Trending Topics

Next match: Everton v LFC [Premier League] Tue 16th Jun @ 8:00 pm
      Goodison Park

Today is the 2nd of June and on this date LFC's match record is P4 W3 D0 L1

The Post Brexit Unicorn Thread.

Read 1698 times
      Fan 86
      • Forum Emlyn Hughes

• 726 posts | 20 
      Re: The Post Brexit Unicorn Thread.
      Reply #25: Feb 01, 2020 12:33:33 pm
      So the US trade ambassador has told Johnson that for a trade deal to happen, the UK has to have regulatory alignment with the EU, otherwise they can't export US goods from the UK to the EU under any trade deal.

You couldn't make this sh*t up.

:lmao:
      Sounds like that is a kick in the nuts for the Huawei deal. Look how quick that gets brushed under the carpet.
      Swab
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 12,476 posts | 2785 
      Reply #26: Feb 01, 2020 12:35:03 pm
      Sounds like that is a kick in the nuts for the Huawei deal. Look how quick that gets brushed under the carpet.

That deal has been done and dusted for years.

Huawei already build mobile infrastructure and have been doing for about 5 years.
      Shabs
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 24,376 posts | 3274 
      Reply #27: Feb 01, 2020 12:38:43 pm
      I couldn’t be happier, I work in the agricultural industry and travel the whole of the UK and Ireland. This will not be smooth by any means but I am very optimistic. Can’t talk about any other industry but farming has already been protected and there will be free trade.

If I could buddy, what are the pro’s & con’s for Brexit in the farming industry..?
      Fan 86
      • Forum Emlyn Hughes

• 726 posts | 20 
      Reply #28: Feb 01, 2020 12:39:31 pm
      Yup I know, and that’s why it has to stay. Integral to our internet going forward.And would put us behind for years if we didn’t continue with them. That’s not to say I agree with it. The Americans where always going to react and if this is the extent of the reaction Happy Days.
      Swab
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 12,476 posts | 2785 
      Reply #29: Feb 01, 2020 12:41:30 pm
      If I could buddy, what are the pro’s & con’s for Brexit in the farming industry..?

Well, the farmers around here lost crops last year because they couldn't get enough EU workers to pick them.

They haven't stopped whinging about it.

I just tell them that's what they voted for.
      Eejits.
      HUYTON RED
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 30,523 posts | 4349 
      Reply #30: Feb 01, 2020 12:46:00 pm
      I genuinely think under Boris there is the biggest chance of redressing the balance between North and South, it is insane that the majority of money and business is centred on London, it has to change, its long overdue.
      I honestly think Brexit will help with this

That acid or whatever hallucinogenic drugs you been taking must of been strong.
      Lallana in Pyjamas
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 1,372 posts | 614 
      Reply #31: Feb 01, 2020 12:51:40 pm
      I couldn’t be happier, I work in the agricultural industry and travel the whole of the UK and Ireland. This will not be smooth by any means but I am very optimistic. Can’t talk about any other industry but farming has already been protected and there will be free trade.

What replaces the E.U. subsidies that the farmers get ?
      Tayls
      • Forum Legend - Dalglish

• 5,166 posts | 415 
      Reply #32: Feb 01, 2020 12:57:27 pm
      It's already happening.

Child poverty up, homelessness up, prices of foods up, government departments told to save 5% in a few months of their allotted budget.

Oh and the Blue passports, are not being printed in France, as the French printers who have won the contract from a British printer, have out sourced it to Poland.

Not sure if we can attribute the homelessness problem, and child poverty, with Brexit considering they are both issues with long term causes.

Have food prices risen? Can't say I've read that, you got a source I could go over?

Can we really see the full effects, whether positive or negative, of Brexit until next year when the transition period ends?
      Fan 86
      • Forum Emlyn Hughes

• 726 posts | 20 
      Reply #33: Feb 01, 2020 12:59:03 pm

No problem.We got word in November trade would stay tariff free between the UK and the Island of Ireland which actually means that will be the case for the whole of the EU. Great news.

UK Agriculture currently has the highest farm standards in the world. Long may this continue . We are heavily regulated by many different organisations. We will be able to show this more readily out of the EU.And be able to protect UK produced foods from cheap imports. Please buy Lion eggs.

Fishing!!!!. Scotland has been hit massively by the EU on fishing. And if you have ever seen fish chucked back into seas you will know what I mean. There will hopefully and this is where I say optimistic in my original post be a fairer system will be introduced and rejuvenate the coastal towns of this great Island.

Single Farm payments is the big one. It’s like Chinese whispers, lots of transactions or movements of money means more charges. Farmers to one organisation and back to farmers is a lot simpler.

FATKOPITE10
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 11,381 posts | 2163 
      • Liverpool fc give me tourettes
      Reply #34: Feb 01, 2020 01:03:40 pm

What replaces the E.U. subsidies that the farmers get ?

Magic beans
      Fan 86
      • Forum Emlyn Hughes

• 726 posts | 20 
      Reply #35: Feb 01, 2020 01:06:20 pm

Please see my post, last statement. Will be a lot simpler, with no deductions. Hence more money to the individual farm stead. I’m staying positive, like i say will be a rocky, but isn’t that life??.
      Lallana in Pyjamas
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 1,372 posts | 614 
      Reply #36: Feb 01, 2020 01:08:33 pm
      No problem.We got word in November trade would stay tariff free between the UK and the Island of Ireland which actually means that will be the case for the whole of the EU. Great news.

No deal has been completed by any party as yet - especially any “tariff free trade deal”

UK Agriculture currently has the highest farm standards in the world. Long may this continue . We are heavily regulated by many different organisations. We will be able to show this more readily out of the EU.And be able to protect UK produced foods from cheap imports. Please buy Lion eggs.

Which on the whole are more expensive are they not ? So with austerity measures still place how are people going to afford the more expensive local produce ? People will continue to buy the cheapest regardless of where ja comes from and a good number comes from outside the EU

Fishing!!!!. Scotland has been hit massively by the EU on fishing. And if you have ever seen fish chucked back into seas you will know what I mean. There will hopefully and this is where I say optimistic in my original post be a fairer system will be introduced and rejuvenate the coastal towns of this great Island.

A lot of the fish being thrown back in isnt down to EU and a lot of rules where put in place to ensure the stocks were kept high

Single Farm payments is the big one. It’s like Chinese whispers, lots of transactions or movements of money means more charges. Farmers to one organisation and back to farmers is a lot simpler.

Most of the farmers make more money from subsidies than they do produce - what replaces them - are you expecting the Tory government to give the money ?
      Swab
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 12,476 posts | 2785 
      Reply #37: Feb 01, 2020 01:16:58 pm
      Fishing  :laugh:

In the 1980's, when Thatcher got quota's and licenses, the first thing she did was give almost 40% of them to 7 wealthy families who were fleet owners.
      They promptly sold their fleets and rented out the licenses and quota's to foreign fleets.
      This happened all over the country with small, medium and large fleet owners selling licenses and quota's.
      The UK was the only country in the CFP to do this.
      Then of course when loads of fishermen were out of work the government blamed the EU.

Also "tariff free " is meaningless; that deal hasn't been struck yet (if it ever is) and it doesn't address the masses of paper work needed.
      Fan 86
      • Forum Emlyn Hughes

• 726 posts | 20 
      Reply #38: Feb 01, 2020 01:18:49 pm
      No deal has been completed by any party as yet - especially any “tariff free trade deal”

Correct, I’m not trying to be an ITK. But what I received in an industry email which was government led before the last election says there will be frictionless trade regardless of a NO DEAL BREXIT in agriculture.

Which on the whole are more expensive are they not ? So with austerity measures still place how are people going to afford the more expensive local produce ? People will continue to buy the cheapest regardless of where ja comes from and a good number comes from outside the EU

Not necessarily, there will still be cheap stuff imported on a need basis. But most people buy welfare standard produce. I agree there are people who go for the cheapest. And we still produce some. But the vast majority is produced to high standard.

A lot of the fish being thrown back in isnt down to EU and a lot of rules where put in place to ensure the stocks were kept high

Yup, again agree. But imagine the fishermen that are on the seas in the middle of the night risking there live watching a Spanish trawler chucking back fish that could be on there boat.

Most of the farmers make more money from subsidies than they do produce - what replaces them - are you expecting the Tory government to give the money ?
      This is very true, and under the EU where encouraged to leave there land idle. Maybe this won’t happen anymore.??.
      Fan 86
      • Forum Emlyn Hughes

• 726 posts | 20 
      Reply #39: Feb 01, 2020 01:19:57 pm
      Sorry bud edited you’re pos with my comments. Not great with technology. Please read.
      Harrisimo
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 4,001 posts | 599 
      Reply #40: Feb 01, 2020 01:26:38 pm

Nothing has been decided. Exporting and importing beef, lamb,pork, dairy products, horticulture, potato's and other food products, farm machinery etc etc. No deals have been concluded so you can't say at this stage that Brexit will be good for farmers or the fishing industry.
      Fan 86
      • Forum Emlyn Hughes

• 726 posts | 20 
      Reply #41: Feb 01, 2020 01:29:29 pm
      Nothing has been decided. Exporting and importing beef, lamb,pork, dairy products, horticulture, potato's and other food products, farm machinery etc etc. No deals have been concluded so you can't say at this stage that Brexit will be good for farmers or the fishing industry.

Surely having frictionless trade trade between the UK and the Island of Ireland dictates this. And that will happen regardless of an overall trade deal.
      Swab
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 12,476 posts | 2785 
      Reply #42: Feb 01, 2020 01:37:44 pm
      Surely having frictionless trade trade between the UK and the Island of Ireland dictates this. And that will happen regardless of an overall trade deal.

Unless there is regulatory alignment, there won't be any "frictionless trade".

And if there is regulatory alignment, what the f**k was the point of leaving?
      Fan 86
      • Forum Emlyn Hughes

• 726 posts | 20 
      Reply #43: Feb 01, 2020 01:48:05 pm
      It is definitely not in the EU’s interest to not have frictionless trade. I am very confident there will be a deal. And like I say we have the best standards to do with AGRICULTURE in the world. I really don’t see why people can’t be positive about this.
      Harrisimo
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 4,001 posts | 599 
      Reply #44: Feb 01, 2020 01:48:19 pm

This isn't the case. Goods from the UK 'mainland' to NI with the Republic as the intended destination will face border checks. For example the EU has strict rules regarding products of animal origin, meat,fish, poultry.

Northern Ireland will still be part of the " single regulatory zone". This means document and some physical checks will happen. The EU withdrawal agreement with regard to the Isle of Ireland is a mess. Nobody is happy with it, not Johnson, not the EU or the DUP.
      It will cause further problems if it is not sorted during the transition period.
      Fan 86
      • Forum Emlyn Hughes

• 726 posts | 20 
      Reply #45: Feb 01, 2020 01:54:15 pm
      YES!!!!. But in terms of Poultry which is my concern/occupation. There to be no tariffs applied. This should be greeted. Checks and such like is like bread and butter to us, and we just adjust and get on with it. As long as everything is above board absolutely nothing to worry about. And if that’s for Poultry it surely applies to all farming. No problem in my eyes.
      Swab
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 12,476 posts | 2785 
      Reply #46: Feb 01, 2020 01:57:16 pm
      I'm out.

It's exactly this type of muddied thinking that has us in this f**king mess.  :mad:
      Fan 86
      • Forum Emlyn Hughes

• 726 posts | 20 
      Reply #47: Feb 01, 2020 02:06:29 pm
      I'm out.

It's exactly this type of muddied thinking that has us in this f**king mess.  :mad:

Ha!. Mess!!!. Think positive dude. Next time you’re buying eggs at the supermarket and there £1 for half a dozen THINK??.. Are we really in a mess?.
      Swab
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 12,476 posts | 2785 
      Reply #48: Feb 01, 2020 02:10:32 pm
      Ha!. Mess!!!. Think positive dude. Next time you’re buying eggs at the supermarket and there £1 for half a dozen THINK??.. Are we really in a mess?.

Look fella, I don't want to seem rude or anything, but there's a lot more at stake than f**king eggs, and "being positive" won't change a f**king thing.
      Lallana in Pyjamas
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 1,372 posts | 614 
      Reply #49: Feb 01, 2020 02:15:51 pm
      YES!!!!. But in terms of Poultry which is my concern/occupation. There to be no tariffs applied. This should be greeted. Checks and such like is like bread and butter to us, and we just adjust and get on with it. As long as everything is above board absolutely nothing to worry about. And if that’s for Poultry it surely applies to all farming. No problem in my eyes.

You don’t know if there will be no tariffs yet  :mad:

Quick Reply