Trending Topics

Next match: LFC v Brighton [Premier League] Sun 31st Mar @ 2:00 pm
      Anfield

Today is the 28th of March and on this date LFC's match record is P26 W11 D3 L12

LFC Reds Poll

Q. LFC Man of the Match v West Ham?

Alisson
      22 (23.9%)
      Trent Alexander-Arnold
      0 (0%)
      Joe Gomez
      5 (5.4%)
      Virgil van Dijk
      1 (1.1%)
      Andy Robertson
      4 (4.3%)
      Georginio Wijnaldum
      1 (1.1%)
      Jordan Henderson
      6 (6.5%)
      Alex Oxlade-Chamberlain
      5 (5.4%)
      Divock Origi
      0 (0%)
      Roberto Firmino
      8 (8.7%)
      Mohammed Salah
      40 (43.5%)
       Fabinho
      0 (0%)
      Curtis Jones
      0 (0%)
      Naby Keïta
      0 (0%)

Total Members Voted: 92

Voting closed: Feb 02, 2020 09:36:42 pm

West Ham United 0-2 Liverpool: In game and Post Match discussion

Read 17971 times
      Klopps Snood
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 1,631 posts | 1558 
      • CHAMPI9NS
      Re: West Ham United 0-2 Liverpool: In game and Post Match discussion
      Reply #253: Jan 29, 2020 10:10:12 pm
      Haven't seen the game but followed it, one or two scary moments but by the sound of things we were never really troubled, Mo sounds like he played a blinder and was pretty much untouchable, another solid away win, looking forward to watching the whole game on LFC TV, another nice 3 points.
      To think we've beaten every one of our league opponents at least once this season is a massive achievement, something we last managed 124 years ago WOW !! Quite amazing.

:kop5cf8koxp6: :scarf: :kop5cf8koxp6:
      fields of anny rd
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 17,663 posts | 1961 
      Reply #254: Jan 29, 2020 10:10:40 pm
      My MoTM to Salah. Sometimes I have a go at him for not passing but it is unquestionable that he is a huge part of what we are and a fantastic player.

Goal and assist, lovely stuff.
      Harrisimo
      • Forum Legend - Dalglish

• 7,966 posts | 1355 
      Reply #255: Jan 29, 2020 10:11:34 pm
      We are so controlled these days.Call it control or possession football. We probe away always looking for a bit of space but not taking to many risks.It's frustrates the home team as they can't get any momentum going. Passing teams into the dust, then bite like a viper.

It definitely suits Hendo. Maybe a year or two ago Hendo was called out for going sideways but if it means we don't lose possession and in turn don't come under sustained attacks then nobody complains. Different story at home but away it is tactically sound.
      redtiler
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 1,101 posts | 125 
      Reply #256: Jan 29, 2020 10:12:39 pm
      just hope its not the dream when Bobby Ewing returns because then this would be us all dreaming. (Bobby Ewing ref may be a stretch for younger viewers)

Who is Bobby Ewing ?
      Klopps Snood
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 1,631 posts | 1558 
      • CHAMPI9NS
      Reply #257: Jan 29, 2020 10:14:42 pm
      When we saw that homecoming in June it was other worldly just had a smile on my face for weeks. I honestly thought City would take some catching this year having lost one game last season 97 points got us second. I thought win a trophy challenge for the league and then go far in the CL and it would be a good season after such a fantastic 2018/19, Never in my wildest dreams did I see this coming yet the signs were there last season .

I made a bold statement on June 1st when we won the Champions league last season and said, the only thing to do now is to win the League, after our performance last season, I couldn't wait for us to go one better, never in my wildest dreams did I think we would be so far ahead, I was there when we last won the league so this will be such a sweet moment when, come May we lift that trophy.
      molbys belly
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 1,537 posts | 123 
      Reply #258: Jan 29, 2020 10:15:47 pm
      just hope its not the dream when Bobby Ewing returns because then this would be us all dreaming. (Bobby Ewing ref may be a stretch for younger viewers)

;D know what you mean mate . Am old enough to remember fs ;D
      Jimsouse67

• 9,275 posts | 1436 
      Reply #259: Jan 29, 2020 10:16:09 pm
      A character from Dallas,he was better as the man from Atlantis though,
      waltonl4
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 37,585 posts | 7139 
      Reply #260: Jan 29, 2020 10:18:06 pm
      I made a bold statement on June 1st when we won the Champions league last season and said, the only thing to do now is to win the League, after our performance last season, I couldn't wait for us to go one better, never in my wildest dreams did I think we would be so far ahead, I was there when we last won the league so this will be such a sweet moment when, come May we lift that trophy.

Iv'e seen lots of great Liverpool teams but none as balanced and deadly as this one. Stood at the Jolly Miller many many times so many it was almost boring but wherever they go to show us Silverware  this season I will be there because they deserve for all of us to make the effort where possible to show our utmost respect for what they are doing for us and the Club
      waltonl4
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 37,585 posts | 7139 
      Reply #261: Jan 29, 2020 10:20:25 pm

These youngster need educating Dallas was shown when we ruled the world
      redtiler
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 1,101 posts | 125 
      Reply #262: Jan 29, 2020 10:22:36 pm

Thanks mate but still not an igloo, lots know who your talking about, so I bow down
      Klopps Snood
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 1,631 posts | 1558 
      • CHAMPI9NS
      Reply #263: Jan 29, 2020 10:24:46 pm
      Iv'e seem lots of great Liverpool teams but none as balanced and deadly as this one. Stood at the Jolly Miller many many times so many it was almost boring but wherever they go to show is Silverware  this season I will be there because they deserve for all of us to make the effort where possible to show our utmost respect for what they are doing for us and the Club

Totally agree, it was like, oh we've won the league again...so what sort of thing  :o none of us knew at that time just how long it would take us to win it again, and yeah, this team are something else, a lot of it is due to Klopp's determination and ruthless streak, which I love, the lads will run through a brick wall for him, he reminds me so much of the late great Mr William Shankly, that's the best compliment I can pay Jürgen, just lapping up every moment of this wonderful amazing season.
      waltonl4
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 37,585 posts | 7139 
      Reply #264: Jan 29, 2020 10:26:37 pm
      Totally agree, it was like, oh we've won the league again...so what sort of thing  :o none of us knew at that time just how long it would take us to win it again, and yeah, this team are something else, a lot of it is due to Klopp's determination and ruthless streak, which I love, the lads will run through a brick wall for him, he reminds me so much of the late great Mr William Shankly, that's the best compliment I can pay Jürgen, just lapping up every moment of this wonderful amazing season.

He would have been very much at home in the boot room and I love the fact he cares about this club and doesn't really care what people think from outside it
      Scottbot

• 9,542 posts | 2135 
      Reply #265: Jan 29, 2020 10:27:24 pm
      We are so controlled these days.Call it control or possession football. We probe away always looking for a bit of space but not taking to many risks.It's frustrates the home team as they can't get any momentum going. Passing teams into the dust, then bite like a viper.

It definitely suits Hendo. Maybe a year or two ago Hendo was called out for going sideways but if it means we don't lose possession and in turn don't come under sustained attacks then nobody complains. Different story at home but away it is tactically sound.

In the first 20 minutes we actually went long or into a channels quite a bit before settling into a possession approach, it's been the pattern of our play recently. We threaten teams with the ball in behind, force them deeper and then pass them off the park.
      waltonl4
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 37,585 posts | 7139 
      Reply #266: Jan 29, 2020 10:30:43 pm
      In the first 20 minutes we actually went long or into a channels quite a bit before settling into a possession approach, it's been the pattern of our play recently. We threaten teams with the ball in behind, force them deeper and then pass them off the park.

Its clear we have so much more sophisticated game plans than last year after we apparently drew too many games. I love the fast passing pressing game but I love winning more than anything so long or short who cares as long as we win
      Klopps Snood
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 1,631 posts | 1558 
      • CHAMPI9NS
      Reply #267: Jan 29, 2020 10:31:45 pm
      He would have been very much at home in the boot room and I love the fact he cares about this club and doesn't really care what people think from outside it

Deffo, sharing a tin cup with Bill, Bob, Roy and co in the boot room, love that he says what he thinks and doesn't give a flying f*** what anyone thinks.  :laugh:
      Boston not la
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 3,564 posts | 766 
      Reply #268: Jan 29, 2020 10:32:59 pm
      I wonder if this showed up today? He was superb in his management today.

It really was such an easy game.Not a F***ing clue why i was worried before kick off must of been the stain blocker paint from yesterday F***ing up my brian!!
      7-King Kenny-7
      • Lives on Sesame Street
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 44,014 posts | 5760 
      • You'll Never Walk Alone!
      Reply #269: Jan 29, 2020 10:39:44 pm
      Don’t think we can even be sure Trent didn’t intentionally play it off the post to pass to Virgil given some of the passes he’s played in the last year.
      GERNS
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 12,208 posts | 1503 
      Reply #270: Jan 29, 2020 10:42:49 pm
      Lot of good performances tonight, a couple not so good.
      But... 3 points, clean sheet, 19 clear and on we charge.
      Mo was class, Bob sublime, Gini solid, Joe and Virg imperious.
      But my motm, Alison ! At least 2 top top saves and a couple more he made look basic.
      Thought Robbo and Trent looking a bit leggy. Only to be expected. Weeks rest in the winter break will do them the world of good. 😂
      waltonl4
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 37,585 posts | 7139 
      Reply #271: Jan 29, 2020 10:47:16 pm
      Lot of good performances tonight, a couple not so good.
      But... 3 points, clean sheet, 19 clear and on we charge.
      Mo was class, Bob sublime, Gini solid, Joe and Virg imperious.
      But my motm, Alison ! At least 2 top top saves and a couple more he made look basic.
      Thought Robbo and Trent looking a bit leggy. Only to be expected. Weeks rest in the winter break will do them the world of good. 😂

that's the point mate they are not machines and whilst the body may be willing the sheer pressure of all these games is telling on the most experienced of players. They have earned a weeks rest its come at a perfect time
      Harrisimo

• 7,966 posts | 1355 
      Reply #272: Jan 29, 2020 11:01:48 pm
      that's the point mate they are not machines and whilst the body may be willing the sheer pressure of all these games is telling on the most experienced of players. They have earned a weeks rest its come at a perfect time

Derserve the rest for sure but tonights game does illustrate why these players need proper rest. The intensity of our play is very high octane stuff. It's not just the physical demands, it's the mental strain as well. Can't take players mental health for granted. They are all under tremendous pressure to perform.Having that few days to chill and just switch off is vital and as the Boss says the break must be respected to protect the players and all the coaching staff as well.

100% behind the decision.
      RC9
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 9,874 posts | 805 
      • Formerly known as Vtorres, Vsuarez, and Vsterling.
      Reply #273: Jan 29, 2020 11:39:13 pm
      To think I have friends who support West Ham and claim our supporters are quiet compared to theirs ;D. If it wasn't for the away support the stadium would have been a library, well done to the travelling fans, you were amazing and never stopped singing.

Not sure if this came across on the TV but Robertson doesn't stop running, even when he's not getting the ball he is constantly on the move and looking to get in behind the opposition's defence.

Salah was the difference tonight IMO, his quality in phases shone through and was unlucky to have not had a hat-trick tonight, also seemed a lot more comfortable looking up and looking for the best option rather than just having a pop every time.

We've conquered all of your Europe, we're never gonna stop!!!!
      Roddenberry
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 16,568 posts | 1876 
      Reply #274: Jan 29, 2020 11:47:34 pm
      Just need to win our next game to guarantee a top ten finish.  ;)  :f_whistle:
      andylfcynwa
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 9,318 posts | 1611 
      Reply #275: Jan 29, 2020 11:58:55 pm
      still cant believe how close we are getting now beat Soton and see Spurs beat City on sunday I might actually do exactly that enjoy the rest of the season

It’s there mate , we never do easy , but this time our nerves are being spared ,the champagne is on ice MC must feel they’ve been hit by a juggernaut, Jürgen is going to keep the hammer down , this seasons title win will go down in folklore , as a season when we obliterated the oil men , and I’m lovin every moment of it , can’t wait to get in my seat on Saturday .Will be a 450 mile round grip on my own but not even that can dampen the mood 😁😁

Quick Reply