Trending Topics

Next match: LFC v Brighton [Premier League] Sun 31st Mar @ 2:00 pm
      Anfield

Today is the 29th of March and on this date LFC's match record is P24 W11 D6 L7

Accomodation in Liverpool - Premier League Parade

Read 14546 times
      AussieRed
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 20,583 posts | 6643 
      • You'll Never Walk Alone
      Re: Accomodation in Liverpool - Premier League Parade
      Reply #23: Feb 13, 2020 09:52:40 pm
      Speaking of...there's one campsite in town going for 100 pounds for three nights :D

The hangover on the 19th is going to be something else.

Can't F***ing wait!!! Good Luck getting your plane out bud!!
      AussieRed
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 20,583 posts | 6643 
      Reply #24: Feb 13, 2020 09:53:52 pm
      If that's when the parade and shenanigans are then I shall see you there!

Hearing it's on the 18th mate, so will be there, arriving from Newcastle 18th morning, then chilling in Liverpool for a week after.

what-a-hit-son
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 16,466 posts | 4816 
      • t: @MrPrice1979 i: @klmprice101518
      Reply #25: Feb 18, 2020 12:40:55 pm
      I've found a BnB in Hoylake right next to the train station for £150 from the Saturday to the Tuesday.

Not far from me on Saughall Massie, mate. If you're about on the Monday when the madness has settled a bit we'll do something.
      crouchinho
      • Forum Legend - Shankly
      • Started Topic

• 42,508 posts | 2620 
      • TU TA LOUCO? FILHO DA PUTA!
      Reply #26: Feb 18, 2020 11:49:10 pm

Sticking around until the Wednesday at least, so absolutely!
      AussieRed
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 20,583 posts | 6643 
      Reply #27: Mar 01, 2020 06:26:35 am
      Ok so starting to plan stuff now and you guys know me, I'm F***ing hopeless when it comes to this sh*t. Wish you were with me Crocuhie!!!

So I arrive Manchester airport 15/5/2020 at approx 7:15 pm....then need to make my way (thinking by train) to Ibis budget Manchester Centre, Pollard Street. (approx 4 pounds)

Depart the next morning 16/5/20 to Newcastle Central railway station by train FROM Manchester Piccadilly Station. (approx 76 Pounds)

Arrive Newcastle, same date, some 2.5 hours later, then a 4 minute walk to Sleeperz Hotel AT 15 Westgate St, Newcastle

DUMP BAGS IN ROOM AND BOLT TO THE GROUND TO SEE IF I CAN SCORE ANY SORT OF TICKETS FOR ME AND CROUCHIE

Depart Newcastle 18th May approx 9am, the earlier the better.

Arrive Liverpool around Midday 18/5/20 ( now I don't know what station to go to, if my Hotel is The Tune Hotel at 13-19 Queens Building, Liverpool L2 ( HELP OR SUGGESTIONS APPRECIATED PLEASE)   Approx 85 Pounds.

In Liverpool till the 25th, flight home out of Manchester is at 9.50am so guessing will have to be there at least 3 hours early so if I book a train out of a (suggested Liverpool train station, any help again pls), will probably need to leave Hotel for 6.15 am train, getting into Manc Airport at 7.32am ...2 hours b4 flight. Will already be checked in beforehand, just need to put a suitcase through. Would that give me enough time for a 9.50am Departure? Approx 15-16 pounds is the cost.

Does this all sound right or have I fu**ed up my whole planning? Was just doing it on Google maps and trying to figure out best train stations closest to my hotels that I have booked.

Thinking of doing all this by a link one of you guys, think it was Stuey, for the National rail UK.

http://nationalrail.co.uk.

Would this be the best and cheapest site to book all the Train trips I have planned? Do i have to be a UK Citizen to book these train rides? Do u suggest pre booking from Australia or just go over there and do it on the spot, at the time?

Thanks in advance to anyone that can help, a most likely, lost Aussie, out!!!

Cheers

Roddenberry
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 16,568 posts | 1876 
      Reply #28: Mar 01, 2020 09:19:13 am
      Ok so starting to plan stuff now and you guys know me, I'm F***ing hopeless when it comes to this sh*t. Wish you were with me Crocuhie!!!

So I arrive Manchester airport 15/5/2020 at approx 7:15 pm....then need to make my way (thinking by train) to Ibis budget Manchester Centre, Pollard Street. (approx 4 pounds)

Depart the next morning 16/5/20 to Newcastle Central railway station by train FROM Manchester Piccadilly Station. (approx 76 Pounds)

Arrive Newcastle, same date, some 2.5 hours later, then a 4 minute walk to Sleeperz Hotel AT 15 Westgate St, Newcastle

DUMP BAGS IN ROOM AND BOLT TO THE GROUND TO SEE IF I CAN SCORE ANY SORT OF TICKETS FOR ME AND CROUCHIE

Arrive Liverpool around Midday 18/5/20 ( now I don't know what station to go to, if my Hotel is The Tune Hotel at 13-19 Queens Building, Liverpool L2 ( HELP OR SUGGESTIONS APPRECIATED PLEASE)   Approx 85 Pounds.

In Liverpool till the 25th, flight home out of Manchester is at 9.50am so guessing will have to be there at least 3 hours early so if I book a train out of a (suggested Liverpool train station, any help again pls), will probably need to leave Hotel for 6.15 am train, getting into Manc Airport at 7.32am ...2 hours b4 flight. Will already be checked in beforehand, just need to put a suitcase through. Would that give me enough time for a 9.50am Departure? Approx 15-16 pounds is the cost.

Does this all sound right or have I fu**ed up my whole planning? Was just doing it on Google maps and trying to figure out best train stations closest to my hotels that I have booked.

Thinking of doing all this by a link one of you guys, think it was Stuey, for the National rail UK.

Would this be the best and cheapest site to book all the Train trips I have planned? Do i have to be a UK Citizen to book these train rides? Do u suggest pre booking from Australia or just go over there and do it on the spot, at the time?

Cheers

Maybe a little cheaper to do Manchester to Newcastle as a return, about £82, and possibly do Manchester Piccadilly to Liverpool as a return as well, but singles could well be cheaper, especially taking into account your travelling to the airport at the end leg.

National Rail site will probably redirect you to another site to book tickets

Should be able to arrange pick up of your tickets from Manchester Piccadilly self service machines, except of course the Airport to Picadilly leg.

Going to need to wait a few days to book though,  as tickets only available up to 23rd May at the moment.

If you were/are willing to go a little slower and if the times work for you, Manchester-Newcastle then Newcastle-Liverpool would be about £12-13 via Megabus.
      TameImpala
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 2,269 posts | 1216 
      • He's five foot seven, he's football heaven
      Reply #29: Mar 01, 2020 11:10:26 am
      Ok so starting to plan stuff now and you guys know me, I'm f**king hopeless when it comes to this sh*t. Wish you were with me Crocuhie!!!

Cheers

Funnily enough planned on staying at that Ibis in Pollard St a few months back when me & my girlfriend got a late flight back to Manchester and had no way of getting back to Liverpool until the next day. Luckily the flight was delayed so we managed to jump a train back in the end, but from what I remember it's just by Piccadilly Gardens so a train from Manchester Airport to Manchester Piccadilly will get you there no problem

In terms of stations for your hotel in Liverpool any station in the City Centre will be sound - If your hotel is on Castle St I think the closest will be Moorfields Station but if your train let's you out at Lime St, James St or Central Station you'll be fine as they're all in the city centre and are all only about a 10 minute walk from where you're staying. Really nice area Castle St, bit pricey but there's some good bars & restaurants around there.

For getting to Liverpool from Newcastle Transpennine express (a train company who operates that route) had a £1 sale on last week but I think you may have just missed out! As Roddenberry said if you don't mind an extra hour or two travelling you can get a Megabus & save yourself a few quid. National Express are another coach company who are really good - Coaches are comfy with plenty of legroom etc (I've done 6/7 hour journeys in the past to Glastonbury & London on them no problem) so they're worth checking out - could probably do Newcastle to Liverpool for less than £10

EDIT: Just checked - Manchester to Newcastle is £5 on National Express (4hr Journey - Leave 8AM arrive 12PM) & Newcastle to Liverpool is £11 (5hr 50m journey 6.40AM - 12.30AM)

So £150+ savings for the beer bank if you don't mind a couple hours extra travelling!

Also - National Express coaches drop you off at Liverpool One Bus Station - about 5 minutes from Castle St where you'll be staying
      « Last Edit: Mar 01, 2020 11:29:12 am by TameImpala »
      AussieRed
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 20,583 posts | 6643 
      Reply #30: Mar 02, 2020 03:46:55 am
      Maybe a little cheaper to do Manchester to Newcastle as a return, about £82, and possibly do Manchester Piccadilly to Liverpool as a return as well, but singles could well be cheaper, especially taking into account your travelling to the airport at the end leg.

National Rail site will probably redirect you to another site to book tickets

Should be able to arrange pick up of your tickets from Manchester Piccadilly self service machines, except of course the Airport to Picadilly leg.

Going to need to wait a few days to book though,  as tickets only available up to 23rd May at the moment.

If you were/are willing to go a little slower and if the times work for you, Manchester-Newcastle then Newcastle-Liverpool would be about £12-13 via Megabus.

Funnily enough planned on staying at that Ibis in Pollard St a few months back when me & my girlfriend got a late flight back to Manchester and had no way of getting back to Liverpool until the next day. Luckily the flight was delayed so we managed to jump a train back in the end, but from what I remember it's just by Piccadilly Gardens so a train from Manchester Airport to Manchester Piccadilly will get you there no problem

In terms of stations for your hotel in Liverpool any station in the City Centre will be sound - If your hotel is on Castle St I think the closest will be Moorfields Station but if your train let's you out at Lime St, James St or Central Station you'll be fine as they're all in the city centre and are all only about a 10 minute walk from where you're staying. Really nice area Castle St, bit pricey but there's some good bars & restaurants around there.

For getting to Liverpool from Newcastle Transpennine express (a train company who operates that route) had a £1 sale on last week but I think you may have just missed out! As Roddenberry said if you don't mind an extra hour or two travelling you can get a Megabus & save yourself a few quid. National Express are another coach company who are really good - Coaches are comfy with plenty of legroom etc (I've done 6/7 hour journeys in the past to Glastonbury & London on them no problem) so they're worth checking out - could probably do Newcastle to Liverpool for less than £10

EDIT: Just checked - Manchester to Newcastle is £5 on National Express (4hr Journey - Leave 8AM arrive 12PM) & Newcastle to Liverpool is £11 (5hr 50m journey 6.40AM - 12.30AM)

So £150+ savings for the beer bank if you don't mind a couple hours extra travelling!

Also - National Express coaches drop you off at Liverpool One Bus Station - about 5 minutes from Castle St where you'll be staying

Thanks so much lads, I knew it was worth putting what I was doing on here...don'd mind the extra time travelled, saves me more for booze and .... when I get to Liverpool. Buzzing lads, thanks again...gonna look right into it. Cheers.
      what-a-hit-son
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 16,466 posts | 4816 
      Reply #31: Mar 02, 2020 05:55:52 am
      Thanks so much lads, I knew it was worth putting what I was doing on here...don'd mind the extra time travelled, saves me more for booze and .... when I get to Liverpool. Buzzing lads, thanks again...gonna look right into it. Cheers.

Moorfields or James St in Liverpool for there mate. You're staying about 1 minute walk from my work so I'm well up for leaving my car at home and finishing early on that Monday 😉 think I DM'd my mobile Oz 🍺
      what-a-hit-son
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 16,466 posts | 4816 
      Reply #32: Mar 02, 2020 06:04:12 am
      Actually Oz, you will have to change when you get to Lime St from Newcastle you wil have to change to get to a station thats not far on foot so maybe walk it from Lime St. I'll be around if you want me to meet you out of the station, get you to the hotel and then to a decent boozer.
      AussieRed
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 20,583 posts | 6643 
      Reply #33: Mar 02, 2020 06:14:06 am
      Actually Oz, you will have to change when you get to Lime St from Newcastle you wil have to change to get to a station thats not far on foot so maybe walk it from Lime St. I'll be around if you want me to meet you out of the station, get you to the hotel and then to a decent boozer.

Love it, thanks Bud.....will sort this out and get back to you, Cheers Bud!
      JD
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 39,529 posts | 6887 
      Reply #34: Mar 05, 2020 11:26:56 am

Mad prices there mate.  Think it's about 15 quid Newcastle to Carlisle (single) and about 15 quid Carlisle to Liverpool if you book in advance!  Probably not much difference in time either.
      AussieRed
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 20,583 posts | 6643 
      Reply #35: Mar 08, 2020 10:36:18 pm
      Mad prices there mate.  Think it's about 15 quid Newcastle to Carlisle (single) and about 15 quid Carlisle to Liverpool if you book in advance!  Probably not much difference in time either.

Cheers mate, where is Carlisle?
      redman2907
      • Forum Matt Busby

• 125 posts | 13 
      Reply #36: Mar 09, 2020 05:01:22 pm
      I don't think the parade will happen there is no way they will allow 1 million people to gather from all over the world if this virus continues
      AussieRed
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 20,583 posts | 6643 
      Reply #37: Mar 09, 2020 08:25:50 pm
      I don't think the parade will happen there is no way they will allow 1 million people to gather from all over the world if this virus continues

They F***ing better! It's a long way from Australia to come.

If they don't, I'm just gonna take pictures in front of random Red buses in the City!!!!  :lmao: :lmao: :lmao:
      Kopite78
      Reply #38: Mar 09, 2020 09:42:07 pm

Straight up from liverpool on the same coast, so almost in a direct line from newcastle east to west then down to Liverpool
      Essentially a couple of hours north of Liverpool
      Keith Singleton
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 16,662 posts | 2656 
      • Sir Lewis Hamilton
      Reply #39: Mar 09, 2020 10:18:41 pm

[/quote]

Ok so starting to plan stuff now and you guys know me, I'm f**king hopeless when it comes to this sh*t. Wish you were with me Crocuhie!!!

Cheers

F**k sake your not coming to Manc land are you.  :lmao: Better not brin the Corona with you or I'll get you put straight back on the plane you Aussie tw*ts.  :lmao:

It would be nice to put picture to names so if at all possible I'd buy you a drink ( spiked of course )) and if I can be of little help will do my best. Not read all your post as just got pm off you as you know, you got your tickets sorted yet?

AussieRed
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 20,583 posts | 6643 
      Reply #40: Mar 09, 2020 10:48:10 pm
      Straight up from liverpool on the same coast, so almost in a direct line from newcastle east to west then down to Liverpool
      Essentially a couple of hours north of Liverpool

Thanks bud. Looking into it...You gonna be in town when I get there mate? Love to have a drink or 2 if you have time.
      AussieRed
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 20,583 posts | 6643 
      Reply #41: Mar 09, 2020 10:48:30 pm

F**k sake your not coming to Manc land are you.  :lmao: Better not brin the Corona with you or I'll get you put straight back on the plane you Aussie tw*ts.  :lmao:

It would be nice to put picture to names so if at all possible I'd buy you a drink ( spiked of course )) and if I can be of little help will do my best. Not read all your post as just got pm off you as you know, you got your tickets sorted yet?

Let's just talk on the PM mate.
      7-King Kenny-7
      • Lives on Sesame Street
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 44,014 posts | 5760 
      • You'll Never Walk Alone!
      Reply #42: Mar 09, 2020 11:11:29 pm
      Looking forward to it, don't get to go back home to Liverpool often enough so this is as good of a reason as any.

if I can be of little help will do my best.

Yeah right, you'd stick them on the wrong train lad, sending him to the midlands instead ;).
      Keith Singleton
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 16,662 posts | 2656 
      • Sir Lewis Hamilton
      Reply #43: Mar 10, 2020 10:28:48 am
      Looking forward to it, don't get to go back home to Liverpool often enough so this is as good of a reason as any.

Yeah right, you'd stick them on the wrong train lad, sending him to the midlands instead ;).

You read my mind  ;D ;D ;D
      AussieRed
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 20,583 posts | 6643 
      Reply #44: Mar 12, 2020 10:56:19 pm
      This is fu**ed now..there goes the Newcastle bit of my trip as no games with fans!!! F**k F**k F**k F**k F**k!!!!!!

Might just stay Liverpool 16-25th now if I'm coming at all.
      HUYTON RED
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 39,948 posts | 8458 
      Reply #45: Mar 13, 2020 12:55:29 am
      This is fu**ed now..there goes the Newcastle bit of my trip as no games with fans!!! F**k F**k F**k F**k F**k!!!!!!

Might just stay Liverpool 16-25th now if I'm coming at all.

Just wait and see for now mate

Quick Reply