Trending Topics

Next match: LFC v Spurs [Premier League] Sun 5th May @ 4:30 pm
      Anfield

Today is the 1st of May and on this date LFC's match record is P32 W19 D5 L8

LFC Reds Poll

Q. LFC Man of the Match v Shrewsbury?

Caoimhin Kelleher
      0 (0%)
      Neco Williams
      45 (53.6%)
      Ki-Jana Hoever
      0 (0%)
      Sepp  van den Berg
      2 (2.4%)
      Adam Lewis
      0 (0%)
      Pedro Chirivella
      2 (2.4%)
      Leighton Clarkson
      0 (0%)
      Jake Cain
      0 (0%)
      Harvey Elliott
      6 (7.1%)
      Curtis Jones
      28 (33.3%)
      Liam Millar
      0 (0%)
      Morgan Boyes
      0 (0%)
      Elijah Dixon-Bonner
      0 (0%)
      Joe Hardy
      1 (1.2%)

Total Members Voted: 83

Voting closed: Feb 08, 2020 09:56:13 pm

Liverpool 1-0 Shrewsbury: In game and Post Match discussion

Read 28142 times
      7-King Kenny-7
      • Lives on Sesame Street
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 44,014 posts | 5760 
      • You'll Never Walk Alone!
      Re: Liverpool 1-0 Shrewsbury: In game and Post Match discussion
      Reply #299: Feb 04, 2020 10:33:16 pm
      What a blert their manager is, moaning about the offside goal ruled out.
      Saying if there was no VAR in the first game there shouldn’t in the replay.

Well you idiot, it’s a good job there wasn’t VAR in the first game or you would have had a free kick, not a penalty! Either way, the penalty shouldn’t have stood and nor should the goal.

Saying they couldn’t get going due to the number of games they’ve played and then wouldn’t give credit to the youngsters, saying they aren’t real academy players, trying to make out it was our first team.

Embarrassed by a bunch of kids.

Bitter, bitter, bitter.
      waltonl4
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 37,586 posts | 7140 
      Reply #300: Feb 04, 2020 10:34:11 pm
      Neil Critchley interview he must be buzzing. Now he goes back to one man and his Dog on Sunday.
      You could see Liverpool team stamped all over these lads tonight its difficult to really understand how well they have done to a physical lower league team. Neil as expected very humble and sharing the victory with all the staff ….this club is in good hands
      Robby The Z
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 9,034 posts | 2690 
      Reply #301: Feb 04, 2020 10:34:54 pm
      Critchley: "About five of our team are still eligible for the Under 18 team, but they didn't play like kids tonight. They played like men I thought."
      waltonl4
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 37,586 posts | 7140 
      Reply #302: Feb 04, 2020 10:35:49 pm

it sends a shiver down the spine mate and yet other clubs managers complain about empty seats and poor atmosphere in their grounds....this club is different and this club is special
      Scottbot
      • Forum Legend - Dalglish

• 9,616 posts | 2159 
      Reply #303: Feb 04, 2020 10:36:19 pm

Well you idiot, it’s a good job there wasn’t VAR in the first game or you would have had a free kick, not a penalty!

Saying they couldn’t get going due to the number of games they’ve played and then wouldn’t give credit to the youngsters, saying they aren’t real academy players, trying to make out it was our first team.

Bitter, bitter, bitter.

I think they were probably a bit overconfident coming in. They gave a bunch of our first team fringe players and youngsters a vert good game first time out but in truth they couldn't lay a glove on a team of 18-20 year old lads. I think they are probably feeling as little bit embarrassed.
      heimdall
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 13,818 posts | 2724 
      Reply #304: Feb 04, 2020 10:36:22 pm

Well you idiot, it’s a good job there wasn’t VAR in the first game or you would have had a free kick, not a penalty!

Bitter, bitter, bitter.

F**k him, how embarassing for him to lose to a bunch of kids.
      waltonl4
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 37,586 posts | 7140 
      Reply #305: Feb 04, 2020 10:36:31 pm
      Oh and our run at Anfield continues
      Robby The Z
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 9,034 posts | 2690 
      Reply #306: Feb 04, 2020 10:37:27 pm
      Critchley says Milner trained with the team yesterday and was in the changing room before kickoff.
      waltonl4
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 37,586 posts | 7140 
      Reply #307: Feb 04, 2020 10:38:34 pm
      there was only one team playing football tonight and they were so good so disciplined it was a real pleasure to witness these lads show their quality
      racerx34
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 33,618 posts | 3849 
      • THE SALT IN THE SOUP
      Reply #308: Feb 04, 2020 10:39:02 pm
      I think they were probably a bit overconfident coming in. They gave a bunch of our first team fringe players and youngsters a vert good game first time out but in truth they couldn't lay a glove on a team of 18-20 year old lads. I think they are probably feeling as little bit embarrassed.

Got exposed as a bunch of yard dogs.
      Dragged down the youngsters every chance they got as they couldn't keep pace with the movement of LFC.
      waltonl4
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 37,586 posts | 7140 
      Reply #309: Feb 04, 2020 10:39:58 pm
      Critchley says Milner trained with the team yesterday and was in the changing room before kickoff.

he asked Critchley if he could come to the game it just shows how everyone in the club is respectful of each other I still have a mental picture of Jürgen relaxing with a glass of something and that laugh ringing out
      waltonl4
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 37,586 posts | 7140 
      Reply #310: Feb 04, 2020 10:40:50 pm
      Got exposed as a bunch of yard dogs.
      Dragged down the youngsters every chance they got as they couldn't keep pace with the movement of LFC.

Spot on we played football they tried to intimidate our young lads and failed
      Jimsouse67

• 9,491 posts | 1479 
      Reply #311: Feb 04, 2020 10:41:38 pm
      F**k him, how embarassing for him to lose to a bunch of kids.
      True,Doubt he’d be as embarrassed as Carlo though.
      Harrisimo

• 8,295 posts | 1403 
      Reply #312: Feb 04, 2020 10:41:55 pm

Well you idiot, it’s a good job there wasn’t VAR in the first game or you would have had a free kick, not a penalty! Either way, the penalty shouldn’t have stood and nor should the goal.

Bitter, bitter, bitter.

I was surprised by their lack of effort. It's expected that their skill level is not up to ours but you have to put the effort in...and they didn't even do that...and that is their manager Sam Rickets fault..very poor Sam..
      Robby The Z
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 9,034 posts | 2690 
      Reply #313: Feb 04, 2020 10:45:14 pm
      he asked Critchley if he could come to the game it just shows how everyone in the club is respectful of each other I still have a mental picture of Jürgen relaxing with a glass of something and that laugh ringing out

Critchley says Jürgen texted him after to say he was buzzing - sent a word of encouragement this afternoon as well. Happy Days.
      waltonl4
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 37,586 posts | 7140 
      Reply #314: Feb 04, 2020 10:46:15 pm
      I was surprised by their lack of effort. It's expected that their skill level is not up to ours but you have to put the effort in...and they didn't even do that...and that is their manager Sam Rickets fault..very poor Sam..

I doubt they have come across a team like our  though we were so slick in our movement and passing they looked so off the pace all they could do is foul us. Stick Mo and Sadio in tonight and it would have been 4 or 5 nil
      Robby The Z
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 9,034 posts | 2690 
      Reply #315: Feb 04, 2020 10:46:25 pm

What does that even mean "they aren't real academy players' Average age of the team was 19!
      waltonl4
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 37,586 posts | 7140 
      Reply #316: Feb 04, 2020 10:48:42 pm
      Critchley says Jürgen texted him after to say he was buzzing - sent a word of encouragement this afternoon as well. Happy Days.

How many times has Jürgen got it wrong ? He is an awesome football man but I think he knows people even more so when he decided tonight was for the lads he did so knowing they would make us proud. The pundits will be foaming at the mouth now so mcu for disrespecting the Cup we have just shown the spirit of the FA Cup
      Harrisimo

• 8,295 posts | 1403 
      Reply #317: Feb 04, 2020 10:50:28 pm

He's probably thinking..."WTF do I have to do to get knocked out of this fecking cup..I'm on holiday..the squad is on holiday...right that's it...put Jimmy Tarbuck in goal against Chelsea..."
      Scottbot

• 9,616 posts | 2159 
      Reply #318: Feb 04, 2020 10:50:29 pm

Class act, i'll bet was desperate to play an all!
      waltonl4
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 37,586 posts | 7140 
      Reply #319: Feb 04, 2020 10:51:19 pm

your so right mate they didn't lay a glove on the lads because our quality shone through but lets not forget how influential that crowd was and is their another team in any league that would have turned out like they did tonight and create an atmosphere like that I am buzzing
      7-King Kenny-7
      • Lives on Sesame Street
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 44,014 posts | 5760 
      • You'll Never Walk Alone!
      Reply #320: Feb 04, 2020 10:51:53 pm
      What does that even mean "they aren't real academy players' Average age of the team was 19!

It was an answer to the interviewer saying about how the majority of the team are scholars, still yet to really get comfortably beyond the U18's
      waltonl4
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 37,586 posts | 7140 
      Reply #321: Feb 04, 2020 10:51:59 pm
      any chance of having the entire team as MOTM I cant pick just one

Quick Reply