Trending Topics

Next match: LFC v Brighton [Premier League] Sun 31st Mar @ 2:00 pm
      Anfield

Today is the 28th of March and on this date LFC's match record is P26 W11 D3 L12

Pre-Match: Norwich City v Liverpool (15th Feb 2020, 17:30 GMT)

Read 8244 times
      waltonl4
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 37,585 posts | 7139 
      Re: Pre-Match: Norwich City v Liverpool (15th Feb 2020, 17:30 GMT)
      Reply #46: Feb 12, 2020 01:11:30 pm
      its going to be hard to get into the midfield now with competition high exactly as it should be. An early goal would be brilliant but this team has so many ways to win a game its almost impossible to say who will be the match winner this week.
      crouchinho
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 42,508 posts | 2620 
      • TU TA LOUCO? FILHO DA PUTA!
      Reply #47: Feb 12, 2020 10:20:31 pm
      So you weaken the team just to accommodate Milner, how odd? BTW if we are 4-0 up with 15 minutes to play then I'd be ok with giving James a few minutes, but certainly not starting him and I'd much prefer him to play in midfield than LB.

Okay.

I think some on here are in danger of underestimating Norwich, I think this match could be a potential banana skin if we are to cavalier and complacent about it, its certainly not a game for experimentation after a 2 week break where we might be a bit rusty.

They're seven points off safety and we're without peer :)
      adammac
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 4,757 posts | 239 
      • Heart As Big As Liverpool
      Reply #48: Feb 13, 2020 06:02:36 am
      I think Klopp will play pretty much most of the guys he plans on using for the game in Madrid. Just coming off break there shouldn't be much issue with fitness playing two games in quick succession and they will get their rest if needed when we play West Ham. Given the way Norwich play I wonder if they will do what Soton tried which is try to take the game to us and press us and leave us with lots of space to attack (if we are prepared for it), pretty much a nothing to lose situation given they look most likely to finish bottom of the league.

Line-up pretty much settled, if Mane is fit enough I would start him and give em 60 minutes to shake some rust off him and would continue with Ox in the middle over Fabinho given recent form.

---------------Alisson----------------
      TAA-----Gomez-----VvD-----Robbo
      -----Ox------Hendo------Gini-------
      --Salah-----Firmino---------Mane--

Subs: Adrian, Lovren, Matip, Fabinho, Ketia, Minamino, Origi
      fields of anny rd
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 17,663 posts | 1961 
      Reply #49: Feb 13, 2020 10:07:19 am
      I think Mane misses out but makes the bench and I think Fab plays one or the other and not both of these games.

ruthcity
      • Forum Legend - Dalglish

• 6,867 posts | 1465 
      Reply #50: Feb 13, 2020 11:33:51 am

Who's afraid of the storm? I've a tip for you.

When you walk through a storm, hold your head up high and don't be afraid of the dark.
      At the end of a storm, there's a golden sky and the sweet silver song of a lark.
      Walk on through the wind. Walk on through the rain, though your dreams be tossed and blown.
      Walk on. Walk on with hope in your heart, and you'll never walk alone. You'll never walk alone.
      Mickred
      • Forum John Barnes

• 413 posts | 53 
      Reply #51: Feb 13, 2020 01:20:23 pm
      It seems an age since we last played.

Strongest team possible, get the game won ASAP then make changes ready for Atleti.

YNWA
      shabbadoo
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 29,420 posts | 4581 
      Reply #52: Feb 13, 2020 01:40:20 pm
      It seems an age since we last played.

Strongest team possible, get the game won ASAP then make changes ready for Atleti.

YNWA

Just hope we are sharp & up to speed ..
      heimdall
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 13,818 posts | 2724 
      Reply #53: Feb 13, 2020 03:55:15 pm
      Just hope we are sharp & up to speed ..

In fairness there is no reason we should be any less sharp than Norwich, who have had the same break, it might be a bit of a scrappy game but I'm fairly confident we'll get it won, hopefully by a healthy margin.
      Robby The Z
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • Started Topic
      • 9,034 posts | 2690 
      Reply #54: Feb 13, 2020 07:58:58 pm
      What about:

Adrian
      Williams, Matip, Lovren, Milner
      Lallana, Keita, Ox
      Minamino, Origi, Jones

Then 11 changes for Atletico?

;D
      waltonl4
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 37,585 posts | 7139 
      Reply #55: Feb 13, 2020 10:12:28 pm
      All the Lads look really well rested and raring to go,
      Cant wait its felt like a summer break not a winter one. Just been watching Luis scoring against Norwich...what a scoring beast he was.
      AussieRed
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 20,583 posts | 6643 
      • You'll Never Walk Alone
      Reply #56: Feb 13, 2020 10:27:36 pm
      Every time I think of Norwich, can't help but think Of Luis  :) :) :) :)  ....he F***ing tormented them and I have a massive feeling Sadio is going to do the same this weekend.
      WeAreMenOfShanklysBest
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 396 posts | 114 
      • up the reds
      Reply #57: Feb 14, 2020 10:04:13 am
      What about:

Adrian
      Williams, Matip, Lovren, Milner
      Lallana, Keita, Ox
      Minamino, Origi, Jones

Then 11 changes for Atletico?

;D
      no, players cant go into the atletico game without playing a match in 2 and a half weeks, full strength saturday.
      waltonl4
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 37,585 posts | 7139 
      Reply #58: Feb 14, 2020 10:08:01 am
      no, players cant go into the atletico game without playing a match in 2 and a half weeks, full strength saturday.

I don't think Jürgen takes "risks" he will want to see his players are game ready for Athletico and if all goes well sub them later on.
      This is a perfect game to get back up to speed after a break.
      waltonl4
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 37,585 posts | 7139 
      Reply #59: Feb 14, 2020 10:12:35 am
      looking at the forecast I wouldn't be at all surprised if its called off. Norwich is going to get 60mph winds at 5pm you cant play football in that.
      The safety of the travelling fans is also a factor but hopefully if it is off they announce it early enough before they start making their Journey.
      sms1986
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 1,182 posts | 453 
      Reply #60: Feb 14, 2020 11:34:57 am
      No Olympics decision yet on Salah
      Norwich v Liverpool (Sat, 17:30 GMT)

Liverpool

Liverpool manager Jürgen Klopp starts by providing an update on the chances of Mohamed Salah representing Egypt at the Tokyo Olympics this summer.

He said: "Do I want to lose a player during pre-season? Of course not. But we have to consider different things.

"We need more information. How would it look? When will preparation start? Nobody has really contacted us so far. So no decision made yet but we'll see."

Posted at 11:1711:17
      Tokyo 2020 decision with Liverpool & Salah - Egypt boss

Liverpool

Earlier this week we reported on how Egypt coach Shawky Gharib said that Mohamed Salah's potential involvement at Tokyo 2020 will be a decision for the player and his club Liverpool.

The forward, 27, is on Egypt's provisional 50-man list for the football tournament, which will hold its final on 8 August - the first day of the 2020-21 Premier League season.

"We cannot force Salah to participate with us," Gharib told Reuters.

The tournament is for under-23 teams but three over-age players are allowed.

Posted at 11:2311:23
      Klopp's not underestimating Canaries

Liverpool

It's top versus bottom at Carrow Road on Saturday but Liverpool boss Jürgen Klopp will be taking nothing for granted.

He said: "People think it will be easy because they don't really think about it and they only watch the table but we know about the problems we can have - and we know about the problems we can cause them as well."

11:27
      'Make this game the most important of our lives'

Jürgen Klopp is still only focused on the next game rather than entertaining title talk. That's worked pretty well for Liverpool so far so why change now?

"Norwich is obviously my first concern," said the German boss. "We have prepared ourselves since Monday for this game. We didn't speak about anything else.

"We have no other chance than to make this game the most important game of our lives. Play it on Saturday and try with all we have to win it."

Posted at 11:3111:31
      Klopp pleased with mid-season break

Liverpool boss Jürgen Klopp added: "We sent players all over the world, we wanted them really to rest. I can see a difference in training.

"But it's not about seeing a difference against Norwich, it's about using this time for rest and recovery."

Posted at 11:3511:35
      Mane & Milner in contention

With Sadio Mane and James Milner having recovered from injury, Jürgen Klopp has no qualms about putting them straight back in at Carrow Road.

"Of course they are in contention," he said. "It looks like - and I hope it stays like this - apart from [Xherdan] Shaqiri, [Nathaniel] Clyne and [Paul] Glatzel, all players are in training."

Posted at 11:3811:38
      Playing through pain is normal - Klopp

Jürgen Klopp feels the mid-season break came at a good time, after a busy festive period, given the condition of his players.

"I was a player myself," he said. "When I look back it feels like I played through 80% of the time with pain. Nobody appreciated that because I played still bad so it didn't help. Nobody asked then.

"It is completely normal for a professional football player to play through pain. That's how it is.

"After that long period in December-January, there was no player in the squad who had no pain. Everybody had something."

Posted at 11:4511:45
      Klopp's an admirer of the Canaries' football

Like Jürgen Klopp, Norwich boss Daniel Farke coached at Borussia Dortmund before heading to England.

"I really admire that Norwich stick to their principles," Klopp added. "It's really good football, super coaching. You can see all the patterns on the pitch, all the movements - that's from the training ground.

"They've caused 95% of all teams real problems. They've lost a lot of these games, that's why they're in the situation they are, but for me, on the outside, it looks like a club that really sticks together."

Posted at 11:5411:54
      'It was a good warning for us'

Jürgen Klopp remembers the impressive performance of Daniel Farke's side in the opening game of the season, when the Canaries took the game to Liverpool but ultimately lost.

He said: "We scored four, they scored one, but they had much more chances in that game. That's what we have to think about.

"It was a really good warning and a good start in the season for us. It was early and we were not that consistent at that time."

The Liverpool boss added: "Now both teams are in a different situation but we will feel the quality of Norwich and we have to make sure they feel our quality."

11:56
      A dream preparation week for Klopp

Jürgen Klopp said: "The dream of a manager is to have a full week to prepare for a game. You have intense training sessions which you normally cannot have. Usually the most intense session is the game.

"So we use that week, we train hard. You don't really lose anything. You find your own rhythm again."
      « Last Edit: Feb 14, 2020 12:10:34 pm by sms1986 »
      heimdall
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 13,818 posts | 2724 
      Reply #61: Feb 14, 2020 12:38:35 pm
      looking at the forecast I wouldn't be at all surprised if its called off. Norwich is going to get 60mph winds at 5pm you cant play football in that.
      The safety of the travelling fans is also a factor but hopefully if it is off they announce it early enough before they start making their Journey.

hmm yes, I just saw that, that would be really sh*t and put us in a big disadvantage going into the Ateltico match.
      TameImpala
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 2,269 posts | 1216 
      • He's five foot seven, he's football heaven
      Reply #62: Feb 14, 2020 12:50:50 pm
      Can't see it being called off. Yellow warning isn't too bad, games have been played in similar & even harsher conditions in the not too distant past. Quality of football will probably be worse than we're used to but that's about it
      sms1986
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 1,182 posts | 453 
      Reply #63: Feb 14, 2020 01:22:34 pm
      Can't see it being called off. Yellow warning isn't too bad, games have been played in similar & even harsher conditions in the not too distant past. Quality of football will probably be worse than we're used to but that's about it

Yeah, it looks like it'll affect East Anglia less than Ciara did - https://www.itv.com/news/anglia/2020-02-13/wind-warning-storm-dennis-arrives-this-weekend-what-it-means-for-the-anglia-region/.
      waltonl4
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 37,585 posts | 7139 
      Reply #64: Feb 14, 2020 02:00:02 pm
      its not necessarily what happens in and around the ground (but 60-70mph wind means football is impossible ) its travelling fans having to endure dangerous driving conditions and tomorrow is just awful.  I hope I am wrong but elf and safety rules these days
      Robby The Z
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • Started Topic
      • 9,034 posts | 2690 
      Reply #65: Feb 14, 2020 04:55:35 pm

Wasn't really serious. It might be 11 other players entirely.
      shabbadoo
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 29,420 posts | 4581 
      Reply #66: Feb 14, 2020 04:58:38 pm
      3 gusty points please..

Let’s be avin you..
      Boston not la
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 3,564 posts | 766 
      Reply #67: Feb 14, 2020 05:01:40 pm
      We'll just have to keep the ball on the ground and pass it not the long ball hoof sh*te we normally do.
      Boston not la
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 3,564 posts | 766 
      Reply #68: Feb 14, 2020 05:03:59 pm
      And if it'is a bit gusty what are the odds on Alisson scoring tomorrow?

Quick Reply