Trending Topics

Next match: LFC v Brighton [Premier League] Sun 31st Mar @ 2:00 pm
      Anfield

Today is the 28th of March and on this date LFC's match record is P26 W11 D3 L12

Title Winning Goal

Read 9504 times
      lfc across the water
      • Needs a Klopp hug...Rafa's Number 1 fan...VAR has no faults Promoter
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 3,833 posts | 701 
      Re: Title Winning Goal
      Reply #69: Jun 26, 2020 03:01:22 pm
      Quote from Robby The Z
      My fear is that it is decided with City dropping points somewhere and our team not on the park, maybe playing later that day, already having played earlier or playing the next day.

This way means we have a whole week to celebrate before our next game, rather than needing a result from 4 games in 9 days. There's nothing like it.
      RedPuppy
      • Still European.
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 19,250 posts | 2854 
      • Parum Rutilus Canis: Illegitimi non carborundum
      Reply #70: Jun 26, 2020 08:34:43 pm
      I guess the title winning goal was Willian, someone who maybe coming to us if the gossip writers are to believed.
      YANK_LFC_FAN
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 3,506 posts | 424 
      • Timid men prefer the calm of despotism!
      Reply #71: Jun 27, 2020 12:34:46 am
      Did anyone actually have Fernandinho hand ball?
      7-King Kenny-7
      • Lives on Sesame Street
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 44,014 posts | 5760 
      • You'll Never Walk Alone!
      Reply #72: Jun 27, 2020 02:40:06 am
      I guess the title winning goal was Willian, someone who maybe coming to us if the gossip writers are to believed.

Or Pulisic? City had to win to delay us, when Willian stepped up for that penalty, it didnā€™t change our situation. Just really killed off City.
      Robby The Z
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 9,034 posts | 2690 
      Reply #73: Jun 27, 2020 03:11:49 am
      This way means we have a whole week to celebrate before our next game, rather than needing a result from 4 games in 9 days. There's nothing like it.

Yes, in hindsight I'm glad it's done. I certainly didn't hold back in screaming at my telly for Chelsea to get a result.  :)  - Am glad we were able to put in one of our best performance of the season the night before vs. Palace.

Some players may need a couple of days of fitness training to sweat the alcohol out, but I have no doubt whatsoever that the team will be highly motivated to put in a top performance and earn a victory vs. City next Thursday. Would be a bit more icing on a fantastic cake of a season.
      heimdall
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 13,818 posts | 2724 
      Reply #74: Jun 27, 2020 08:52:32 am
      Yes, in hindsight I'm glad it's done. I certainly didn't hold back in screaming at my telly for Chelsea to get a result.  :)  - Am glad we were able to put in one of our best performance of the season the night before vs. Palace.

Some players may need a couple of days of fitness training to sweat the alcohol out, but I have no doubt whatsoever that the team will be highly motivated to put in a top performance and earn a victory vs. City next Thursday. Would be a bit more icing on a fantastic cake of a season.

I think we'll beat City with surprising ease, especially with them missing Fernandinio, their defence is really quite poor, Chelsea might be a trickier opponent although I'd fancy us to beat them at Anfield. Its Arsenal away I'm looking forward to, that could be a real goal fest!
      GERNS
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 12,208 posts | 1503 
      Reply #75: Jun 27, 2020 09:53:21 am
      Weird how Fernandinho gets sent off for an innocuous hand ball, after getting away with 5 or 6 red card incidents throughout the season.
      Dirty b***ard that he is, He seems to be protected. itā€™s good to see he got his just deserves which cost his team the ultimate insult.
      Handing us the title.
      MIRO
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 12,989 posts | 3124 
      • Trust The Universe
      Reply #76: Jun 27, 2020 11:27:37 am
      So ....

There were four !

ruthcity
      • Forum Legend - Dalglish

• 6,867 posts | 1465 
      Reply #77: Jun 27, 2020 12:24:59 pm
      Whatever. Donā€™t really care how itā€™s done as long as we achieve the outcome. Red card, penalty or own goal, I donā€™t really care.

Think Divock. Appalling there are still those who think heā€™s not good enough for us despite delivering positive outcomes. Itā€™s doing me head in.
      WeAreMenOfShanklysBest
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 396 posts | 114 
      • up the reds
      Reply #78: Jun 27, 2020 12:37:28 pm
      Weird how Fernandinho gets sent off for an innocuous hand ball, after getting away with 5 or 6 red card incidents throughout the season.
      Dirty b***ard that he is, He seems to be protected. itā€™s good to see he got his just deserves which cost his team the ultimate insult.
      Handing us the title.
      Not a player Iā€™ve cursed more in the last two seasons than Fernandinho, brilliant from cityā€™s point of view obviously but a pain in the backside for us! So very fitting that in the end he was caught out that lead to us winning the league, like when the villain in the movie gets found out in the end.
      heimdall
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 13,818 posts | 2724 
      Reply #79: Jun 27, 2020 01:47:58 pm
      Handing us the title.

Handball on the line is automatic red as its denying a goal scoring chance.
      Rush Goalie
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 1,234 posts | 261 
      Reply #80: Jun 27, 2020 03:16:03 pm
      Willian goal seals the title... Could happen again next time if we got him in a free 🤔
      ruthcity
      • Forum Legend - Dalglish

• 6,867 posts | 1465 
      Reply #81: Jun 27, 2020 07:20:31 pm
      Willian goal seals the title... Could happen again next time if we got him in a free 🤔

He's missing a CL medal. We could help. Join us on a free and perhaps with a pay cut if Michael Edwards is negotiating... ;D
      TameImpala
      • Forum Legend - Benitez
      • Started Topic

• 2,269 posts | 1216 
      • He's five foot seven, he's football heaven
      Reply #82: Jun 27, 2020 07:29:05 pm
      He's missing a CL medal. We could help. Join us on a free and perhaps with a pay cut if Michael Edwards is negotiating... ;D

If he's on a free I'd actually take him for a year. Think he'd be a sound squad player!
      Jw1892
      • On Trial

• 1 posts |
      Reply #83: Jul 02, 2020 11:28:50 am
      Think this now becomes ā€œFirst Goal as Championsā€ and id love it to be Hendo...

Quick Reply