Trending Topics

Next match: LFC v Brighton [Premier League] Sun 31st Mar @ 2:00 pm
      Anfield

Today is the 28th of March and on this date LFC's match record is P26 W11 D3 L12

LFC Reds Poll

Q. LFC Man of the Match v Shrewsbury?

Adrián
      51 (61.4%)
      Neco Williams
      7 (8.4%)
      Dejan Lovren
      0 (0%)
      Joel Matip
      0 (0%)
      Yasser Larouci
      1 (1.2%)
       Fabinho
      0 (0%)
      Pedro Chirivella
      8 (9.6%)
      Curtis Jones
      13 (15.7%)
      Takumi Minamino
      1 (1.2%)
      Harvey Elliott
      0 (0%)
      Divock Origi
      1 (1.2%)
      Roberto Firmino
      0 (0%)
      Mohammed Salah
      1 (1.2%)
      Alex Oxlade-Chamberlain
      0 (0%)

Total Members Voted: 82

Voting closed: Jan 30, 2020 06:52:14 pm

Shrewsbury 2-2 Liverpool: In game and Post Match discussion

Read 26309 times
      fields of anny rd
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 17,663 posts | 1961 
      Re: Shrewsbury 2-2 Liverpool: In game and Post Match discussion
      Reply #345: Jan 26, 2020 10:55:40 pm
      How can you have a winter break when there is a high chance of a competitive  game being played within it just dont get it

All it would mean is the 14 day break will be reduced to 11. Still a good break and a gap in the season that wasn't there last season.

In all honesty there should be players banging on the managers door asking to play this game.

The likes if Lallana, Keita, Shaq, Lovren all need to try and get in this team. I'm hoping the likes of Milner and Hendo have it in them to talk to the manager about the way the cup is seen over here, and also volunteer themselves for this game.
      « Last Edit: Jan 26, 2020 11:01:12 pm by fields of anny rd »
      fields of anny rd
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 17,663 posts | 1961 
      Reply #347: Jan 26, 2020 11:05:30 pm

We need to get over it and ourselves. We are in the same boat as every other club, and I can imagine Shrewsbury have got a backlog of fixtures now too.

I've never heard of anything so precious in my life, they club needs to take it on the chin, we fu**ed it ourselves and need to show a bit of bloody class. This sounds like the type of sh*te Jose would pull.

Not happy about this one bit I must admit. Cant pretend to defend this stance. Just not right. Think my opinion on it has  been made though so I'll leave it there. Got enough players on the fringes of the first team who dont 'need' a break but need to play football.
      « Last Edit: Jan 26, 2020 11:18:58 pm by fields of anny rd »
      AussieRed
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 20,583 posts | 6643 
      • You'll Never Walk Alone
      Reply #348: Jan 26, 2020 11:07:28 pm
      That was gut wrenching to watch.

Can't believe a team in the 3rd Tier scored three goals and we only scored the 1.

That Team should have finished that tie off but at 2-0 we decided to start playing out the back more and when you have Matip and Lovren who both looked like Deers in the headlights, especially Joel, then that passing out game isn't going to work. Put all sorts of pressure on us for no F***ing reason at all. As for Divock, thought this was the game he could come out and score a hat-trick in, he didn't even get close apart from 1 shot saved by their keeper. Don't understand when he has space in front of him, why he doesn't run with the ball, he just tries to score from 25-30 meters out. Does my F***ing head in.

F***ing Replays! Nice pay day for them but I don't give a sh*t about them so gutted all round! Our winning January has come to a premature halt!
      brezipool
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 9,452 posts | 1735 
      • Mon the Red Machine !
      Reply #349: Jan 26, 2020 11:09:48 pm
      DOH. That's all. ;D
      Livershrew
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 3,393 posts | 376 
      Reply #350: Jan 26, 2020 11:12:00 pm
      Basically he's doing the same thing what we did at Villa, sticking a big two-fingers up to the FA/Premier League after he was ordered not to go arranging any warm-weather friendly games during the winter's break when it was first mooted and he's f**king sticking to it!

Yes, and we need to get over it? Take it up with them later.
      Just send exactly the same team out in the replay. They threw away a 2 goal lead to a league 1 side..

To just say I’m not turning up and Critchley will be In charge is a pretty sh*te look...
      HUYTON RED
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 39,948 posts | 8458 
      Reply #351: Jan 26, 2020 11:17:33 pm
      Yes, and we need to get over it? Take it up with them later.
      Just send exactly the same team out in the replay. They threw away a 2 goal lead to a league 1 side..

To just say I’m not turning up and Critchley will be In charge is a pretty sh*te look...

I like the fact Klopp's got the bollocks to call it like he see's it and made his position clear.

Plus his missus might have already booked them a week's holiday and she doesn't look the type to be fu**ed round with!!

Game should of been won today, some senior players looked well off it, not the first time I've seen Prem clubs make changes and then get knocked out of the cup, so Shrewsbury get their 15 minutes of fame and some extra cash from the replay.
      Livershrew
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 3,393 posts | 376 
      Reply #352: Jan 26, 2020 11:22:15 pm
      I like the fact Klopp's got the bollocks to call it like he see's it and made his position clear.

Plus his missus might have already booked them a week's holiday and she doesn't look the type to be fu**ed round with!!

Game should of been won today, some senior players looked well off it, not the first time I've seen Prem clubs make changes and then get knocked out of the cup, so Shrewsbury get their 15 minutes of fame and some extra cash from the replay.

Absolutely no need to play the kids tho.

Christ Lovren,Matip,Fabinho and Origi look like they need a heck of a lot of game time. Plus maybe shaqiri/Keita
      fields of anny rd
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 17,663 posts | 1961 
      Reply #353: Jan 26, 2020 11:28:56 pm
      The last point was that after 80 minutes I thought that the replay suited us beat because if that carried on about half an hour, I think we were done.

Be so much easier this game back at Anfield with any sort of team out. Still hopeful we get our sh*t sorted out and stop feeling sorry for ourselves. Got no time for the self pity when it was in our hands to get through the tie.
      HUYTON RED
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 39,948 posts | 8458 
      Reply #354: Jan 26, 2020 11:33:59 pm
      Absolutely no need to play the kids tho.

Christ Lovren,Matip,Fabinho and Origi look like they need a heck of a lot of game time. Plus maybe shaqiri/Keita

Really, in the case of Lovren and Fab, for the majority of the game I just thought they looked not arsed, Fab didn't look like he needed a hell of a lot of game time at Wolves on Wednesday night!

HUYTON RED
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 39,948 posts | 8458 
      Reply #355: Jan 26, 2020 11:35:41 pm
      The last point was that after 80 minutes I thought that the replay suited us beat because if that carried on about half an hour, I think we were done.

Be so much easier this game back at Anfield with any sort of team out. Still hopeful we get our sh*t sorted out and stop feeling sorry for ourselves. Got no time for the self pity when it was in our hands to get through the tie.

First team seniors playing today apart from Adrian let themselves down no question.
      king kenny
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 3,111 posts | 441 
      Reply #356: Jan 27, 2020 12:02:00 am
      Hopefully some of the senior players that are coming back from injuries get a game in the replay.  The likes of Matip, Lovren and Fabinho.   Lovren has to play this team has played what about 33 games has he actually played double figures!  I am with the boss think Allison, TAA,Robertson, VVD, Gomez, Henderson, Gini, Milner, Salah, Mane, Firmino, Origi.   These have to be given the full time off.   I think the Centre Halves should play though and it will be good for fabinho too.    I also agree that the boss needs time off too to recharge his batteries, he deserves it more than any of the players. 
      heimdall
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 13,818 posts | 2724 
      Reply #357: Jan 27, 2020 12:17:26 am
      Really, in the case of Lovren and Fab, for the majority of the game I just thought they looked not arsed, Fab didn't look like he needed a hell of a lot of game time at Wolves on Wednesday night!

I think this is nail on the head the senior players know that Klopp doesn't care about the FA cup and therefore they don't either, it's a really sh*t attitude and a big blemish on Jürgen. We are going to get so much sh*t if he goes ahead with this ie doesn't bother to manage the team plus rests players like Lovren, Matip, Fab, Origi etc. Why on earth do they need a rest after just coming back from injury.
      It would be much better to field a decent team, win 6-0 and move forwards.
      heimdall
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 13,818 posts | 2724 
      Reply #358: Jan 27, 2020 12:19:24 am
      Hopefully some of the senior players that are coming back from injuries get a game in the replay.  The likes of Matip, Lovren and Fabinho.   Lovren has to play this team has played what about 33 games has he actually played double figures!  I am with the boss think Allison, TAA,Robertson, VVD, Gomez, Henderson, Gini, Milner, Salah, Mane, Firmino, Origi.   These have to be given the full time off.   I think the Centre Halves should play though and it will be good for fabinho too.    I also agree that the boss needs time off too to recharge his batteries, he deserves it more than any of the players. 

Why does Origi need time off, is it tiring sitting on the bench?
      king kenny
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 3,111 posts | 441 
      Reply #359: Jan 27, 2020 12:42:06 am
      He has earnt it.  I can't remember him being injured he has trained through the whole season.  It is not as if he doesn't want to play.  Adrian too.  They both deserve to have a break.
      HUYTON RED
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 39,948 posts | 8458 
      Reply #360: Jan 27, 2020 12:56:08 am

Or alternatively let's see what our youth team who played at Villa are actually capable of with a home crowd behind them.

Robby The Z
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 9,034 posts | 2690 
      Reply #361: Jan 27, 2020 01:00:56 am
      Or alternatively let's see what our youth team who played at Villa are actually capable of with a home crowd behind them.

if they are healthy:

Kelleher
      Williams, Hoever, Van den Berg or Boyes, Larouci
      Chirivella, Clarkson, Jones
      Elliott, Stewart, Hardy
      Subs: Millar, Longstaff, Dixon-Bonner, VDB or Boyes, Lewis, Savage, backup keeper

I reckon they'll give it a go.
      rossyred
      • Forum Legend - Dalglish

• 9,094 posts | 1632 
      Reply #362: Jan 27, 2020 07:17:54 am
      All it would mean is the 14 day break will be reduced to 11. Still a good break and a gap in the season that wasn't there last season.

In all honesty there should be players banging on the managers door asking to play this game.

The likes if Lallana, Keita, Shaq, Lovren all need to try and get in this team. I'm hoping the likes of Milner and Hendo have it in them to talk to the manager about the way the cup is seen over here, and also volunteer themselves for this game.

No I agree that the break is enough , my point was around the scheduling from The FA clearly not in tandem with PL
      HScRed1
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 20,172 posts | 4401 
      Reply #363: Jan 27, 2020 08:05:29 am
      Let’s just support what ever Klopp decides is best, he is the guy who brought home No 6 and has us 16 pts ahead of the rest.
      billythered
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 10,821 posts | 4920 
      • From Doubters to Champions of the World
      Reply #364: Jan 27, 2020 08:07:37 am
      Klopp is sort of taking a stance because he feels the FA scheduling replay during winter break period is wrong and the senior players deserve their rest.

This....

And it's already been arranged..location,  accommodation..transport ...programme ..training facilities...relaxing facilities, logistics  etc  all booked up paid for & sorted,

So why the f**k should LFC/ Jürgen change anything then if the governing bodies can't be arsed to get their head's together and arrange proper Scheduling for each and every season irrespective of each competition....

Klopp's right, player welfare comes first..this winter break is exactly that...A Break...A time for the Squad to relax,  rest, work on injuries,  recover from knocks...and do some extra bonding/ bit of fun...etc

So F**k the FA, and their cup , Jürgen wants his squad at their optimum or closest to it for the last third of the season, and nothing is going to stand in his way, and if that means a sacrifice then the worth F**k all cup has to go,

Play the kids, and see what happens, if we go out so be it, but number one is the League,  then comes CL, and if we're still in it...that cup.

YNWA
      ruthcity
      • Forum Legend - Dalglish

• 6,867 posts | 1465 
      Reply #365: Jan 27, 2020 09:00:12 am
      Let’s just support what ever Klopp decides is best, he is the guy who brought home No 6 and has us 16 pts ahead of the rest.

Oh no this is going to offend all those so called self appointed Liverpool managers who know much more than Jürgen Klopp. But let Jürgen do the job of the Liverpool manager? Yes that’s what I advocate. If we are that smart, we’ll be next in line for the job.
      Lallana in Pyjamas
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 12,479 posts | 3285 
      Reply #366: Jan 27, 2020 09:04:59 am
      I think this is nail on the head the senior players know that Klopp doesn't care about the FA cup and therefore they don't either, it's a really sh*t attitude and a big blemish on Jürgen. We are going to get so much sh*t if he goes ahead with this ie doesn't bother to manage the team plus rests players like Lovren, Matip, Fab, Origi etc. Why on earth do they need a rest after just coming back from injury.
      It would be much better to field a decent team, win 6-0 and move forwards.

You really do need to stop trash talking the players and the manager

Right now I don’t give two shits about the FA Cup or about what will happen when we play kids. I only care about the league and the CL right now and mainly the League - it’s been 30 F***ing years since we won tbe league and no FA Cup is going to get in the way of that

I have no doubt that If we played the senior players and someone got a serious injury that potentially derailed the league bid they you would be the first at the queue with your pitchfork - Klopp can play the u16 team as far as I’m concerned and any pr**k that says it’s a blemish is either trolling or just doesn’t have a clue about us
      7-King Kenny-7
      • Lives on Sesame Street
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 44,014 posts | 5760 
      • You'll Never Walk Alone!
      Reply #367: Jan 27, 2020 09:09:12 am
      So we are playing just kids again like against Villa on account of the players being promised a winter break. Sorry but I couldn’t disagree more with that. Not necessarily the whole team but certainly the first team starters yesterday should be playing again. They massively let themselves down yesterday with an utterly diabolical performance. For once I’d like to see us have a good run in the FA Cup, they will already be coming Anfield full of confidence and if we play just kids again, I hate to say it but I can’t see us getting to the 5th round.

The senior players got us into this mess, as far as I’m concerned they can forget their winter break and put this right.

The circumstances vs Villa were very different, this occasion I couldn’t disagree any more over Klopp’s decision. Yes the scheduling is bad but it’s tough, we have nobody to blame but ourselves for having to play a replay so they just have to get on and deal with it. Would like to see us have a good run in this cup because our domestic cup runs have probably been the biggest let down since Klopp arrived, now because of a sh*te performance we are likely to be another year with an early exit.

Not good enough.

I get many will say they couldn’t care less and it’s the league that matters. Yes the league matters but we have a big enough lead and are a good enough team to play the same line up as yesterday for the replay without damaging our title hopes. If we get an injury then we get an injury, we have shown we are more than capable of playing without the likes of Lovren and anyone else from yesterday.
      « Last Edit: Jan 27, 2020 09:13:21 am by 7-King Kenny-7 »

Quick Reply