Trending Topics

Next match: LFC v Brighton [Premier League] Sun 31st Mar @ 2:00 pm
      Anfield

Today is the 28th of March and on this date LFC's match record is P26 W11 D3 L12

LFC Reds Poll

Q. LFC Man of the Match v Shrewsbury?

Caoimhin Kelleher
      0 (0%)
      Neco Williams
      45 (53.6%)
      Ki-Jana Hoever
      0 (0%)
      Sepp  van den Berg
      2 (2.4%)
      Adam Lewis
      0 (0%)
      Pedro Chirivella
      2 (2.4%)
      Leighton Clarkson
      0 (0%)
      Jake Cain
      0 (0%)
      Harvey Elliott
      6 (7.1%)
      Curtis Jones
      28 (33.3%)
      Liam Millar
      0 (0%)
      Morgan Boyes
      0 (0%)
      Elijah Dixon-Bonner
      0 (0%)
      Joe Hardy
      1 (1.2%)

Total Members Voted: 83

Voting closed: Feb 08, 2020 09:56:13 pm

Liverpool 1-0 Shrewsbury: In game and Post Match discussion

Read 27460 times
      Swab
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 13,361 posts | 3462 
      Re: Liverpool 1-0 Shrewsbury: In game and Post Match discussion
      Reply #368: Feb 05, 2020 01:13:47 pm
      Had another watch earlier, and they barely laid a glove on us.

Our movement, passing was so slick, and we sliced through them quite a few times.

So of course, they thought roughing us up was the way to go, and there were more yellows that should have been given.

Did it faze the lads?
      Not one F***ing bit; if anything it seemed to motivate them even more.

I can't priase them enough for their performance, and the crowd as well were amazing.
      RedPuppy
      • Still European.
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 19,250 posts | 2854 
      • Parum Rutilus Canis: Illegitimi non carborundum
      Reply #369: Feb 05, 2020 01:29:22 pm
      Had another watch earlier, and they barely laid a glove on us.

Our movement, passing was so slick, and we sliced through them quite a few times.

So of course, they thought roughing us up was the way to go, and there were more yellows that should have been given.

Did it faze the lads?
      Not one F***ing bit; if anything it seemed to motivate them even more.

I can't priase them enough for their performance, and the crowd as well were amazing.

I felt the same with the live game, it was like they did not have a clue how to attack us, they were really poor, and I guess they felt they would easily win, they gave a good account in the 1st game, and must have been very confident, but they were really crap.

Excellent team performance, excellent crowd, good commercial planning in dropping the price.

Plus, Peter Moore spot on.

https://twitter.com/PeterMooreLFC/status/1224817522995879936?s=20
      heimdall
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 13,818 posts | 2724 
      Reply #370: Feb 05, 2020 01:30:55 pm
      https://youtu.be/bsDvq9hoSkQ

Highlights are up from BT on YouTube, I've just cast it to the tele.

argh that pass from Eliott at the end, how to F**k up a 5 on 1 ;D.  In all seriousness it was a really solid match from the youngsters, a well deserved win.
      Swab
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 13,361 posts | 3462 
      Reply #371: Feb 05, 2020 01:40:03 pm
      I felt the same with the live game, it was like they did not have a clue how to attack us, they were really poor, and I guess they felt they would easily win, they gave a good account in the 1st game, and must have been very confident, but they were really crap.

Excellent team performance, excellent crowd, good commercial planning in dropping the price.

Now imagine if Parry had been in charge.

Nightmare  :laugh:
      TameImpala
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 2,269 posts | 1216 
      • He's five foot seven, he's football heaven
      Reply #372: Feb 05, 2020 01:59:24 pm
      Now imagine if Parry had been in charge.

Nightmare  :laugh:

Or even worse - Ian Ayre.

Would have been about £50 a ticket :lmao:
      Swab
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 13,361 posts | 3462 
      Reply #373: Feb 05, 2020 02:10:57 pm
      Or even worse - Ian Ayre.

Would have been about £50 a ticket :lmao:

Aye, that F***ing debacle undermined a lot of the good work he did.

Massive miscalculation on his part, what the F**k was he thinking.
      Swab
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 13,361 posts | 3462 
      Reply #374: Feb 05, 2020 02:16:21 pm

Sorry, meant to reply to this in my previous post, but got distracted.

I really do think it was our movement and how quickly we passed the ball that flummoxed them.

I can't imagine they see that very often, if at all, in their league and they had no idea how to counter our shape either.
      That was when they started getting a bit too physical.
      I don't think they set out to play that way, or to hurt anyone; I think it was frustration that they were getting a bit of a schooling by a bunch of kids.
      This is yet another upside of these lads training with the seniors, and playing the same systems.
      It looked exactly like the movements, shape and passing lanes our seniors use.
      Keith Singleton
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 16,662 posts | 2656 
      • Sir Lewis Hamilton
      Reply #375: Feb 05, 2020 02:20:52 pm
      You Gona put your winnings on the reds to do the treble then Keith? ....you know it makes sense 😎.

$64,000 question is will Klopp stick with the kids? If he sticks with them impossible to do the treble. Surely he now has to think about bringing in the big boys (( or at least some )) given your getting closer to repeating what the great MAN UTD have done  ;D ;D ;D

Christ!! I'd never live it down if you copied us  :lmao: You fuckers are on fire and it's certainly possible. Least I won a couple of Bob backing you anyway.  ;D

Can't wait till see what Klopp decides against the Chavs.  :roll:
      clint_call01
      • King Live Match Starter
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • Started Topic
      • 11,659 posts | 3670 
      • Ynwa... lfc till I die !
      Reply #376: Feb 05, 2020 02:59:13 pm
      Robby The Z
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 9,034 posts | 2690 
      Reply #377: Feb 05, 2020 03:09:37 pm
      $64,000 question is will Klopp stick with the kids? If he sticks with them impossible to do the treble. Surely he now has to think about bringing in the big boys (( or at least some )) given your getting closer to repeating what the great MAN UTD have done  ;D ;D ;D

Christ!! I'd never live it down if you copied us  :lmao: You fuckers are on fire and it's certainly possible. Least I won a couple of Bob backing you anyway.  ;D

Can't wait till see what Klopp decides against the Chavs.  :roll:

It's a midweek game between two weekend fixtures. If Jürgen goes back to picking mostly the same XI after the break, I'm talking Alisson, Trent, Joe, Virgil, Robbo, Fab, Gini, Hendo, Mo, Bobby and Sadio (or Ox for one of the midfielders), and everybody else happens to be fit, he can pick an XI for the Cup match of:
      Adrian, Neco, Joel Matip, Dejan Lovren, Milner, Lallana, Keita, Ox or Fab, Shaq, Origi and Minamino. So really only the one kid and it would be hard to pass over these others minus the "team break" narrative.

But who knows what Jürgen will do. Everything he touches turns to gold.
      Robby The Z
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 9,034 posts | 2690 
      Reply #378: Feb 05, 2020 03:11:28 pm
      Sorry, meant to reply to this in my previous post, but got distracted.

I really do think it was our movement and how quickly we passed the ball that flummoxed them.

I can't imagine they see that very often, if at all, in their league and they had no idea how to counter our shape either.
      That was when they started getting a bit too physical.
      I don't think they set out to play that way, or to hurt anyone; I think it was frustration that they were getting a bit of a schooling by a bunch of kids.
      This is yet another upside of these lads training with the seniors, and playing the same systems.
      It looked exactly like the movements, shape and passing lanes our seniors use.

I see the full match is on the official site now, so I know what I'm doing tonight!

I keep reading from people who watched that Van den Berg and Hoever were good in central defence, Sepp much improved over the last time. Is that how you saw it?
      brezipool
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 9,447 posts | 1735 
      • Mon the Red Machine !
      Reply #379: Feb 05, 2020 03:30:17 pm
      It's a midweek game between two weekend fixtures. If Jürgen goes back to picking mostly the same XI after the break, I'm talking Alisson, Trent, Joe, Virgil, Robbo, Fab, Gini, Hendo, Mo, Bobby and Sadio (or Ox for one of the midfielders), and everybody else happens to be fit, he can pick an XI for the Cup match of:
      Adrian, Neco, Joel Matip, Dejan Lovren, Milner, Lallana, Keita, Ox or Fab, Shaq, Origi and Minamino. So really only the one kid and it would be hard to pass over these others minus the "team break" narrative.

But who knows what Jürgen will do. Everything he touches turns to gold.

I think he could play a few of the kids (esp. full backs) and have some more senior lads in reserve.

Can see more rotation of main squad when champions league is back.
      Swab
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 13,361 posts | 3462 
      Reply #380: Feb 05, 2020 03:45:03 pm
      I see the full match is on the official site now, so I know what I'm doing tonight!

I keep reading from people who watched that Van den Berg and Hoever were good in central defence, Sepp much improved over the last time. Is that how you saw it?

He certainly looked more settled and less nervy.
      They are both good passers, and look to have a bit about them.
      They got decent protection from midfield.
      They didn't have a lot to do, but when they had to deal with something they did it pretty well for the most part.

The real context is that they weren't put under a lot of pressure, and generally had plenty of time for their passing.

So, for me, it's not that he was better, as more in tune with his team mates.
      Boston not la
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 3,564 posts | 766 
      Reply #381: Feb 05, 2020 04:05:31 pm
      He certainly looked more settled and less nervy.
      They are both good passers, and look to have a bit about them.
      They got decent protection from midfield.
      They didn't have a lot to do, but when they had to deal with something they did it pretty well for the most part.

The real context is that they weren't put under a lot of pressure, and generally had plenty of time for their passing.

So, for me, it's not that he was better, as more in tune with his team mates.

Yep,this was the best i've seen of VDB.Shrewsbury defo helped them settle into the game by not getting into them early.
      CINERE KOPITES
      • Forum Patrik Berger

• 196 posts | 29 
      • CINEREDS est. 2017
      Reply #382: Feb 05, 2020 04:29:03 pm
      Just watched the full highlight of the match and feel astonishing to see the fighting spirit of the young Reds.
      Fantastic performance.
      I believe this just the beginning of wonderful era of the young Reds.
      Great support and fabulous atmosphere of 12th players which is our fans at Anfield !,
      Bring on Chelsea !!
      Robby The Z
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 9,034 posts | 2690 
      Reply #383: Feb 05, 2020 06:21:42 pm
      Just read from James Pearce that when the boys showed up at Melwood for training Monday, that's when they met Milner and also Sadio Mane, both on rehab. Not sure that Sadio trained with them that day, I think not.

Normally the first team stays at a hotel the before a home game, but the decision was made to let the boys sleep in their own beds. Everything else was done the way the first team normally operates on match day, including light training in the morning and then a team meeting and pre-game meal at the hotel, followed by the coach ride to Anfield.

Anyway, I thought these were all cool details to share.
      Swab
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 13,361 posts | 3462 
      Reply #384: Feb 05, 2020 06:25:57 pm
      Just read from James Pearce that when the boys showed up at Melwood for training Monday, that's when they met Milner and also Sadio Mane, both on rehab. Not sure that Sadio trained with them that day, I think not.

Normally the first team stays at a hotel the before a home game, but the decision was made to let the boys sleep in their own beds. Everything else was done the way the first team normally operates on match day, including light training in the morning and then a team meeting and pre-game meal at the hotel, followed by the coach ride to Anfield.

Anyway, I thought these were all cool details to share.

It's that attention to detail which is driving the club forwards.

I don't know if you know how it used to be, but players would just be sent to a hotel where a room was booked, and then left to themselves.
      Rafa landed in Liverpool, and there was no one there to meet him.
      He went to the club, no senior staff around, Parry off playing golf.

Now they have fixers who sort everything out, the welcome committee, accomodation, restaurants, house purchse or rental, and it's all those little details that help players play.
      lfc across the water
      • Needs a Klopp hug...Rafa's Number 1 fan...VAR has no faults Promoter
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 3,833 posts | 701 
      Reply #385: Feb 05, 2020 08:38:20 pm
      Quote from 7-King Kenny-7
      What a blert their manager is, moaning about the offside goal ruled out.
      Saying if there was no VAR in the first game there shouldn’t in the replay.

Well you idiot, it’s a good job there wasn’t VAR in the first game or you would have had a free kick, not a penalty! Either way, the penalty shouldn’t have stood and nor should the goal.

Saying they couldn’t get going due to the number of games they’ve played and then wouldn’t give credit to the youngsters, saying they aren’t real academy players, trying to make out it was our first team.

Embarrassed.

Bitter, bitter, bitter.

They never stopped moaning since the first game ended.

First, it was Klopp disrespecting the cup.
      Second, it wasn't the dream team they would be facing.
      Third, it wasn't the windfall they anticipated.
      Fourth, none of the broadcasters wanted to show the replay.
      Fifth, it was VAR that robbed them by making the right decision.

He and they should be embarrassed by the fact that our C Team destroyed them. They had 0 shots on target, and obviously 0 goals. The only way they could do anything in this tie, in either ground, was to con the ref. Well they might have got away without VAR in the first game, but not in our house they don't, and when it was needed, it did the job it's there for.

So they had their big night. We move onto the 5th Round for the first time in 5 years, long after they've packed up and gone home. Maybe they can use the amount they made off the tie, to help keep people off the pitch after draws in future. For us, we have bigger fish to fry.
      GERNS
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 12,208 posts | 1503 
      Reply #386: Feb 05, 2020 10:06:28 pm
      For all the moaning that shrews manager has done. Had we played the first 11, he may have got a few more dollars, but the way they played, they would have been on the end of a double figure hammering.
      Half his players would likely need padded cells, and the remainder suffering from such levels of mental anguish, probably never play again.
      Count your chickens you ungrateful fool.
      As it is, you’ll have an unenviable task trying to lift them after being given a lesson from a bunch of kids you thought were unworthy 😁
      AussieRed
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 20,583 posts | 6643 
      • You'll Never Walk Alone
      Reply #387: Feb 05, 2020 11:15:04 pm
      did you get up in the middle of the night to watch the kids?!

No mate, they didn't show it here...the cu*ts...ended up having to get a stream which I did but was in Arabic so turned the volume down and pumped up the commentary on LFCTV.
      Oh and it was 6.45am KO over here, so not bad at all...took a sickie...hahahahah as I was supposed to start at 8am.
      Robby The Z
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 9,034 posts | 2690 
      Reply #388: Feb 06, 2020 12:24:54 am
      No mate, they didn't show it here...the cu*ts...ended up having to get a stream which I did but was in Arabic so turned the volume down and pumped up the commentary on LFCTV.
      Oh and it was 6.45am KO over here, so not bad at all...took a sickie...hahahahah as I was supposed to start at 8am.

Yes, I was out of the office via creative explanation myself.  :D
      AussieRed
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 20,583 posts | 6643 
      • You'll Never Walk Alone
      Reply #389: Feb 06, 2020 12:33:51 am
      Yes, I was out of the office via creative explanation myself.  :D

I hear ya mate!
      Robby The Z
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 9,034 posts | 2690 
      Reply #390: Feb 06, 2020 03:17:21 am
      Finally got to watch the full match.

It was much scrappier than I realized. A dogfight, really.

That should have favored a much bigger Shrewsbury team, but the tremendous heart of our kids was really on display, and the midfield covered the back four very steadfastly. Great scenes at the end. Proud of these young players.

Quick Reply