Trending Topics

Next match: LFC v Brighton [Premier League] Sun 31st Mar @ 2:00 pm
      Anfield

Today is the 28th of March and on this date LFC's match record is P26 W11 D3 L12

Title Winning Goal

Read 9501 times
      billythered
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 10,821 posts | 4920 
      • From Doubters to Champions of the World
      Re: Title Winning Goal
      Reply #46: Feb 15, 2020 06:51:44 am
      Hendo is a great shout, from being told he is basically sh*te, by Ferguson, to lifting the CL Trophy & ultimately the EPL Trophy would be a real ‘F**k You’ moment for him, however, he will have the honour of Lifting both as Liverpool Captain and be transferred into instant Legendary status, following in the footsteps of club Captains before him,

Ideally tho, on the day All of our front three score in a exhibition of football where everyone contributes  from Allison to Salah, in our best performance of the season, everything clicks, from 50/60 yard passes, one/ twos, slick passing, little flicks here and there, and virtually taking the f***in Piss, ultimately with Firmino doing one of his no look goals, his hat-trick goal having not scored all season at home,

A 5-0 thrashing at least, and where old Rubber face Hodgeson and his Crystal tip tossers are totally humiliated......and a week later @ the Emptihad....Pep and his pretenders have the privilege of giving us ‘The Champions’ a very very slow and longgggggg Guard’ of Homour.

YNWA
      waltonl4
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 37,585 posts | 7139 
      Reply #47: Feb 15, 2020 08:14:32 pm
      One of my strongest memories as a young man was the game against leeds in April 73 second to last game more or less a title decider and we won 2-0 Keegan and Cormack the entire ground erupted the Kop was heaving and we new it was our title. I hope we get to win it at Anfield our supporters deserve that special moment and to share it with the team
      RomaN
      • Forum Barry Venison

• 158 posts | 38 
      Reply #48: Feb 15, 2020 09:13:07 pm
      Hendo, simple.
      Benladdie3000
      • Forum Gary McAllister

• 92 posts | 19 
      Reply #49: Feb 15, 2020 09:29:27 pm
      We all know it's gonna be origi, end of.
      scotscouse
      • Forum Neil Ruddock

• 154 posts | 40 
      Reply #50: Feb 15, 2020 09:30:14 pm
      Kompany makes a one game come back against us,and scores a screamer of an own goal to give us the title, Neville to demolish the statue he wanted put up for him
      AussieRed
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 20,583 posts | 6643 
      • You'll Never Walk Alone
      Reply #51: Feb 15, 2020 10:59:39 pm
      I actually now really hope Sadio scores it! We've seen all year how much he wants this!

He was like a Man possessed when he came on, I knew he'd score and what a ripping turn and finish that was! World F***ing Class!

JD
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 39,529 posts | 6887 
      Reply #52: Feb 16, 2020 02:01:45 pm
      5 wins required

Our next five games

West Ham (H)
      Watford (A)
      Bournemouth (H)
      Everton (A) - Mon 16th Mar 8pm
      Palace (H) - 21st March 5:30pm

Man City's next five

West Ham (H)
      Leicester (A)
      Man Utd (A)
      Burnley (H) - 14th March
      Chelsea (A) - 12:30 21st March

Think it's going to be Goodison
      HUYTON RED
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 39,947 posts | 8458 
      Reply #53: Feb 16, 2020 02:03:26 pm

like an AAggguuueerrrroooo moment

Worst way to win it for me, showed how close city were to F***ing it up.

sms1986
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 1,182 posts | 453 
      Reply #54: Feb 16, 2020 02:05:31 pm
      5 wins required

Our next five games

West Ham (H)
      Watford (A)
      Bournemouth (H)
      Everton (A) - Mon 16th Mar 8pm
      Palace (H) - 21st March 5:30pm

Man City's next five

West Ham (H)
      Leicester (A)
      Man Utd (A)
      Burnley (H) - 14th March
      Chelsea (A) - 12:30 21st March

Think it's going to be Goodison

Would be good to win it in Liverpool even if it's at Everton! Would mean a guard of honour at home! ;D
      HUYTON RED
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 39,947 posts | 8458 
      Reply #55: Feb 16, 2020 02:06:16 pm
      We all know it's gonna be origi, end of.

He'll still be on the bench when Pickford fucks up with his tiny Raptor arms and throws the ball into his own net to hand us the title at Goodison and Kleenex reveal a surge in buying of bog roll!
      HUYTON RED
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 39,947 posts | 8458 
      Reply #56: Feb 16, 2020 02:07:25 pm
      Would be good to win it in Liverpool even if it's at Everton! Would mean a guard of honour at home! ;D

F**k the guard of honour at home I want that at the Emptihad, really rub it in to those scruffy inbred manc tw*ts.
      AussieRed
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 20,583 posts | 6643 
      • You'll Never Walk Alone
      Reply #57: Feb 16, 2020 08:35:56 pm
      Haven't stopped thinking about the moment since this Thread was started to be honest. Didn't want to jinx anything but yesterday it hit me really, really hard. Standing outside having a smoke at home, looking up at the beautiful sky and this wave of emotion came over me. Couldn't stop Jürgen fist pumping and saying to myself, it's F***ing OURS!!!! Started jumping up and down and was just overcome with emotion that I went in the garage and had another F***ing Cone! An almost celebratory cone, thinking...where will I be when it actually happens, will I be at home where I watch every game or do I go to a packed pub in Melbourne? Picturing that moment when that final whistle goes, watching our Supporters flood the field and embrace the Players!! What a F***ing moment that's gonna be!!!!  Just don't accidently injure them please, they have another 8 League games, numerous CL games and FA Cup games to play in.   :D :D :D :D

:scarf: :scarf: :kop5cf8koxp6: :kop5cf8koxp6: :champ: :champ: :champ: :champ: :champ: :cool-smiley-027: :cool-smiley-027: :food-smiley-005: :food-smiley-005:
      lfc across the water
      • Needs a Klopp hug...Rafa's Number 1 fan...VAR has no faults Promoter
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 3,833 posts | 701 
      Reply #58: Feb 17, 2020 10:38:59 pm
      Quote from AussieRed
      Picturing that moment when that final whistle goes, watching our Supporters flood the field and embrace the Players!! What a F***ing moment that's gonna be!!!!  Just don't accidently injure them please, they have another 8 League games, numerous CL games and FA Cup games to play in.   :D :D :D :D

I've always hated pitch invasions anyway, but at this club we celebrate our achievements properly and allow the players to share the moment with us, not wanting to run for the dressing room. When the time comes, I want to see the fist pumps, the Germanic hands in the air team salute, the organised fireworks show held, if it's at home at night etc. The last thing I want to see is a repeat of the scenes in 1976 at Wolves and worrying about player/fan safety. I don't know if that game actually finished, given there was so many on the pitch after the last goal, I've never seen any footage of the game beyond that point anyway. I know invasions were generally a more regular occurrence in that era, but I would like to think we're a level above that nowadays.

We're all excited, very excited about what is the prize at the finish line, but we're not cavemen who can't stay off a pitch when we win something these days, that's more for the Shrewsburys of the game, to celebrate draws at home against reserve teams. It's not fair on the players and staff, and it's not how we do things here.
      TameImpala
      • Forum Legend - Benitez
      • Started Topic

• 2,269 posts | 1216 
      • He's five foot seven, he's football heaven
      Reply #59: Feb 18, 2020 08:57:41 am
      I've always hated pitch invasions anyway, but at this club we celebrate our achievements properly and allow the players to share the moment with us, not wanting to run for the dressing room. When the time comes, I want to see the fist pumps, the Germanic hands in the air team salute, the organised fireworks show held, if it's at home at night etc. The last thing I want to see is a repeat of the scenes in 1976 at Wolves and worrying about player/fan safety. I don't know if that game actually finished, given there was so many on the pitch after the last goal, I've never seen any footage of the game beyond that point anyway. I know invasions were generally a more regular occurrence in that era, but I would like to think we're a level above that nowadays.

We're all excited, very excited about what is the prize at the finish line, but we're not cavemen who can't stay off a pitch when we win something these days, that's more for the Shrewsburys of the game, to celebrate draws at home against reserve teams. It's not fair on the players and staff, and it's not how we do things here.

I reckon pitch invasions are a bit small time myself, don't think it will happen. I think aesthetically the better image would be all of the players celebrating in front of a capacity KOP, full of scarves and flags, as opposed to a half empty stands with hoards of people on the pitch, having to play Where's Wally to try and spot the players
      HUYTON RED
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 39,947 posts | 8458 
      bigbob75
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 1,264 posts | 280 
      • Let's talk about six
      Reply #61: Apr 11, 2020 12:26:39 pm
      bigbob75
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 1,264 posts | 280 
      • Let's talk about six
      Reply #62: Apr 11, 2020 12:28:31 pm
      ^ Something like that will do.
      FATKOPITE10
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 14,342 posts | 3368 
      • Liverpool fc give me tourettes
      Reply #63: Apr 11, 2020 03:26:37 pm
      Don't care if it bobbles in off someones arse
      Boston not la
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 3,564 posts | 766 
      Reply #64: Apr 21, 2020 04:33:31 pm
      How about Shaqiri ? 
      fields of anny rd
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 17,663 posts | 1961 
      Reply #65: Apr 21, 2020 07:48:23 pm
      Think it's already happened. Lfc to be named league winners on PPG I'm saying!
      Kopite78
      Reply #66: Apr 21, 2020 08:05:05 pm

Hope not.. genuinely hope not
      « Last Edit: Apr 21, 2020 08:10:28 pm by Kopite78 »
      sms1986
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 1,182 posts | 453 
      Reply #67: Apr 21, 2020 08:09:52 pm

Would be a bit of a shame but we’ve earned the title. We’ll probably win it more with Klopp anyway.
      frizzby5
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 18,362 posts | 627 
      Reply #68: Apr 21, 2020 11:39:20 pm
      With tongue firmly in cheek it surely has to be an OG so every other club can claim we didn't win it, it was given to us!

Quick Reply