Trending Topics

Next match: LFC v Brighton [Premier League] Sun 31st Mar @ 2:00 pm
      Anfield

Today is the 19th of March and on this date LFC's match record is P21 W11 D8 L2

Jadon Sancho (Manchester United)

Read 37126 times
      JD
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • Started Topic
      • 39,528 posts | 6887 
      Jadon Sancho (Manchester United)
      Feb 13, 2020 08:20:40 am
      Dominic King for The Mail, who if memory serves me right broke the Minamino story.

Says Liverpool have identified him as the next big transfer.

Liverpool have informed Borussia Dortmund of their desire to sign Jadon Sancho this summer, with the German club expected to demand at least £100million for the 19-year-old England forward.

Manchester City are also expected to bid for Sancho, who left the Etihad for Dortmund in the summer of 2017, while Manchester United, Chelsea, Real Madrid and Barcelona are also interested.

Liverpool are about to enter into a club-record kit deal with Sancho's sponsors Nike, and will hope manager Jürgen Klopp's connections with Dortmund, who he led for seven years, will work in their favour in pursuit of the Londoner.

Sancho is also good friends with Liverpool's Trent Alexander-Arnold, Alex Oxlade-Chamberlain and Jordan Henderson. And he is close to Rhian Brewster, on loan at Swansea from Liverpool, the pair having helped England win the Under 17 World Cup in 2017.

Klopp admitted in January it would be 'very difficult' to improve on his squad, but he has also been open about his admiration for Sancho.

Speaking last February, Klopp praised his former club for their shrewd £8m capture of Sancho and said they had an advantage because England's big clubs rarely do business with each other.

He said: 'Buying English players is a smart idea because we would never have a chance to get Sancho. We are not blind — we saw him, we liked him and then we think, "Can we get him?" No. Because English clubs don't sell to other English clubs.'

Since moving to Germany, Sancho has become one of world football's most exciting young attacking talents and broken into Gareth Southgate's senior England squad.

He is in outstanding form, with 12 goals and 14 assists in just 19 Bundesliga games this season. Last month he became the youngest player to reach 25 Bundesliga goals.
      « Last Edit: Jul 13, 2021 10:29:29 am by racerx34 »
      Vicks86
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 3,635 posts | 273 
      Re: Jadon Sancho (Borussia Dortmund)
      Reply #1: Feb 13, 2020 08:32:10 am
      If we are intent on bringing in both Werner and Sancho, then we are definitely selling.....
      ORIGI!

Wolves have always been a fan of him and they might lose Jimenez as well. Origi might also want more playing minutes. Cant see him staying if both Werner and Sancho are arriving!

Imagine this,  :aaliverpool2xt1: :holyshit:

Mane/Werner - Bobby/Minamino - Salah/Sancho
      Vicks86
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 3,635 posts | 273 
      Reply #2: Feb 13, 2020 09:31:39 am
      heimdall
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 13,818 posts | 2724 
      Reply #3: Feb 13, 2020 09:59:50 am
      If we are intent on bringing in both Werner and Sancho, then we are definitely selling.....
      ORIGI!

Wolves have always been a fan of him and they might lose Jimenez as well. Origi might also want more playing minutes. Cant see him staying if both Werner and Sancho are arriving!

That is an extremely tasty forward line, but with that we would have to start rotating more to keep them all happy.
      racerx34
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 33,578 posts | 3825 
      • THE SALT IN THE SOUP
      Reply #4: Feb 13, 2020 10:20:39 am
      ORIGI!

In: Sancho & Werner

Out: Origi, Shaqiri, Lallana, Clyne, Lovren, Lonergan, Wilson, Grujic, Karius.

Promote some youth.
      heimdall
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 13,818 posts | 2724 
      Reply #5: Feb 13, 2020 10:24:25 am

Promote some youth.

Happy with the In's although I also want another LB as cover for Robbo, as for the Outs, I'm happy with that except if we get rid of Lovren then I think we will also need to buy one more CB, no one in the youth ranks is ready to step up in that position yet although Hoever is pretty close.
      Vicks86
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 3,635 posts | 273 
      Reply #6: Feb 13, 2020 10:38:20 am

Promote some youth.

Thats what I was thinking as well. Look at the possible money that could be generated.

30m, 25m, Free, Free, 10m, Free, 20m, 20m, 5m.. that's 100m right there! Peter spoke about self-sustenance last week and we pay with what we generate. With Nike in the bag, Sancho "can" happen if both parties, the club and most importantly the player, want it to happen.

But just feel we wouldnt dip our hands into the 100mil market yet! Probably just Werner, a left-footed midfield player(?) and a CB if Lovren departs. Think we'll make do with Larouci/Lewis/Milner for another season at LB.
      racerx34
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 33,578 posts | 3825 
      • THE SALT IN THE SOUP
      Reply #7: Feb 13, 2020 11:20:01 am
      Happy with the In's although I also want another LB as cover for Robbo, as for the Outs, I'm happy with that except if we get rid of Lovren then I think we will also need to buy one more CB, no one in the youth ranks is ready to step up in that position yet although Hoever is pretty close.

I'd be hopeful that the club is looking for someone that can do what Gomez did, play either position in the defense.
      The post was mostly to show that the outgoings are potentially there to generate funds.

Thats what I was thinking as well. Look at the possible money that could be generated.

30m, 25m, Free, Free, 10m, Free, 20m, 20m, 5m.. that's 100m right there! Peter spoke about self-sustenance last week and we pay with what we generate. With Nike in the bag, Sancho "can" happen if both parties, the club and most importantly the player, want it to happen.

But just feel we wouldnt dip our hands into the 100mil market yet! Probably just Werner, a left-footed midfield player(?) and a CB if Lovren departs. Think we'll make do with Larouci/Lewis/Milner for another season at LB.

Klopp has spoken highly of Sancho last year. It's more me wishing for a transfer, and maybe Nike funds/marketing/muscle makes it more likely.
      waltonl4
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 37,585 posts | 7139 
      Reply #8: Feb 13, 2020 12:03:19 pm
      I cant say I have seen too much of this lad and only know of his reputation. I would urge caution if people are expecting too many changes if this squad goes all the way this season Jürgen will be loathe to make too many changes in or out.
      racerx34
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 33,578 posts | 3825 
      • THE SALT IN THE SOUP
      Reply #9: Feb 13, 2020 12:23:45 pm
      I cant say I have seen too much of this lad and only know of his reputation. I would urge caution if people are expecting too many changes if this squad goes all the way this season Jürgen will be loathe to make too many changes in or out.

I'm sure we would all happily take one addition to the squad...
      rossyred
      • Forum Legend - Dalglish

• 9,070 posts | 1615 
      Reply #10: Feb 13, 2020 12:32:53 pm
      Have him in a heartbeat long term successor and also weaken rivals . Lot of money but cant see him and Werner
      7-King Kenny-7
      • Lives on Sesame Street
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 44,014 posts | 5760 
      • You'll Never Walk Alone!
      Reply #11: Feb 13, 2020 06:35:43 pm
      Pearce saying he can’t see it happening. Probably a good chance of it happening then given he’s usually wrong or just jumps on the bandwagon of everyone else’s reports when something does happen.
      waltonl4
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 37,585 posts | 7139 
      Reply #12: Feb 13, 2020 07:37:41 pm
      I'm sure we would all happily take one addition to the squad...

The money is going bonkers now for players. I guess its going to have to be a massive signing for anyone to even get near this team of champions
      FATKOPITE10
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 14,333 posts | 3360 
      • Liverpool fc give me tourettes
      Reply #13: Feb 13, 2020 07:40:09 pm
      Would have him in a heartbeat but at that fee there is no chance of it happening
      AussieRed
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 20,577 posts | 6636 
      • You'll Never Walk Alone
      Reply #14: Feb 13, 2020 10:05:11 pm
      Would love him at Liverpool but don't see this happening. Jürgen buys potentially good players and makes them Great. I think Jadon is past potentially good!
      racerx34
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 33,578 posts | 3825 
      • THE SALT IN THE SOUP
      Reply #15: Feb 13, 2020 11:47:49 pm
      Would love him at Liverpool but don't see this happening. Jürgen buys potentially good players and makes them Great. I think Jadon is past potentially good!

He also spends big when he has/wants to.
      AussieRed
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 20,577 posts | 6636 
      • You'll Never Walk Alone
      Reply #16: Feb 13, 2020 11:50:03 pm
      He also spends big when he has/wants to.

I'm hoping he goes for Jadon and Timo. Whata F***ing Team we have and it's already magnificent. Gonna be Magnificenter!!!  :D :D :D
      FL Red
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 31,036 posts | 6285 
      Reply #17: Feb 14, 2020 03:07:52 pm
      Personally don't think there's anyway we are going to spend 100m on one player.
      Tayls

• 5,378 posts | 510 
      Reply #18: Feb 14, 2020 03:29:19 pm

Maybe, although given our depth now I don't think there will be that many signings in total, so if we do want to go for someone specific the budget is there to go for them.
      FL Red
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 31,036 posts | 6285 
      Reply #19: Feb 14, 2020 03:31:29 pm
      Maybe, although given our depth now I don't think there will be that many signings in total, so if we do want to go for someone specific the budget is there to go for them.

Oh yea, we definitely have the money...and I could see us maybe paying that for a player like a Virgil or Allison where we had a position of need and a world class player like that was available. In this case, Sancho would just be a really nice to have addition that might not even break into the starting 11 right away. That kind of money for a player in that situation is what I'm just not seeing.

That's not to say I don't think the kid would be worth it. Look at what Pulisic went for....Sancho is more proven and he's English so there's that as well.
      Robby The Z
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 9,034 posts | 2690 
      Reply #20: Feb 14, 2020 05:32:10 pm
      Oh yea, we definitely have the money...and I could see us maybe paying that for a player like a Virgil or Allison where we had a position of need and a world class player like that was available. In this case, Sancho would just be a really nice to have addition that might not even break into the starting 11 right away. That kind of money for a player in that situation is what I'm just not seeing.

That's not to say I don't think the kid would be worth it. Look at what Pulisic went for....Sancho is more proven and he's English so there's that as well.

If we did spend that on a player he definitely wouldn't be coming in to share a position with someone.

The article starts with him saying the club have told Dortmund they want to sign him, but then there's nothing else to indicate how he knows this, who told him, who said what to who... - the rest of the article is basically just saying that Sancho is a good player.

Most of the transfers Klopp and Edwards have done you don't hear about them until just before they are announced. Virgil was an exception because of the tapping up bit and I guess Naby Keita was one talked about for quite a while before it actually happened (and then the actual arrival was delayed a year).  So if this is legit it would go against the trend in that regard.

We'll see...
      AZPatriot

• 9,944 posts | 1759 
      Reply #21: Feb 14, 2020 05:57:17 pm

Spent 75m on a player not too long ago..don't know why we wouldn't...just a number.
      waltonl4
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 37,585 posts | 7139 
      Reply #22: Feb 14, 2020 06:05:52 pm
      Spent 75m on a player not too long ago..don't know why we wouldn't...just a number.

I guess it also could affect the other players if this lad comes in on more money than some of the top earners now. The balance in all aspects of this squad seems perfect at present I cant see any risks being taken with this.

Quick Reply