Trending Topics

Next match: LFC v Arsenal [Premier League] Mon 28th Sep @ 8:00 pm - Pre Match Topic
      Anfield

Today is the 28th of September and on this date LFC's match record is P30 W18 D5 L7

Jadon Sancho (Borussia Dortmund)

Read 9517 times
      Tayls
      • Forum Legend - Dalglish

• 5,221 posts | 437 
      Re: Jadon Sancho (Borussia Dortmund)
      Reply #150: Aug 04, 2020 11:22:24 am
      Purely based on stats didn't our front 3 score more than your front 3?

Bet you your three scored a way higher total percentage of your goals this season than ours, which suggests an over reliance on them. I'd also be surprised if our boys didn't assist more than yours as well, not sure on the stats for that. Assume goals scored stat would include the Europa League games against less than stellar opposition, although ultimately all goals count whoever they're scored against.

I think if you delved deeper into those stats and their implications, it would certainly lend itself to the argument you need more reinforcements other than in attack. As good as Sancho is - fee aside, I think he's going to be highly effective and a real quality player - is he really what you need to spend that amount of money on? Inclined to agree with KK that 120m could buy you several defenders which you desperately need. If you end up with them as well as Sancho, well that would give you something to be happy about.
      bigbob75
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 682 posts | 113 
      • Let's talk about six
      Reply #151: Aug 04, 2020 11:23:06 am
      £120 million? Seriously? I can see another Pogba type hype and flop coming  ;D
      HUYTON RED
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 31,171 posts | 4630 
      Reply #152: Aug 04, 2020 12:06:52 pm
      Sh!t happens  ;D Saving two million a month now that Sanchez gone, it all helps  ;D

Keep spending on shiney things while neglecting the areas you do need to improve. I'm all for it. Sancho still needs to prove it in the prem first. This could end up like Zaha all over again  ;D
      Keith Singleton
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 6,376 posts | 864 
      Reply #153: Aug 04, 2020 12:25:35 pm
      Bet you your three scored a way higher total percentage of your goals this season than ours, which suggests an over reliance on them. I'd also be surprised if our boys didn't assist more than yours as well, not sure on the stats for that. Assume goals scored stat would include the Europa League games against less than stellar opposition, although ultimately all goals count whoever they're scored against.

I think if you delved deeper into those stats and their implications, it would certainly lend itself to the argument you need more reinforcements other than in attack. As good as Sancho is - fee aside, I think he's going to be highly effective and a real quality player - is he really what you need to spend that amount of money on? Inclined to agree with KK that 120m could buy you several defenders which you desperately need. If you end up with them as well as Sancho, well that would give you something to be happy about.

I don't know just read it so basically copied & pasted, dont know the details  ;D KK and I said same thing so you agree with me and KK  not jut KK  :D

If you read our post it certainly is a luxury buy but Ole at the wheel does his own driving so won't
      listen to us fans.  ;D

No doubt Sancho has quality but still has to prove it in the premier league, we all know that's no easy task.
      Keith Singleton
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 6,376 posts | 864 
      Reply #154: Aug 04, 2020 12:27:43 pm
      £120 million? Seriously? I can see another Pogba type hype and flop coming  ;D

If he turns out as good  as Pogba I'll be more than happy. Hopefully just more consistent.
      Keith Singleton
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 6,376 posts | 864 
      Reply #155: Aug 04, 2020 12:29:12 pm
      Keep spending on shiney things while neglecting the areas you do need to improve. I'm all for it. Sancho still needs to prove it in the prem first. This could end up like Zaha all over again  ;D

This is always the case with big money standings, it's the norm so nothing new.
      Scotia
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 8,618 posts | 2628 
      Reply #156: Aug 04, 2020 12:30:29 pm
      If he turns out as good  as Pogba I'll be more than happy. Hopefully just more consistent.

I guess you see more of "The Pog" Keith.....

He wouldn't get near our team and I'd rather have great kids like Curtis and Harvey on the bench than that big gimpy primadonna......
      Keith Singleton
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 6,376 posts | 864 
      Reply #157: Aug 04, 2020 12:34:31 pm
      I guess you see more of "The Pog" Keith.....

He wouldn't get near our team and I'd rather have great kids like Curtis and Harvey on the bench than that big gimpy primadonna......

We shall agree to differ on that one Scotia  :)
      bigbob75
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 682 posts | 113 
      • Let's talk about six
      Reply #158: Aug 04, 2020 12:48:04 pm

The most overrated apparent big player I probably have seen? Hope so as well Keith 😉
      Scotia
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 8,618 posts | 2628 
      Reply #159: Aug 04, 2020 12:50:04 pm
      We shall agree to differ on that one Scotia  :)

Noted and understood matey.

I'm not questioning his ability - its just a fact that we couldnt carry him the way we play.

The bench point is just my view.
      Keith Singleton
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 6,376 posts | 864 
      Reply #160: Aug 04, 2020 12:52:22 pm
      Noted and understood matey.

I'm not questioning his ability - its just a fact that we couldnt carry him the way we play.

The bench point is just my view.

Course mate it's all about opinions, we don't have to be right to have one.
      Scotia
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 8,618 posts | 2628 
      Reply #161: Aug 04, 2020 12:54:52 pm
      Course mate it's all about opinions, we don't have to be right to have one.

You do not ;)
      Keith Singleton
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 6,376 posts | 864 
      Reply #162: Aug 04, 2020 12:56:41 pm

Well you got that one right  ;)  ;D
      HUYTON RED
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 31,171 posts | 4630 
      Reply #163: Aug 04, 2020 01:40:13 pm

Should give you the job of centre back la the amount of defending you're doing in here :lmao:
      Keith Singleton
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 6,376 posts | 864 
      Reply #164: Aug 04, 2020 01:43:20 pm
      Should give you the job of centre back la the amount of defending you're doing in here :lmao:

:lmao: Brillant HR  :lmao:

heimdall
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 12,128 posts | 2488 
      Reply #165: Aug 04, 2020 02:10:35 pm
      STOP!! please please don't compare us with City & Chavs. We already know City have cheated and Chavs also have a dubious owner.

Uniteds revenue comes from having one of the biggest fan basis in the world. 75,000 fans every second week tells its own story so please please let's not go down the jealously route. No English club comes near us in that department so take the rose tinted glasses off. If Liverpool were getting the same crowds in with the same revenue there'd be doing the same thing.

I'm not making any further comment on this as it's futile with you when you have a bee in your bonnet.  ;D

Feel like I might have touched a nerve there ;-). Man Utd does generate its own revenues, I'll give you that, but one of the main reasons why Ferguson and Man Utd were able to dominate English football over the last 3 decades was that you guys were by far the richest club, similar to Bayern in Germany,you more or less admit to that yourself.  Its that uneven playing field I refer to, I'll grant you that Chavs and Citeh are far far worse as their revenues are completely artificial.
      heimdall
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 12,128 posts | 2488 
      Reply #166: Aug 04, 2020 02:16:48 pm

actually its not always the case, unless you refer exclusively to Man Utd. For example our two expensive purchases were defensive, Virgil and Allison, to give us the quality we needed to launch a title bid, Sancho will not do that for Utd, not when you already have such an amazing front three, far better than ours apparently!!!!!!
      Keith Singleton
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 6,376 posts | 864 
      Reply #167: Aug 04, 2020 03:15:54 pm
      Feel like I might have touched a nerve there ;-). Man Utd does generate its own revenues, I'll give you that, but one of the main reasons why Ferguson and Man Utd were able to dominate English football over the last 3 decades was that you guys were by far the richest club, similar to Bayern in Germany,you more or less admit to that yourself.  Its that uneven playing field I refer to, I'll grant you that Chavs and Citeh are far far worse as their revenues are completely artificial.

;D ;D
      You struck your own nerve not mine   :lmao:

I'm not sure the class of 92 would agree when you when consider United have had the best youth academy in world football mate.

Heimdall you really need to give up on this one. Bless you for trying  though.  :D
      heimdall
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 12,128 posts | 2488 
      Reply #168: Aug 04, 2020 03:32:39 pm
      ;D ;D
      You struck your own nerve not mine   :lmao:

I'm not sure the class of 92 would agree when you when consider United have had the best youth academy in world football mate.

Heimdall you really need to give up on this one. Bless you for trying  though.  :D

I didn't realise that Rio Ferdinand, Vidic, Stam, Cantona, Van Persie, Rooney, Yorke, Cole, Ronaldo etc etc etc all came through the academy. You do have a good academy but even in the last 5 years Man Utd have spent £450m to our £75m. So I think you are the one that needs to realise that your club have relied on being able to buy success for quite some time now.
      7-King Kenny-7
      • Lives on Sesame Street
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 41,843 posts | 4675 
      • You'll Never Walk Alone!
      Reply #169: Aug 04, 2020 03:58:52 pm
      Purely based on stats didn't our front 3 score more than your front 3?

To be fair 2 of our 3 forwards out scored all of yours in the league. Difference is we were playing Champions League whilst you’ve been playing minnows in the Europa League.
      It’s like comparing a player scoring more league goals in the lower division than what someone has managed in the Premier League.
      heimdall
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 12,128 posts | 2488 
      Reply #170: Aug 04, 2020 04:03:00 pm
      To be fair 2 of our 3 forwards out scored all of yours in the league. Difference is we were playing Champions League whilst you’ve been playing minnows in the Europa League.
      It’s like comparing a player scoring more league goals in the lower division than what someone has managed in the Premier League.

In which case the only meaningful stat is the premier league where we scored 85 goals compared to Manure's 66, never realised our midfielders and defenders scored so many goals, but that's great news as it led to us finishing the league 33 points ahead of them! ;-)
      7-King Kenny-7
      • Lives on Sesame Street
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 41,843 posts | 4675 
      • You'll Never Walk Alone!
      Reply #171: Aug 04, 2020 04:05:17 pm
      In which case the only meaningful stat is the premier league where we scored 85 goals compared to Manure's 66, never realised our midfielders and defenders scored so many goals, but that's great news as it led to us finishing the league 33 points ahead of them! ;-)

Basically yes.

All 3 of our forwards got more assists too. So yeah I wouldn’t be including opponents in some semi pro team from the outskirts of Russia or wherever in a stats comparison :laugh:
      Keith Singleton
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 6,376 posts | 864 
      Reply #172: Aug 04, 2020 04:18:58 pm
      I didn't realise that Rio Ferdinand, Vidic, Stam, Cantona, Van Persie, Rooney, Yorke, Cole, Ronaldo etc etc etc all came through the academy. You do have a good academy but even in the last 5 years Man Utd have spent £450m to our £75m. So I think you are the one that needs to realise that your club have relied on being able to buy success for quite some time now.

I can see why plenty of  forum members call you a WUM  :lmao: However, you're good for the banter which I very much enjoy.  ;D

Who mentioned the above names in relation to the academy ? This year alone we had 12 academy graduates feature in the Premier League.

If it's only (( in your words good )) who's better?
      Keith Singleton
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 6,376 posts | 864 
      Reply #173: Aug 04, 2020 04:20:33 pm

Just a bit of banter that KK. Bit like people comparing Greenwood with Brewster  :)
      bazspeedman
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 12,522 posts | 1522 
      Reply #174: Aug 04, 2020 08:49:40 pm
      So Sancho will reportedly cost United £115 million with £15 million of it paid to City. And another £340k per week in wages over 5 years.

So over £200 million between fee and wages for one player.

They can have him.

Quick Reply