Trending Topics

Next match: LFC v Brighton [Premier League] Sun 31st Mar @ 2:00 pm
      Anfield

Today is the 29th of March and on this date LFC's match record is P24 W11 D6 L7

LFC Reds Poll

Q. LFC Man of the Match v Wolves?

Alisson
      16 (15.2%)
      Trent Alexander-Arnold
      1 (1%)
      Joe Gomez
      11 (10.5%)
      Virgil van Dijk
      7 (6.7%)
      Andy Robertson
      0 (0%)
      Jordan Henderson
      52 (49.5%)
      Georginio Wijnaldum
      0 (0%)
      Alex Oxlade-Chamberlain
      0 (0%)
      Sadio Mane
      0 (0%)
      Roberto Firmino
      17 (16.2%)
      Mohammed Salah
      0 (0%)
       Fabinho
      1 (1%)
      Takumi Minamino
      0 (0%)
      Divock Origi
      0 (0%)

Total Members Voted: 105

Voting closed: Jan 27, 2020 09:51:45 pm

Wolverhampton Wanderers 1-2 Liverpool: In game and Post Match discussion

Read 22708 times
      tezmac
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 11,111 posts | 896 
      • F**k the Sun F**k Murdoch F**k the press
      Re: Wolverhampton Wanderers 1-2 Liverpool: In game and Post Match discussion
      Reply #414: Jan 24, 2020 02:38:52 pm
      What a game great result, sloppy second half, thought we were going to blow it, but onwards and upwards. CORY
      Norfolk Red
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 1,154 posts | 499 
      Reply #415: Jan 24, 2020 05:14:09 pm
      Every player can improve and the only thing Salah needs to improve is his decision making and evaluation of who has the best chance of scoring because at the moment its crap, he has the playing mindset of a spoilt and pampered child who refuses to pass the ball, its all me me me when in front of goal and the very best strikers are not like that.

Ffs give it a rest. All you do is find fault.
      You came on here yesterday and lambasted some one for saying Wolves would be a hard game.
      He was right, they pushed us all the way and we could easily of dropped points.
      I can't  believe you can find fault in a team that is near perfect for the season.
      billythered
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 10,821 posts | 4920 
      • From Doubters to Champions of the World
      Reply #416: Jan 24, 2020 05:22:44 pm
      Canā€™t for the life of me understand all this disgruntlement over Salah being shellfish, in the whole history of the beautiful game the role of striking has always had a air of selfishness, some of the most successful sides on the planet have operated with a lone selfish striker, in more recent times of course clubs, mangers have opted for a double act like our very own Keegan & Toshack etc, but more often than not itā€™s a been one man band kind of deal,

Liverpool of course like to buck the trend so when JĆ¼rgen came in he introduced playing without a striker per se altogether, some so called experts were aghast, but you only have look at our scoring stats to see how successful we have been, and in PARTICULAR, a certain Mohammed Salah,

Funny thing is heā€™s not a striker, not like a Fowler, or a Rushy or that crazy genius Suarez, or even wee Micky O,  Mo is Mo, heā€™s a phenomenal player, sometimes heā€™ll astound us all when he swivels his hips and slaloms his way around 3, 4, 5 defenders , aka Spuds & Watford and then slams the ball home, other times heā€™ll frustrate the haemorrhoids off you for not passing  the f***in ball,  but dya know what I wouldnā€™t have it any other way, he makes things happen, he creates panic, and sometimes he might even pass to one of his wee pals, only sometimes though.

Shellfish my barnacled arse, Leave Him Alone Ffs ! !

YNWA
      brezipool
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 9,454 posts | 1735 
      • Mon the Red Machine !
      Reply #417: Jan 24, 2020 05:26:37 pm
      Sense at last about Mo.

F**k me some of the sh*t he gets for taking players on and having a shot on goal is ridiculous.

Personally I like to see strikers being a bit selfish.

The mans been immense since he joined.

Weā€™re close to our first title in 30 years and people having a dig demanding 10/10 performances have a word will ya.

This 100% ask any striker, they're all greedy most of the time. That's what we want. His goals return for us is phenomenal, and his assist rate is pretty decent too. All good and all that stuff. :)
      lfc across the water
      • Needs a Klopp hug...Rafa's Number 1 fan...VAR has no faults Promoter
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 3,833 posts | 701 
      Reply #418: Jan 26, 2020 12:01:35 am
      Quote from JD
      As expected, that was as tough as it can get.  Think Wolves have an excellent chance of reaching the Champions League.

But we are on a different planet.

I've seen us win a few titles but this Liverpool team are probably the greatest of the lot I've seen.

They've played us 4 times in the league since they got up. Lost every game and scored once. They're better than average but drawing at home to Newcastle and Burnley, and losing at Watford are the kind of results that have them keeping the mancs company in the table.

In this game, they had 2 shots on target and 0 whatsoever after Fabinho came on. So it's another win and 27 more points required for us to get this party started. 
      GERNS
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 12,208 posts | 1503 
      Reply #419: Jan 26, 2020 12:30:49 am
      They've played us 4 times in the league since they got up. Lost every game and scored once. They're better than average but drawing at home to Newcastle and Burnley, and losing at Watford are the kind of results that have them keeping the mancs company in the table.

In this game, they had 2 shots on target and 0 whatsoever after Fabinho came on. So it's another win and 27 more points required for us to get this party started. 

Strange, that was a pretty tough game, thought they were very decent, but those stats make them seem crap.
      Well comparatively .......... 🤷🏼ā€ā™‚ļø Suppose they are really.

Quick Reply