm
      Bit hacked off with AOC. He was strolling up and down the left hand side quite a bit from about 50 mins or so. We know he wants to play central but he has to do more. Didn't do all that much im the first half. Wants to stay on for the full 90 then he has to do more.
      srslfc
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 32,111 posts | 4876 
      Reply #362: Jan 23, 2020 11:01:57 pm
      Bit hacked off with AOC. He was strolling up and down the left hand side quite a bit from about 50 mins or so. We know he wants to play central but he has to do more. Didn't do all that much im the first half. Wants to stay on for the full 90 then he has to do more.

He's still coming to terms with his long injury layoff I think.

I know he's annoyed about being the first one off but in all honesty he always looks like the first one to come off as far as form goes.

Rush
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 9,455 posts | 1478 
      • "If you are second, you are nothing."
      Reply #363: Jan 23, 2020 11:02:33 pm
      Just, wow! What season. And the winner of the most improved player 2019-20 is... Jordan Henderson, aged 29!
      Harrisimo

• 7,968 posts | 1355 
      Reply #364: Jan 23, 2020 11:03:51 pm
      I'd settled for a point as well, with the slight hope something would open for us late on.

Best side we've played this season in the League.

Plucky team. Use Traore's pace and strength.Nuno is a fighter. Like Jimenez as well but a lot of it was due to us getting a bit leggy on or about the hour mark. Was Mino the right man to bring on for that game.
      Harrisimo

• 7,968 posts | 1355 
      Reply #365: Jan 23, 2020 11:17:11 pm
      The Mane injury was probably fatigue related. He is one fantastic athlete but muscle fatigue can have an affect. Only next Wednesday 29th and we are away to West Ham.Then few days later 1sFeb home to Soton. Dare the boss rest him till Feb 16th and Norwich away.
      sms1986
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 1,182 posts | 453 
      Reply #366: Jan 23, 2020 11:20:17 pm
      The Mane injury was probably fatigue related. He is one fantastic athlete but muscle fatigue can have an affect. Only next Wednesday 29th and we are away to West Ham.Then few days later 1sFeb home to Soton. Dare the boss rest him till Feb 16th and Norwich away.

We play on Sunday but that's in the FA Cup against Shrewsbury so we're probably going to rest a few of the first team anyway.
      Harrisimo

• 7,968 posts | 1355 
      Reply #367: Jan 23, 2020 11:25:45 pm
      We play on Sunday but that's in the FA Cup against Shrewsbury so we're probably going to rest a few of the first team anyway.

I know but we are back to the league next Wednesday. Can the Boss take the risk and rest him for the West Ham and Southampton league games.

Quick Reply