Trending Topics

Next match: LFC v Brighton [Premier League] Sun 31st Mar @ 2:00 pm
      Anfield

Today is the 29th of March and on this date LFC's match record is P24 W11 D6 L7

Accomodation in Liverpool - Premier League Parade

Read 14543 times
      crouchinho
      • Forum Legend - Shankly
      • Started Topic

• 42,508 posts | 2620 
      • TU TA LOUCO? FILHO DA PUTA!
      Accomodation in Liverpool - Premier League Parade
      Feb 07, 2020 05:37:13 am
      Just had my room in the city cancelled and re-listed for $5,000 :'(

If anyone has any info for myself and AussieRed on best next move, surrounding areas to stay at, etc. etc. please let me know!
      higgy_sham
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 3,264 posts | 796 
      Re: Accomodation in Liverpool - Premier League Parade
      Reply #1: Feb 07, 2020 06:36:23 am

If anyone has any info for myself and AussieRed on best next move, surrounding areas to stay at, etc. etc. please let me know!

F***ing hell, that's madness. Money grabbing cu*ts.

Hope you both get sorted pal.
      TameImpala
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 2,269 posts | 1216 
      • He's five foot seven, he's football heaven
      Reply #2: Feb 07, 2020 09:11:32 am

Scum that mate, seen an article in the Echo the other day where a flat on my street had been listed for 26k for a night! Whether or not anybody is daft enough to pay is a different matter but they've got some cheek thinking they can even charge people that.

Might be worth looking at an AirBnB or something on the Wirral if the prices in town are going to be ridiculous, as long as you're closeish to a train station (which there are plenty of on the Wirral) you'll be able to get straight into Liverpool Central in about 10-20 minutes. Could possibly be a bit of a nightmare trying to get a cab on the way back but if you're out for the long haul the buses and trains will start again at about 6. Be plenty of bars open until then too!

Live in the City myself & use public transport very regularly so if you're unsure about anything or any logistics just give me a shout
      crouchinho
      • Forum Legend - Shankly
      • Started Topic

• 42,508 posts | 2620 
      Reply #3: Feb 07, 2020 10:38:15 am
      Scum that mate, seen an article in the Echo the other day where a flat on my street had been listed for 26k for a night! Whether or not anybody is daft enough to pay is a different matter but they've got some cheek thinking they can even charge people that.

Might be worth looking at an AirBnB or something on the Wirral if the prices in town are going to be ridiculous, as long as you're closeish to a train station (which there are plenty of on the Wirral) you'll be able to get straight into Liverpool Central in about 10-20 minutes. Could possibly be a bit of a nightmare trying to get a cab on the way back but if you're out for the long haul the buses and trains will start again at about 6. Be plenty of bars open until then too!

Live in the City myself & use public transport very regularly so if you're unsure about anything or any logistics just give me a shout

You’re a top fella. Thanks mate. There’s a spot for $46,000. Forty-six F***ing thousand. Our own were complaining about Kiev doing that and then some people pull this sh*t.

And glad you said that as i found a spot in Ellesmere Port at around the same rate as previous. Looked a good location to get in and out of the city - neither of us plan on an early night anyway :D
      TameImpala
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 2,269 posts | 1216 
      Reply #4: Feb 07, 2020 11:17:16 am
      You’re a top fella. Thanks mate. There’s a spot for $46,000. Forty-six f**king thousand. Our own were complaining about Kiev doing that and then some people pull this sh*t.

And glad you said that as i found a spot in Ellesmere Port at around the same rate as previous. Looked a good location to get in and out of the city - neither of us plan on an early night anyway :D

Yeah that's it, bad hypocrites. Being in Liverpool you'd presume a lot of them would be reds themselves. Heard loads of stories of lads who couldn't make it to Kiev / Madrid and sold their ticket off to the highest bidder instead of sorting their mates out. But they'll be the first to moan about touts

Should be sound in Ellesmere Port, about 25 minutes on the train into Central
      shabbadoo
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 29,420 posts | 4581 
      Reply #5: Feb 07, 2020 11:25:57 am
      Glad your sorted Crouchie...👍🏼

Just checked on booking.com ...depends how much you want to pay & duration but a night will cost average £900 2 adults..

« Last Edit: Feb 07, 2020 11:31:31 am by Shabs »
      stuey
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 35,963 posts | 3944 
      Reply #6: Feb 07, 2020 11:26:32 am
      You’re a top fella. Thanks mate. There’s a spot for $46,000. Forty-six F***ing thousand. Our own were complaining about Kiev doing that and then some people pull this sh*t.

Ellesmere Port?
      Jesus yuz are out in the wilds there to say nothing of the wrong side of the river, why not Google B&B's in say Aigburth, Dingle or any suburbs near town, excellent rail travel and if you get stuck in town won't cost the earth to get a cab back.
      Mossley Hill is a good base, 10 mins from town and loads of bars, bistros on Smithdown Road..
      Sure you and Ian will have a boss time.
      crouchinho
      • Forum Legend - Shankly
      • Started Topic

• 42,508 posts | 2620 
      Reply #7: Feb 07, 2020 11:30:40 am
      Glad your sorted Crouchie...👍🏼

What’s the parade date anyway 🥴

Which one?! I’m planning for there to be two! :D

Ellesmere Port?
      Jesus yuz are out in the wilds there to say nothing of the wrong side of the river, why not Google B&B's in say Aigburth, Dingle or any suburbs near town, excellent rail travel and if you get stuck in town won't cost the earth to get a cab back.
      Mossley Hill is a good base, 10 mins from town and loads of bars, bistros on Smithdown Road..

Legend, mate. Will have a gander at those areas, too.

Yeah that's it, bad hypocrites. Being in Liverpool you'd presume a lot of them would be reds themselves. Heard loads of stories of lads who couldn't make it to Kiev / Madrid and sold their ticket off to the highest bidder instead of sorting their mates out. But they'll be the first to moan about touts

Should be sound in Ellesmere Port, about 25 minutes on the train into Central

Exactly mate. And thanks again!

Appreciate all the info guys. 
      TameImpala
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 2,269 posts | 1216 
      Reply #9: Feb 07, 2020 11:45:40 am
      Ellesmere Port?

Yep anywhere on South Liverpool would be a good shout (although I reckon they'll be near enough fully booked / charging an arm and a leg for what's left)

The 86A bus passes through most of the south end of the city and runs 24hrs, so if you do manage to get somewhere booked around that area you won't have the stress of trying to source a taxi back on the night
      Klopps Snood
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 1,632 posts | 1558 
      • CHAMPI9NS
      Reply #10: Feb 07, 2020 01:01:37 pm
      Ellesmere Port?

My Mum used to work in Smithdown Rd post office  ;D

Good luck Crouchie and Aussie with sorting out accommodation, see you for the parade  :scarf: :scarf: :scarf:
      waltonl4
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 37,585 posts | 7139 
      Reply #11: Feb 07, 2020 02:48:17 pm

try West Kirby on the Wirral its only about 20 mins or so on the Train right into Liverpool City Centre.
      Or New Brighton and you can get the Ferry over and walk along the famous see front.
      7-King Kenny-7
      • Lives on Sesame Street
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 44,014 posts | 5760 
      • You'll Never Walk Alone!
      Reply #12: Feb 07, 2020 06:37:37 pm
      Just a thought. Providing the unthinkable doesn’t happen, and we do secure the league title, if we were to navigate our way to a 3rd consecutive Champions League final, then would the club postpone the parade of the Premier League trophy on the chance of potentially being able to do it with the Champions League trophy too? Or would they do 2 parades in under 2 weeks if we were to win both?

Obviously some people need to get on and sort accommodation but maybe worth considering sorting it for a couple of dates. Then if that does happen, at least you’d have potentially gotten accommodation for a better price. Can always cancel the one not needed.

The finalists will be confirmed on the 6th of May.
      crouchinho
      • Forum Legend - Shankly
      • Started Topic

• 42,508 posts | 2620 
      Reply #13: Feb 07, 2020 11:40:09 pm
      Just a thought. Providing the unthinkable doesn’t happen, and we do secure the league title, if we were to navigate our way to a 3rd consecutive Champions League final, then would the club postpone the parade of the Premier League trophy on the chance of potentially being able to do it with the Champions League trophy too? Or would they do 2 parades in under 2 weeks if we were to win both?

Obviously some people need to get on and sort accommodation but maybe worth considering sorting it for a couple of dates. Then if that does happen, at least you’d have potentially gotten accommodation for a better price. Can always cancel the one not needed.

The finalists will be confirmed on the 6th of May.

I read that the Premier League parade is definitely going ahead on the 18th.

But just in case... I'll be heading to Croatia in that little break between the PL and UCL Final, then going direct to Istanbul for the final. Hopping on a flight the first thing back the morning after that to Manchester and in Liverpool in time for the parade.
      AussieRed
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 20,583 posts | 6643 
      • You'll Never Walk Alone
      Reply #14: Feb 08, 2020 04:14:39 am
      Buzzing. Booked my plane tickets today. Flying into Manchester on the 15th night. Train it to Newcastle, stay there 3 nights, hopefully by some miracle, me and Crouchie get Newcastle tickets for the game on the 17th, then next morning the 18th, catch the train to Liverpool. Staying in Liverpool to the 25th and then flying home 9.30am in the morning.

Buzzing can't wait....just have to do the train tickets, accommodation and match tickets and will be sorted. Wish us luck and thanks for everyone's help so far.

On ya Crouchie!
      TameImpala
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 2,269 posts | 1216 
      Reply #15: Feb 08, 2020 11:16:51 am
      Buzzing. Booked my plane tickets today. Flying into Manchester on the 15th night. Train it to Newcastle, stay there 3 nights, hopefully by some miracle, me and Crouchie get Newcastle tickets for the game on the 17th, then next morning the 18th, catch the train to Liverpool. Staying in Liverpool to the 25th and then flying home 9.30am in the morning.

Buzzing can't wait....just have to do the train tickets, accommodation and match tickets and will be sorted. Wish us luck and thanks for everyone's help so far.

On ya Crouchie!

Worth a go even in one of the home ends if you don't get lucky in our end. Not sure on the ticket situation there but it could end up on General Sale. In is in after all - just keep ya eyes on their website!
      AussieRed
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 20,583 posts | 6643 
      Reply #16: Feb 08, 2020 11:38:41 am
      Worth a go even in one of the home ends if you don't get lucky in our end. Not sure on the ticket situation there but it could end up on General Sale. In is in after all - just keep ya eyes on their website!

Thanks Bud, all over it.
      waltonl4
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 37,585 posts | 7139 
      Reply #17: Feb 08, 2020 02:48:27 pm
      Premier Inns still have availability in Liverpool and Birkenhead 6 night for about £450...
      crouchinho
      • Forum Legend - Shankly
      • Started Topic

• 42,508 posts | 2620 
      Reply #18: Feb 10, 2020 03:56:27 am
      I've found a BnB in Hoylake right next to the train station for £150 from the Saturday to the Tuesday. That'll do. Not as ideal as having an apartment on Strand but who cares really, just a place to rest the head.

Thanks for the heads up and advice, lads.

That's the plan.
      waltonl4
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 37,585 posts | 7139 
      Reply #19: Feb 10, 2020 09:48:24 am
      I've found a BnB in Hoylake right next to the train station for £150 from the Saturday to the Tuesday. That'll do. Not as ideal as having an apartment on Strand but who cares really, just a place to rest the head.

That's the plan.

some nice pubs and restaurants around and plenty of Reds too as well as so many ex players live locally.
      AussieRed
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 20,583 posts | 6643 
      Reply #20: Feb 10, 2020 10:07:40 pm

That's the plan.

I found a place called The Tune Hotel Liverpool  13-19 Queens Building, Castle Street

Booked it from the 19th-25 May and will be by myself in the City as Crouchie has to leave the 19th morning. Hope everyone is up for a drinking session or 5!!!
      JD
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 39,529 posts | 6887 
      Reply #21: Feb 11, 2020 10:57:14 am
      Booked it from the 19th-25 May and will be by myself in the City as Crouchie has to leave the 19th morning. Hope everyone is up for a drinking session or 5!!!

If that's when the parade and shenanigans are then I shall see you there!

Our own were complaining about Kiev doing that and then some people pull this sh*t.

To be fair.  Not everyone in Liverpool supports Liverpool!  Having said that, these clowns have just read something in the Echo and decided to chance their arm. 

I don't genuinely believe any human is paying these ridiculous sums of money!  You'd just jump on a train and stay 30 minutes away, or bring a tent!
      crouchinho
      • Forum Legend - Shankly
      • Started Topic

• 42,508 posts | 2620 
      Reply #22: Feb 12, 2020 10:26:32 pm
      To be fair.  Not everyone in Liverpool supports Liverpool!  Having said that, these clowns have just read something in the Echo and decided to chance their arm. 

I don't genuinely believe any human is paying these ridiculous sums of money!  You'd just jump on a train and stay 30 minutes away, or bring a tent!

Speaking of...there's one campsite in town going for 100 pounds for three nights :D

I found a place called The Tune Hotel Liverpool  13-19 Queens Building, Castle Street

The hangover on the 19th is going to be something else.

Quick Reply