Trending Topics

Next match: Leeds v LFC [Premier League] Mon 19th Apr @ 8:00 pm
      Elland Road

Today is the 16th of April and on this date LFC's match record is P30 W15 D7 L8

The Post Brexit Unicorn Thread.

Read 10414 times
      RedPuppy
      • WASH YOUR HANDS
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • Started Topic
      • 18,276 posts | 2360 
      • Parum Rutilus Canis: Illegitimi non carborundum
      Re: The Post Brexit Unicorn Thread.
      Reply #400: Mar 03, 2021 01:32:11 pm
      Not sure they have, but don’t play the emotional card, government announced financial support for them and it’s not only Brexit its covid. People lose their jobs all the time, I’ve been redundant four times in my lifetime, no one supported me back then. It’s called life and sometimes it’s sh*t.  Keep digging out the stories, you have some catching up to do, I think you got to about day 24?
      Problem is that it’s not news anymore.

but don’t play the emotional card: F**k you! I don't play the emotional card Jesus H. Christ, these are peoples lives that have been ruined.

it’s not only Brexit its covid: it is it's, not its. The fishing industry was sustainable for the whole of 2020, except for the last hour of 31st December, no issue with import/export, Covid did not impact, as soon as we left the EU, we became a 3rd party Country, then the issues started.

I’ve been redundant four times in my lifetime: Not sure that there was a advisory referendum on leaving the biggest economic block next door to the UK or even 4 advisory referendums for that matter, that would have made you redundant. So you feel, as I've been made redundant, then so what if someone else is?

Problem is that it’s not news anymore: It's news every day if you want it, import duties, export duties, Irish sea boarder issues, changing trade routes from mainland Europe to Ireland, they are happening every day, or having consequences everyday. Because I or others do not post it, it does not mean it is not happening.
      RedPuppy
      • WASH YOUR HANDS
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • Started Topic
      • 18,276 posts | 2360 
      Reply #401: Mar 03, 2021 04:41:55 pm
      It’s always terrible if anyone loses their job. How many fishing companies have closed or how many jobs in the fishing industry have been lost through Brexit so far? Serious question.

I don't believe it's a serious question at all, you know it, and I know it.

As you will know, there are no figures out yet, but if you have the internet, you can search for yourself, as you know the official figures lag a few months after the event. All indications are showing that things will get worse.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rmna-YQoB34&feature=youtu.be

RedPuppy
      • WASH YOUR HANDS
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • Started Topic
      • 18,276 posts | 2360 
      Reply #402: Mar 06, 2021 10:54:53 am
      What do you mean by “there are no figures out yet “? I would have thought if a business had gone or individuals had lost their jobs the guardian or independent would have been all over it?
      You stated that livelihoods have been ruined, I’m trying to find out if what you say is true, I can’t find anything, seems a reasonable request.

What I mean, when I say there are no figures out yet, is that there are no figures out yet. Capiche

I have contacted for you, a member of Her Majesty's Government and I quote "Those stats are hard to find, the government has not published any recently but anecdotally we know of lots of businesses that are shedding jobs and closing."
      RedPuppy
      • WASH YOUR HANDS
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • Started Topic
      • 18,276 posts | 2360 
      Reply #403: Mar 06, 2021 11:07:33 am
      Fishing firms could go bust over Brexit, MPs told. https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-politics-56259855

Good news that the US has dropped the 25% tariffs on scotch whisky, tariffs will also be lifted on UK cheese, cashmere and machinery, temporary measure for four months while a more permanent solution is sorted.

https://www.theguardian.com/business/2021/mar/04/us-to-drop-retaliatory-tariffs-on-uk-exports-including-whisky-brexit-boeing-airbus
      Whisky a go go: US suspends tariffs on UK exports including scotch
      The White House has agreed to suspend retaliatory US tariffs on UK exports including scotch whisky, raising hopes of improved relations as talks continue about a post-Brexit transatlantic trade deal......
      .....But the Department for International Trade (DIT) said on Thursday the Biden administration had suspended the tariff. The move followed the UK scrapping punitive measures against Boeing in January. https://www.theguardian.com/business/2020/dec/09/uk-drops-eu-tariffs-on-boeing-as-it-seeks-post-brexit-trade-deal-with-us-joe-biden

The rapprochement, which was first reported by the Spectator, will also result in tariffs being lifted on a range of goods, including £11m of cashmere, £38m of pork products and £45m of cheese, the DIT said.

Wow! Doesn't seem that great now that the UK droped Tarriffs 1st on Boeing, we get £93m, but The UK’s move puts it at odds with the EU, which imposed retaliatory tariffs on US imports worth $4bn (£3bn) after the World Trade Organization (WTO) ruled that the US had given illegal state aid to Boeing, its aerospace champion.
      HUYTON RED
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 32,314 posts | 5173 
      Reply #404: Mar 24, 2021 03:07:18 pm
      JD
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 37,073 posts | 5396 
      Reply #405: Mar 24, 2021 04:28:04 pm
      One of my lads was due a passport renewal. 

If people voted for these shitty black passports then they're going to be really disappointed when it lands on their doormat.  Absolute tat in comparison to the old red ones.
      HUYTON RED
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 32,314 posts | 5173 
      Reply #406: Mar 24, 2021 11:25:38 pm
      srslfc
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 27,575 posts | 2789 
      Reply #407: Mar 25, 2021 08:01:09 am

Not long until you'll be like us over here with a flag on every other lamppost mate.  :D
      Swab
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 13,080 posts | 3224 
      Reply #408: Mar 25, 2021 05:36:59 pm
      Fucks sake.

Flag fuckers everywhere.
      HUYTON RED
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 32,314 posts | 5173 
      Reply #409: Mar 25, 2021 05:53:38 pm
      Every country I visit have their flag flying so I honestly can’t see the problem.

That tweet from Dowden is the problem. I want nothing to do with cu*ts like him and what exactly "binds" us? That gobs***e's head would fall off if we ever got back to a cup final at Wembley!!
      HUYTON RED
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 32,314 posts | 5173 
      Reply #410: Mar 28, 2021 12:13:46 am

Quick Reply