Trending Topics

Next match: LFC v Brighton [Premier League] Sun 31st Mar @ 2:00 pm
      Anfield

Today is the 28th of March and on this date LFC's match record is P26 W11 D3 L12

Pre-Match: West Ham United V Liverpool (29/01/20 - 19:45)

Read 8169 times
      LondonRed83
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 21,300 posts | 3869 
      Re: Pre-Match: West Ham United V Liverpool (29/01/20 - 19:45)
      Reply #23: Jan 28, 2020 09:41:54 am
      I'd go for Origi to replace Mane, I know he had a stinker in the Cup but that's probably the first time he has really let himself down in the last 12 months. He offers more goal threat than Ox in an advanced position and Minamino looks to me like he could be a bit of a Robbo/Fabinho (in that he might need some time to really acclimatise) so i'd sit him on the bench. It's also possible that Keita could come in a for a recall, he has played in Mane's role before.

Origi 100% mate - he deserves this chance
      brezipool
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 9,452 posts | 1735 
      • Mon the Red Machine !
      Reply #24: Jan 28, 2020 11:09:56 am
      I think you will see Fabinho back in the middle with Hendo and Gini with Ox being forced to play wide though I wouldn't mind give Origi a run of games see what he can do. The rest of the team pretty much locked for this game.

I still find it hard to believe given before the christmas period i felt we get to the end of January with 10 point lead we would be in the driver's seat for the title. Now with a win we could be 19 point is unbelievable position to be in.

West Ham have been in a funk and I feel this could be a game where see us with professional and clinical performance.

I was thinking Fab to start too. but not sure as he played 94mins sunday didnt he. 

Have a wee cheeky feeling naby will get get a start, ox or naby playing further forward with Bobby & Mo.
      ruthcity
      • Forum Legend - Dalglish

• 6,867 posts | 1465 
      Reply #25: Jan 28, 2020 11:26:52 am
      Looking forward to this. love beating moyes teams. ;D

The thought of doing one more over "The Chosen One" excites me. He's no longer at Everton and at some point, I know we should let go.

But some things never change. He's been too long at Everton and I still can't let go. Perhaps being the c**t's manager contributed to it as well.

I'd like to give defeat to him once more. It'll make my day! :lmao:
      Robby The Z
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 9,034 posts | 2690 
      Reply #26: Jan 28, 2020 12:02:14 pm
      The thought of doing one more over "The Chosen One" excites me. He's no longer at Everton and at some point, I know we should let go.

But some things never change. He's been too long at Everton and I still can't let go. Perhaps being the c**t's manager contributed to it as well.

Oh you won't have to settle for once more. He's like the new Redknapp. He'll manager Watford, Palace and Fulham going forward and we can beat him with those clubs again in the coming years. This is just the next chapter, not the final one.
      heimdall
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 13,818 posts | 2724 
      Reply #27: Jan 28, 2020 12:08:41 pm
      I think you will see Fabinho back in the middle with Hendo and Gini with Ox being forced to play wide though I wouldn't mind give Origi a run of games see what he can do. The rest of the team pretty much locked for this game.

I still find it hard to believe given before the christmas period i felt we get to the end of January with 10 point lead we would be in the driver's seat for the title. Now with a win we could be 19 point is unbelievable position to be in.

West Ham have been in a funk and I feel this could be a game where see us with professional and clinical performance.

After that performance against mighty Shrewsbury I don't want to see Fabinho anywhere near the team until he has worked that rust off.
      Same team as last time please, no need for any changes as they've all had a week off.
      matt2801
      • On Trial

• 2 posts |
      Reply #28: Jan 28, 2020 12:09:37 pm
      Hi. I’m going to the match tomorrow. Anyone been to West Ham away? Any chance of seeing the Liverpool coach come in? What time roughly do you reckon?

Thanks
      Matt
      brezipool
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 9,452 posts | 1735 
      • Mon the Red Machine !
      Reply #29: Jan 28, 2020 12:31:16 pm

Oh yes. beating any of his teams to go 19 points clear will be even sweeter. :lmao:
      David Wright
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 5,233 posts | 752 
      Reply #30: Jan 28, 2020 01:07:49 pm
      Comfortable win for the Reds by 3  0, another victory  over the so called "chosen one" as an added bonus.
      sms1986
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 1,182 posts | 453 
      Reply #31: Jan 28, 2020 01:11:42 pm
      @_pauljoyce
      Klopp says Sadio Mane will be missing for West Ham and Southampton. He has a small muscle tear.

Only two games it seems, so not too bad. Klopp says he should be back after those matches.
      FL Red
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 31,048 posts | 6294 
      Reply #32: Jan 28, 2020 01:20:59 pm
      Origi for Mane seems like a no brainer. Bring Taki on as a sub. Would like to see him get some more game time to get used to playing with the guys.
      brezipool
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 9,452 posts | 1735 
      • Mon the Red Machine !
      Reply #33: Jan 28, 2020 01:27:03 pm
      In hindsight, If Lallana is fit, I guess he starts, he was in good form before he got sick.
      Swab
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 13,361 posts | 3462 
      Reply #34: Jan 28, 2020 01:43:59 pm
      F**k Gollum

F**k the FA

3 points is all I'm concerned about
      sms1986
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 1,182 posts | 453 
      Reply #35: Jan 28, 2020 01:47:23 pm
      From the BBC -

Liverpool boss Jürgen Klopp has now spoken to the media and confirmed that Senegalese forward Sadio Mane will be out of Wednesday's Premier League game.

Klopp said: "Sadio will not be involved against West Ham and probably not Southampton. After that he should be fine."

Probably sounds encouraging, he will likely miss that game too, but there does seem to be a chance.

Swab
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 13,361 posts | 3462 
      Reply #36: Jan 28, 2020 01:50:01 pm
      From the BBC -

Liverpool boss Jürgen Klopp has now spoken to the media and confirmed that Senegalese forward Sadio Mane will be out of Wednesday's Premier League game.

Klopp said: "Sadio will not be involved against West Ham and probably not Southampton. After that he should be fine."

Probably sounds encouraging, he will likely miss that game too, but there does seem to be a chance.

If only there was a weeks rest coming up for him ;)
      Pear
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 1,275 posts | 79 
      • Me, i always tell the truth, even when i lie.
      Reply #37: Jan 28, 2020 02:08:35 pm

Back to the same team that beat both United and Wolves after that disaster in the Cup. If we can win this we go 19 clear with the game in hand played. West Ham are a mess at the moment but this was a game we dropped points in last season. Time to put that right. 0-3 to the Redmen!!!  :kop5cf8koxp6: :kop5cf8koxp6: :kop5cf8koxp6:

You really expect Mane back so fast?
      Pear
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 1,275 posts | 79 
      • Me, i always tell the truth, even when i lie.
      Reply #38: Jan 28, 2020 02:14:03 pm
      Tough game last time we came here, only ended up drawing 1-1 and I think that was with a bit of help from the referee.

Thankfully they're looking a lot worse than they were this time last year. They had the obligatory "new manager bounce" when they beat a very poor Bournemouth side 4-0 at home but they seem to have reverted back to factory settings in the last few weeks.

Should win this one comfortably but wouldn't be surprised if we made hard work of it, confident we'll get the job done nonetheless
      Yep, i agree, this might be tougher than we expect but we will take all three points from them anyway.
      sms1986
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 1,182 posts | 453 
      Reply #39: Jan 28, 2020 02:34:58 pm
      More from the BBC -

Hammers have no points to waste - Klopp
      West Ham v Liverpool (Wed, 19:45 GMT)

Now let's hear from the man himself, Liverpool boss Jürgen Klopp, on Wednesday's Premier League game.

"West Ham fights for staying in the league and that's what it looks like," he said. "It will be a big fight, they will fight with all they have.

"It will be a rather defensive line-up. If it's four in the back or five in the back, I don't know but both is obviously possible. They did something mixed already when it was four plus [Arthur] Masuaku man-marking [Ricardo] Pereira, I think, against Leicester.

"So there's different possibilities, but we have to be ready for a big fight. They want to strike back, they have a tough programme coming up, everybody knows that. They have no points to waste, no time to waste."

Liverpool boss Jürgen Klopp added:"It will just be a tough one, 100%. But we have to do what we have to do. We have to fight as well.

"We have to keep up, if not set the intensity level and do some smart things with possession as well. That's a big challenge.

"[They have] counter-attacking threats – [Michail] Antonio, [Manuel] Lanzini, whoever can play, I'm not 100%. It will be tough but that's what the Premier League is about."

Robby The Z
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 9,034 posts | 2690 
      Reply #40: Jan 28, 2020 02:37:59 pm

To: "The Chosen One"

Re: Points

In case you had forgotten, you have no points left to lose. See you tomorrow!

Auf Wiedersehen!

(EDIT: JD, too funny on the Moyes auto-correct)
      Harrisimo
      • Forum Legend - Dalglish

• 7,968 posts | 1355 
      Reply #41: Jan 28, 2020 02:51:54 pm
      Alf Wiedersehen...must be their new full back..no mater I can only see one result..0-2.

Like to see Origi get the gig.Did great against Everton in the league and deserves to play the next two while Mane is out.I'm also going with Mr.Nabby Keita in midfield.
      « Last Edit: Jan 28, 2020 02:56:37 pm by Harrisimo »
      billythered
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 10,821 posts | 4920 
      • From Doubters to Champions of the World
      Reply #42: Jan 28, 2020 05:19:21 pm
      Gutting that Mane misses the Hammering of the Hammers, so over to Divock to give his all and hopefully bag one or two, I thought about putting Mo out left and slotting young Elliot in on the right but I’m not sure yet he’s ready for the physicality of the Epl,
      Anyhoo,
      Onwards and upwards...oh wait ..we can’t go upwards can we 😂, I think Jürgen will opt for Origi , I don’t think he minds coming in from the left and has done well from there before , ....

Alisson
                             Trent.     Gomez.   Virgil.   Robbo
                                  Ox.      Hendo.         Gini
                                      Mo.   Bobby.  Div

Can’t see anything other than another fairly comfortable 3 points for the Mentality Monsters, i don’t think old Bog Eyes Moyes has ever got one over us and it won’t happen here either, WHU are sh*te, lets be honest and the only things  stopping them sinking is Norwich , B’mouth & Villa.

0-3 Champions

YNWA

heimdall
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 13,818 posts | 2724 
      Reply #43: Jan 28, 2020 05:37:27 pm
      Gutting that Mane misses the Hammering of the Hammers, so over to Divock to give his all and hopefully bag one or two, I thought about putting Mo out left and slotting young Elliot in on the right but I’m not sure yet he’s ready for the physicality of the Epl,
      Anyhoo,
      Onwards and upwards...oh wait ..we can’t go upwards can we 😂, I think Jürgen will opt for Origi , I don’t think he minds coming in from the left and has done well from there before , ....

Alisson
                             Trent.     Gomez.   Virgil.   Robbo
                                  Ox.      Hendo.         Gini
                                      Mo.   Bobby.  Div

Can’t see anything other than another fairly comfortable 3 points for the Mentality Monsters, i don’t think old Bog Eyes Moyes has ever got one over us and it won’t happen here either, WHU are Sh*te, lets be honest and the only things  stopping them sinking is Norwich , B’mouth & Villa.

0-3 Champions

YNWA

The same Eliott who was fairly invisible against Shrewsbury? BTW I like the kid, think he will be VERY good but no way is he ready for the step up yet.
      srslfc
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 32,111 posts | 4876 
      Reply #44: Jan 28, 2020 06:33:51 pm
      As much as I criticised Origi at the weekend I'd go with him as well in place of Mane as in theory and on form he gives us that direct outlet on the left.

I'd be tempted to go 4-2-3-1  as well and play Minamino on the right with Gini and Hendo in midfield.
      Livershrew
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 3,393 posts | 376 
      Reply #45: Jan 28, 2020 06:41:55 pm
      Absolute madness this game isn’t on UK tv... wtf is that about?!

Quick Reply