RedPuppy
      • WASH YOUR HANDS
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • Started Topic
      • 17,892 posts | 2219 
      • Parum Rutilus Canis: Illegitimi non carborundum
      The Post Brexit Unicorn Thread.
      Jan 31, 2020 11:00:17 pm
      Well, we have left the EU... for now. Post any images of unicorns here, and any related Brexit boosts, that may happen.
      LFCexiled
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 3,396 posts | 1242 
      • Lazarus of LFC
      Re: The Post Brexit Unicorn Thread.
      Reply #1: Jan 31, 2020 11:05:08 pm
      Seriously, what the f**k is going on?

We've got dickheads setting fireworks off by ours, it's like spot the council estate Tory.

Now, where did I leave my shotgun?
      RedPuppy
      • WASH YOUR HANDS
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • Started Topic
      • 17,892 posts | 2219 
      Reply #2: Jan 31, 2020 11:06:23 pm
      Seriously, what the f**k is going on?

We've got dickheads setting fireworks off by ours, it's like spot the council estate Tory.

Now, where did I leave my shotgun?

Same here.
      althebest1
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 4,073 posts | 386 
      Reply #3: Jan 31, 2020 11:09:33 pm
      Well, we have left the EU... for now. Post any images of unicorns here, and any related Brexit boosts, that may happen.
      (For now) yeah ok mate.
      Harrisimo
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 3,999 posts | 599 
      Reply #4: Jan 31, 2020 11:18:25 pm
      It's a leap in the dark and there are no guarantee's we'll have a soft landing.

Workers will be exploited. Food prices will rise.Medicines will cost more. Whether we realise it or not the people of the UK get a good deal on medicines, that will end. Does anyone really think this move will improve the NHS. Not a chance.

If anyone thinks we'll get a good deal, a better deal than the one we've got from the EU, must be dreaming. The EU obviously will make sure this isn't the disintergration of their trading block. And they are not about to reward the UK for leaving.

Only a sucker or a fool will think Trump will do us any favours. Not a chance.

It's a mistake and it will cost.
      « Last Edit: Jan 31, 2020 11:38:33 pm by Harrisimo »
      Harrisimo
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 3,999 posts | 599 
      Reply #5: Jan 31, 2020 11:37:35 pm
      Brexit day Quote.............. Department of Health & Social care.." In any trade negotiations or deals now or in the future with the US THE NHS IS NOT FOR SALE. DRUGS SERVICES ETC WILL NOT BE ON THE TABLE....NHS...NOT FOR SALE"

We will see.
      HUYTON RED
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 30,503 posts | 4342 
      Reply #6: Feb 01, 2020 12:11:25 am
      That Brexit party with Farage on the news before looked liked it had a lot of well-roasted gammon :laugh:
      MIRO
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 12,219 posts | 2718 
      • Beware The Second Wave
      Reply #7: Feb 01, 2020 12:43:19 am
      Perhaps Liverpool will get back the trade that was sucked down to the South East 47 years ago.

We've done it . We are OUT !  Thank f**k for that.
      heimdall
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 10,847 posts | 2278 
      Reply #8: Feb 01, 2020 10:28:13 am
      It's a leap in the dark and there are no guarantee's we'll have a soft landing.

Workers will be exploited. Food prices will rise.Medicines will cost more. Whether we realise it or not the people of the UK get a good deal on medicines, that will end. Does anyone really think this move will improve the NHS. Not a chance.

If anyone thinks we'll get a good deal, a better deal than the one we've got from the EU, must be dreaming. The EU obviously will make sure this isn't the disintergration of their trading block. And they are not about to reward the UK for leaving.

Only a sucker or a fool will think Trump will do us any favours. Not a chance.

It's a mistake and it will cost.

Why will workers be exploited
      Why will food prices go up, is this food form the EU or outside the EU?
      Why will it hurt the NHS, how much medicine do we get from EU countries, bear in mind that Switzerland is NOT in the EU
      I am clearly dreaming as I think this will be great for the UK as do many economists who arent; in th epay of bing banks and big business.
      Why is everyone obsessed with Trump and the US trade deal, we currently have a trade surplus with the US, our trade withthem is absolutely fine even without a deal.

Its not a mistake, just watch as the EU morphs now into one big country with its own army and national barriers fall with smaller countries having no option but to go along with it. Either that or the EU will disintegrate as richer countries are asked to pay more or poorer countries told there is no more free money.
      heimdall
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 10,847 posts | 2278 
      Reply #9: Feb 01, 2020 10:31:20 am
      Brexit day Quote.............. Department of Health & Social care.." In any trade negotiations or deals now or in the future with the US THE NHS IS NOT FOR SALE. DRUGS SERVICES ETC WILL NOT BE ON THE TABLE....NHS...NOT FOR SALE"

We will see.

Labour started selling the NHS, did you condemn them. BTW if elements of the NHS can be outsourced so that they provide a better service to patients, what is the problem with that? I mean as long as everything remains free at the point of use then what is the problem with privatising elements of a massively inefficient health service where you have as many managers and admin staff as you have doctors and nurses!
      heimdall
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 10,847 posts | 2278 
      Reply #10: Feb 01, 2020 10:32:56 am
      That Brexit party with Farage on the news before looked liked it had a lot of well-roasted gammon :laugh:

Bet it was more fun than the rater pathetic Scottish vigil, projecting the EU flag onto its parliament buildings, proud to be Scottish eh!!
      srslfc
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 26,315 posts | 2277 
      Reply #11: Feb 01, 2020 10:33:16 am
      Perhaps Liverpool will get back the trade that was sucked down to the South East 47 years ago.

Just curious why you would think being out of the EU and having a Tory Government would help bring more trade to Liverpool and the North West in general?

If it's anything like over here in NI we got a lot more investment and projects done which were funded by the EU and I'm sure that same money won't be pumped in from the Government over the next number of years.
      heimdall
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 10,847 posts | 2278 
      Reply #12: Feb 01, 2020 10:36:21 am

I genuinely think under Boris there is the biggest chance of redressing the balance between North and South, it is insane that the majority of money and business is centred on London, it has to change, its long overdue.
      I honestly think Brexit will help with this
      heimdall
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 10,847 posts | 2278 
      Reply #13: Feb 01, 2020 10:37:50 am
      Just curious why you would think being out of the EU and having a Tory Government would help bring more trade to Liverpool and the North West in general?

If it's anything like over here in NI we got a lot more investment and projects done which were funded by the EU and I'm sure that same money won't be pumped in from the Government over the next number of years.

NI could be the place to invest going forwards, you guys are in a fantastic situation, where you have access to the EU and the UK and beyond, it really is a win win, not sure why there is any gloom about it.
      Lallana in Pyjamas
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 1,372 posts | 614 
      Reply #14: Feb 01, 2020 10:43:40 am
      I genuinely think under Boris there is the biggest chance of redressing the balance between North and South, it is insane that the majority of money and business is centred on London, it has to change, its long overdue.
      I honestly think Brexit will help with this

:lmao: :lmao: :lmao: :lmao: :lmao:

You really don’t have a clue about the UK

The only people Johnson will look after will the the south and the rich - he is just another Tory tw*t who will look after his own

Business and money will continue to be centric to London
      srslfc
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 26,315 posts | 2277 
      Reply #15: Feb 01, 2020 10:43:52 am
      NI could be the place to invest going forwards, you guys are in a fantastic situation, where you have access to the EU and the UK and beyond, it really is a win win, not sure why there is any gloom about it.

That is a fair point and could well turn out to be true but my point was more how anyone could think the North West and the North in general will be better off and get more investment out of the EU and under a Tory Government who, let's face it, don't have a track record of investing in areas like this.
      Shabs
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 24,366 posts | 3271 
      Reply #16: Feb 01, 2020 10:49:36 am
      heimdall
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 10,847 posts | 2278 
      Reply #17: Feb 01, 2020 11:10:53 am
      That is a fair point and could well turn out to be true but my point was more how anyone could think the North West and the North in general will be better off and get more investment out of the EU and under a Tory Government who, let's face it, don't have a track record of investing in areas like this.

I agree that all governments, not just Tory, have a terrible track record on investing in the North, but I genuinely think this will be a fresh approach. The fact is that investing in the North and making it prosperous is good for the whole country, its kind of a no brainer and there seem to be some fresh ideas in side No10 these days.

Only time will tell of course but I'm still optimistic, I hope to hell they don't proceed with HS2 though, that is a big waste of money in my opinion.
      heimdall
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 10,847 posts | 2278 
      Reply #18: Feb 01, 2020 11:12:56 am

On the flip side where is the recession, huge job losses and doom and gloom the Remain side forecast would happen?
      Lallana in Pyjamas
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 1,372 posts | 614 
      Reply #19: Feb 01, 2020 11:20:58 am
      On the flip side where is the recession, huge job losses and doom and gloom the Remain side forecast would happen?

It’s been one day  :mad:

Right now the UK is still following E.U. rules and laws yet has no say in them

They still have to give billions in funds

We have no rights within the EU , no trade

But yet we “have our country back”

https://twitter.com/spilleroftea/status/1223376616090415104?s=21
      RedPuppy
      • WASH YOUR HANDS
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • Started Topic
      • 17,892 posts | 2219 
      Reply #20: Feb 01, 2020 11:22:20 am

It's already happening.

Child poverty up, homelessness up, prices of foods up, government departments told to save 5% in a few months of their allotted budget.

Oh and the Blue passports, are not being printed in France, as the French printers who have won the contract from a British printer, have out sourced it to Poland.

RedPuppy
      • WASH YOUR HANDS
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • Started Topic
      • 17,892 posts | 2219 
      Reply #21: Feb 01, 2020 11:28:24 am
      There will be cut backs, until the "Brexit Boost" kicks in, mark my words, this will take 30yrs, your lives will be over, but the Elite, who told you the alleged Elite were holding us back, won't suffer.
      Harrisimo
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 3,999 posts | 599 
      Reply #22: Feb 01, 2020 11:35:02 am
      Why will workers be exploited
      Why will food prices go up, is this food form the EU or outside the EU?
      Why will it hurt the NHS, how much medicine do we get from EU countries, bear in mind that Switzerland is NOT in the EU
      I am clearly dreaming as I think this will be great for the UK as do many economists who arent; in th epay of bing banks and big business.
      Why is everyone obsessed with Trump and the US trade deal, we currently have a trade surplus with the US, our trade withthem is absolutely fine even without a deal.

Its not a mistake, just watch as the EU morphs now into one big country with its own army and national barriers fall with smaller countries having no option but to go along with it. Either that or the EU will disintegrate as richer countries are asked to pay more or poorer countries told there is no more free money.

In Johnson's December EU withdrawl agreement the Workers rights and protection clause was dropped. Added to the fact that this is the most right wing Tory administration in a lifetime means Workers rights will suffer.Hundreds of thousands of retail workers have already had their rights watered down.

UK imports over 30% of it's food from the EU. Tarifs of some kind can't be avoided. Be even worse if Johnson pulls out and adopts a no deal scenario. Over 70% of our medicines imports come from the EU. The EU has a trade agreement with the WTO so medicines and can be moved around freely without any checks or tarifs. This deal for the UK has now stopped and we are hardly likely to get a better deal or remain on Par.

Trump won't give us some sugar coated deal just because of our perceived special relationship. Only a sucker will think he will.

Yes Germany and France will dominate but since Brexit kicked off no other country has kicked off wanting out. The EU could well get stronger without the UK and will not give the UK any favourable deals. I'm not being pessimistic. I'm just facing reality.If Johnson and the rest improve the UK's lot I will be pleasantly surprised. However I wish him well.
      Fan 86
      • Forum Emlyn Hughes

• 725 posts | 19 
      Reply #23: Feb 01, 2020 12:28:06 pm
      I couldn’t be happier, I work in the agricultural industry and travel the whole of the UK and Ireland. This will not be smooth by any means but I am very optimistic. Can’t talk about any other industry but farming has already been protected and there will be free trade.
      Swab
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 12,475 posts | 2784 
      Reply #24: Feb 01, 2020 12:29:43 pm
      So the US trade ambassador has told Johnson that for a trade deal to happen, the UK has to have regulatory alignment with the EU, otherwise they can't export US goods from the UK to the EU under any trade deal.

You couldn't make this sh*t up.

:lmao:

Quick Reply