Trending Topics

Next match: LFC v Brighton [Premier League] Sun 31st Mar @ 2:00 pm
      Anfield

Today is the 28th of March and on this date LFC's match record is P26 W11 D3 L12

Title Winning Goal

Read 9507 times
      TameImpala
      • Forum Legend - Benitez
      • Started Topic

• 2,269 posts | 1216 
      • He's five foot seven, he's football heaven
      Re: Title Winning Goal
      Reply #23: Feb 12, 2020 10:05:50 am
      My choices;

1. Hendo - Captain, obviously. Would love it to be him after all the stick he's taken in the past. He'll go down in history no matter what & he's scored some important goals for us but I'd love him to have a "Gerrard moment" what people can look back on

2. Robbo - No real need for an explanation. It's just Robbo

3. Trent - Be great for a scouser to do it
      skamp
      • Forum Emlyn Hughes

• 834 posts | 306 
      Reply #24: Feb 12, 2020 01:43:45 pm
      Salah TO secure a hat-trick of Golden Boots with the goal.

ONE SEASON WONDER!
      brezipool
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 9,452 posts | 1735 
      • Mon the Red Machine !
      Reply #25: Feb 12, 2020 01:55:19 pm
      Alisson

No it would have to be Roberson

Robbo for me, again proving the fact we only win things with a scotsman in the team or on the bench. ;D
      brezipool
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 9,452 posts | 1735 
      • Mon the Red Machine !
      Reply #26: Feb 12, 2020 01:56:20 pm
      Good thread. If it's at the Emptyhad, Sterling own goal in the 95 th minute. I sure the Kop could come up with a song for that scenario.

Anywhere else, Hendo for me.
      In reality don't  mind who scores it, will just be fantastic to end 30 years of misery and near misses............LFC   Champions elect, got a real ring to it.............

;D a sterling OG Fantastic !!
      Swab
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 13,361 posts | 3462 
      Reply #27: Feb 12, 2020 01:57:16 pm
      A real team goal.

Every player touches the ball.

We keep it for a good 10 mins, passing, moving probing and they can't get near us.

Then we spot an opening, and quick as a flash, we step up a gear, the ball zipping around, opponents in disarray, working it around the box, in quick 1-2's, until running from deep, Henderson bursts into the box, the 'keeper charges out, a little flick to Firmino, who scores no-look into an untended net.
      clint_call01
      • King Live Match Starter
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 11,659 posts | 3670 
      • Ynwa... lfc till I die !
      Reply #28: Feb 12, 2020 02:49:49 pm
      Henderson's pass to Trent to the wing then Trent cut back inside beat a defender and on the edge on the box, he shots a wonderful goal.

An Englishman to a Scouser.

However, even a dog scores it I would be happy.
      fields of anny rd
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 17,663 posts | 1961 
      Reply #29: Feb 12, 2020 04:11:15 pm
      A real team goal.

We keep it for a good 10 mins, passing, moving probing and they can't get near us.

Then we spot an opening, and quick as a flash, we step up a gear, the ball zipping around, opponents in disarray, working it around the box, in quick 1-2's, until running from deep, Henderson bursts into the box, the 'keeper charges out, a little flick to Firmino, who scores no-look into an untended net.

Sexting!
      shabbadoo
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 29,420 posts | 4581 
      Reply #30: Feb 12, 2020 04:23:49 pm
      A real team goal.

Only to be ruled out by VAR...😂
      ruthcity
      • Forum Legend - Dalglish

• 6,867 posts | 1465 
      Reply #31: Feb 12, 2020 05:48:54 pm
      Would have to be at City...in off the beech ball...failing that Hendo..

Won't be at City if we win out. It's only possible if we drop points.

City has 51 points after 25 games. 90 max points if they win out.
      We have 73 points after 25 games. We need 6 more wins 18 points to reach 91 points.

That makes Palace at home.

Origi at the right place and the right time once again at the Kop end. No two ways about it. I won't mind if it's off a cheeky quickly taken corner.
      Swab
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 13,361 posts | 3462 
      Reply #32: Feb 12, 2020 06:01:00 pm
      Only to be ruled out by VAR...😂

:lmao:
      Robby The Z
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 9,034 posts | 2690 
      Reply #33: Feb 12, 2020 09:20:50 pm
      Won't be at City if we win out. It's only possible if we drop points.

City has 51 points after 25 games. 90 max points if they win out.
      We have 73 points after 25 games. We need 6 more wins 18 points to reach 91 points.

That makes Palace at home.

Origi at the right place and the right time once again at the Kop end. No two ways about it. I won't mind if it's off a cheeky quickly taken corner.

I'm thinking Palace as well just now. Was trying to think of a scenario where Roy starts celebrating for us. Jürgen might enjoy Mama Sakho scoring an own goal to clinch the title for us as well. To celebrate, Jürgen and Pep can do the Mama-Benteke secret handshake they did when Mama was on loan there and Benteke scored two to beat us.
      Rush Goalie
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 1,234 posts | 261 
      Reply #34: Feb 12, 2020 09:59:22 pm
      Klopp names himself on the bench comes on a scores a volley from 30 yards but still wearing his cap..
      king kenny
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 3,111 posts | 441 
      Reply #35: Feb 12, 2020 10:50:05 pm
      We should have won the title last year if it wasn't for a financially doped competitor we would have.  But over the last 2 years every player in the core of the team have had some sensational moments important contributions.   I just find it hard to choose one.  Whilst his contribution against Barcelona was very important but just feel that Gini has had the least exposure. But for me it would be nice to be a special team goal.   I don't think it will be tight game personally when or if the finishing lines starts flashing during a game, I think it is going to be a comfortable win.  Might be that all three of our forwards get a goal. 
      Robby The Z
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 9,034 posts | 2690 
      Reply #36: Feb 13, 2020 01:37:46 am
      We should have won the title last year if it wasn't for a financially doped competitor we would have.  But over the last 2 years every player in the core of the team have had some sensational moments important contributions.   I just find it hard to choose one.  Whilst his contribution against Barcelona was very important but just feel that Gini has had the least exposure. But for me it would be nice to be a special team goal.   I don't think it will be tight game personally when or if the finishing lines starts flashing during a game, I think it is going to be a comfortable win.  Might be that all three of our forwards get a goal.

My fear is that it is decided with City dropping points somewhere and our team not on the park, maybe playing later that day, already having played earlier or playing the next day. It won't take anything away from our accomplishment or our joy over finally winning the league, but it would be nice for that moment to be there with fans and team present.
      king kenny
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 3,111 posts | 441 
      Reply #37: Feb 13, 2020 01:54:23 am
      My fear is that it is decided with City dropping points somewhere and our team not on the park, maybe playing later that day, already having played earlier or playing the next day. It won't take anything away from our accomplishment or our joy over finally winning the league, but it would be nice for that lmoment to be there with fans and team present.

Yeh that would be a real shame if we were robbed of the moment!
      TameImpala
      • Forum Legend - Benitez
      • Started Topic

• 2,269 posts | 1216 
      • He's five foot seven, he's football heaven
      Reply #38: Feb 13, 2020 07:58:17 am
      My fear is that it is decided with City dropping points somewhere and our team not on the park, maybe playing later that day, already having played earlier or playing the next day. It won't take anything away from our accomplishment or our joy over finally winning the league, but it would be nice for that moment to be there with fans and team present.

Me too - I remember when Leicester won it the other year and the title was decided by a match between Tottenham & Chelsea. Seemed to take a bit of the occasion away
      lfc across the water
      • Needs a Klopp hug...Rafa's Number 1 fan...VAR has no faults Promoter
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 3,833 posts | 701 
      Reply #39: Feb 13, 2020 01:41:42 pm
      Quote from Robby The Z

We won our last title, waiting at Anfield for the score from Villa v Norwich. It didn't dampen our celebrations. Nor did it in 83 when we won the league because Norwich beat the mancs.

Quote from TameImpala
      So 6 more wins for the title. Just as a hypothesis - Say we win our next 5 league games & are unfortunately knocked out of the FA Cup by Chelsea, after a valiant performance. That (I think) would leave us facing Crystal Palace on Saturday 21st March, needing a win to clinch the league (providing City win all of their remaining games up to that point)

So here's the scenario - the game is deadlocked at 0-0, it's been scrappy. Hodgson has turned up and stuck 10 men behind the ball, aware of the fact it's 10 years since his woeful tenure, wanting to do everything he can to stop poetic justice running its course & to deny Liverpool the chance of clinching their elusive 19th league title in front of his nose.

90 minutes on the clock and we're in to added time - A chance is carved out. The ball is squared across the box and somebody is there to tap it into an open net - Who would you want that player to be?

Anyone. We've had this discussion already.

Hopefully it will be against Palace, but assuming the game is off, it doesn't matter. Personally I don't think Hodgson has the wherewithal to keep us scoreless at Anfield for 90 minutes, as nobody else has.

Most of us would have been happy enough in August just to win the league. Not many of us were too bothered how or when. The same applies now.
      Robby The Z
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 9,034 posts | 2690 
      Reply #40: Feb 13, 2020 02:05:27 pm
      We won our last title, waiting at Anfield for the score from Villa v Norwich. It didn't dampen our celebrations. Nor did it in 83 when we won the league because Norwich beat the mancs.

Anyone. We've had this discussion already.

Hopefully it will be against Palace, but assuming the game is off, it doesn't matter. Personally I don't think Hodgson has the wherewithal to keep us scoreless at Anfield for 90 minutes, as nobody else has.

Most of us would have been happy enough in August just to win the league. Not many of us were too bothered how or when. The same applies now.

As.i said, it won't take ANYTHING away from our joy at the accomplishment. The example you cite from last time people were at Anfield. Works.
      HUYTON RED
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 39,948 posts | 8458 
      Reply #41: Feb 13, 2020 06:25:51 pm
      Sakho own goal.

The Liverpool soldier returns!! :laugh:
      Klopps Snood
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 1,632 posts | 1558 
      • CHAMPI9NS
      Reply #42: Feb 13, 2020 10:18:51 pm
      Klopp names himself on the bench comes on a scores a volley from 30 yards but still wearing his cap..

...and his snood  :lmao:
      AussieRed
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 20,583 posts | 6643 
      • You'll Never Walk Alone
      Reply #43: Feb 13, 2020 10:25:54 pm
      I don't give a F**k who does it but I can't wait till that moment. I think time will stop when it happens and we will all go into delirium. I know I'm gonna cry already!!
      jimbo1962
      • Forum Ian Callaghan

• 867 posts | 101 
      Reply #44: Feb 14, 2020 12:00:32 pm

like an AAggguuueerrrroooo moment
      Robby The Z
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 9,034 posts | 2690 
      Reply #45: Feb 14, 2020 04:56:47 pm

like an AAggguuueerrrroooo moment

Does he get back and defend on corners? I guess it could be an own goal from him.  ;) ;D

Quick Reply