Trending Topics

Next match: LFC v Brighton [Premier League] Sun 31st Mar @ 2:00 pm
      Anfield

Today is the 28th of March and on this date LFC's match record is P26 W11 D3 L12

LFC Reds Poll

Q. LFC Man of the Match v West Ham?

Alisson
      22 (23.9%)
      Trent Alexander-Arnold
      0 (0%)
      Joe Gomez
      5 (5.4%)
      Virgil van Dijk
      1 (1.1%)
      Andy Robertson
      4 (4.3%)
      Georginio Wijnaldum
      1 (1.1%)
      Jordan Henderson
      6 (6.5%)
      Alex Oxlade-Chamberlain
      5 (5.4%)
      Divock Origi
      0 (0%)
      Roberto Firmino
      8 (8.7%)
      Mohammed Salah
      40 (43.5%)
       Fabinho
      0 (0%)
      Curtis Jones
      0 (0%)
      Naby Keïta
      0 (0%)

Total Members Voted: 92

Voting closed: Feb 02, 2020 09:36:42 pm

West Ham United 0-2 Liverpool: In game and Post Match discussion

Read 17972 times
      bmck
      • Forum Legend - Dalglish

• 9,404 posts | 1611 
      • YNWA
      Re: West Ham United 0-2 Liverpool: In game and Post Match discussion
      Reply #276: Jan 30, 2020 01:41:09 am
      Didn't see the match, slogging through a nite shift.
      Just watched the highlights though, some nice saves from Alisson and looked like some good attacking play and scores.
      19 points clear. Crazy :)
      Robby The Z
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 9,034 posts | 2690 
      Reply #277: Jan 30, 2020 02:31:49 am

Plays for Stoke City I think.
      Robby The Z
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 9,034 posts | 2690 
      Reply #278: Jan 30, 2020 02:44:40 am
      Having watched on recording and thus coming to this late, a small criticism on this thread. It reads like 8 pages of (mostly) moaning and then 4 pages of celebrating our once-in-a-generation team. So much negativity during the actual match. I thought it was a thoroughly competent and professional for most of the way against a team which even after conceding was mainly set up to frustrate us. Yes as Klopp said there are ways to  improve, but this was a good night and we never looked like anything but in total control.

A few other points:

Moyes' tactics utterly failed in the end, but to his credit he did bite Frodo's finger off at Mount Doom.

Someone else mentioned it but Robbo was tireless and a warrior tonight, on a night when Trent didn't get much chance to help out with the attack.

Gini and Hendo, once again, immense.

Mo Salah is so important to this team. He, like Bobby, does so much more than score.

Ox started slowly but I was happy to see him score a goal.

Keita I thought played well in his first game back. A lot of good touches and was effective going forward.

Fabinho - at some point you quit blaming rust. He was so important before his injury but tonight he was mostly a liability, with two giveaways that could have been costly. I'm sure he'll get back to good form but at the moment putting him on to help kill off a match seems contradictory.

Curtis Jones - on for five minutes and two killer passes. If Divock can't go Saturday.....just saying...
      adammac
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 4,757 posts | 239 
      • Heart As Big As Liverpool
      Reply #279: Jan 30, 2020 05:58:53 am
      Thought it was a very professional performance from the boys, we controlled the game for long periods and though would of been nicer if we could of broke through with a few more goals but we looked a world apart from West Ham.

Both Firmino and Salah had great outings, Firmino touch and skill on the ball continues to be something that troubles defenders and nice ball from Salah on the Ox goal.

Nice to see Naby back into the fold and Jones who played well when called upon be rewarded with a late cameo with the senior team.

At this point right now I am just enjoying every second of this squad and what they are doing this season.
      LondonRed83
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 21,300 posts | 3869 
      Reply #280: Jan 30, 2020 07:24:20 am
      To think I have friends who support West Ham and claim our supporters are quiet compared to theirs ;D. If it wasn't for the away support the stadium would have been a library, well done to the travelling fans, you were amazing and never stopped singing.

Not sure if this came across on the TV but Robertson doesn't stop running, even when he's not getting the ball he is constantly on the move and looking to get in behind the opposition's defence.

Salah was the difference tonight IMO, his quality in phases shone through and was unlucky to have not had a hat-trick tonight, also seemed a lot more comfortable looking up and looking for the best option rather than just having a pop every time.

We've conquered all of your Europe, we're never gonna stop!!!!

My wife’s family are all season ticket holders. The London Stadium is big but no where near as atmospheric as the Boleyn Ground.

They’re absolutely gutted about this season, so many crap performances. It’s embarrassing
      SM
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 3,583 posts | 400 
      Reply #281: Jan 30, 2020 08:09:07 am
      Wow...teams really are sh*t scared of us!

3 men round Salah when he got the ball, defensive line ups and long balls when they can.

If Klopp adds a bit more creativity in the summer like a Silva type of player these games will be even more straightforward.
      RC9
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 9,874 posts | 805 
      • Formerly known as Vtorres, Vsuarez, and Vsterling.
      Reply #282: Jan 30, 2020 08:18:07 am
      My wife’s family are all season ticket holders. The London Stadium is big but no where near as atmospheric as the Boleyn Ground.

They’re absolutely gutted about this season, so many crap performances. It’s embarrassing

Yeah my friends are putting it down to the club being deflated. Wish I could afford the trip/tickets to a game at Anfield before the end of the season, no matter what I will be there for the parade though!
      Jimsouse67

• 9,275 posts | 1436 
      Reply #283: Jan 30, 2020 08:22:18 am

They’re absolutely gutted about this season, so many crap performances. It’s embarrassing. I’m a massive mong.
      Upton Park was some ground aswell mate,the crowd was right on top of the players.
      Personally speaking & straying slightly off topic these new stadiums have no heart or soul & im glad anfield has the scope to be redeveloped cos I could never  ever imagine or bare  the reds having a new ground for a very very long time if at all.
      Billy1
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 10,638 posts | 1966 
      Reply #284: Jan 30, 2020 08:30:07 am
      Another 3 points in the bag from my fantastic REDS,that's good enough for me and our goalie is worth his weight in gold.
      Dadorious

• 9,882 posts | 1545 
      Reply #285: Jan 30, 2020 08:51:23 am
      Controlled and professional performance from Jürgen and the lads.

"The Chosen One" how do you keep getting work?
      CINERE KOPITES
      • Forum Patrik Berger

• 196 posts | 29 
      • CINEREDS est. 2017
      Reply #286: Jan 30, 2020 09:12:19 am
      can't see the match live on TV, but just watch the game’s highlight, and feel so glad for the REDS winning habit constantly continued,
      a couple of brilliant save by Allison were outstanding,  great reflect and quick reaction,  another display of top class performance of our GK, bold of strong defense line. He’s my MOTM, for sure.
      Allison.. he is a real gold fingers tips
      LondonRed83
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 21,300 posts | 3869 
      Reply #287: Jan 30, 2020 09:14:31 am
      Upton Park was some ground aswell mate,the crowd was right on top of the players.
      Personally speaking & straying slightly off topic these new stadiums have no heart or soul & im glad anfield has the scope to be redeveloped cos I could never  ever imagine or bare  the reds having a new ground for a very very long time if at all.

It has no soul what so ever. Fans are not allowed to wear football colours when walking through Westfield (next to the stadium) and seats are so far from the pitch.

West Ham don’t own it either, i think they’re in trouble. The owners are crap. It’s a shame because I like West Ham, they’re a good London team with loyal supporters.
      HUYTON RED
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 39,947 posts | 8458 
      Reply #288: Jan 30, 2020 09:24:35 am
      Normal, controlled and a F***ing stroll.
      Vicks86
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 3,635 posts | 273 
      Reply #289: Jan 30, 2020 11:20:24 am
      Probably the second easiest game, albeit a few scares, after Bournemouth away!
      ruthcity

• 6,867 posts | 1465 
      Reply #290: Jan 30, 2020 11:44:50 am
      Just need to win our next game to guarantee a top ten finish.  ;)  :f_whistle:

What? Is that our aspiration?  ;D
      Harrisimo

• 7,966 posts | 1355 
      Reply #291: Jan 30, 2020 12:31:39 pm
      It has no soul what so ever. Fans are not allowed to wear football colours when walking through Westfield

What's that all about...do they have to hide their scarves etc..
      Harrisimo

• 7,966 posts | 1355 
      Reply #292: Jan 30, 2020 12:56:37 pm

Curtis Jones - on for five minutes and two killer passes. If Divock can't go Saturday.....just saying...

Curtis Jones already looks the part.It's impossible to say how good he is going to be.10 years ago..or even less he'd be in the side but with the demands and standards now just don't afford playing even an exceptional youngster...but how long can the Boss keep him happy.

WeAreMenOfShanklysBest
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 396 posts | 114 
      • up the reds
      Reply #293: Jan 30, 2020 03:08:28 pm
      Really easy win last night. West Ham are pitiful. Then again we make most teams look pitiful... we’re going to win the league👍🏻
      LondonRed83
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 21,300 posts | 3869 
      Reply #294: Jan 30, 2020 03:31:31 pm
      What's that all about...do they have to hide their scarves etc..

So Westfield is a massive shopping centre in Stratford and people cut through it from the station (plus you can grab food / drinks in there)

There are literally bouncers on the door!!
      Robby The Z
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 9,034 posts | 2690 
      Reply #295: Jan 30, 2020 04:04:05 pm
      Really easy win last night. West Ham are pitiful. Then again we make most teams look pitiful... we’re going to win the league👍🏻

Thought this was apt from Steven Scragg in This is Anfield:

"On Wednesday evening, in east London, West Ham’s tactical approach to the visit of Liverpool was to curl up into the foetal position and hope for the best. They effectively played dead. The mantra seemed to be, “if we just lay here; if we don’t move, they might not eat us”."
      clint_call01
      • King Live Match Starter
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • Started Topic
      • 11,659 posts | 3670 
      • Ynwa... lfc till I die !
      Reply #296: Jan 30, 2020 04:47:48 pm
      We played to win and we obviously did. Nothing spectacular but job done.

Mo MOTM then Alisson.
      chats
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 31,018 posts | 2741 
      Reply #297: Jan 30, 2020 06:26:12 pm
      Another professional job from us.

What a F***ing team.
      AussieRed
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 20,583 posts | 6643 
      • You'll Never Walk Alone
      Reply #298: Jan 30, 2020 11:50:50 pm
      Can't rememeber if I came in here and said Get the F**k innnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnn
      so

Get the fuckkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkk innnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnn nnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnn n!!!

Apart from a couple of brilliant saves from Ali, that was just too easy. A training drill at times and if it wasn't for us causing our own errors, they probably wouldn't have even got a shot on target!

Quick Reply